Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Shining Force II over SMRPG any day. I wants it so bad.

I think I want to pick up Ys (though maybe not right away) and this Helix game since I heart rhythm games.

[quote name='lilboo']This makes me sick to my stomach when I have to say that to myself. :bomb: There's no reason we should have to do that!!![/quote]
Do you guys really go back and play old vc games? I moved all of my stuff onto a SD card and only keep the most recent game I bought on the console itself.

i'd love to hear some impressions of this Helix game. sorry you guys didnt get SMRPG :( .I'd give you it if I could

I dont get why there needs to be seperate releases. Why cant america and europe get the same stuff?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'd take Shining Force II over SMRPG any day. I wants it so bad.

I think I want to pick up Ys (though maybe not right away) and this Helix game since I heart rhythm games.[/quote]

Freaking Agreed. Japan got SF2 like 3 months ago -_-V

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'd take Shining Force II over SMRPG any day. I wants it so bad.

I think I want to pick up Ys (though maybe not right away) and this Helix game since I heart rhythm games.[/QUOTE]

I never played Shining Force II, however, it needs to come after Super Mario RPG? If you disagree, please never come back on CAG again. :nottalking:

[quote name='dcfox']Do you guys really go back and play old vc games? I moved all of my stuff onto a SD card and only keep the most recent game I bought on the console itself.[/QUOTE]

Sadly most of my space is actually from saved data (!!!) that CAN'T be moved to the SD Card :roll: I only have like 2 channels (MK & Wii Fit) and like 5 WiiWare titles up..with 2 VC games (NES)...it's actually quite ridiculous I am under 100 blocks and yet it seems like I have nothing to show for it.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']i'd love to hear some impressions of this Helix game. sorry you guys didnt get SMRPG :( .I'd give you it if I could

I dont get why there needs to be seperate releases. Why cant america and europe get the same stuff?[/QUOTE]

1. STFU, you are European. You do not get to say anything about SMRPG like you really know how awesome it is!! :nottalking:
2. Ok, I take back HALF of what I said on number 1 because I agree..we should get stuff in a SIMILAR time frame. We will get SMRPG, but it's "WHEN" that is driving me/us insane.
3. :grouphug:

I've never played Y's, is it like some lame RPG or something? :nottalking:

And stop trying to be nice, you European. I enjoy our unity as Americans hating on you guys. :lol:

I never played Ys either. I don't think I'm really that interested, though. It's a TGCD game and they are usually 180/200 blocks.. :lol: :cry:

[quote name='lilboo']
Sadly most of my space is actually from saved data (!!!) that CAN'T be moved to the SD Card :roll: I only have like 2 channels (MK & Wii Fit) and like 5 WiiWare titles up..with 2 VC games (NES)...it's actually quite ridiculous I am under 100 blocks and yet it seems like I have nothing to show for it.
[/quote]
Well that's your problem there. You're playing too much disc based retail games. What you need to do is have one Wii dedicated to retail games and one just for downloadable stuff. Problem solved.

[quote name='yukine']You should have a Wii for every console that is available on the VC in my opinion. :shame:[/quote]
That would be ideal. Basically like having an NES, SNES, etc, that all look the same.

You could even paint them the appropriate colors. Have a grey Wii for your NES games, a black one for Sega Genesis stuff, etc.

Last night I bought Harvest Moon but I'm having a hard time getting into it. First I accidently threw my free grass seeds around. Then I bought some potato seeds but when they grew, I couldn't figure out how to harvest them. I'm so much better at killing in videogames.

Ys (eese) is 273 blocks, 5 save blocks. The music is pretty sweet actually. Although I'm stuck in the first part of the game because for some reason I have a sword, a shield and armor, but I can't advance.

Ys sounds awesome, but I'd need internet to be able to buy it. Oh well - maybe later.

[quote name='yukine']Maybe you'll get SMG next Monday?[/QUOTE]

Don't encourage him. :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']I never played Shining Force II, however, it needs to come after Super Mario RPG? If you disagree, please never come back on CAG again. :nottalking:[/quote]

I disagree, but at the same time I don't think I can live without seeing your daily antics. I'm torn.

[quote name='lilboo']
[/quote]
Hackers to the rescue... again. You can backup/restore ANYTHING in the Wii memory with hacking tools.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Ys sounds awesome, but I'd need internet to be able to buy it. Oh well - maybe later.[/quote]
You mean you're not posting from your Wii's Opera browser right now? :whistle2:s

Well, I've only played 3 or 4 songs on Helix, but my shoulders are tired (should have been keeping up with Wii Fit, and this wouldn't be a problem), so here are my very early impressions. If you haven't seen any gameplay, watch this to get an idea of what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tlirweG7KY

I played one song on easy, but that was a little too boring, so I bumped it up to medium for the others. The problem with the game is exactly what I feared. The timing bar doesn't have enough information in it (when to move, but not what to do), so it's very easy to get confused about what you should be doing. You have to watch the moves as the robot performs them, sometimes 1 or 2 seconds before you're supposed to be doing them, all while doing the moves that the robot did a second or two ago. The result ends up being a rhythm game that you play off beat, and it just feels... weird.

Now, for the most part, so far it hasn't been too bad. But the times when you're likely to screw up are when the robot changes it's starting side (left, right, left instead of right, left, right, for example), or when it throws you a completely new move (like a forward circle, or the double-handed "S" move). As a result, you might say that it's like a physical version of Brain Age, really testing your visual processing, hand-eye-coordination, and memory all at once. It's a very different type of rhythm game.

If you decide to get it, I hope you like techno. I haven't listened to all of the tracks yet, but flipping through, they appeared to all be techno. The techno track in Donkey Konga 2 (I think it was 2) was one of my favorites because it was really tough. I'm not sure I can handle 26 techno tracks.

I want to put in some more time with it this evening and tomorrow, to see how well I can adapt to the inherit challenges in the gameplay. I'll try to post more within the next day or two.

[quote name='dcfox']You mean you're not posting from your Wii's Opera browser right now? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I don't have the Browser - I got my Wii after the free period ended, and haven't bothered to spend the 500 points yet.

I could...except for, y'know, that whole "internet no worky on Wii" thing. :lol:

castlevania 3 please
star wars snes/ battle for naboo, and the first rogue squadron from 64
final fantasy 6
general chaos
majoras mask
yoshis island
secret of mana
waku waku 7, it's not that hard

The hell is SMG?

I've seen "me want SMRPG" too much in this thread, plus there's already a Super Mario Galaxy that's referred to as such.

Anyway, bought Y's today; I really dug Y's III on SNES, and wanted to see what preceded it.

[quote name='Mr. 420']castlevania 3 please
star wars snes/ battle for naboo, and the first rogue squadron from 64
final fantasy 6
general chaos
majoras mask
yoshis island
secret of mana
waku waku 7, it's not that hard[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Broken record much? We went over this a month ago (I thought that list looked familiar, even if it isn't exact).

And no, things haven't changed since then, and reposting the same games isn't going to magically make them appear. Nintendo still can't release third party games without permission, Square still isn't going to cut into their remake business by releasing cheap-ass VC downloads, and licensed games are still a huge fucking headache to coordinate (that's the reason why TMNT - one of the only licensed games so far- is an extra 100 points).

[quote name='mykevermin']The hell is SMG?

I've seen "me want SMRPG" too much in this thread, plus there's already a Super Mario Galaxy that's referred to as such.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, he won't listen. I tried that approach already. :lol:

My birthday is in September.
We'll get Mario RPG in September.
September 20 is my birthday, which is a Saturday.. so.. we'll get Mario RPG Monday September 22.

::FETAL POSITION::

[quote name='lilboo']My birthday is in September.
September 20 is my birthday, which is a Saturday.. so.. we'll get Mario RPG Monday September 22.

::FETAL POSITION::[/QUOTE]

Apparently, next week is VC release #250. That could warrant an anniversary celebration, no?

[quote name='lilboo']Super Mario GAMES!!! :whee:[/QUOTE]

:hot:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Apparently, next week is VC release #250. That could warrant an anniversary celebration, no?[/QUOTE]

You're right, Walrus!!!

CONFIRMED FOR NEXT WEEK!!!! :hot:
nes.jpg

:whee: :whee: Finally! Thank's Nintendo!! :whee: :whee:

Yes and yes.

It's a "wrestling game" (as much as, say, Pit Fighter is a wrestling game) that's deceptively good looking.

For the time, it looked cool. Big beasts, kinda dark aesthetic, alluring options/customization for the characters - but the gameplay was the drizzling shits, and the customization an absolute crapshoot.

So, yes, I predict it will be VC release #250.

[quote name='mykevermin']
So, yes, I predict it will be VC release #250.[/QUOTE]

No way. On a scale of 1-10, it has an appeal of 3.

That's like 18 points too high to warrant release on the VC.

[quote name='lilboo']So next week:

Gilligan's Island (NES)
Beast Wrestler (Genesis)
My Aquarium (WiiWare)

This sounds pretty solid!! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I think that this is the worst NES game I've ever played. My sister had it and I tried it once; the controls were kind of like driving a fully loaded semi through a lake of molasses.

And yes, I know what I just said about licensed games, and about Nintendo not having any control over third party titles. Nintendo's going to find some way to make this - and Gilligan's Island - happen, just because they love us so much.

That puts us up to a four title release calendar. We've got a banner week ahead of us! :D

That's the worst looking Dinosaur I've ever seen.

I don't recall getting anything special for 200, so I don't know if we'll see anything for 250. It is a holiday, so who knows?

On another note, nearly every console other than the SNES (March)/N64 (May) has had an update in August. So I think we're bound to see an SNES or N64 title this coming Monday, but not both. Somehow I doubt SMRPG is bound for release this coming Monday, I think we would be more likely to see Harvest Moon 64, or something random like Beetle Adventure Racing.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']That's the worst looking Dinosaur I've ever seen.

I don't recall getting anything special for 200, so I don't know if we'll see anything for 250. It is a holiday, so who knows?

On another note, nearly every console other than the SNES (March)/N64 (May) has had an update in August. So I think we're bound to see an SNES or N64 title this coming Monday, but not both. Somehow I doubt SMRPG is bound for release this coming Monday, I think we would be more likely to see Harvest Moon 64, or something random like Beetle Adventure Racing.[/QUOTE]

Harvest Moon 64 would be great, bugs and misspellings and all. It would mean I don't have to pay $30-$40 for a cartridge. :D

I think I might be the only person in the world to have bought the Sonic Gems Collection to play Tails Adventure again. :lol:

That's probably the only compilation disc I can think of where NONE of the titles are going to appear on the Virtual Console. It's one arcade title, a few Saturn games, and some Game Gear titles - all systems that, so far, haven't been represented at all.

It does have Vectorman and Vectorman 2 on the disc, though. Why don't we have Vectorman on the VC yet?

[quote name='vlv723']
l_8150bb9136ea47aad88ea193bc43512b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:shock:

It's been ages since I've seen that thread. Talk about a blast from the past...

I think I have Vectorman 3 times already. Awesome game though. Thinking about it reminds me of the glorious days when Sega still stood for fucking awesome games and thumbed their collective noses at Nintendo as opposed to creating shitty Sonic games for Nintendo systems.

Do miss the 90s :(

[quote name='lilboo']My birthday is in September.

::FETAL POSITION::[/QUOTE]

haha mine is 5 days after yours. one of us will get SMRPG as a bday gift.

hoo boy, i cant wait to play gilligan's island. best VC week release to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back