Why did I make this OTT that bugs you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bioshock is 49.99

Comes out to like 32.50 after 35% more, before tax.

COD4 comes out to a little bit under 40 bucks after 35% off + tax. Actually, 38.69.

Ah you guys have Edge. Yeah I don't have that so I didn't factor in the extra 10% in my thinking.

I don't do enough GS purchasing to justify $10 per year on that.

[quote name='wubb']
All prices are before 25%

Tomb Raider Legends - $18 - Beat
Condemned - $16 (I think) OK
Kameo - $13 OK
Graw - $13 Own, Beat
Prey - $10 Own, still sealed
COD2 - $10 Own, Beat
Sneak King - $2 Own

There are some other decent cheap ones but even after 25% you can do better on eBay without much trouble. Stuff like Splinter Cell DA. (own)[/QUOTE]

Bioshock is $50 used, with EDGE it would be $32.50. COD4 would be $35.74. I bought COD4 when it was $37 at Target, but had to take it back due to funds.

College Hoops 2K6 is only $4.99 before anything, so I may pick that up as well.

[quote name='wubb']Ah you guys have Edge. Yeah I don't have that so I didn't factor in the extra 10% in my thinking.

I don't do enough GS purchasing to justify $10 per year on that.[/quote]

I think it's 15. But I've already saved something like 8 bucks, so it's starting to be worth it. I won't renew though, if all the local gamestops start doing the jackassery with the used game stickers.

[quote name='wubb']I think Bioshock was the most fun I had getting cheesemints. I love that game.[/quote]

Ditto.

I sent Burnout Paradise back to Gamefly today but realized later that it was available for purchase at $45.99 or something like that. I should've kept it for that price and tried to use it for a straight up trade for DMC4.

$32.50 for Bioshock is excellent. I'd do that.

$35.74 for COD is also very nice.

Do they take 35% off or do they take 25% off and then 10% off.

35%, wubb.

It comes from the original price no matter what.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think it's 15. But I've already saved something like 8 bucks, so it's starting to be worth it. I won't renew though, if all the local gamestops start doing the jackassery with the used game stickers.[/quote] Stop being such a pussy.

eWash-P-CSup-GooGone.jpg
(Only had to use it on ONE sticker that wouldn't come off by just peeling it off)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think it's 15. But I've already saved something like 8 bucks, so it's starting to be worth it. I won't renew though, if all the local gamestops start doing the jackassery with the used game stickers.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not worth $15 for me. I never trade in there and maybe spend $50 a year there on used games.

[quote name='TFN']Stop being such a pussy.

eWash-P-CSup-GooGone.jpg
[/quote]

You can't use that shit on paper, $$$$uh.

And besides, their stickers are probably going to rip the facing off the paper as you're removing it, making it a moot point.

[quote name='wubb']Definitely not worth $15 for me. I never trade in there and maybe spend $50 a year there on used games.[/quote]

I went for it when I bought NGS during that 25% off PS3 Used sale -- When I'm getting 5.50 off the price or whatever, that's more than 1/3 of the card -- I figured 2 more games and it was paid for -- though I've only found crackdown and saved 2.50 -- so I'm up to 8. That's more than 50%. :D Please getting the subscription to Game Informer which supposedly comes with exclusive coupons sometimes and is a decent rag to flip through.

If the stickers on the paper, its even easier to take off. :roll:

[quote name='corrosivefrost'] Please getting the subscription to Game Informer which supposedly comes with exclusive coupons sometimes and is a decent rag to flip through.[/quote]:dunce:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']3 $55 used games and it's paid for. If you can't find the games cheaper, of course.[/quote]

Well, when they have the sales like this 360 one, you can get a pretty decent price on newer releases that are still going for near retail on eBay. I know I couldn't find NGS for less than 40 at the time, so getting it in store and knowing it was complete and in good condition was worth it.

Morning OTT.

I've gotta play through GRAW. I bought it when I got my system, but ended up playing R6:V all the time. I haven't even beaten the first level yet.

Luckily I haven't bought a used game at GS with a sticker on paper (insert, manual, disc) in quite a while. If the stickers leave residue on the case I take out the insert (to avoid it seeping onto it) and Goo Gone it.

But yeah if you put Goo Gone on an insert it's going to leave a white spot.

Ugh, I can never go to GS, the only one near me is in the Prudential Center, which is like the biggest mall inside of Boston. The place gets raped anytime there's a deal like this. There used to be a EB in the mall next door (Copley) that was in a back corner that no one knew about, so I used to go there, but when the merger happened they obviously wanted to shut one down since they were a 3 minute walk from one another.

[quote name='lordwow']Ugh, I can never go to GS, the only one near me is in the Prudential Center, which is like the biggest mall inside of Boston. The place gets raped anytime there's a deal like this. There used to be a EB in the mall next door (Copley) that was in a back corner that no one knew about, so I used to go there, but when the merger happened they obviously wanted to shut one down since they were a 3 minute walk from one another.[/quote]

It's like this in Poughkeepsie, but they didn't close anything.
There's a gamestop in the new mall, a gamestop in the old mall, and a gamestop in the plaza in front of both malls. At least it'll make it easy for me to get to all three when I pop in there this week.

I'm watching Tyra --- LOL --- and they are talking about teen pregnancies. She's asking some girl what she thinks of the high rise of teen pregnancy and the girl, who is 15 or 16, is like..Wellllllllllllllll there's a lot of pressssureeee.. when you watch TV shows or when you read Cosmooooooo, it just says to 'do this or blow your guy awayyyyy and in the heat of the moment I think girls aren't thinkiiiing...

So, Cosmo magazine is the cause of girls getting pregnant?

Any Graphic Artists up in here? My mom wants me to make a baby shower invitation for a friend, however I don't think she realizes how much I suck at graphic design. Would anybody be willing to help me out here? I don't need anything fancy just some funny cover, I am opening to any ideas. Maybe it is raining baby's or something? I don't know, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday morning and they had a copy of Lost Odyssey at the bottom of the display case. I'm pretty sure it was the full retail game but not 100%.

Briefly thought about asking if I could buy it but nah.

[quote name='wubb']I was at Wal-Mart yesterday morning and they had a copy of Lost Oddysey at the bottom of the display case. I'm pretty sure it was the full retail game but not 100%.

Briefly thought about asking if I could buy it but nah.[/quote]

What day does that go on sale? I might go see if my walmart has it tomorrow.

[quote name='darthbudge']Any Graphic Artists up in here? My mom wants me to make a baby shower invitation for a friend, however I don't think she realizes how much I suck at graphic design. Would anybody be willing to help me out here? I don't need anything fancy just some funny cover, I am opening to any ideas. Maybe it is raining baby's or something? I don't know, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.[/QUOTE]

You can do this sort of invite as just a single page with the details in some sort of script font and maybe a few clipart like images in the corners. You know a teddy bear or whatever.

[quote name='darthbudge']What day does that go on sale? I might go see if my walmart has it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I believe it goes on sale tomorrow. If it was over a week out I might have bought it just for the nerd points.

And Wal-Mart on Saturday or Sunday morning is great. Not many shoppers and plenty of open checkout lanes.

[quote name='wubb']You can do this sort of invite as just a single page with the details in some sort of script font and maybe a few clipart like images in the corners. You know a teddy bear or whatever.[/quote]

Yeah I am trying, I just really really suck at graphic design.

All the Walmarts here are jam packed with beaners + old people on the weekends.

The beaners have no respect and leave all of their boxes and trash everywhere, so its hard to find a parking space without having to either move a big TV box w/ trash in it, or just having to park way out there away from the madness. :[

Yes, that early in the morning. By 10AM our malls/shopping centers are overflowing with stupid people who take up two parking spaces and people that don't know how to park.

:rofl:
Watching the news, and a high school in NE Philly got closed down for the day because last night a few students snuck in and they ended up putting "anywhere from 50-75 chickens" on the first floor and in the basement.

One of the secretaries said "I walk in and I hear "braaa bra bra bra bra (chicken noise lol) and I saw feathers and feces EVERYWHERE!"

:rofl: Oh Philadelphia..

[quote name='dallow']Whatchu guys buying for cheap?[/QUOTE]

I got a pack of Twizzlers yesterday at Wal-Mart for $1.XX

[quote name='TFN']All the Walmarts here are jam packed with beaners + old people on the weekends.

The beaners have no respect and leave all of their boxes and trash everywhere, so its hard to find a parking space without having to either move a big TV box w/ trash in it, or just having to park way out there away from the madness. :[[/QUOTE]

I never understood the deal with that.

[quote name='dallow']That's not helpful wubb. :(

Also, Twizzlers are gross.[/QUOTE]

Oh well I tried. :grouphug:

I was planning to get cherry bites but went with the classic strawberry vines (or logs, sticks, whatever they are called) instead. Should have gone with the bites.

[quote name='darthbudge']Twizzlers are awesome. Wish they weren't just sugar though.[/QUOTE]

But then they would suck. :shrug:

I also had Chik-Fil-A breakfast on Saturday. Chikn Minis > any other fast food breakfast in the history of man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back