Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:

I saw that gizmoGC was the last person who posted in this thread, and I said 'uh-oh, not this shit again' :lol:

And I was right!

Plus, he's a pirate (not the good kind either!) which is a big no-no here.

guys he's playing SMG on his Wii.......last time I checked that's the only place you can play it. :lol:

SUPER MARIO GAME!!!

I'm actually waiting for Lilboo to show up with is guesses for tomorrow....

Just got finished playing SMG on my Wi...big fan of the controls. I really like the two player mode.

:) You guy's make me laugh to much.

I still have 1500 points waiting for this SMRPG...I doubt it will ever come out :( I still have my SNES copy...but its in lame 480i.

[quote name='yukine']Now you got it, kid. :lol:

Do you not read the thread or something?[/QUOTE]

I typically only read when new games come out on Monday. After that I wander off.

[quote name='Strell']Surprisingly Malleable Giraffes?

Saucy Mountain Rotating Plankton Gourds?[/quote]
SMG is probably Super Mario Galaxy, released in 2007 for Nintendo Wii.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Galaxy

I'm still pretty sure he means Super Mario RPG, released in 1996 on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System as a collaboration between Square and Nintendo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG:_Legend_of_the_Seven_Stars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

Role-playing game is commonly shortened to RPG.

I finally bought a Classic Controller today, so I'm calling it: Super Mario RPG today. It has to be.

:pray:

[quote name='Doomed']SMG is probably Super Mario Galaxy, released in 2007 for Nintendo Wii.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Galaxy

I'm still pretty sure he means Super Mario RPG, released in 1996 on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System as a collaboration between Square and Nintendo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG:_Legend_of_the_Seven_Stars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

Role-playing game is commonly shortened to RPG.[/QUOTE]

Well, I would definitely pick up SMRPG if it came out today. I've got about 2500 points (and zero available blocks :X) ready for it to come down the pipeline.

Let's do a circle-prayer.

WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE WIIWARE GAME AND TWO VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

September 1, 2008
Strike up the band and let the confetti fly! This week, the Wii™ Shop Channel celebrates the momentous release of its 250th game title for the Virtual Console™, pushing the selection of classic games to an exhilarating new high. And because a special occasion deserves a special guest, Nintendo is thrilled to name the beloved Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™ as the game to hold this exciting distinction. Along with a delightful new WiiWare™ title and a delirious underwater adventure, this gem from the Super NES® era guarantees a festive, fun-packed Labor Day holiday for Wii™ owners of all stripes.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

My Aquarium (Hudson Entertainment, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): With swaying aquatic plants and fish idly swimming about, My Aquarium is a relaxing Wii experience that allows you to enjoy a virtual aquarium in your spare time. Whether freshwater or saltwater, you can select from over 40 popular types of fish, including favorites like the Ocellaris clownfish, the freshwater angelfish and the Asian arowana. You can also create up to six different aquariums and personalize them by adding decorations like seaweed and driftwood. In My Aquarium, you can send aquariums to your registered Wii Friends. The aquariums can even be set with special dates, such as a friend's birthday, that the fish will commemorate with a dance. Feed your fish and watch them steadily grow from fry to adult. Then, after meeting certain conditions, you can breed them. Another feature will allow you to interact with your fish using your Wii Remote™ controller in fun ways, like "tapping" the glass of your aquarium.

Virtual Console

Clu Clu Land™ (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Take a deep breath and prepare for a puzzle game set in the underwater kingdom of Clu Clu Land. The greedy Sea Urchins have stolen all of Clu Clu Land's gold bars and buried them in a series of mazes. As Bubbles, a brave bubble fish, you'll set out to uncover all of the gold bars in each maze. But you'll have to be careful: Sea Urchins will relentlessly pursue Bubbles, and there are also dangerous black holes that must be avoided. Bubbles isn't defenseless, though, as she has the ability to stun Sea Urchins with sound waves and quickly change direction using posts scattered throughout the stages. Not only that, but the locations of the gold bars in each maze form the outline of another object—once you know the object, you're well on your way to finding the gold. With 20 stages to complete and increasingly complex conditions (like having to pass over the gold bars twice to uncover them), you might just want to bring along a friend for help.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Set in the Mushroom Kingdom and featuring its cast of well-known characters, this adventure RPG begins with a familiar scenario: Mario™ must rescue Princess Toadstool™ from Bowser™. However, a mysterious new enemy named Smithy soon appears, and Mario and Bowser are forced to fight as allies for the first time in their long history. In the quest to defeat their powerful new foe, they'll journey across a wide variety of locations (a town of mining moles, a tropical forest, a thundering waterfall—just to name a few) and tackle a mix of obstacles requiring both expert timing and strategy to overcome. Along the way, they'll gain experience and grow more powerful, while also meeting new characters whose unique abilities will be needed to take on Smithy and his gang. Striking a perfect balance of traditional RPG elements and the action-packed game play Mario is famous for, it's easy to see why this title has earned "legendary" status.

w00t.

Does anybody remember Tetrisphere for the n64, man I wish they would put that game on the vc. Anybody want to take odds on when we will see that game on it.

Hmm... I was thinking about downloading a few other games soon with my 3100 points - is there anything mind-blowing potentially coming out soon (WiiWare more specifically, VC is sort of a known quantity) that would make it a good idea to hang onto a thousand points or so, or should I just add SMRPG to the list of downloads?

My wife wanted to download Dr. Mario too (people still playing that online?) so I might just have to get another points card anyway.

Nice. Finally one less game to whine about.

Here comes the rambling of Earthbound...or I can add in Secret of Mana as well.

I'll download it when I get home late tonight. Vacation is over /sad

Very nice! One of the few games I've been waiting for. Even though I have this on SNES, I feel the need to support it.

! ! ! ! ! !

It's about motha fuckin time!

Not for nothing, but Clu Clu Land is pretty awesome as well!
They actually gave us a game for the 250th release. That was actually nice of them.

It's here? It can't be, Nintendo hates us. Nintendo really does. No way would Nintendo release it...

In other words I need to go pay a visit to my schools internet center tomorrow to bitch about how to get my router working if I can because god damn SMRPG is here :D.

Maybe its just me, but I didn't really like Super Mario RPG the first time around when I played it. Maybe I'm weird, maybe I have bad taste, I don't know; but I could not really get into it. I may give it another chance now that its been several years since I've played it, but we'll see.

wat-1.jpg

Why is there even other shit mentioned in the topic title? Just put SUPER MARIO RPG BITCHES, SUPER MARIO RPG and erase all that other shit no one cares about.

Also:

IWTMario.jpg

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Maybe its just me, but I didn't really like Super Mario RPG the first time around when I played it. Maybe I'm weird, maybe I have bad taste, I don't know; but I could not really get into it. I may give it another chance now that its been several years since I've played it, but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

I would definately try it again. If you like Mario and/or final fantasy, you should like this. This is one of my all-time favorite games. My only gripe is the
lack of a new+ game and the fact that you can't level up past 30 (I believe). The new+ game isn't even a bad thing, since most RPGs don't offer it. I just loved the game so much that it would have been fun to continue getting stronger. Amazing game.

[quote name='Strell']
wat-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='Strell']Why is there even other shit mentioned in the topic title? Just put SUPER MARIO RPG BITCHES, SUPER MARIO RPG and erase all that other shit no one cares about.

Also:

IWTMario.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I like Clu Clu Land! I don't know about My Aquarium..:lol:.. but Clu Clu Land is pretty fun!

Ya know, I'm slightly disappointed in this. I am thrilled that the game is out. Really. But this game is SUCH a Summer game to me. When I had my SNES hooked up and available to play (I still have it, and Mario RPG, just put away due to space) I would replay this every summer. When Japan got this game in June, I was thrilled because I just had a feeling we'd get this eventually---and we did---I was just thinking we'd get it sooner. I would have loved to played this in July, or some parts of August..but no, we get it on September 1st :lol:

Not that I'm complaining. Really. It's my favorite game of all time and I'm just sharing my bond with the game. It's a summer game to me, and that's all.

[quote name='lilboo']For me, I'm going to be stroking and waiting for Secret of Mana..:drool:
Anyone care to wait & stroke with me?[/QUOTE]

Secret of Mana would be great, but a translated Seiken Densetsu 3 would be even better. :drool:

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Secret of Mana would be great, but a translated Seiken Densetsu 3 would be even better. :drool:[/QUOTE]

That's a bit much, :lol: let's stay in the realm of "POSSIBILITY" and not in the "LOLOLOL YEAH OKAY!1! :whee:" dimension

[quote name='lilboo']That's a bit much, :lol: let's stay in the realm of "POSSIBILITY" and not in the "LOLOLOL YEAH OKAY!1! :whee:" dimension[/QUOTE]

I can dream, can't I? Actually, I kind of doubt it anyway since it is Square. They would probably release a new updated title for the DS and find some excuse to stamp a $60 price tag on it.

[quote name='Foo228']So is Mario rpg more on the action side or rpg side? I'm not an rpg fan whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Well, being that it's called Super Mario RPG...it's pretty much an RPG :lol: ;)
Do a search on YouTube for Super Mario RPG and watch some gameplay footage. It's very much a traditional RPG..but it's just so good :applause:

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I can dream, can't I? Actually, I kind of doubt it anyway since it is Square. They would probably release a new updated title for the DS and find some excuse to stamp a $60 price tag on it.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I think we are more like to see a PORT of it for the DS and be charged $40 for it. I still want SoM on VC :nottalking:

[quote name='Foo228']So is Mario rpg more on the action side or rpg side? I'm not an rpg fan whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Overall it's more an RPG.

There are two main things to consider outside of this. The first are the active battles, which means that you have to press buttons at the right time to makes your attacks hit harder. It also helps you defend against attacks. For example, Mario has a jump attack. If you press the attack button right before he lands on the enemy, he'll do more damage. Eventually you can do a continuous jump, which helps rack up the damage against the bigger bosses.

The second thing is that outside of battles, you navigate a 3D world from a fixed overhead isometric view. There's a lot of jumping puzzles in the game to keep it feeling fresh, as if it were an action game as well.

It's not a conventional RPG by any means. There's never really a grinding element (except at the very end, and only then if you want to take out one specific enemy), there's a lot of active button pressing during battles (keeping them entertaining instead of just pushing through them), and the overall game doesn't take itself too seriously. Lots of little things to discover, a few minigames here and there.

An exquisite game by any standards.

Who wants to start taking bets as to how long it takes for the "Nintendo hates us" bitching to restart? I think it'll be around next Saturday when people start talking about what's coming out next week.

But seriously, Clu Clu Land and SMRPG, excellent week.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Who wants to start taking bets as to how long it takes for the "Nintendo hates us" bitching to restart? I think it'll be around next Saturday when people start talking about what's coming out next week. [/QUOTE]

It won't start before people make comments ridiculing those of us who have bitched, as if we didn't have any valid reasons to do it, and as if they'd never had similar thoughts in the past.

:]

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']How the fuck do you get the Wii Shop channel to update?
[/QUOTE]

12 Eastern, 9 Pacific. We're about 20 minutes away.

Suspiciously Modern Rutabaga Plain Gelatin?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Who wants to start taking bets as to how long it takes for the "Nintendo hates us" bitching to restart? I think it'll be around next Saturday when people start talking about what's coming out next week.

But seriously, Clu Clu Land and SMRPG, excellent week.[/QUOTE]

Well you gotta look at the big picture. Yes, Super Mario RPG is one of the games we've all started this rant since the first VC update back in 2006. It's a great game and possibly one of the greatest games of all time--at LEAST on the SNES!

You can't ignore the previous weeks, hell, previous months of crap and "OK" games with the occasional "Oh this is a really good game" in there and then consider it all better when we get a gem.

If you were in an abusive relationship and your husband beat the snot outta you for 8 months straight, and then one day took you out for a nice dinner and a nice night out does that take away the bruises and bloody noses and possible stitches in your ass? No, it does not :nottalking:

[quote name='Strell']So what do I win if SMRPG never comes out in America, Doomed?

Please say candy.[/quote]
[quote name='Strell']I'll eat my words if it comes out period. But I also get candy if it never does.[/quote]
[quote name='Strell']It was recently announced for Japanese VC release for this month. Nintendo puts out a list of everything coming out for the VC over there, and Mario RPG was included, meaning it is definitely supposed to come out this month.

I'm still not convinced it will, but I'll happily eat my words if it does.[/quote][quote name='Foo228']So is Mario rpg more on the action side or rpg side? I'm not an rpg fan whatsoever.[/quote]
Paper Mario, which was once called Super Mario RPG 2, is mostly an RPG. However, you can increase damage by timing button presses.
[quote name='botticus']Hmm... I was thinking about downloading a few other games soon with my 3100 points - is there anything mind-blowing potentially coming out soon (WiiWare more specifically, VC is sort of a known quantity) that would make it a good idea to hang onto a thousand points or so, or should I just add SMRPG to the list of downloads?[/quote]
WW has Tetris Party with 9001 control modes and probably other cool stuff too, as well as Bomberman. TP is already out in Japan. There's also Strong Bad episode two if you like point and click.

Dr. Mario is exactly like any other Dr. Mario with extra features. Don't expect anything else except for the co-op virus buster mode.
[quote name='lilboo']
Anyone care to wait & stroke with me?[/quote]
Maybe. I REALLY need to catch up on my RPGs.
EarthBound, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III/VI, Final Fantasy VII (even though it looks like crap, I should still try it at some point), Final Fantasy X (see FFVII), Super Mario RPG, and I'm probably missing a bunch of other stuff too. I also have .hack//INFECTION and I might see what that's all about.

I've made progress in EarthBound so I have to finish that before I even think about completing Super Mario Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back