Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Strell']Calm down.

I'm not saying it's bad at all. I'll try it out soon.[/quote]
I didn't mean it like that. We both were joking and you're allowed to not like a game that I like.

Played Midnight Pool for a half hour- something not many WiiWare games can do. I liked it. When I collect my thoughts I'll have a new post on my [shameless plug]blag[/shameless plug] with a paragraph or two on Midnight Pool.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah... well, they still have to pay a ridiculous amount for their consoles/games AND have to wait longer.

SO IN YOUR FACE![/quote]
Our jobs pay more. My wife, who moved from Kentucky to Ireland, earns twice as much per week as she did in America, doing the SAME job.

Once again, in your faces Americanos!

[quote name='lilboo']I think so.

Monday:
Ys Book I & II
Super Mario RPG :bomb:
Another random WiiWare title that we never heard of.[/QUOTE]

You that intent on breaking your two-week-long streak? :nottalking:

[quote name='Yaxley']Playing it again, I no longer regret the hours upon hours I spent years ago dying again and again while trying to get the Guts Man blue dropping platform part down to sheer muscle memory. Even all these years later, I can still smoke that stupid part of the level in my sleep.

Ice Man's level continues to own me, however.[/quote]

I passed Ice Man yesterday after some sheer luck and semi-skill at jumping bullets while riding those goofy platforms.

I was thinking, if you killed Guts Man, you could go to Elec Man's stage, collect the platform gun, and just create platforms across the Ice Man shooting platforms portion.

As it stands, I went though Wily's first stage and ended up stumped because I had completely forgotten about the platform gun power up.

I'm stuck at Yellow Devil right now. His bastard status hasn't declined in 20 years.

[quote name='Strell']You that intent on breaking your two-week-long streak? :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

LET ME DREAM!!!!! :cry:

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Downloaded and palying SMRPG :whee:[/QUOTE]

How's that plague comin'? :bomb:

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I'm stuck at Yellow Devil right now. His bastard status hasn't declined in 20 years.[/QUOTE]

LMAO.

That's some real staying power.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Downloaded and palying SMRPG :whee:[/quote]

:twoguns:

I'll boot up my SNES copy when i get home. Bet you can't do THAT

[quote name='EXStrike']:twoguns:

I'll boot up my SNES copy when i get home. Bet you can't do THAT
[/QUOTE]

Hey! Me too! I can do that too! Can YOU guys do that?!

HMMM? WELL. CAN YA?!

I'm going to have SEX with my cartidge when I get home and film it for ALL of Europe to see!!! CAN'T fuck YOUR MARIO RPG COPY, CAN YOU 'PEANS?

:bomb:

Yeah! THEY CAN'T fuck IT BECAUSE AN EUROPEAN VERSION OF SUPER MARIO RPG DOESN'T EXIST, BECAUSE NINTENDO OF EUROPE DID NOT DEEM IT WORTHY TO BE RELEASED ON THEIR LIVERPOOLIAN SHORES!

/high fives Americans

Besides they'd just 'pean it anyway. Huh? HUH?

/another round of high fives

Tonight, I'm gonna make sweet love to my copy of Super Mario RPG.
I call bottom :cool:

NOW, THINK ABOUT THAT WHEN YOU PLAY YOUR SUPER MARIO RPG...'PEANS!

If I had finished EarthBound I would definitely be playing SMRPG on my Wii now.:booty:

Played some more Midnight Pool. This is definitely in the top five WW games. I just beat Barack Obama!

edit: Actually just his profile picture looks like him. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MisterModest']YEAH, in your motherfucking face America![/quote]

There's a subtle sense of irony in this that I find hilarious
MisterModest ain't bein' modest at all

[quote name='ChibiJosh']There's a subtly sense of irony in this that I find hilarious
MisterModest ain't bein' modest at all
[/quote]

And, heres where it gets weird.

I smell GOOD :cool:

That's the wrong attitude to have, lilboo.

The correct one is to instigate a reverse Boston Tea Party, where we travel to Europe and dump all their Wiiis (note the unnecessary vowel) into the bay.

[quote name='GizmoGC']If SMG is not available on Monday...I'm going to fucking die.[/QUOTE]

Given that it's been available since last November, I think you'll pull through.

[quote name='Strell']That's the wrong attitude to have, lilboo.

The correct one is to instigate a reverse Boston Tea Party, where we travel to Europe and dump all their Wiiis (note the unnecessary vowel) into the bay.[/quote]

Euro Wii Party?

:whistle2:k

Midnight Pool is so fucking addicting. They threw in so many unlockables I have to play the (very short) "story" mode like 6 times. Also some of the characters look like they had another occupation before Gameloft changed it. ;)

[quote name='GizmoGC']If SMG is not available on Monday...I'm going to fucking die.[/quote]
Consider yourself lucky you mistyped SMRPG. These kind of quotes haunt Strell to this day.

I'm not actually doomed. I hope.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I want SMG NOW!!!!!1[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Twice in the same thread, on the same page, even with multiple people correcting you.

Been playing some SMRPG.

so far, so good. I just got back mallows coin, so I'm not very far. I'm loving the corny jokes , like 'this is is a chain reaction' and one of the Hammer bros. moves being 'hammer time' :lol:

1335.gif

I've heen holding on to 1000 points and now I don't know whether to use them on

Wild West Guns (It looks like Mad Dog McCree. WANT.)
LoZ: Link to the Past (haven't played a new Zelda game in ages)
SMRPG (even though I already have Paper Mario and got bored 1/5th of the way in, the gameplay videos make me want it anyway)

If you have never played LoZ:aLttP, get it. It's my second favorite Zelda game after Wind Waker.
WWG is okay, but difficult to a n00b like me. I can't get past the third level.
Haven't played SMRPG either, but as far as I know SMRPG is like Paper Mario but without the jokes.

Other good VC/WW games:

LostWinds (very short)
Mario Kart 64 (with friends)
Midnight Pool (with friends)
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People episode 1 (pretty short)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Metroid

[quote name='lilboo']SMRPG is actually pretty funny.
Ask the Europeans, they'll tell you :cry:[/quote]

Sorry for the total cock-tease Boo.

Freinds? :grouphug:

[quote name='lilboo']Ok Mega Man gurus, how do I fuck that cyclops thing up in Mega Man 1 Dr Wily's level? :wall:[/QUOTE]

I always used the Elec Beam, and, provided they've preserved the exploit in the Wii version, repeatedly paused and unpaused the game right as it hit, scoring multiple hits and killing him in one shot.

[quote name='lilboo']Ok Mega Man gurus, how do I fuck that cyclops thing up in Mega Man 1 Dr Wily's level? :wall:[/quote]

You don't. It's impossible.

You pretty much just have to practice to get really good at dodging him when he flies to the other side of the screen. The pattern is always the same, so after a few hundred tries, you should be able to do it. And, I think you should use Metal Man or Quick Man (can't quite remember) to hit it in the eye.

[quote name='Doomed']

Other good VC/WW games:

LostWinds (very short)
Mario Kart 64 (with friends)
Midnight Pool (with friends)
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People episode 1 (pretty short)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Metroid[/quote]

Anyway, for MK64 I'm just going to get MKWii if I can friggin find it. StrongBad... I lost the love for HSR about a year ago and can't get it back. I can't get my roommates to play anything with me (other than making lots of Miis), nor do I like pool that much so that's out. Lost Winds is constantly described as like Kirby Canvas Curse and I hated that game, and the rest I have already.

And you're the only person I know who would list Wind Waker as a favorite. I think my favorite is Link's Awakening, just for the amount of secrets, glitches, and weirdness that goes on in it. Ah, for the buggy good old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back