Why couldn't I "Connect to Xbox LIVE"?

[quote name='starmask2k3']to many people r online because of the christmas and new year[/quote]

Thats what I think.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']This is just sad. 50 bucks a month for a service that gets messed up almost one a Week for every month? I mean It must be nice for the Free Customers on the PS3 cause if there service goes down, they don't really have anything to complain about. But what about the people playing monthly? This is just sad. I hope we get some kind of Reimbursement.[/QUOTE]

$50 per year maybe?

And reimbursement? Doubt it.

Also, Major Nelson is updating his twitter, not his blog.

http://twitter.com/majornelson

[quote name='Vulcan2422']This is just sad. 50 bucks a month for a service that gets messed up almost one a Week for every month? I mean It must be nice for the Free Customers on the PS3 cause if there service goes down, they don't really have anything to complain about. But what about the people playing monthly? This is just sad. I hope we get some kind of Reimbursement.[/QUOTE]

Its $50 per year and this is prolly the 3rd time in 4 years Ive had issues with the service. Others have had more issues, but damn is it a better alternative to the BS required for PC fps gaming.

PS3 does a good job, Sony really needs to streamline PSNetwork tho.

Considering that you can get a 13 month card for like $40 (which equals out to $3.07 per month, which is $0.77 per week), LIVE is really cheap. Other utilities such as cable, cell, etc are like $50 a month.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is anyone having problems connecting to Live right now? I haven't used my 360 in a few weeks, just powered it back on, and I couldn't log in. It sat on the "twirling 360 logo" screen for a minute and then dumped me back to whatever screen I was on.

My network tests checked out-it claimed it can connect.

After maybe the tenth attempt, it finally logged in, while I was writing this, but I'll post it anyway just to see if anyone else has had issues.[/quote]

www.xbox.com

Yes, there is a problem.

It's so bad forum mods on the Xbox site are capping most every thread under the XBL thread.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']This is just sad. 50 bucks a month for a service that gets messed up almost one a Week for every month? I mean It must be nice for the Free Customers on the PS3 cause if there service goes down, they don't really have anything to complain about. But what about the people playing monthly? This is just sad. I hope we get some kind of Reimbursement.[/quote]

You don't pay 50 bucks a month for Live. Also, nothing in this world is beyond the ability to fail. Give them some time to fix whatever the problem is. Live has been stellar for the most part since it went online many years ago.

this sucks, i can't play any game where i've downloaded legally purchased content offline, fuck fuck fuck. oh well, going to vegas in an hour or so. lol

Man, a lot of posters on Xbox.com are a whiny lot. They sound like a bunch of children crying about this situation. Yes it sucks, but deal with it like an adult.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, a lot of posters on Xbox.com are a whiny lot. They sound like a bunch of children crying about this situation. Yes it sucks, but deal with it like an adult.[/QUOTE]

XBL...bunch of children crying and whining? Not sure what you mean....

=p

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, a lot of posters on Xbox.com are a whiny lot. They sound like a bunch of children crying about this situation. Yes it sucks, but deal with it like an adult.[/quote]

We're paying $40-50 a year for XBL, and right now i have time off from college so i would expect this shit to be fixed by now...that's why i'm complaining.

[quote name='SynGamer']We're paying $40-50 a year for XBL, and right now i have time off from college so i would expect this shit to be fixed by now...that's why i'm complaining.[/quote]

I'm sure they "expect this shit" to be fixed too. Most of us have had time off whether from school or work.

So, out of the year a few days go wonky. Since 2004 this is the first major issue I have seen. This is the holidays and tech people could be visiting family for all we know. 100% up time is impossible and none of us are IT people. They are probably going through hell trying to fix this and they certainly aren't half-assing it. Complaining isn't going to make them work any faster.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm sure they "expect this shit" to be fixed too. Most of us have had time off whether from school or work.

So, out of the year a few days go wonky. Since 2004 this is the first major issue I have seen. This is the holidays and tech people could be visiting family for all we know. 100% up time is impossible and none of us are IT people. They are probably going through hell trying to fix this and they certainly aren't half-assing it. Complaining isn't going to make them work any faster.[/quote]

Thanks for your input on this situation, Mr. Gates. Now that you've put us all in our place maybe you could explain why we should all buy a Zune?

...I'd be much more annoyed with Xbox Live if the Pats weren't losing...Let's Go Giants....

[quote name='Cryptosporidium-399']Thanks for your input on this situation, Mr. Gates. Now that you've put us all in our place maybe you could explain why we should all buy a Zune?

...I'd be much more annoyed with Xbox Live if the Pats weren't losing...Let's Go Giants....[/quote]

:lol:

Yeah it's a good game so far. It's a good distraction from the Live issues. I've been jonesing for some Halo 3 and COD4 today but what can you do?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol:

Yeah it's a good game so far. It's a good distraction from the Live issues. I've been jonesing for some Halo 3 and COD4 today but what can you do?[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

I'll root for any team that plays against Bill Bilichick that asshole.

It's funny. I've hardly played on LIVE for the past few weeks, but now that it's gone to shit I suddenly have the urge to play some CoD 4 online.

Guess it's like the Wii craze. D:

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Indeed.

I'll root for any team that plays against Bill Bilichick that asshole.[/QUOTE]

38-35? If I was the Giants I'd feel robbed.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Indeed.

I'll root for any team that plays against Bill Bilichick that asshole.[/QUOTE]

38-35? If I was the Giants I'd feel robbed.

xblbroke.jpg

:lol: I'm bored at work... what can I say?

GuilewasNK, what's the funky Next Generation thingee in your signature about? That's a riot.

[quote name='AshesofWake']this sucks, i can't play any game where i've downloaded legally purchased content offline, fuck fuck fuck. oh well, going to vegas in an hour or so. lol[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm not going for these console download services. Not until they have more fair DRM terms (like at least Steam you only need to authenticate once each time you reinstall an OS or change computers-similar with iTunes).

[quote name='Danil ACE']Considering that you can get a 13 month card for like $40 (which equals out to $3.07 per month, which is $0.77 per week), LIVE is really cheap. Other utilities such as cable, cell, etc are like $50 a month.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but those actually give you something for your money. Everything Live does is done free on PC. There's no way I can justify $40/year for it, let alone $50. Not when a bit more buys a year of Gametap, or 2-6 games, or...

Anyway glad to hear people are reporting it's working again.

Maybe the Live servers all had to do Windows Updates :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']GuilewasNK, what's the funky Next Generation thingee in your signature about? That's a riot.

[/quote]

It's a spoof on the skit Night at the Roxbury from Saturday Night Live.

This is the original clip. Someone just put Picard, Riker and Data's heard in place instead. There's other spoof with Bill Cosby, Randy Savage and others, but I like the Trek one the best since I am a huge Trek fan.

e21a1a7124e7a4cc1c63d7fyh6.gif

They finally got the status updated to indicate the problems.

Users may experience intermittent issues logging onto Xbox Live. Our engineers are continuing to investigate and are working to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I'm glad I don't have broadband at my apartment. :lol:

At the momeny, anyway.

Seriously, I was expecting this to be fixed by the time I got home from work today. I got Crackdown on Friday and I don't want to start playing it without the needed game update, but of course I can't get that update if it won't let me connect to xbox live. Ugh.

[quote name='Inferno-X']Seriously, I was expecting this to be fixed by the time I got home from work today. I got Crackdown on Friday and I don't want to start playing it without the needed game update, but of course I can't get that update if it won't let me connect to xbox live. Ugh.[/QUOTE]
Unplug the Ethernet cable from the back of your 360.

[quote name='dmaul1114']They finally got the status updated to indicate the problems.

Users may experience intermittent issues logging onto Xbox Live. Our engineers are continuing to investigate and are working to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.[/quote]

Ugh, the only problem is that is the status message they've been posting on their site every so often since nearly last week. At least they're still working on it, even though it seems to have only short periods of functionality.

After 15 minutes, i finally got into a game on Halo 3...3 on 2, was originally 4 on 2 but another person left on the other team. After that i couldn't connect to another game and gave up after 20 minutes.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is anyone having problems connecting to Live right now? I haven't used my 360 in a few weeks, just powered it back on, and I couldn't log in. It sat on the "twirling 360 logo" screen for a minute and then dumped me back to whatever screen I was on.

My network tests checked out-it claimed it can connect.

After maybe the tenth attempt, it finally logged in, while I was writing this, but I'll post it anyway just to see if anyone else has had issues.[/quote]
Thank you!

Im not alone!! :bouncy:

I play some Gears Multiplayer Local last night my game freezes... I turn it off the update fucks it up. Then this morning I try to play COD4 and it freezes then I try it again then the sound doesnt work... third try.

I hate 360 atm.

Froze again... am I gonna get red rings?

Why can't I play ANY games now!?!? Every game I play after 1-5 minutes it goes to a Blue/Pink/Green screen and freezes!!!

Is it because of this Xbox Live thing?! ='(

Mines just fucking freezes a lot. I try to press a button and it freezes. I did manage to get in one custom match with 3 other people but it took 10mins to get everyone in a room.

[quote name='lordwow']This is lame as shit.

MS better comp us a few days for this.[/quote]

Just realize this....

$50 a year for Live.

365 days a year.

That equals about 14 cents per day, so even with the outage being 3 to 5 days it wouldn't amount to much.

bread's done
Back