Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEARS.

I'm not sure what the price of it is used at GS across the ocean, but if you can get it for less then $10 or whatever $10 is for you people, :lol:, it's very much worth it. I got it for $5.55 only 55 cents more then downloading Mega Man 1 :cool:

[quote name='lilboo']TEARS.

I'm not sure what the price of it is used at GS across the ocean, but if you can get it for less then $10 or whatever $10 is for you people, :lol:, it's very much worth it. I got it for $5.55 only 55 cents more then downloading Mega Man 1 :cool:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but do you have the pleasure of Mega Man 1 taking up valuable space on your memory, causing you to delete it when you want new games, which in turn causes you to bitch about the storage problem on Wii?
Well, do you?

I got it on VC and haven't regretted it yet. Deleting it if I need room just means that it will take the 5 seconds to download that it did the first time.

On a related note, I just made it past the flying platforms on Ice Man's level. fuck yeah!

[quote name='lilboo']TEARS.

I'm not sure what the price of it is used at GS across the ocean, but if you can get it for less then $10 or whatever $10 is for you people, :lol:, it's very much worth it. I got it for $5.55 only 55 cents more then downloading Mega Man 1 :cool:[/QUOTE]

I know there has been some joking, but is there an easy way to address the controller issue with the GCN version of MMAC?

Also, I would like to announce that I made what is probably my last Wii Ware purchase for some time. I ran out of memory after downloading SBCG4AP. Yes I could delete something or save to SD Card, but I'm not likely to do so anytime soon. I've realized I havent beat anything I downloaded yet so my impulse eyes have hit a reasonable barrier.

Well I really haven't played around with it much. From what I know, no, you can't. Unless you use the controller that Zforce the greedy showed off :lol:

But I think you're stuck with using A as shoot and B as jump :wall: It's not too bad though.

You know what would be amazing? We all know Mega Man 9 will sell BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS of copies.

Because of this, it would be such a great idea for all developers who have made classic games to make NEW games using their old engines/graphics.

I mean, doesn't a true sequel to Super Mario World filled with SNES graphics appeal to anyone? :bouncy:
What about Final Fantasy 14 :)lol:) exclusive as a downloadable game...using 16bit graphics?
I mean, really now. They are sitting on SO much money right now. The potential...!!!

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a Super Mario World 3 or something on the DS by now. I'd buy it day one.

I'd like it to be on a console, but 2D games on consoles are a bit of a rarity.

Well with Yoshi's Island 2 and New Super Mario Bros, it IS possible I hope. I would rather play a 2D Super Mario Bros on my Wii though. Using my friend the classic controller :)

Hell, this makes it possible for some GOOD 2D Sonic. They need to stop making him 3D, bring him back 2D and that's it.
I'd love for a new Bonk game :cool:

[quote name='lilboo']Well I really haven't played around with it much. From what I know, no, you can't. Unless you use the controller that Zforce the greedy showed off :lol:

But I think you're stuck with using A as shoot and B as jump :wall: It's not too bad though.[/QUOTE]

This is a a sexy, sexy controller. It feels just like a SNES...oh I'm sorry, I'm being a controller tease again aren't I?

[quote name='lilboo']You know what would be amazing? We all know Mega Man 9 will sell BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS of copies.

Because of this, it would be such a great idea for all developers who have made classic games to make NEW games using their old engines/graphics.

I mean, doesn't a true sequel to Super Mario World filled with SNES graphics appeal to anyone? :bouncy:
What about Final Fantasy 14 :)lol:) exclusive as a downloadable game...using 16bit graphics?
I mean, really now. They are sitting on SO much money right now. The potential...!!![/quote]

I was just thinking this the other night. Everything you said there would be great.

I NEED a new mario world in my life. NEED IT*

*whoa, I've been going overboard with the caps lock today.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']I was just thinking this the other night. Everything you said there would be great.

I NEED a new mario world in my life. NEED IT*

*whoa, I've been going overboard with the caps lock today.[/quote]

isn't super mario DS version pretty much a new mario world?

[quote name='traininvain']isn't super mario DS version pretty much a new mario world?[/QUOTE]

New Super Mario Bros IS basically what the name is; it's a new version of Super Mario Bros meaning the FIRST Super Mario Bros.

That was great and all..but.. I want something Super Mario 3/Super Mario World'ish.

[quote name='traininvain']isn't super mario DS version pretty much a new mario world?[/QUOTE]

There's no such thing as Super Mario DS.

There's Mario 64 DS, which no, is not a new SMW.

And there's New Super Mario Bros (I imagine you meant this game), which also cannot equal the greatness of SMW.

So no, there's no new SMW.

NSMB is good and all, but the level design in SMW is on an entirely different plane of existence.

Lilboo, once again, is 100% correct.

NSMB was a great game, but it wasnt SMW3. It borrowed from it, but in the end, it was just modeled on the first one.

God, I need to add SMW to my 'awesome games I need to finish for the bajillionith time' list, along with pokemon red, ocarina of time and pilotwings.

[quote name='lilboo']New Super Mario Bros IS basically what the name is; it's a new version of Super Mario Bros meaning the FIRST Super Mario Bros.

That was great and all..but.. I want something Super Mario 3/Super Mario World'ish.[/quote]

I actually hope they go through the entire series starting next with New Super Mario Bros. 2. The US version. Yes, I said it.

Mouser FTW.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I actually hope they go through the entire series starting next with New Super Mario Bros. 2. The US version. Yes, I said it.

Mouser FTW.[/QUOTE]

YES AGREED! I love Super Mario Bros 2!

[quote name='Strell']There's no such thing as Super Mario DS.

There's Mario 64 DS, which no, is not a new SMW.

And there's New Super Mario Bros (I imagine you meant this game), which also cannot equal the greatness of SMW.

So no, there's no new SMW.

NSMB is good and all, but the level design in SMW is on an entirely different plane of existence.[/QUOTE]

To further Strell's point Nintendo presented NSMB to the media as if it was a sequel to the original NES game and not SMW. Hence the smaller number of power-ups and no Yoshi.

[quote name='lilboo']
I mean, doesn't a true sequel to Super Mario World filled with SNES graphics appeal to anyone? :bouncy:[/quote]
With the haxing tool Lunar Magic people have been making their own SMW games for a while now. Some are quite good, but most of them rely too much on save states.

And New Super Mario Bros. sucks.

Good point with New Super Mario Bros, since that is basically a "re-imagining" of Super Mario Bros. for the NES, it's only fitting that they do something similar for Super Mario World.

[quote name='lilboo']I'm in the same situation as you Arthur!! I haven't played these games since..the 80s and 90s!!

Between 1-8, what's generally considered the best one?
Between 1-8, what's considered the EASIEST?

I think I'll play that one first to get me back into the swing of things.
Anyone here getting Mega Man 9 on both WiiWare and XBLA? I want achievements, even though they will be hard.. :lol: But I want to play with the controller sideways :cool:[/quote]

As a self proclaimed megaman fanatic , I would say that the three best megamans would be 6 , 2 and 8 , in that order. I know not mentioning 2 first seems blasphemas , but I never really got into 2 as much as some of the other ones. I will say two has better bosses then 6 , but I liked 6s design better (except for the story). As for 8 , I just have a real soft spot for it , probably cause it was one of my first PS1 games. One the otherside I would say the 3 worst would be 7 , 1 and 4. 7 just felt really clumsy , even though it looked nice. Also had a fantastic ending theme. 1 is too simple , compounded with having a really hard wily's castle. 4 just kinda sucked all the way around , and was way too hard (competing only with 5 for hardest).

As for easiest , definatly 8. Only hard parts in 8 are the "surfing" levels and the last boss. Which is a slightly easier version of the last boss from 7. Second easiest would be 6. All the rest can be pretty brutal.

[quote name='lilboo']You know what would be amazing? We all know Mega Man 9 will sell BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS of copies.

I mean, really now. They are sitting on SO much money right now. The potential...!!![/quote]

I could think of a few games I would love to see retro styled sequels to. As for square , that's what they should've done for the upcoming FF4 sequel , instead of doing it as a damn cell-phone game.:bomb:

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Heh. I jumped back into it tonight and beat everyone but Ice Man and Guts Man. I too am stuck at the flying platforms. I'll give Ice Man another shot tomorrow.[/quote]
Playing it again, I no longer regret the hours upon hours I spent years ago dying again and again while trying to get the Guts Man blue dropping platform part down to sheer muscle memory. Even all these years later, I can still smoke that stupid part of the level in my sleep.

Ice Man's level continues to own me, however.

What now Strell? SMRPG has come to a non-Japanese VC.

And for those of you looking for sequel to X game, there's probably some hack for it that's not that bad.

Comparing Endless Ocean to Monkey Island is like comparing chocolate milk to milk with soy sauce poured in it.

Just because they are the same color....

Well, I only have 1 homo left in Mega Man and that's Ice Man :bomb: That really is ridiculous. I'll play that shit tomorrow and take his name. I'd like to try and beat 1-8 on order before 9 comes out, but I'll never be that dedicated :lol: :cry:

This week Europe got Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels - NES/600 Points (yes, this is our second time getting this), and we also got...

SUPER MARIO RPG: LEGEND OF THE SEVEN STARS

YEAH, in your motherfucking face America!

[quote name='yukine']Yeah... well, they still have to pay a ridiculous amount for their consoles/games AND have to wait longer.

SO IN YOUR FACE![/QUOTE]

YEAH!

And they always add "eh!" at the end of all their sentences!

DOUBLE IN YER FACE!

/high fives other Americans

[quote name='Strell']YEAH!

And they always add "eh!" at the end of all their sentences!

DOUBLE IN YER FACE!

/high fives other Americans[/QUOTE]

maybe i'm wrong, but don't canadians add "eh" to the end of their sentences?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Son of a bitch fucking Europe got SMRPG before us.

SMRPG BETTER come monday or I am going to break my fucking Wii. I sware :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

fuckityfuckfuckingfuckmonkeyfuckers. Europe? Seriously?

First Cho Aniki, and now this?

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

:bomb:

I swear, I'll get Super Mario RPG on Day One. I'll even drop an extra twenty bucks to finally get a Classic Controller. And I know I'm not the only one who'd be doing this. So why, exactly, does Nintendo of America not want our money again?

[quote name='ddp72984']maybe i'm wrong, but don't canadians add "eh" to the end of their sentences?[/QUOTE]

Whoosh.

[quote name='Strell']Comparing Endless Ocean to Monkey Island is like comparing chocolate milk to milk with soy sauce poured in it.

Just because they are the same color....[/quote]
No, comparing Endless Ocean to Monkey Island is like comparing chocolate milk to lemonade. Just because it's different doesn't mean it sucks.

lilboo, I told you before but I guess you didn't see it. Pong Toss is 121 blocks.

Midnight pool is much better than most of the WiiWare. It's staying on my Wii for a little bit. Unlockables and some polish too.

[quote name='Doomed']Just because it's different doesn't mean it sucks.[/QUOTE]

Calm down.

I'm not saying it's bad at all. I'll try it out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back