WII & DS @ GameStop-$50 Credit for GC Trade-In on Wii and $50 Trade-In GBA on DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxybeles

CAGiversary!
Weekly Ad Specials - Jan. 21-28
Looking to part with some old hardware or perhaps add to your GameBoy collection? Starting this Sunday, January 21, these great offers will begin at your local GameStop:

* Earn a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Wii system when you trade-in your old GameCube
* Earn $50 towards a new or used Nintendo DS when you trade-in your GBA SP.
* Receive 10% Off when you buy 2 or more Used GameCube, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color or GameBoy games. Use coupon code: NINFSI for online purchases. Contact your local GameStop for in-store availability.

These offers expire January 28. Trade-In offers are only valid in stores. Check out the Weekly Ad for additional specials.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/012107/GS_01-21_Page2.asp

Hmm...two GB/GBC/GBA/GCN games, save 10% or basically tax-free! Seems okay deal since I don't have the edge card, but maybe I should hold off until the next B2G1 free.

[quote name='mattstockton12']Well, I think I did better than this. First of all, I bought a cube for 55 dollars back in 2005 on Ebay (with a memory card). I then traded it in the Gamestop in November during a +20 trade-in sale. Getting 48 bucks for my Cube and a crappy third party controller I never used that came with the system. So I had a Cube for an entire year for a 10 buck loss. Not bad. Then I went to Circuit City and used the 40 dollar off coupon and got a Wii for 210, which, coupled with my GC trade in, gave me a Wii for $162.[/QUOTE]

...But didn't you get credit at Gamestop? How can you use one store's credit at another store?

it is illegal to advertise on a open forum and i already have the wii and ds thanks for telling me now

[* Earn a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Wii system when you trade-in your old GameCube
* Earn $50 towards a new or used Nintendo DS when you trade-in your GBA SP.
* Receive 10% Off when you buy 2 or more Used GameCube, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color or GameBoy games. Use coupon code: NINFSI for online purchases. Contact your local GameStop for in-store availability.

These offers expire January 28. Trade-In offers are only valid in stores. Check out the Weekly Ad for additional specials.

thanks for telling me now that i have both and advertising on forums is illegal

[quote name='emarch']it is illegal to advertise on a open forum and i already have the wii and ds thanks for telling me now[/quote]In what country? :lol:

After looking into it, it's possible I might be able to get more than $50 on eBay for my boxed Pearl Blue GBA SP. I will have to look into it further. Couple that with io's idea of getting a used SP at GR for $40, trading in for $50, and I might have a DS Lite soon. Then it's simply a decision of a black Lite for me, or a pink Lite for my fiancee.

I was lookin around to try to see if this deal is indeed for the lite, but i still highly doubt it, eb/gamestop's is probably just really trying to get rid of their old crappy ds stock... unless, some of you guys were able to confirm it's for the lite as well.

[quote name='emarch']it is illegal to advertise on a open forum and i already have the wii and ds thanks for telling me now[/quote]

Illegal to advertise on an open forum? Have you seen many posts in this forum that AREN'T advertisements?

Guys...most EB's also have a special going on until 1/31 that they give you an EXTRA $20 trade-in credit (store credit only) when you trade in a Cube. So you could add an extra $20 to that. Look for the flyer in the store.

Good deal, but like everyone said you will have to camp to get it. I have to think that it's a DS Lite because the refurb DS Phats are like 80 or 90 dollars.. so that would only be $30-40. I don't even see used DS Lites on gamespot.com , so that sorta would worry me.

Not that it matters though, I don't have an SP (went from GBA to DS Phat)

[quote name='Boeing 747']Good deal, but like everyone said you will have to camp to get it. I have to think that it's a DS Lite because the refurb DS Phats are like 80 or 90 dollars.. so that would only be $30-40. I don't even see used DS Lites on gamespot.com , so that sorta would worry me.

Not that it matters though, I don't have an SP (went from GBA to DS Phat)[/quote]

Does the "Check Store Availability" check for used ones or new ones?

[quote name='Ravenous']Question

What do I need to turn in the gamecube for $50? Just the system or all the hookups and one controller, no controller, two, what?

Also If I trade in more than one system, do I have to go to different stores and get $50 at each than go to one and cash all the GC or whatever at once, or are there stipulations? Thanks to anyone who can help me out.[/quote]

??

[quote name='Ravenous']Question

What do I need to turn in the gamecube for $50? Just the system or all the hookups and one controller, no controller, two, what?

Also If I trade in more than one system, do I have to go to different stores and get $50 at each than go to one and cash all the GC or whatever at once, or are there stipulations? Thanks to anyone who can help me out.[/QUOTE]

I just asked at GS. You need the cube, the power supply and cord, the A/V cables, and one controller.

I don't know about multiple cubes in a trade-in.

I'd love to hop on this deal for a DS Lite... but none are in-stock untill "late January/ Early February" What can I Do???? :(

Dang, after seeing multple eBay auctions end for $100+ for a sealed GameBoy Player, I *almost* want to sell my sealed GameBoy Player I got at KMart for $3.50 new. If only I didn't hate selling on eBay so much.

Hmmm.I hope that trade sp get ds lite instead of phat.I heard that several employees saying that several eb/gamestop are holding or be receiving wii tomorrow.

Here's some store locators
that odd clicking link leads to something else but copy and paste link leads to ds lite.
nvm it temporary redirct me toward something else for split second

refurshed(if your planing used gameinformer coupon +edge to get 20%)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=909048

onyx
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=020275

coral pink
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=020274

white
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=020273

Damn, I wonder how many each store is getting Wii wise because I have some store credit I would rather use to get one then paying mostly cash for it. The only other place that it is worth getting from is CC with the $40 off of a purchase of $199 or more coupon.

[quote name='fairtrade']LOL, change the topic please. I almost creamed myself thinking I might be able to get $50 trade-in for an old-school GBA. :drool:[/quote]

I second this. I was about to rush out the door when I looked at the ad and saw it was only for SP's.

[quote name='salguod']I just asked at GS. You need the cube, the power supply and cord, the A/V cables, and one controller.[/quote]

Does anyone know if you can use a 3rd-party controller, or does it have to be the first-party Nintendo brand controller?

I tried to trade in my GC this morning and they wont give me $50 credit because they ran out of Wii. I was told the deal only works when Wii is in stock..

[quote name='hegemonyhog']...But didn't you get credit at Gamestop? How can you use one store's credit at another store?[/quote]

Ah, I got an extra Wiimote and a few bucks off Zelda with the credit. Stuff I would have gotten anyway.

i wonder if its really worth it to trade in a gamecube for $50 towards a wii, the graphics are pretty much the same and you can still play twlight princess right?

thx op,traded in my old gamecube for wii for about $220 after taxes.It seems like most eb/gamestop hold wii system for several days,so they can sell it today to prepare for weekly ad which was full wii or ds relate products.I suprise how easy it was to obtain it.i just wait less then 1 minute before store open about 1 or 2 people wait outside for a wii

fuck

I called the 20 or so GS/EB around me for the DS lite deal, only one store told me they have a BOX of them! Of course it has to be the most distant one... after 10 miles of traffic and 30 mins of waiting in line for the Wii buyers... the GS dude told me "no, we dont have any DS lite"... FTW? I told him I called earlier and was told they had a box full of them... he told me "oh sorry, the box was mislabled."... I told him I am not very pleased to have been mislead and wasted my time and gas driving 10 miles to get here... he told me "We do have a few GBA SP..." .... I left quickly before I loses it...

[quote name='Asgardian']fuck
after 10 miles of traffic and 30 mins of waiting in line for the Wii buyers... the GS dude told me "no, we dont have any DS lite"... FTW? [/quote]

For the Win.

Wow I got that when I traded my GC in at Rhino Games when the Wii first came out.Is this really a deal I'd hate to know what Gamestop's normal trade in values for GC were.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']soo.... if anyone can tell us if this deal is definetly for a ds lite.. I'd be overjoyed.[/quote]

I'd like to know this too.. but DS Phat or DS Lite both are still ridiculously hard to find in GS/EBs right now.

I really want a DS but no stores around me have any. It makes me angry they advertise a deal like that and no stores have any DS's.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I really want a DS but no stores around me have any. It makes me angry they advertise a deal like that and no stores have any DS's.[/quote]

Agreed same story around here..."we'd honor the deal if we had any DS's" The mgr I spoke with said it IS for "selected" stores and for Lites OR Phats

I tried to trade my SP towards a DS today and found out there was no serial number on my SP, so they wouldn't accept it. I wonder why my SP didn't have a serial number.

^ really? u need a serial number? darn, i have an onyx japanese sp. i got it when sp's were only in purple. i guess i wont be able to trade it in....:cry:

[quote name='bearcatjosh']I wish I could put this on a raincheck.[/quote]

They oughta give you the trade-in credit and put it towards a DS Lite when they come in at the very least

[quote name='hunterrogue']They oughta give you the trade-in credit and put it towards a DS Lite when they come in at the very least[/quote]

I've tried it, the GS person pointed out the fine print "...no rain check."

So then... what's the point of running the promotion? To get people into the store to only get pissed off, and then hope that they will buy other merchandise?

Retailers are teh funny.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I tried to trade my SP towards a DS today and found out there was no serial number on my SP, so they wouldn't accept it. I wonder why my SP didn't have a serial number.[/quote]
my serial number was scratched off and they still took it. however they did take all my information and my fingerprints. I guess the city of lynnwood requires you to take fingerprints. i believe i got the only ds in the seattle area.

[quote name='maxxborist']my serial number was scratched off and they still took it. however they did take all my information and my fingerprints. I guess the city of lynnwood requires you to take fingerprints. i believe i got the only ds in the seattle area.[/quote]

wtf fingerprints. damn those folks mean business! are they really going to hunt you down and arrest you?

What a stupid time to have this deal. There are no GS stores within a 100 mile radius of me that have the DS Lite in stock. I've always hated GS.

Sadly, it seems like one has to do the "Wii thing" to get a DS now. I know this, every time my EB got a shipment of Wii's, there were DS Lites in the case along with them.

Neither of them lasted very long... but if you're looking for one, assume they come in when Wii's do (at EB, anyway).

I'm at work right now and wont be able to start calling around and asking who has DSs till 6 (which by that time I'm sure that whatever they had will have sold out.

This offer is till next Sunday, anyone know when they are supposed to be getting a new shipment? At least the used/refurbished DS is back in stock on the site. I hope they at least have some of those at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back