"Why XBox Live is so great"

And for the record, if my kid ever talked like that, I would've jerked the XBox out of the wall and snapped that XBox Live headset. I would never let my kid curse like that at me.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I don't have an Xbox... is this common? I can't believe kids these days. (Man, I sound old.) They're bad enough in text.[/QUOTE]

So common it's ridiculous.

I quit playing for about over 3 months because of all the cheating & trash talkin...

I just hate hearing mama jokes & being called gay every time I win a match...

[quote name='Spoon_si']I quit playing for about over 3 months because of all the cheating & trash talkin...

I just hate hearing mama jokes & being called gay every time I win a match...[/QUOTE]

So.. did you even make an attempt to watch the video or just assumed people were talking about kids and cheating/being called gay?

That is freaking hilarious - "I want some motherf***in chocolate MILK!!"

Both good times and bad in my experience on XBL - I did have a laugh out loud moment the other day in H2 though.

After winning a Big Team Battle, one of my teammates had prepared some music for us all after the match was over.

As soon as we got back to the score sheet screen, we heard MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This"... even the other team had to have a laugh at that one since it was so unexpected.

I have started leaving Feedback a lot more in the past month - even if it doesn't work (which they promise that it does), it makes you feel a bit better after three 12 year olds team kill and jump the bomb into the water on Headlong.

[quote name='Scorch']I wish I could play music over XBox Live.[/QUOTE]

Put mic near to speaker. Play music.

Though, what I'm wondering is what moronic parent let their obviously under 17 year old spawn-of-Satan play a M-rated game. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']Put mic near to speaker. Play music.

Though, what I'm wondering is what moronic parent let their obviously under 17 year old spawn-of-Satan play a M-rated game. :roll:[/QUOTE]

That kid definately had Damien-like qualities - all for some chocolate milk and just a bit more play time.

[quote name='Scorch']That doesn't work.[/QUOTE]
It does.

The video. Hilarious. I said I wanted Mountain Dew, now I want chocolate milk. Bring me some motherfucking chocolate milk. Was that Black Arrow? I've never played it and it didn't look like the regular R63.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
In Halo 2 I never have my mic on in Rumble Pit anymore. I use it only for team games.[/QUOTE]
I wear mine in RP, but keep it muted so they can't hear me, but if I'm sneaking up on someone or they are sneaking up on me, I might catch them talking or breathing, giving me an extra chance to stay alive. It has help hundreds of times.

[quote name='zewone']It does.

The video. Hilarious. I said I wanted Mountain Dew, now I want chocolate milk. Bring me some motherfucking chocolate milk. Was that Black Arrow? I've never played it and it didn't look like the regular R63.[/QUOTE]

I think it was R63:BA.

[quote name='zewone']I wear mine in RP, but keep it muted so they can't hear me, but if I'm sneaking up on someone or they are sneaking up on me, I might catch them talking or breathing, giving me an extra chance to stay alive. It has help hundreds of times.[/QUOTE]

I do the same on mine, speaking in RP or RT just gets you dead. On, and muted.

I hate to use the mic its just silly.. i've actually had people kick me out of rooms because i didn't have it on.. like it matters any that i talk durring a Burnout 3 race? but on H2 its only useful in Team games.. but even then.. you're team works a lot more effeciently if you minimalize talk so you should have 2 players be "generals" and the other 2 be the peons.. i've found the teams work a lot better that way.. just my opinion.. there is no need for little kids on XBL.. they really should take the feedback and revoke live accounts for little kids cursing and getting mad and leaving because they aren't winning.

[quote name='urzishra14']I hate to use the mic its just silly.. i've actually had people kick me out of rooms because i didn't have it on.. like it matters any that i talk durring a Burnout 3 race? but on H2 its only useful in Team games.. but even then.. you're team works a lot more effeciently if you minimalize talk so you should have 2 players be "generals" and the other 2 be the peons.. i've found the teams work a lot better that way.. just my opinion.. there is no need for little kids on XBL.. they really should take the feedback and revoke live accounts for little kids cursing and getting mad and leaving because they aren't winning.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that and team suicides are annoying as hell.

I played back to back games last week that were just crazy. The first game was Team Slayer with two guys who killed themselves the entire game - we lost 50 to -1.

The second game was Team Slayer as well, and five seconds into the game my three teammates quit. I stayed and faced the four guys and only lost 21 to 10.

I had to laugh when they were bragging about killing me. But then I tend not to get too mad in H2, I just leave feedback.

[quote name='Maizrim']Yeah, that and team suicides are annoying as hell.

I played back to back games last week that were just crazy. The first game was Team Slayer with two guys who killed themselves the entire game - we lost 50 to -1.

The second game was Team Slayer as well, and five seconds into the game my three teammates quit. I stayed and faced the four guys and only lost 21 to 10.

I had to laugh when they were bragging about killing me. But then I tend not to get too mad in H2, I just leave feedback.[/QUOTE]

I ran into TWO suicide games the other day. One of them we were able to get the suicider to quit, so it was a 3 vs 4 handicap. We won that one somehow. The other one ended at like 50 to 13 or something ludicrous.

I'm constantly hearing little kids saying racial crap or cursing all the time on XBox Live, but most of the time I don't have any problems.

Edit: And to comment on the video... hilarious!

That video started out funny, but by the middle of it I was sad. Sad for the mom (whose kid acts like that), sad for the kid (whose mom raised him to act like that), sad for the people who have to play against him.

And not only that, THEY'RE CHEATING!

I was wondering where all those annoying kids went.

PC games, especially Counter-Strike, have been incredibly noob and asshole free the last few months.

That Rainbow 6 game must have an "assholes wanted" sticker on it.

[quote name='Pylis']I ran into TWO suicide games the other day. One of them we were able to get the suicider to quit, so it was a 3 vs 4 handicap. We won that one somehow. The other one ended at like 50 to 13 or something ludicrous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the two guys in question actually said they had been doing it for awhile, to "Lower their levels to play with their friends again."

Here is the link to the actual game - maybe you guys have run into them as well:
http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=215416049&player=Maizrim

[quote name='the3rdkey']Microphones were one of the worst things that ever happened to online gaming.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I had Xbox Live for a few months, and then cancelled it and never looked back. Sure, I miss out on some good times, but 1 out of every 4 games was filled with douches.

It's hard to get excited for X360 when such a focus is on Live, and the majority of Live's users are assholes.

I think the main problem is you guys play with random people. (You people being the people that complain about douches on Live.) If you play with only people from CAG then its really a lot of fun and you don't have to worry about all the douchebags. (Except for maybe help1).

Is their a way to look at the feedback that has been left for you? The only problem I have with kicking people off for their feedback is, some idiots are just upset they lost, and leave feedback saying you cheated.

I also haven't had as much of a problem with the young kids, as I have had with the 16 - 21 crowd talking so much shit

wow i swear if i would have ever spoken to my parents like that i would have gotten a beating of a lifetime. I cant even believe that, all the more reason i dont think i want kids.

Its not the kids fault, its the bad parenting to blame. That kid grew up thinking that was ok...and in his house it is. But if I would of said something like that my grandma would taken out the beating stick and beat me to an inch of my life.

Stupid ass parents.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Its not the kids fault, its the bad parenting to blame. That kid grew up thinking that was ok...and in his house it is. But if I would of said something like that my grandma would taken out the beating stick and beat me to an inch of my life.

Stupid ass parents.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you 100%

That kid sucks. I would have broken his X-Box in half and set it a-flame and watched him cry in terror because his life was burned. I would have then proceeded to give all of his games away to less fortunate kids (seeing as this kid seems spoiled that would piss him off).

You know, the worst thing about shit like this is the message it sends to non-gamers. This is the sort of thing that has lawmakers pushing bills that could restrict violence in videogames; all parents have to do is say "My kid didn't act like that until he played video games." These little shits and their negligent parents are going to make it much more difficult for publishers to release games for adults.

It really gets me, you know. I mean, I grew up in the late '70s and early '80s, and have played games my whole life. But at the same time, my parents were teaching me to know right from wrong & reality from fantasy; knowing these distinctions have allowed me to enjoy games for over 2 decades without turning into an irresponsible, shit-talking retard.

It's called PARENTING, people. Get with it.

This is one of the main reasons I'm hesitant to just randomly play my games on Live, as this video pretty much sums up the kind of crap I don't want to hear from kids. I'd gladly play mostly anyone here or anyone that I know, but most likely not the average kid on Live.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This is one of the main reasons I'm hesitant to just randomly play my games on Live, as this video pretty much sums up the kind of crap I don't want to hear from kids. I'd gladly play mostly anyone here or anyone that I know, but most likely not the average kid on Live.[/QUOTE]

With a few exceptions (other CAGs) I don't play with anyone on XBL that isn't part of the CAG Halo 2 clan. Far too many random jackasses out there.

[quote name='shrike4242']With a few exceptions (other CAGs) I don't play with anyone on XBL that isn't part of the CAG Halo 2 clan. Far too many random jackasses out there.[/QUOTE]
I'd be willing to give most people here a try, and then go from there. I just wouldn't go for the random XBL player simply because of all that I've heard from others and my experiences on other online games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'd be willing to give most people here a try, and then go from there. I just wouldn't go for the random XBL player simply because of all that I've heard from others and my experiences on other online games.[/QUOTE]

I'm mostly harmless.

bread's done
Back