Wii Pre-Order Thread - Facts, Rumors and Everything In Between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Some people have been asking about preordering the Wii. Right now there are two confirmed locations about where one can jump on the boat early.

B0009VXBAQ.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41617776_.jpg

1. Gamestop
For Previous Information on Pre-Order Deal for HAWAII ONLY - Refer to this post: this post
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: Unknown
Link: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp?

2. Amazon (Thanks to bmarquardt for the Heads Up)
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: September 15th
Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009VXBAQ/

3. FYE
Conditions: Put down $50
Start of Preorder: Sometime during late spring 2006
Store Locations: http://shop.fye.com/StoreLocator.aspx

4. Lik-Sang.com
Conditions: No Money Down
1. Your pre-order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
2. Once release details are known, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
3. Should you decide to confirm, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
5. Release date is not confirmed and might change.
6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged.
7. All special pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 1 unit.
8. Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.
9. Choices and changes are also allowed if several editions/colors are made available.
10. Once games and accessories are confirmed, you will be able to add them to your order.
Start of Preorder: I forgot ^^;
Link: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=351&products_id=6998&

I will update the post as more pre-orders (hopefully) start up. Good hunting!

^^^^ I think Botticus means you are screwing over someone else waiting in line, hoping to get one for $600. I don't think ANYONE on CAG thinks the people on eBay who pay $1200-$2000 for one are getting screwed in any way - thay make that choice freely :D.

The only loser is the person who might have gotten one had you not been in line with the sole purpose of ebaying it. Now, having said, that, I intend to ebay a PS3 if I can get a hold of one. However, I'm not going to wait in line for it either, so chances are I won't get one to sell anyway. As Botticus says, "just don't pretend you're not screwing someone else over while doing so". Though chances are, you are just as likely to be messing up someone's eBay sale as you are messing up someone's game playing :D.

I think once the situation has been created where waiting in line (overnight) is necessary, all bets are off and people can do whatever the hell they want with the system. If Sony really wanted to help people get them to play, they would make sure this kind of crap didn't happen (as it seems Nintendo is doing). Now, I know that it is all beyond their control (manufacturing issues), but it is still a screw-up on Sony's part.

[quote name='io']^^^^ I think Botticus means you are screwing over someone else waiting in line, hoping to get one for $600. [/quote]

Again, read my point 1 in the previous posting.

If you really want a ps3, then get to the store before everyone else. I mean, if you expect to get a ps3 by getting to the store at 6am, and lets say I get there the day before at 8pm, then its not my fault that the other guy didnt get his ps3. He can get his ps3 if he gets to the store the day before at 8pm just like me... Fair enough?

Defective system wouldn't be an issue. You pay with cash and you ship them the receipt along with it. They can register it and get warranty service through Sony just as if they had bought it themselves.

[quote name='oasisboy']Again, read my point 1 in the previous posting.

If you really want a ps3, then get to the store before everyone else. I mean, if you expect to get a ps3 by getting to the store at 6am, and lets say I get there the day before at 8pm, then its not my fault that the other guy didnt get his ps3. He can get his ps3 if he gets to the store the day before at 8pm just like me... Fair enough?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think we all understand that if you get somewhere before someone else you are going to get something before them :roll:.

Botticus's point was going above and beyond that to the morals/ethics of being a CAG, but I'll let him pick it up with you if he wants. Personally I don't care - I wouldn't care if Best Buy let the first person in line buy every single PS3 to put up on ebay. I don't care simply because I have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in camping out for a stupid game console, even if it means mad profit. I sure as HELL wouldn't do it if I just wanted it to play - I can wait till the Spring when they are sitting in pyramids at every store like the 360 was at that point :D.

Whenever I'm been taking in games to trade in, I've been doing the whole reserve a game to get an extra ten percent, and the manager always tells me he'll call me whenever they know when they'll be taking Wii preorders. Well I got a call earlier tonight that matches what has been said before by some... October 9th, and that's it.

May or may not be accurate, who knows. Odd that he would call me about that, though, if it's not relatively accurate.

[quote name='1993WhiteSox']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103552

Heed CheapyD and go away[/QUOTE]

While that was a nice idea, that thread is dead and hasn't had a post in a month. These types of discussions will always pop up in specific threads no matter what... :rofl:. And what are people supposed to do - post in here and say "see this thread for my post on ebaying PS3's"? Doesn't work.

Sorry if that offends you. Personally I don't care what people do with their PS3's (or their Wii's :D), a point I have already made and thought that was the end of it - but you had to drag me back in with your smart-ass post :D.

BACK on topic - Biglesworth23 - I've been doing much the same thing (the 10% preorder) at one store, trying to get in their good graces and all. I haven't gotten a call :cry:. But I think I will go in there tomorrow to do one more preorder and see what they tell me. I had been waiting till the end of this week so the manager would be back from the GS conference (he always gives me a better deal on the credit than the lower employees anyway - puts the 10% on top instead of just on the base game values!).

[quote name='io'] Sorry if that offends you. Personally I don't care what people do with their PS3's (or their Wii's :D), a point I have already made and thought that was the end of it - but you had to drag me back in with your smart-ass post :D. [/quote]

If you dont care then stop responding to my comments :applause:

As Donald Trump says: "Its nothing personal, its just business"

[quote name='oasisboy']If you dont care then stop responding to my comments [/QUOTE]He was responding to WhiteSox... or are you saying you have multiple logins?

Anyway, your suggestion makes no sense. You (one assumes) take issue with people flipping consoles for profit. io doesn't have a problem with people flipping consoles for profit. He's taking a contrary position. If he were to not post his opinion, it would be the same as agreeing with you, when clearly he doesn't.

Just stop all the arguing.

Lets just leave it at, oasisboy is a fucking eBay hoarder, and would surely murder his own mother to make a buck.

Edit: And he smells funny to!

I'm not so sure if I could handle the line, if I were trying to snag a PS3 for eBaying. The line people might hurt me.

"So, you looking forward to playing?"

Me: "Nah, I'm selling the thing."

... "You shithead."

Of course, obviously, I could say, "Oh yeah, gee, my boyfriend wants it, yo and shit." But I would feel like Satan spawn all night. Sitting there playing my DS into the wee hours...

I think "I'm using it as a blueray player until something worthwile comes out" would be a good answer. It'll be my answer if someone were to ask me because honestly I don't know any of the launch titles.

I dont really get why people are complaining. Why is the person whos buying it off of ebay less deserving than the person who got in line late? How can you be screwing someone when the system is going to another gamer. Its not like the ebayers plan on buying the systems and burning them, those systems will still make some gamer happy, who cares which particular gamer that is? The person your screwing is the person your overcharging with your 300% inflated costs, but even that isnt screwing him because its his own choice to purchase one at that price.

Get over it people, the ebayers arent evil, they're simply oppurtunistic.

eLOT

The real blame goes to the lame console makers who launch with far to few consoles to meet demand.

If MS and Sony could launch with enough units like Nintendo always does it wouldn't be an issue.

I was on a conference call today (Gamestop/EB) and someone brought up Wii and PS3 pre-orders. The answer we got was, as of right now the plan is to take pre-orders on both consoles at the end of this month, but that could all very easily change, especially in the case of the PS3.

[quote name='elot']Get over it people, the ebayers arent evil, they're simply oppurtunistic.[/quote]

Evil, no. Annoying? Very! It's annoying when hoarding ebayers buy everything to ebay. I personally plan to clone myself 1 billion times so I can camp at all the stores and buy up all the PS3s and Wiis.

If you know somebody who works at Nintendo ask them if they could get a wii for you, maybe offer some sexual favors. My friend and his friend are getting a Wii early and at a discounted price because their dads work at Nintendo, lucky bastards.

[quote name='super_nerd']Evil, no. Annoying? Very! It's annoying when hoarding ebayers buy everything to ebay. I personally plan to clone myself 1 bi[/quote]

You gotta close yourself more than that to hoard all the wiis :)

[quote name='dmaul1114']The real blame goes to the lame console makers who launch with far to few consoles to meet demand.

If MS and Sony could launch with enough units like Nintendo always does it wouldn't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

I'm sure Sony has thought of this, but it would seem almost better for them to just delay the damn thing until the Spring and come out with WAY more to sell the first few weeks. Yeah, it would look HORRIBLE to up and cancel the planned release, but they could weather it and perhaps come out better in the long run. Of course, that will only work if they can ramp up the production to get alot of units out by March or so. If they don't think they can do that, they might as well continue as planned :D.

[quote name='io']BINGO!

I'm sure Sony has thought of this, but it would seem almost better for them to just delay the damn thing until the Spring and come out with WAY more to sell the first few weeks. Yeah, it would look HORRIBLE to up and cancel the planned release, but they could weather it and perhaps come out better in the long run. Of course, that will only work if they can ramp up the production to get alot of units out by March or so. If they don't think they can do that, they might as well continue as planned :D.[/quote]
Yes to us it would be smart to delay until Spring... At TGS they could have pushed all of the launches back for next year. People would have complained but it wouldn't be so hectic for them compaired to what is coming this holiday season.

BUT you have to remember that they have invested a LOT of money in the system from this year. If they pushed it back until spring, it would look horrible to investors to see the big "hole" when this fiscal year ends (think it ends in March '07) where they spent cash developing the system instead of waiting. So they plan to "fill the hole in" with sells of the system/developer fees now.

[quote name='io']BINGO!

I'm sure Sony has thought of this, but it would seem almost better for them to just delay the damn thing until the Spring and come out with WAY more to sell the first few weeks.[/quote]

I don't know, just a thought here, but wouldn't that give Nintendo more of a head start to establish a fanbase and thereby hurt Sony? Like more people would have Wiis and Wii games so a PS3 @500-600 dollars would look more unattrative, especially combined with all the cool 360 games coming out. On the other hand I guess it wouldn't matter because Sony is just more popular then Nintendo and Microsoft. If I had the money I'd buy all 3 consoles, I'm just too poor right now.

And chodax, would 10 billion clones be enough?!

[quote name='super_nerd']I don't know, just a thought here, but wouldn't that give Nintendo more of a head start to establish a fanbase and thereby hurt Sony? Like more people would have Wiis and Wii games so a PS3 @500-600 dollars would look more unattrative, especially combined with all the cool 360 games coming out. On the other hand I guess it wouldn't matter because Sony is just more popular then Nintendo and Microsoft. If I had the money I'd buy all 3 consoles, I'm just too poor right now.

And chodax, would 10 billion clones be enough?![/QUOTE]

Sure, but 400,000 consoles sold by Christmas (maybe they will get more out by then, but who knows) won't build them any lead either and will cause alot of frustration and anxiety and bad press. If they held off a bit and flooded as it appears Nintendo is doing they might regain 1st place. Also, they might be able to avoid the inevitable launch system glitches which will also save them money and PR.

It's just a thought - I'm sure they've gone through this scenario and decided the risk wasn't worth it. But they are going to get swamped by Nintendo either way, in the short run anyway.

[quote name='io']Sure, but 400,000 consoles sold by Christmas (maybe they will get more out by then, but who knows) won't build them any lead either and will cause alot of frustration and anxiety and bad press.[/quote]

True that. Whatever the outcome is for the PS3 I'll still be picking up a Wii!:bouncy:

[quote name='pop311']People People, Have you forgotten how to read. The Thread Title is WII Pre-Order Thread. Not general PS3 discussion[/quote]

i agree...no one cares about the PS3...we're more concerned bout the Wii and when the hell it's going to go on pre-order...so lets keep it on subject :cool:

[quote name='animemaniac14']i agree...no one cares about the PS3...we're more concerned bout the Wii and when the hell it's going to go on pre-order...so lets keep it on subject :cool:[/quote]

Thank you. I crawled out of bed at 6:30 this morning as I do every morning just to see if there is anything concrete about pre orders for Wii, I see the thread at the top of the recent post list and get my coat on for no real reason lol

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']Thank you. I crawled out of bed at 6:30 this morning as I do every morning just to see if there is anything concrete about pre orders for Wii, I see the thread at the top of the recent post list and get my coat on for no real reason lol[/quote]

You have to put your coat on to read CAG?

[quote name='nuttyturnip']You have to put your coat on to read CAG?[/quote]

I put it on because I figured pre orders must be imminent and just in case I had to dash out to the nearest EB/GS

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']I put it on because I figured pre orders must be imminent and just in case I had to dash out to the nearest EB/GS[/quote]

I'm hoping nutty was kidding.

And as far as the topic goes, it can't help but mention the PS3. After all, the two consoles launch within two days of each other. It's like a thread all about the DS. At some point, someone will say, "But the PSP this, damnit!"

I'm going to hope my local GameStop loves me enough to let me get a PS3 on launch day. Yes, I'm going to sell it. I would like to get more than one if I can. I need money for next semester. I suddenly remembered my limit on my credit card. If I could fill it with PS3s, then sell them all for mega profit, I would rejoice. But odds are, I won't even be able to get one. Is the U.S. allotment at launch really only 400,000?

I don't see what the big fuss is about preordering Wiis. Yes I do want one and I'll more than likely get one on launch but with the abundant supply is there really going to be anyone who wants a Wii that can't find one?

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm hoping nutty was kidding.

And as far as the topic goes, it can't help but mention the PS3. After all, the two consoles launch within two days of each other. It's like a thread all about the DS. At some point, someone will say, "But the PSP this, damnit!"

I'm going to hope my local GameStop loves me enough to let me get a PS3 on launch day. Yes, I'm going to sell it. I would like to get more than one if I can. I need money for next semester. I suddenly remembered my limit on my credit card. If I could fill it with PS3s, then sell them all for mega profit, I would rejoice. But odds are, I won't even be able to get one. Is the U.S. allotment at launch really only 400,000?
[/quote]

After all the in-fighting look at where we end up....

[quote name='utopianmachine']...Is the U.S. allotment at launch really only 400,000?[/quote]

That's the North American allotment (US/Canada/(maybe Mexico?). I also heard that it was being cut down to 300,000 but I don't believe it's true... yet.

[quote name='elot']

Get over it people, the ebayers arent evil, they're simply oppurtunistic.[/quote]

You are my new best friend. Finally someone understands :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='guinaevere']
1.He was responding to WhiteSox... or are you saying you have multiple logins?

2. Anyway, your suggestion makes no sense. You (one assumes) take issue with people flipping consoles for profit. io doesn't have a problem with people flipping consoles for profit. He's taking a contrary position. If he were to not post his opinion, it would be the same as agreeing with you, when clearly he doesn't.[/quote]

1. He was responding to Whitesox because Whitesox made a comment about my comment, comprende?

2. I just find it funny that io says that he doesnt care about what people do with their wii and ps3, yet he calls Whitesox a smartass because he told him to put his comments in a different section? When you dont care about something, you dont bother replying to comments about something that you dont care. If you reply, then that means that you care!!!

[quote name='yukine']Just stop all the arguing.

Lets just leave it at, oasisboy is a fucking eBay hoarder, and would surely murder his own mother to make a buck.

Edit: And he smells funny to![/quote]

You must be 13, right? :roll:

[quote name='super_nerd']I don't know, just a thought here, but wouldn't that give Nintendo more of a head start to establish a fanbase and thereby hurt Sony? [/QUOTE]That's a factor, but also Sony wants to get some manner of profit to their VG branch for the 4th quarter of 2007. Otherwise, they could be showing losses (or at least, much less profit than anticipated) and that wouldn't hold well with their stockholders.

[quote name='super_nerd']True that. Whatever the outcome is for the PS3 I'll still be picking up a Wii!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
What was amusing to hear was that at EBGS vendor show last week, the lines were for the Wii. Anyone could have walked up to a PS3 to try the demos, but the maximum wait was about 2 minutes. While the Wii lines had folks waiting at least 20.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. He was responding to Whitesox because Whitesox made a comment about my comment, comprende?[/quote]Riiiiiiiiiight.

When you dont care about something, you dont bother replying to comments about something that you dont care. If you reply, then that means that you care!!!
arghhh!!! When you read the posts here, it seems you only see the words, but you don't actually allow their meaning to sink in. He said he didn't care about the actions of people in that particular scenario. He didn't say he was apathetic!!

I'll repeat myself:
You do take issue with people flipping consoles for profit. He doesn't have a problem with people flipping consoles for profit. He's taking a contrary position. If he were to not post his opinion, it would be the same as agreeing with you, when clearly he doesn't.

But you know what, in reading your posts where you justify your actions and choices, it's clear that you simply only hear what you want to. So never mind. I don't have patience with deliberate ignorance.

[quote name='guinaevere']

But you know what, in reading your posts where you justify your actions and choices, it's clear that you simply only hear what you want to. So never mind. I don't have patience with deliberate ignorance.[/quote]

I personally dont appreciate it when people in this board start attacking people when they dont agree with them. Have I called you ignorant? No, have you called me ignorant, yes. I like to discuss things but I never insult people in this board.

This is the last thing I will say about this. If you dont agree with me, then fine, but dont attack me because you dont agree with me. The last thing I want in this forum is to hear about CAG morals, and what is right and what is wrong. I come here to find cheap prices for games and to interact with other gamers. So please, please if you dont agree with me, dont tell me what to do or how to act. Is that too much to ask?

wow....this has turned from an informative thread to an argumentative thread...why don't y'all create another thread for your arguments and criticisms...please...y'all are spammin the damn thread

[quote name='onacouch']I don't see what the big fuss is about preordering Wiis. Yes I do want one and I'll more than likely get one on launch but with the abundant supply is there really going to be anyone who wants a Wii that can't find one?[/QUOTE]

For a lot of us it is just the fact that we have a lot of store credit we want to use to buy the Wii.

And/or it's nice to not have to worry about waiting in line etc. It should be plentiful on launch day, but even with that I'd still feel compelled to at least show up an hour before launch, where if I preroder I can sleep in on that Sunday. :D

I think we're done here. There isn't any real facts at this point, and when there are, someone can go make a new thread. All the infighting make that decision quite clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back