Why is uncharted still @59.99?

Yep that is surprising to me to. I think they will drop it to 39.99 soon, and by the time Uncharted 2 comes out it will come out as a Greatest Hits version.

umm wow still $60.... i can get it from gamefly for $37.99 (w/ 5% off)which is not 2 bad or try ebay if u dont mind getin it used

Welcome to the world of first-party exclusives. They don't drop in price until at least 1 year after launch, and usually then it's only because of a sequel or rebranded as a Greatest Hit type game.

[quote name='powerhungry']Why is uncharted still around 60 bucks anyone seen in the net new for cheaper? thanks[/QUOTE]

Because otherwise how are they going to continue to push the limited edition 160gig PS3 with Uncharted. :p

[quote name='MSUHitman']Welcome to the world of first-party exclusives. They don't drop in price until at least 1 year after launch, and usually then it's only because of a sequel or rebranded as a Greatest Hit type game.[/QUOTE]Exactly. Nintendo and SCEA do this quite a bit. They want to get as much back as they can for their games (Sony especially to make up for some hardware losses). They will not drop their price of their first party games until the next installment comes out normally. If it's a game that sold well enough for at least a year (and is not bundled with consoles), it may go Greatest Hits. I do not expect Uncharted to drop until August/September, closer to Uncharted 2.

That's what I say, if a game is published by SCEA, just don't expect a price drop (you can only get games cheaper new if there's a sale or a particular retailer is trying to clearance it out).

I posted the reason here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5496136&postcount=27

and here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5447354&postcount=125

[quote name='guyver2077']i could of sworn i saw a greatest hit uncharted for sale on ebay or something.. maybe from australia?[/QUOTE]Europe has a Platnium version (which is GH in Europe basically). That's SCEE, who is a bit different than SCEA.

Amazon or newegg has it cheaper, but if you waited this long, what's wrong with another year at most? Besides if you can't wait for that, TRU is bound to have a B2G1 free this spring, but definately by this fall

Because it's fucking awesome. I was lucky enough to score a copy from dv8mad for $25 in one of his famed sales.

Scour your local Blockbusters, they have it for $34.99 used.

If you've got a Meijers around, check there. I got mine from there and it was marked $25.

[quote name='lolwut?']Because it's fucking awesome. I was lucky enough to score a copy from dv8mad for $25 in one of his famed sales.

Scour your local Blockbusters, they have it for $34.99 used.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was an awesome game. If I had paid $60 for it, I think I would have been happy with what I got (but I'm glad I got it for cheap).

[quote name='brother bendu']Its a good game, but it's short as hell.[/QUOTE]

It took me about 10 hours to beat... I could see myself doing it in 8 if I didn't look every nook and cranny. But I hardly consider that hella short. Hella short was the first Gears of War or CoD4, both of which only take about 5 hours to beat.

Uncharted is still worth $60, it's top 3 exclusives for PS3. And when people actually buy the game it'll make greatest hits.

[quote name='omipatrick']Uncharted is still worth $60, it's top 3 exclusives for PS3. And when people actually buy the game it'll make greatest hits.[/quote]
Agreed!

i could of asked the same question about gears of war 1 which was 60 dollars till like 6 months before the 2nd one came out. bull crap.

And Uncharted doesn't have DLC so it shouldn't be an issue for you to play another region's game.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Is Uncharted even any good?[/quote] :wall:
[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Because its first party and one of the only decent exclusive games on the system.[/quote]:wall::wall:
Games released:
LBP
Warhawk
Pixeljunk Monsters
Everyday Shooter
Singstar
Ratchet & Clank Future:ToD
MLB 09: The Show
Uncharted
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Flower
Wipeout HD