Wii Pre-Order Thread - Facts, Rumors and Everything In Between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Some people have been asking about preordering the Wii. Right now there are two confirmed locations about where one can jump on the boat early.

B0009VXBAQ.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41617776_.jpg

1. Gamestop
For Previous Information on Pre-Order Deal for HAWAII ONLY - Refer to this post: this post
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: Unknown
Link: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp?

2. Amazon (Thanks to bmarquardt for the Heads Up)
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: September 15th
Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009VXBAQ/

3. FYE
Conditions: Put down $50
Start of Preorder: Sometime during late spring 2006
Store Locations: http://shop.fye.com/StoreLocator.aspx

4. Lik-Sang.com
Conditions: No Money Down
1. Your pre-order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
2. Once release details are known, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
3. Should you decide to confirm, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
5. Release date is not confirmed and might change.
6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged.
7. All special pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 1 unit.
8. Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.
9. Choices and changes are also allowed if several editions/colors are made available.
10. Once games and accessories are confirmed, you will be able to add them to your order.
Start of Preorder: I forgot ^^;
Link: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=351&products_id=6998&

I will update the post as more pre-orders (hopefully) start up. Good hunting!

"theres a reason most gaming reviews gave it a perfect score."

Some of it has to do with hype that branches out from the nostalgia of the original. I thought OOT was disappointing, ugly and slow. The story is fine.

It seems all 2d zelda games feel faster paced than 3d. I would love to see a zelda game built with more focus put into more Devil May Cry non-stop action. With the exploration remaining, of course, that's the main part of the series.

[quote name='Birakon']i completely agree.......and i seriously have a hard time understanding why ANYONE can not like the zelda series, best series ever[/QUOTE]

I never understood the hype surrounding Zelda. I found it boring. Sorry Bira ;)

I just went to one of the Gamestops here in KC and preordered Zelda. The clerk said that he wasn't sure if they were going to do the preorder call. He said that they had done something like that in the past, and that they would be receiving the specifications of what they were going to be doing with the preorders later in the week.

So, we'll see what happens. I'll still be calling every day starting on Friday to find out what is going on. ;)

I'm just getting paranoid at the sudden silence and slow down of this thread. It feels like everyones out pre-ordering and not reporting back or something =P

[quote name='Jatsu']I'm just getting paranoid at the sudden silence and slow down of this thread. It feels like everyones out pre-ordering and not reporting back or something =P[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm already playing mine.

Did I mention it makes free pudding?

[quote name='Tybee']Actually, I'm already playing mine.

Did I mention it makes free pudding?[/quote]Chocolate or Vanilla? Don't lie to me here.

[quote name='Tybee']Actually, I'm already playing mine.

Did I mention it makes free pudding?[/QUOTE]

What's funny is that just a few days ago I witnessed some EB smartasses convince two 10-11 year old kids that the PS3 makes toast. They really had them going for a while. They also told them it cost $2000. Then they said, "just kidding" and one of the kids said, "but does it really make toast?" #-o

[quote name='pop311']Chocolate or Vanilla? Don't lie to me here.[/QUOTE]

Any flavor you want, silly.

Also, it blows you while you play.

[quote name='io']What's funny is that just a few days ago I witnessed some EB smartasses convince two 10-11 year old kids that the PS3 makes toast. They really had them going for a while. They also told them it cost $2000. Then they said, "just kidding" and one of the kids said, "but does it really make toast?" #-o[/quote]It doesn't?:cry:

[quote name='pop311']It doesn't?:cry:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I'm sure you can get a USB toaster that is compatible!

[quote name='io']Sorry, but I'm sure you can get a USB toaster that is compatible![/QUOTE]

Yes, but can I use it to store the cheese I download through WiiConnect 24?

[quote name='Tybee']Yes, but can I use it to store the cheese I download through WiiConnect 24?[/QUOTE]

Only if you buy the HD-cheese cables available for $60 only from Nintendo's web site :D.

[quote name='Jatsu']I'm just getting paranoid at the sudden silence and slow down of this thread. It feels like everyones out pre-ordering and not reporting back or something =P[/QUOTE]

It's the proverbial Calm Before the Storm, my friend.

I'm not too worried about preordering here anymore until mid Octoberish. although I will start calling at the end of the first week. Remember folks launch date isn't until another month and a half.

[quote name='bluto20']Remember folks launch date isn't until other month and a half.[/quote]

Ugh. Don't remind me.

It's so far away.... T_T

Any Chicago CAGers out there looking to organize something for launch? With one million units available at launch, I'm thinking it'll be pretty easy to pick up a unit on Sunday.

Plus, is the plurall for Wii just "Wii" or "Wiis?"

[quote name='ericbee99']Any Chicago CAGers out there looking to organize something for launch? With one million units available at launch, I'm thinking it'll be pretty easy to pick up a unit on Sunday.

Plus, is the plurall for Wii just "Wii" or "Wiis?"[/quote]

Wii is already plural according to nintendo, the singular form is Wius.

[quote name='Americanpierg'] the singular form is Wius.[/quote]

:speaktothehand: I vote for requring that the new Nintendo console always travel in at least pairs. We must never, ever be given reason to use the singular form! :shock:

Whoever asked a page ago...

The EB/GS conference starts Wednesday and goes through the weekend. Obviously, this isn't a conference call ;P It's the big vendor show down in Texas

[quote name='neudog']Do you all think that if purchased via GS we will have to get their bundle or will we be able to get just the system? I ask because I saw this on their website:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp

I check in with my buddy at least once a week, but he had no new info on Wii launch.[/QUOTE]

Updated OP with info. Thanks Neudog!

I was running home and on the way I passed by Eb Games. I managed to catch a glimpse of a poster hanging on the door about the Wii. Didn't get a chance to read it, as I thought some info would be here. I'll go out later and check to see what it says. Hopes it sheds some light on the preorders.

[quote name='SoulReaver']I was running home and on the way I passed by Eb Games. I managed to catch a glimpse of a poster hanging on the door about the Wii. Didn't get a chance to read it, as I thought some info would be here. I'll go out later and check to see what it says. Hopes it sheds some light on the preorders.[/QUOTE]

I'm just not sure that I trust my Amazon pre-order, so any other info is great... I am still tempted to just camp out the night before somewhere (anywhere but Walmart).

[quote name='Diiz']I'm just not sure that I trust my Amazon pre-order, so any other info is great... I am still tempted to just camp out the night before somewhere (anywhere but Walmart).[/quote] Ack, turned out to be what I thought it would be. Just a poster advertising the Wii. No preorder info on it.

[quote name='Diiz']I'm just not sure that I trust my Amazon pre-order, so any other info is great... I am still tempted to just camp out the night before somewhere (anywhere but Walmart).[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to just try camping out in front of a store until the Wii goes on sale, too... unfortunately I also have to work Saturday nights so I wouldn't be able to get to any store until around 11:30 pm. As such, I wouldn't really be able to guarantee myself a good position in line. I really can't justify asking off of work so that I can wait in line to buy a Wii as soon as it goes on sale. I suppose that if stock is plentiful enough I could just head to a 24 hour Wal-Mart after work to see if I could still snag one. As it is, I figure I'll keep checking in on the preorder situation at EB/GS.

[quote name='Diiz']I'm just not sure that I trust my Amazon pre-order, so any other info is great... I am still tempted to just camp out the night before somewhere (anywhere but Walmart).[/quote]why?

Post #700 in this thread

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']I'm tempted to just try camping out in front of a store until the Wii goes on sale, too....[/QUOTE]

With a million consoles, odds are good that lining up that late will still get you a console. I'm forgoing pre-orders for the fun of a line...the last time I lined up was for a GameCube and had a blast....as long as its not 12 degrees or raining...or both.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Ack, turned out to be what I thought it would be. Just a poster advertising the Wii. No preorder info on it.[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy, I posted less than an hour after you and it's not like you had anything golden to share :roll:

And I don't trust my Amazon pre-order because they don't even have their allocation numbers yet, and who knows what spot I am in line.

[quote name='Diiz']Hey buddy, I posted less than an hour after you and it's not like you had anything golden to share :roll:

And I don't trust my Amazon pre-order because they don't even have their allocation numbers yet, and who knows what spot I am in line.[/QUOTE]

Plus, Amazon doesnt exactly have a golden pre-order record. Iv never gotten anything Iv preordered with them untill at least a week or 2 after release.

[quote name='Diiz']Hey buddy, I posted less than an hour after you and it's not like you had anything golden to share :roll:

And I don't trust my Amazon pre-order because they don't even have their allocation numbers yet, and who knows what spot I am in line.[/quote]

He was stating that he went back and the sign in the window turned out to be a poster advertising the Wii, without pre-order information. "Poster", as in "sign", he wasn't putting you down.

[quote name='guessed']He was stating that he went back and the sign in the window turned out to be a poster advertising the Wii, without pre-order information. "Poster", as in "sign", he wasn't putting you down.[/QUOTE]

LOL, wow... I'm an asshole. =( My apologies!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='darkrage']Plus, Amazon doesnt exactly have a golden pre-order record. Iv never gotten anything Iv preordered with them untill at least a week or 2 after release.[/QUOTE]

Good to know in advance, I've never pre-ordered from Amazon before. Since I will undoubtedly be working until 11PM on Saturday Nov. 18th, I'll probably just stay out and pick one up (Or hopefully we will get in a good bundle at Costco and they will let me stay until midnight to buy one or just sell it to me an hour early).

[quote name='Roufuss']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Trading in $50 worth of used games? With EB / GS's prices that's like 10 games right there, and they can just turn around and sell all of those games for pure profit, so it's a win / win.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is HILARIOUS.[/quote]

You do realize with the high margin in new games the only real profit made from GS/EB is from the used product right? Take a business or economics class and then bitch. Beside, where else are you gonna trade your games?

Also, if you trade in something like NFS Underground, GS/EB has like 1,000,00 company wide so why should they pay top dollar for a game no one wants. Ever heard of supply and demand? Want better trade in values? Trade in better games.

Guys I just called my EB games, he said he was taking preorders on october 9th, but it was one day ONLY. It is in Hazleton PA. He also said if you preorder a game on thay day, you might get 40% extra on a GCN trade in, he said might.

[quote name='TheGame']Beside, where else are you gonna trade your games?
[/QUOTE]

Trade forums on internet sites (straight up trades).
Sell them on Ebay.

[quote name='TheGame']You do realize with the high margin in new games the only real profit made from GS/EB is from the used product right? Take a business or economics class and then bitch. Beside, where else are you gonna trade your games?

Also, if you trade in something like NFS Underground, GS/EB has like 1,000,00 company wide so why should they pay top dollar for a game no one wants. Ever heard of supply and demand? Want better trade in values? Trade in better games.[/QUOTE]

damn are you the CEO or something?

we all know the deal. and we still like to laugh at how bad it usually is but thanks for the lesson, very enlightening stuff bud.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Guys I just called my EB games, he said he was taking preorders on october 9th, but it was one day ONLY. [/QUOTE]

Hmm... that does sound like a fairly reasonable date. I don't know about that one day only thing though. I wouldn't think that the demand is so ridiculously high that they would have to limit preorders to a single day. All the same, I guess I'll keep checking in with my local EB.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Hmm... that does sound like a fairly reasonable date. I don't know about that one day only thing though. I wouldn't think that the demand is so ridiculously high that they would have to limit preorders to a single day. All the same, I guess I'll keep checking in with my local EB.[/quote]

That sounds in line with what I've read/heard. Even the 40%+ for trade-ins towards the system (30% + edge card's 10%). Hopefully we'll see it posted somewhere for sure.

Also in Hawaii, they only took pre-orders for one day before stopping.

[quote name='NamPaehc']That sounds in line with what I've read/heard. Even the 40%+ for trade-ins towards the system (30% + edge card's 10%). Hopefully we'll see it posted somewhere for sure.

Also in Hawaii, they only took pre-orders for one day before stopping.[/QUOTE]

True, the preorder promo in Hawaii was only one day, but that also required you to have $50 worth of trade-ins. I would imagine that once EB/GS in the continental US starts accepting preorders for acutal money that they'll let Hawaiians do the same. Either way, I'll probably make every effort to get my Wii preorder as soon as they start taking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back