Wii Play + remote preorder $48.95 (38.95 w GCO) + S/H at cduniverse

in for one, thanks OP

also interesting..I had used my 10 bonus on the DDR Mario fiasco at TRU a few weeks back, but it did work again since that order was cancelled.

Does anybody know how good CD Universe is with preorder? This sounds like a great price but I don't want to have to wait a month to get it.

[quote name='sonicdescent']in for one, thanks OP

also interesting..I had used my 10 bonus on the DDR Mario fiasco at TRU a few weeks back, but it did work again since that order was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Me too (TRU cancellation), but I just made a new account for this one - should have used the old one I suppose.

[quote name='Zeeman']Does anybody know how good CD Universe is with preorder? This sounds like a great price but I don't want to have to wait a month to get it.[/QUOTE]

I haven't ever used them for a very hot item like this, but usually when I preordered a movie or cd, they arrived here day and date (with one day shipping). Since I moved closer to a city I don't have to do that anymore, but so long as they havent' changed much in the last few years, it should be on the up and up.

[quote name='Zeeman']Does anybody know how good CD Universe is with preorder? This sounds like a great price but I don't want to have to wait a month to get it.[/quote]
I usually get my per-order within 5 business days.

Much thanks OP. I've been hesitant on buying another wiimote until this deal came along. GCO's savings makes Wii Play free.

Alrighty, I hopped on board this ship so I hope it doesn't sink. If it works then I'm getting Wiiplay for free. Thanks again OP

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']did they ever ship out everyones classic controllers/nunchucks?[/QUOTE]
They shipped my nunchuk a while ago, but I'm still waiting on the classic controller.

:) Thanks man, in for one. Looks like cduniverse is only in the next town over from where I live. I did not even know it was so close.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']did they ever ship out everyones classic controllers/nunchucks?[/QUOTE]

What cheap ass deal did they have?

Just a heads up, the date on cduniverse is not a ship date, in fact, it isnt a really a significant date at all. They have changed ship dates on me multiple times for preordered items. I still ordered one (a long time ago back when it said Feb 12).

bah classic controller says back ordered since december ... might try ordering a nunchuck and see if it comes through in a decent amount of time

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']bah classic controller says back ordered since december ... might try ordering a nunchuck and see if it comes through in a decent amount of time[/QUOTE]

Good luck. I ordered a nunchuck on January 4th and it still has yet to ship.

Anybody order any points cards from here? It says usually ships in 3-10 days, but it says that for the nunchuks too.

But does the out of stock status mean they're out of stock of pre-orders, or is that just because it IS a pre-order?

Edit: Besides, CD Universe wins by 4 cents. :D

Edit2: Looks like all pre-orders say that.

[quote name='SpazX']Anybody order any points cards from here? It says usually ships in 3-10 days, but it says that for the nunchuks too.[/quote]

i'm assuming like the nunchuck incident someone posted about it'll be a long wait... hopefully the wii play isnt that bad

[quote name='dstan']Is it possible, at least in part, that there aren't an abundance of Wiimotes because they saved them for Wii Play?[/quote]
it might also be effected by ebayers buying a lot of the inventory

I just got an email saying it was discontinued and now on the website they have that it's not available, so, uh, wha?

[quote name='SpazX']I just got an email saying it was discontinued and now on the website they have that it's not available, so, uh, wha?[/quote]

I got the same e-mail as well, but then it says my order is being processed.

Maybe it means that they're not taking anymore preorders or something? I have no idea.

Got the same email about the item being "discontinued". Sounds to me like the order is not going to get completed. They probably took more pre-orders than units allocated to them. If it said "backordered", that would be a different story I think. Either way, looks like it's a good thing I didn't cancel my Amazon pre-order... it's $8 or $9 more, but at least it looks like it will actually show up at this point :) It's a shame that a bunch of people probably wasted a $10 off w/ GCO offer on this... not sure what happens with that if you cancel the order (does it give you another chance to use it?).

Ah man, This sucks!!! Just received this communication from CD Universe. UGH!!!!

Wii Remote With Wii Play $48.95 Item Discontinued

Our supplier has run out of the items flagged as "backorder". We will continue to try to get these items for you and ship them as soon as we receive them. Some backorders come in the very next day, some never come in.
After 4/6/2007 backordered items will be automatically cancelled. You can cancel backorders yourself by clicking the Order Status link on our home page."
Thank you for shopping at CD Universe!

GRRRRR!!!!!! Looks like I'm going to Wal-Mart on the 11th.

My order (from basically the day cduniverse put it up for preorder) was also marked as discontinued.

Is there a place to preorder online (pref. with google checkout) that will guarentee a ship date?

My friend called earlier today to cancel part of his order (he bought a movie that he didn't know I bought as a late Christmas present, so I had to tell him asap) which included Wii Play. The customer service person seemed to indicate that he was still in the que or process or whatever of getting it. So it seemed like to us that they basically discontinued it because they met their quota of how many they're supposed to get.

I also got the email but it says that expected ship date is around the 20th. I also checked my card and it looks like it's getting charged for the game, so I dunno.

It just seems to me that, hopefully, it's just a case of them pulling it off their site so they don't have a lot of unfulfilled preorders.

Still waiting on my nunchuck too (backordered since god knows when).

CDUniverse is not a bad site for music, DVDs and such but they're obviously not going to give you Gamestop/EB service when it comes to games.

If you need to have it day-and-date I'd cancel. If your order says "still processing" and hasn't been cancelled for Wii Play, I'd probably ride it out if you don't care about getting it on the release date. It's possible they're just not taking any more orders since they've been getting low stock from Nintendo (one reason why the nunchuks have been OOS for so long).

anyone know how in the hell you can check a google checkout order on here? I dont mean through google checkout either.

edit: realized that isn't so clear..i mean I ordered through google checkout but I can't figure out how to check that order on CD universe, because GCO's order status is a big vague and outdated.

I ordered the remote and nunchuck some time ago, and after one month, they were canceled. My Wii Play was also canceled. I'm an unhappy camer :(.

[quote name='spookyhurst']I ordered the remote and nunchuck some time ago, and after one month, they were canceled. My Wii Play was also canceled. I'm an unhappy camer :(.[/quote]

So they straight up canceled your order? Or was your order status still "processing"?

I'm actually thinking we got the deal, just they stopped taking pre orders for the item..my last email still said processing, but since there is no apparent way to check the status on cd universe directly when you pay with GCO, i'm not sure that it still does.

[quote name='spookyhurst']I ordered the remote and nunchuck some time ago, and after one month, they were canceled. My Wii Play was also canceled. I'm an unhappy camer :(.[/quote]

You can actually got to your order and extend the time before they cancel them. I ordered a nunchuck and classic controller in November and went into the options and made it so they won't cancel it until April

[quote name='spookyhurst']Straight up canceled them. I've had a heck of a time trying to get these things, and I refuse to pay inflated prices for them.[/quote]

I guess that gives the people who's orders are labelled as "processing" some hope in getting these.

[quote name='doc005']You can actually got to your order and extend the time before they cancel them. I ordered a nunchuck and classic controller in November and went into the options and made it so they won't cancel it until April[/QUOTE]

Dang, I didn't know that. I finally picked up a classic controller with TRU and GCO, but I would have liked to have kept CD Universe from canceling my remote and nunchuck orders.

I got my cancellation for Wii Play 2 or 3 days ago, so the people with "processing" probably do have hope still.

I saw CD Universe had the Wii Remote Charger for pre-order at a good price, but I went with Amazon instead since CD Universe has canceled so many of my orders.

bread's done
Back