Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the new deal for this week:

Nano Assault Neo - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/10

Wii Sports Club - Free - Begins 3/21 @ 12 PM ET/9 AM PT - Ends 3/23 @ 2:59 AM ET/11:59 PM PT

New Releases:

Pure Chess - $7.99

Volleyball (NES) - $4.99

I know you're trying to be funny about it, but I really do wish Wii Sports Club was cheaper.  The free weekend was great, but had they added a $5 per sport sale with it, I would have jumped on tennis and probably bowling, too.  But at $10 a sport they're a little too pricey in my opinion.  But at least for the weekend, it'll be fun.

Here is the new deal for this week:

Nano Assault Neo - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/10
Wii Sports Club - Free - Begins 3/21 @ 12 PM ET/9 AM PT - Ends 3/23 @ 2:59 AM ET/11:59 PM PT

New Releases:

Pure Chess - $7.99
Volleyball (NES) - $4.99
Lol @ Volleyball. Why not give us Super Spike V' Ball? It's loads better and I would buy for 5 bucks.

Waiting for a port of super dodge ball.  Played that game to death when I was a kid.  Glad they put nano assault back on sale cuz I missed it last time around.

I really don't know why, but I'm debating on Darksiders 2..  I've passed it up on 360 everytime it's went on sale for $15... maybe it's because I feel like my Wii U needs love and I have all of this eShop credit from the deals just sitting there. Is it worth it? I'm playing through the first one that was given to us free on PS+ and I'm really liking it. Should I get it or just pick it up down the road on sale for 360 again? I know I have this credit...but dat 11 GB..

Waiting for a port of super dodge ball. Played that game to death when I was a kid. Glad they put nano assault back on sale cuz I missed it last time around.
Did you ever play the Game Boy Advance version? I think that's the last version that came out. It was you know, of course, a Kunio-kun game in Japan, the same franchise that gave us River City Ransom.

Free weekend of Wii Sports Club for me! :D. I already purchased the permanent Club Pass for Tennis back in November for $4.99 from Gamestop, in the form of a download code. Absolutely love it.

Tried out Bowling around two months back when they offered their last free trial weekend and loved that one too! Didn't by the Club Pass yet. I have yet to try out Golf but will this weekend.

Like a previous poster, I would rather throw down $4.99 per sport, at the end of the day spending a total of $24.95 for the whole Club instead of $49.95. For a digital version of an HD re-release I'd be perfectly happy paying that price.  

Any idea on when Boxing and Baseball will finally hit the Club?

I noticed that deals tab, but couldn't tell what their normal price was.

If I buy these and my WiiU breaks, will I be able to get them on a new WiiU or would they be lost forever like games bought on the Wii?
Actually, now that Nintendo has implemented Nintendo Network ID's (NNID), your game purchases are no longer tied to the hardware. They're tied to the NNID, and THAT is tied to the hardware. The difference is, if your console breaks and you don't want to send it in, I believe you can now call Nintendo, they can deactivate your NNID on the old console, allowing you to set up the NNID on the new console. After you've done that, just go to the eShop and all your previous purchases are in the "My downloads" tab. You can re-download any of them free of charge.

While it's a bit more of a pain than say, net-tied accounts, it's not NEARLY the dilemna most gamers will tell you it is. Furthermore, Nintendo (unlike Sony and MS) allow transfers of all your games to their new consoles when they release (a new trend set in 2012 with Wii>Wii U and 3DS>3DS XL transfers). And since Nintendo releases a new home console and handheld every six years, you'll end up transferring the games over to the next new console LONG before your current Wii U breaks. After all, I've still got SNES and N64 systems that fire up like they were bought yesterday. I guarantee you that Wii U is built to last. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it never broke your entire life...

I really don't know why, but I'm debating on Darksiders 2.. I've passed it up on 360 everytime it's went on sale for $15... maybe it's because I feel like my Wii U needs love and I have all of this eShop credit from the deals just sitting there. Is it worth it? I'm playing through the first one that was given to us free on PS+ and I'm really liking it. Should I get it or just pick it up down the road on sale for 360 again? I know I have this credit...but dat 11 GB..
I bought the Wii U version of Darksiders 2, and my brother owns it on 360. Same game, but the Wii U version does come with the DLC and actually has pretty nifty gamepad integration. For the type of game it is, the second screen is a VERY nice addition. Not only can you play off-screen (and let me just say, Darksiders 2 is one of THE best looking Wii U games played off-screen on the pad), but you can manage your inventory on the fly, switching out gear without pausing the game. It's also used as a map, fast travel and item shortcuts. May not sound too impressive, but trust me once you experience it in action, you'll know what I mean. It's slick.

And since Nintendo releases a new home console and handheld every six years, you'll end up transferring the games over to the next new console LONG before your current Wii U breaks. After all, I've still got SNES and N64 systems that fire up like they were bought yesterday. I guarantee you that Wii U is built to last. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it never broke your entire life...
While I agree that Nintendo makes good quality hardware, the fact that the SNES and N64 still work is due largely to the lack of a disc drive with moving parts. About the time I bought my Wii I started having occasional problems with my Gamecube. My Wii's disc drive sounds at times like it may give up here at some point. And I'm very careful to take good care of my things. Then there's the gamepad, which is bound to have screen problems at some point, and who knows how easy it will be to replace a few years from now. Don't get me wrong, I feel like the Wii U is well built but I wouldn't bet any money on it still working 10 years from now like I would on the N64.

It's funny, because the American NES was kind of a turd hardware-wise, and even the Japanese Famicom has a few issues (the controllers are not unpluggable from the system), but the SNES and Super Famicom will probably last until the end of time and longer.  Probably the N64, too.  

I agree that the Wii, Wii U and Gamecube, while really well-made, will probably not last due to their moving parts.

Copy and pasted....

I don't pay attention to Nintendo sales, because I don't have a Nintendo system. I also don't look at the posts regarding Nintendo, so forgive me if this is a repeat. 

Anyway, Ubisoft tweeted a big Nintendo sale. 

Here is the list:
http://nintendoevery...and-3ds-eshops/

There are more WiiU games, but I wasn't sure where to post that....Meh. Hope you Nintendo owners can find this useful.

For you WiiU users:

ZombiU – $29.99 (was $59.99)
Just Dance 4 – $24.99 (was $49.99)

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – $24.99 (was $49.99)
Rabbids Land – $24.99 (was $49.99)
ESPN Sports Connection – $24.99 (was $49.99)
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth – $20.99 (was $29.99)
The Smurfs 2 – $27.99 (was $39.99)
Cloudberry Kingdom – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Rayman Legends – $27.99 (was $39.99)
Just Dance 2014 – $34.99 (was $49.99)
Just Dance Kids 2014 – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – $41.99 (was $59.99)

There are some new deals for today:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - $41.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Cloudberry Kingdom - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

ESPN Sports Connection - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Just Dance 4 - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Just Dance 2014 - $34.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Just Dance Kids 2014 - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Rabbids Land - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Rayman Legends - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

The Smurfs 2 - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Your Shadpe: Fitness Evolved 2013 - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

ZombiU - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Tempted to pick up legends especially because of the discounted eshop cards I picked up but man that's one of those games that will be a $10 gamefly deal later this year. It's almost garaunteed along with black flag to be available for cheap in a few months.

That and I can get my platformer fix in the meanwhile with DKTF.

First Gameboy Advance game (Advance Wars) will come to Wii U in Europe next week:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/25/game-boy-advance-games-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console-soon

Maybe NA isn't far behind? I am curious if they will offer any discounts to people who already own the games on 3DS. Knowing Nintendo... nope!
Well, thing is, if we have any GBA games on our 3DS now, we got them free. But yeah, what I'd really like is total cross-platform support. And I'm still annoyed that playing GBA games on 3DS has to be done in DS compatibility mode. That's lame. And I don't know how much I actually want to play GBA games on my Wii U either. wahhhh whine whine my life is hard. Seriously though, it sucks, because there are still a lot of GBA games I've wanted to play for years, and I think they belong on both platforms (or just 3DS), need to be cross-platform, and need to work as well as Game Boy games do.

Sorry for the schpiel.

Well, thing is, if we have any GBA games on our 3DS now, we got them free. But yeah, what I'd really like is total cross-platform support. And I'm still annoyed that playing GBA games on 3DS has to be done in DS compatibility mode. That's lame. And I don't know how much I actually want to play GBA games on my Wii U either. wahhhh whine whine my life is hard. Seriously though, it sucks, because there are still a lot of GBA games I've wanted to play for years, and I think they belong on both platforms (or just 3DS), need to be cross-platform, and need to work as well as Game Boy games do.

Sorry for the schpiel.
Nah, it's nice to vent sometimes and I feel exactly the same way. If Nintendo really intended to implement cross-buy on VC they could've done it 1000 times over by now. They can get marketing to say whatever but the facts speak for themselves.

I spent years playing GBA games. I really don't want to play the same ones again. Old handheld games for me don't hold up well. GBA games hold up a little better since they have passable graphics as opposed to GBC/GB games of which there are only a handful worth replaying. I also don't want to replay something I already played when there is so much new stuff coming out, I only have limited time in a day.

I also have all the ones I want to play. I also have the game boy player so if I want to play them on a TV I have that option too.

The only GBA games worth revisiting for me are the pokemon games and those will never see any form of VC release for more reasons than I can state here.

If they are $6 I wouldn't mind picking up several GBA games on the Wii U while the 10% back deluxe promo is still active.  The question is whether or not Nintendo will release a good amount of them by the end of the year. 

Edit:

Well if they follow the Japan model they might be closer to $7. Although that 30% off for buying a second game would be nice to have if they offer the deal in the US.

Japan launches GBA Wii U VC library

I spent years playing GBA games. I really don't want to play the same ones again. Old handheld games for me don't hold up well. GBA games hold up a little better since they have passable graphics as opposed to GBC/GB games of which there are only a handful worth replaying. I also don't want to replay something I already played when there is so much new stuff coming out, I only have limited time in a day. I also have all the ones I want to play. I also have the game boy player so if I want to play them on a TV I have that option too. The only GBA games worth revisiting for me are the pokemon games and those will never see any form of VC release for more reasons than I can state here.
VC shouldn't be taking anything away from the development of new games (quite the contrary, the money raised should help fund new games). After the emulator is built there shouldn't be hardly any work necessary as far as individual games are concerned. It's fine if you aren't interested, I'm honestly not either considering how poorly they've handled VC thus far. But others are. I never owned a GB/GBC and my GBA library was pretty weak overall so, if VC was ever handled right as far as crossbuy and pricing goes, I'd be all over for that reason alone.

And why wouldn't they release Pokemon? They've released games before that linked with other games and just chose to be too damn lazy to either allow the games to connect or unlock the remaining data. I could see Nintendo releasing some quick and dirty copies of Pokemon with absolutely no way to trade or transfer Pokemon. Not that I'd care anyways, I think a lot of those games have aged rather poorly and there are other handheld titles I'd rather see.

Last edited:
And here is the US launch announcement:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/nintendo-unveils-gba-vc-launch-lineup-on-wii-u

April 3: Advance Wars, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Metroid Fusion for $7.99

April 10: Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ for $6.99

April 17: F-Zero: Maximum Velocity and Golden Sun for $6.99 and $7.99 respectively

April 24: Yoshi's Island for $7.99

Pricing isn't surprising given the 3DS VC, but as some one who owns most (maybe all?) of these games from the 3DS ambassador program, it is going to take some heavy discounting to get me to consider the rebuy.

When I think of the GBA games that I didn't play in its first go around or don't have I think Wario Land 4 is the only one I'm willing to spend money on. 

And why wouldn't they release Pokemon? They've released games before that linked with other games and just chose to be too damn lazy to either allow the games to connect or unlock the remaining data. I could see Nintendo releasing some quick and dirty copies of Pokemon with absolutely no way to trade or transfer Pokemon. Not that I'd care anyways, I think a lot of those games have aged rather poorly and there are other handheld titles I'd rather see.
Because people aren't going to buy Pokemon games with no way to connect to each other or the ability to battle against other players. That's why they have the remakes. Also, there would be a ton of angry, misinformed people wondering why they can't transfer their Greninja or Staraptor in Ruby.

Also, Gen 1 and Gen 2 were glitchy as hell and would probably summon a demon or something if re-released.

Because people aren't going to buy Pokemon games with no way to connect to each other or the ability to battle against other players. That's why they have the remakes. Also, there would be a ton of angry, misinformed people wondering why they can't transfer their Greninja or Staraptor in Ruby.

Also, Gen 1 and Gen 2 were glitchy as hell and would probably summon a demon or something if re-released.
This is about limitations and glitches. Also Gen 3 remakes are being speculated upon already so I would expect that is why the GBA games aren't coming out on the VC. If they were able to port these games then I am sure they would have done so first thing as millions of fans want them on the VC because Pokemon is an obvious cash cow for Nintendo.

The only other problem I see is that sales of the old games could possibly cannibalize sales of the newer games. Nintendo wants you to pay $40 for a game and not 7.99 instead of buying the $40 game. This is also why 3DS remakes of Gen 3 are being speculated, and of course Nintendo will charge $40 for them.

If they made a lazy port it could turn into a PR nightmare as these millions of fans would be mad that the Pokedex cannot be completed with more than one game or that trading and battling has been nerfed. They released the Zelda oracles because those have a password system that can easily transfer to the VC.

I don't see much reason to play the old Pokemon games, the new games are better in every respect in regards to online features, battling, trading and breeding. If they made 3DS remakes of Ruby and Sapphire I would be first in line to buy though as those are some of my favorite Pokemon games.

I do think Nintendo is selling nostalgia with these older games, they are fun to play for a few min, but has anyone ever sunk serious time into an old handheld game? When there are clearly better options out there? Barring money as a factor, if you are a kid stuck with a GBA due to not having money then this would not apply. This is why the old games are only 7.99 and they are only releasing certain ones, they know people will not spend major hours on them, thus people will not buy them instead of buying the newer and longer $40 games. Also because they don't want people buying used games, since it nets them no profit, and prices for GBA games have skyrocketed in recent months. I know, I have slowly been selling my collection one game at a time and its a good thing I did now that the VC for GBA games is out.

This is about limitations and glitches. Also Gen 3 remakes are being speculated upon already so I would expect that is why the GBA games aren't coming out on the VC. If they were able to port these games then I am sure they would have done so first thing as millions of fans want them on the VC because Pokemon is an obvious cash cow for Nintendo.

The only other problem I see is that sales of the old games could possibly cannibalize sales of the newer games. Nintendo wants you to pay $40 for a game and not 7.99 instead of buying the $40 game. This is also why 3DS remakes of Gen 3 are being speculated, and of course Nintendo will charge $40 for them.

If they made a lazy port it could turn into a PR nightmare as these millions of fans would be mad that the Pokedex cannot be completed with more than one game or that trading and battling has been nerfed. They released the Zelda oracles because those have a password system that can easily transfer to the VC.

I don't see much reason to play the old Pokemon games, the new games are better in every respect in regards to online features, battling, trading and breeding. If they made 3DS remakes of Ruby and Sapphire I would be first in line to buy though as those are some of my favorite Pokemon games.

I do think Nintendo is selling nostalgia with these older games, they are fun to play for a few min, but has anyone ever sunk serious time into an old handheld game? When there are clearly better options out there? Barring money as a factor, if you are a kid stuck with a GBA due to not having money then this would not apply. This is why the old games are only 7.99 and they are only releasing certain ones, they know people will not spend major hours on them, thus people will not buy them instead of buying the newer and longer $40 games. Also because they don't want people buying used games, since it nets them no profit, and prices for GBA games have skyrocketed in recent months. I know, I have slowly been selling my collection one game at a time and its a good thing I did now that the VC for GBA games is out.
Make no mistake; they CAN port these games to VC no problem. And with a little WORK they could enable trading between the versions. But we all know that Nintendo doesn't like to put effort into their VC releases.

But yeah everything you say makes sense, I could see these games possibly cannabilizing the new game's sales. Considering all the money that apparently went into that pretty new X/Y engine (and that 3D modeling couldn't have been cheap either lol) I could see preferring a quick "sequel" or remake being pushed out, even if it would be completely different from the GBA experience. Still, while I was the first in line to bash the series for being uninnovative and settling for rehash after rehash, there's no denying that X/Y were absolutely amazing. The optimist in me would like to think they'd stand on their own even if they weren't competing with the pure nostalgia of the older games on the market.

For what it's worth I avoid the VC and the eshop as much as possible, but I did get some eshop cards as a gift a few times over the years and ended up getting a GB VC title or two. I got the first couple Super Mario Land games, the 2nd Kid Icarus game, and was planning on Metroid 2 but never got around to it lol. I also played through Link's Awakening DX for the first time shorly before the 3DS's release after my friend lucked into an old box of GB/GBC games. I put dozens of hours into all of them. The point is just because the games are old and black/white doesn't mean they aren't a ton of fun. Yeah, it's insane that they are going for more than $1 in this day and age, but putting that aside they've still got plenty to offer.

Well, not Link's Awakening, that game sucked. It's aged horribly, the 2 button layout is extremely tedious, and the wall of text everytime you accidently touched a stray rock or cliff made the game an excrutiating chore. But god forbid you say a single bad thing about it on a Nintendo site :oops: Mario and Kid Icarus were still a lot of fun though.

Last edited:
Also, Hoenn would be a great use of the new graphics engine. It easily had the most exotic locales of any of the other 5 Gens that would look great in 3D.

Plus, remakes would allow Nintendo to fix problems with the games. Expanding the story, adding in more rival battles, fixing the roaming Pokemon glitch, etc.

At $8 for most of the good titles I think I may hold off unless there is a decent discount for buying multiple titles. Still have a bunch of SNES games to play through, but I probably would have jumped at most of the titles at $6. 

So lets say they release red and blue on the 3DS, the Wii U or whatever. A lot of fans just want the old games, and probably don't want to deal with the nuances of the new ones such as IV's, EV's, Abilities, Natures and whatever else I am forgetting. They charge $8 or so for them.

A lot of the fans of the original games, buy these games, over buying Pokemon X & Y, which are obviously more profitable games for Nintendo. Yes Nintendo could somehow fanangle a trading and battling system within the old games on the VC, but again, if the fans get this, then why even buy the new ones? Then if the system was glitchy or didn't work there would be a lot of complaints from the fans. If they released a VC title without battling and trading then the fans would also complain, and there would be a lot of complaints from new players and parents because they didn't know they can't complete the pokedex or battle since there would be no trading and battling. We all know how Nintendo fans like to complain.

I don't think Nintendo can win here.

The Pokemon games provide a tremendous value for gameplay vs dollars. I have like over 140 hours in my Y version alone, for a $40 game. That is a good deal for me even at retail price. I know some people say otherwise, that X & Y are lacking in content but I feel it has plenty. I still have a lot of things I can do in this game. They have also combined stadium type games and the regular pokemon experience into one game, making it so I don't have to buy a separate Pokemon game and a separate console just to battle in 3D or battle online. With Diamond and Pearl the only way to battle online was to connect to Pokemon battle revolution, now they have made it all in one game, which saves me money.

If people are playing the hypothetical VC games, then they won't buy whatever is that year's Pokemon game, since they will be satisfied with what they have. Assuming the series continues on a one game a year run. They are treading on a Wii Sports situation, where a lot of people bought the Wii with Wii Sports, and didn't buy any other games for it because they were satisfied with what they have. Some people only want the old Pokemon games and that is all they want. One of the reasons is because it takes a long time to flesh out a Pokemon game. If they hold off on the VC release of these games then they kind of push the fans or anyone who wants to play Pokemon into buying the newer games.

The point is its not worth Nintendo making a Pokemon VC release at 7.99 that includes battling and trading, that would be too much work for them especially for a 7.99 game, especially if it potentially cannibalizes sales of a new, $40 game and 3DS systems for people who don't have them and want to play Pokemon.  Pokemon is a system seller, so it carries a lot of weight for Nintendo, they can't afford to cannibalize it for any reason.

Yeah, Nintendo isn't going to release any Pokemon RPGs on the VC.  Only they know why, but I would be really surprised if they ever did.

As for playing VC stuff, I think folks sink some time into it.  I've spent quite a bit of time with Game Boy VC games, but I guess I'm probably a lot older than most of you.  These are still good games to me, and in a lot of cases, there aren't (in my opinion) "better options" out there.  Again, I'm old, but a lot of the games coming out these days entertain my gaming desires about as well as Justin Beiber and Jay Zee entertain my musical desires.  In short: you kids have shit music and shit games and get off my damn lawn.  

I don't see much point in Advance Wars when I can just play Advance Wars DS, and frankly I would like to play portable games on a portable system, not on my Wii U Gamepad.  I'll probably pick up Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, though.  I guess one could argue the newer Mario and Luigi games are superior, so why am I bothering--I guess because that was one I never played.  I did play Golden Sun, and I don't think I will bother getting that one.  (Contrast this to Earthbound, which I also played, yet still quickly re-purchased it, so who knows.)

I've lost track of my points.  And you guys don't really have to get off my lawn...  It's fine...  Still h8 ur mewzik tho.

I just read somewhere that none of these GBA games will include multiplayer of any sort. Expected though, but this is pretty much confirming that the Pokemon games will never be released on the VC.

I am willing to eat my words if the Pokemon games ever do make it on the VC

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back