Wii $250 - Nov 19th - The Nintendo 2-Day Press Event Thread!

[quote name='zewone']Is "Mii" the replacement for "!!M"? I liked the latter more.[/QUOTE]

No !!M was supposed to be an IM service. Mii is your avatar that can be used in game. Presumably !!M would also use your Mii when communicating with someone else.

And with that little paragraph I wonder if Nintendo has taken this joke a bit too far... Wii, Mii, !!M, Wiimote, ect...

[quote name='iufoltzie']No !!M was supposed to be an IM service. Mii is your avatar that can be used in game. Presumably !!M would also use your Mii when communicating with someone else.

And with that little paragraph I wonder if Nintendo has taken this joke a bit too far... Wii, Mii, !!M, Wiimote, ect...[/quote]
I'm pretty sure Wiimote isn't the official name. ;)

[quote name='Strell']I better be able to make French HOT MARIO on the Mii Channel, or there will be hell to pay.[/quote]
Seems like you'll only have yourself to blame, and by that I mean your wangmote, if you can't recreate him.

[quote name='Strell']I better be able to make French HOT MARIO on the Mii Channel, or there will be hell to pay.[/QUOTE]

If you can, do you promise to replace your avatar on here?

[quote name='pop311']Get the kingston 1GB from amazon for only $13[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info. My wife had a $10 Amazon code, so she only had to pay a little over $10 for the card.

Also I have a question for all of you in regards to Wii Sports. It has been mentioned that this will be going for around $39.99, but Gamestop has it for Pre-order at $59.99 and releasing Dec. 1st: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000519

Do you all think it's fair to force a $60 game on us or do you feel this is a way Nintendo is giving us a discount at launch? Honestly, I'm like alot of people posting in this thread, if the game is boosting the price of the console package I'd much rather have a choice of game.

[quote name='neudog']

Also I have a question for all of you in regards to Wii Sports. It has been mentioned that this will be going for around $39.99, but Gamestop has it for Pre-order at $59.99 and releasing Dec. 1st: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=T000519

Do you all think it's fair to force a $60 game on us or do you feel this is a way Nintendo is giving us a discount at launch? Honestly, I'm like alot of people posting in this thread, if the game is boosting the price of the console package I'd much rather have a choice of game.[/quote]
I think that would cause a lot of headaches come launch time, but it sounds good in theory and would be kick-ass if they did it... but either way it is still money in their pockets

[quote name='neudog']Also I have a question for all of you in regards to Wii Sports. It has been mentioned that this will be going for around $39.99, but Gamestop has it for Pre-order at $59.99 and releasing Dec. 1st: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000519

Do you all think it's fair to force a $60 game on us or do you feel this is a way Nintendo is giving us a discount at launch? Honestly, I'm like alot of people posting in this thread, if the game is boosting the price of the console package I'd much rather have a choice of game.[/QUOTE]
That price is simply a place-holder. I doubt you'll see a stand-alone version of Wii-Sports until they stop bundling it.

Anyone who would pay $50 or $60 for Wii Sports is pretty much a putz anyway. It's more or less a tech demo. It's a tech demo that I'm excited about, and am glad will come with the system, but in its state of limited gameplay on 5 sports, I'm thinking it's really only a $20ish game, unless those sports are a lot deeper than I've been lead to believe.

That being said, Wii Sports is pretty much THE piece of software at launch to show gamers and non-gamers alike what could be done with the system. From the looks of it, it's for the Wii what Kirby was for the DS for me: the demo game. "See, this non-traditional input can be kinda cool!"

[quote name='daroga']That being said, Wii Sports is pretty much THE piece of software at launch to show gamers and non-gamers alike what could be done with the system. From the looks of it, it's for the Wii what Kirby was for the DS for me: the demo game. "See, this non-traditional input can be kinda cool!"[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Wii Tennis is CRAZY fun. I could play it all day. You'd think its too simplistic just because the characters move by themselves, but you'd be wrong.[/quote]
I take it you went to one of the secret Wii parties?

Full writeup in a new thread please!

I cant say if its true for sure, but I little bird suggested to me that the original launch was planned much earlier, but they delayed it to where it is now to fix an issue with Wiimote durability. That is to say, there was not enough of it and it needed to be improved.

bread's done
Back