Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
EShop was mostly working a short time ago. My first attempt to download the free Sonic Lost World DLC gave an error, but second time it worked.

Little Inferno is simple but fun. I have that on my iPad and it's great there. I'm sure it's good on WiiU too.

I added funds from card and bought 3 and downloaded all 3 games since an hour or two ago.  

ducktale 

switchforce  

d&d

dispite all the issues with the eshop, so far I've got all the games that I wanted both from wii u and 3ds eshop. persistence pay off.

http://m.cnet.com/news/nintendo-takes-eshop-offline-to-mend-problems/57616320
We sincerely apologize for the connection problems in the Nintendo eShop. We understand this is taking longer than expected, but we can assure you that providing a solution is our top priority. We are determined to make sure everyone can enjoy all that Wii U and Nintendo 3DS have to offer. In an effort to manage the high volume of traffic and ultimately improve your experience, we are temporarily taking the Nintendo eShop services offline between the hours of 4 p.m. - 4 a.m. ET. Thank you so much for your continued patience. We will keep you updated.

Gamestop has Nintendo Land (on disc) for $20, pricematched by Amazon.com.

I know it's a bit off-topic, but since Nintendo decided to take it off the eShop so they could sell their controller bundles instead...

Is Trine 2 worth it, and what about Little Inferno?
I love the gorgeous graphics of Trine 2. Sometimes I was so distracted looking at the beautiful visuals that I'd completely bungle the level challenges. Download the demo to try it.

Little Inferno is quirky and interesting but too short, left me wanting a little more. It is definitely a great time-waster and a lot of fun to find new ways/outcomes to burning things :hot:

Both worth it IMO.

Another somewhat off-topic post:

Does anyone else find the Wii U Gamepad a little broadly spaced?  I don't mean large in general necessarily, but I feel like the d-pad is too big and the XYBA buttons are spaced too far apart.  I don't know how kids with small hands are navigating this thing.  I have average-sized adult hands and I'm finding it hard.

So, I bought one of the Nyko Wii U Pro controllers, and the d-pad and face buttons on it are really stiff.  Just can't win.  Guess I will need to actually buy a Wii U Pro controller.  :(  Expensive.

Yeah, it sounds nice, but I hate how the stick is above the buttons. That's how the Gamepad is too though.
Unlike the gamepad though it works and is super comfortable. On the gamepad they're offset a little but still mostly under the sticks and then the grips on the back are almost vertical. On the Pro Controller it's angular like a 360 controller and they're set further to the inside. So inside of having to move your thumbs straight down, like on the gamepad, they just rotate naturally from the sticks to buttons like when you're using a 360 of PS controller. To me it's the most comfortable controller Nintendo's ever made and one of my favorite all time.

Where were you when Best Buy was clearing out the white ones?
I know I missed out on those. No store in the area had any. I did get an afterglow one for 6.99 knowing I'd get a Wii U in the next few months after that. It works pretty well, I should have bought a 2nd.

Is Trine 2 worth it, and what about Little Inferno?
Yes to Trine 2, no to Little Inferno. LI is a glorified fireplace simulator, and I don't begin to understand all the hype around it. Trine 2 is great.

That said, I don't know why anybody would ever buy these games on WiiU. They've been cheaper than these "sale" prices on Steam, and IIRC both were part of some recent indie bundles, which means there are probably several people here who could set you up with a bundle key for less than the cost of one of these games.

I was interested in Chasing Aurora, but frankly I was bored after 10 minutes. It seems like a very shallow single player experience, and in what's becoming an all too common problem on WiiU has no online multiplayer to speak of. I'd have purchased it simply to play with my friend, but with no online multiplayer it's not worth any price :cry:

Oh well, at least I got a good laugh out of the Ubisoft "sale" :rofl: . I like how, even at 30% off and factoring the 80% off the cost of eshop points, virtually all of the games were still cheaper to just pick up off the shelf at Best Buy than order through the eshop.

Yes to Trine 2, no to Little Inferno. LI is a glorified fireplace simulator, and I don't begin to understand all the hype around it. Trine 2 is great.

That said, I don't know why anybody would ever buy these games on WiiU. They've been cheaper than these "sale" prices on Steam, and IIRC both were part of some recent indie bundles, which means there are probably several people here who could set you up with a bundle key for less than the cost of one of these games.

I was interested in Chasing Aurora, but frankly I was bored after 10 minutes. It seems like a very shallow single player experience, and in what's becoming an all too common problem on WiiU has no online multiplayer to speak of. I'd have purchased it simply to play with my friend, but with no online multiplayer it's not worth any price :cry:

Oh well, at least I got a good laugh out of the Ubisoft "sale" :rofl: . I like how, even at 30% off and factoring the 80% off the cost of eshop points, virtually all of the games were still cheaper to just pick up off the shelf at Best Buy than order through the eshop.
Not everybody CAN or wants to use Steam though, and some of the prices are pretty good. Like Ducktales was on Steam cheaper but it's normal holiday sale price is actually more than Wii U/XBL.

But yeah the Ubi sale was a COMPLETE joke and I'm afraid that even if they do eventually put Rayman Legends up it'll be so expensive that I won't buy it anyway.

Still expensive! Is it as good as the official controller though? Maybe it will go on sale or have a drop.

They will be 20% off at BB next week!
I wonder if they'll go cheaper anytime soon. That's still a bit pricey for me.

One of my main problems using the Gamepad along with a Wiimote and Classic Controller (the original Wii one that plugs into the remote) is with VC games. It keeps recognizing both controllers as player one, which annoys the hell out of me. It lets me switch the gamepad to player 2 at least, but that's kind of annoying, too. I want to be player one!

I don't know why anybody would ever buy these games on WiiU.
I'm playing Trine 2 with my fiancee. I only have one Dualshock 3, so PS3 was out, and while I have one wired and one wireless PC controller, it would have been a pain, so there you go. Wii U version. I got Dungeons and Dragons on there, too, for that reason.

Or if you have a HDD lying around, jump on Newegg and get a cheap external enclosure and make that an external HDD. That's what I did with one of my extra 1TB HDDs lying around.

Or if you have a HDD lying around, jump on Newegg and get a cheap external enclosure and make that an external HDD. That's what I did with one of my extra 1TB HDDs lying around.
I hadn't thought about that. If I bought a new one for my PS3, I could put its old one in an enclosure (although maybe that would only be a temporary solution--only 256GB!). I wonder if that would be worth it. I also have an old desktop computer, the hard drive of which I could liberate. hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Not everybody CAN or wants to use Steam though, and some of the prices are pretty good. Like Ducktales was on Steam cheaper but it's normal holiday sale price is actually more than Wii U/XBL.

But yeah the Ubi sale was a COMPLETE joke and I'm afraid that even if they do eventually put Rayman Legends up it'll be so expensive that I won't buy it anyway.
Ubisoft was terrible. I logged on thinking that, even if the game prices were jokes, I could grab some ACIII DLC at a half decent price.

Nope, the DLC wasn't on sale at all. It's as if they don't even want us to buy from them, I mean I'm a sucker for a good sale but this really was pitiful.

Last edited:
Still expensive! Is it as good as the official controller though? Maybe it will go on sale or have a drop.

I wonder if they'll go cheaper anytime soon. That's still a bit pricey for me.
I can't speak on the Wii U Afterglow specifically, but I have one for the 360 and it's just about as close as you can get to a first party feel. Buttons are a bit clicky and the analog sticks feel just a tad different...but all in all it's great and if it's cheap enough it's worth it. As you said though, still seems a bit much.

What headset w/mic are you guys using on the WiiU?
Honestly? I've found what few games do go online to be an abysmal experience on WiiU (especially when compared to PS3 and PC), and can't be bothered to invest in a separate headset, especially when my bluetooth headsets aren't compatible. I don't care what Nintendo says, it's very apparent that this console was never built with online functionality in mind.

Last edited:
[quote name="madcyantist" post="11400257" timestamp="1388427213"]What headset w/mic are you guys using on the WiiU?[/quote]

I need to test it out but I use for daily work and extra curricular a pair of sennheisers that have mic remote and it worked perfectly with ps4 mic and everything via controller. I haven't gotten around to testing mic on the wii u pad but I suggest getting something you can use dual functionality, not just for gaming. It's sennehiser px100 IIi

I can't speak on the Wii U Afterglow specifically, but I have one for the 360 and it's just about as close as you can get to a first party feel. Buttons are a bit clicky and the analog sticks feel just a tad different...but all in all it's great and if it's cheap enough it's worth it. As you said though, still seems a bit much.
thanks! Well, it might end up on discount or something, so it's worth keeping in mind! How is the d-pad?

Are you always this bitter? If you can't answer the man's question, a simple "I don't know" would suffice.
And are you always such a condescending jerk? "None" is an honest answer. Not "I don't know", as nothing my friends have bought has functioned better than the crappy mic built into the Gamepad when used on WiiU. As I explained in my answer, I haven't had a pleasant experience playing my WiiU online, and it would be stupid to waste money on a headset when nothing improves over the quality of the Gamepad mic (poor though it may be). "None" is my answer. If you want to insist on using a mic anyways, I guess aznguyen316 put it best.

If you don't have anything to contribute, then let's not reply to my posts ok? I'm really not the kind of guy who gets off arguing with random nobody's online, but I am sure some others will oblige if you'd like.

Last edited:
And are you always such a condescending jerk? "None" is an honest answer. Not "I don't know", as nothing my friends have bought has functioned better than the crappy mic built into the Gamepad when used on WiiU. As I explained in my answer, I haven't had a pleasant experience playing my WiiU online, and it would be stupid to waste money on a headset when nothing improves over the quality of the Gamepad mic (poor though it may be). "None" is my answer. If you want to insist on using a mic anyways, I guess aznguyen316 put it best.

If you don't have anything to contribute, then let's not reply to my posts ok? I'm really not the kind of guy who gets off arguing with random nobody's online, but I am sure some others will oblige if you'd like.
Yep, you definitely have issues.

There are no new deals for today, but I wanted to let you know that the following deals end on Thursday:

Chasing Aurora - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2

Little Inferno - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/2

Mighty Switch Force! 2 - $4.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/2

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2

Star Wars Pinball - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2

TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/2

Toki Tori - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2

Toki Tori 2+ - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2

Dr. Luigi is out for $14.99.

There are no new deals for today, but I wanted to let you know that the following deals end on Thursday:

Chasing Aurora - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
Little Inferno - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/2
Mighty Switch Force! 2 - $4.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/2
Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
Star Wars Pinball - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/2
Toki Tori - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
Toki Tori 2+ - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2

Dr. Luigi is out for $14.99.
Didn't a handful of deals end today?

Status