wii u in stock in walmart.com

well what if Apple or Samsung tried to launch a new tablet using 7-8 year old tech? what if Sony announced a new line of CRT TV? nobody goes backward with new tech launches it's ridiculous

[quote name='JiveT']what if Sony announced a new line of CRT TV? [/QUOTE]

I would be very interested in this for my older systems.

[quote name='youenvy']bet you they just wont pay for it, and what will ebay do give them a strike on their account, thats about it.[/QUOTE]

They don't have to pay. The seller will get a strike for that. Really high unreasonable shipping costs are no longer allowed and if you look at the "report this item" link on an active listing, it's cause to have the item delisted.

They've disallowed a lot of the old practices. Remember the raffle listings? Pay a dollar and you might get something? Those are gone too.

Am I the only one that thinks that the design of the wii u is ugly? I had seen pics of it online but when I actually saw it on display at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago I couldn't believe how long it was. I thought it was going to be the same size as the wii since it pretty much looked the same from the front. Either way I'm holding out until Mario Kart releases until I buy one.

[quote name='Jodou']Many of those issues were reported by the press even before launch, so I hope people didn't just buy into the hype again. I'd honestly like to see Nintendo burn for this and finally go the route of Sega. They're so disconnected with what gaming is anymore that they're squandering good franchises on horrible hardware. I'd pick up an S/NES controller for some classic zelda or w/e before ever touching a wii console.[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Take it to the other forums.

Honestly until after the weekend of black friday it is hard to say what the situation will look like. That is when the holiday shopping season starts so. So if they are still in stock a week/2 weeks after that then yeah supply is fine or demand isnt there. Too early to tell now

[quote name='djpookie2000']Lol, you guys are kidding yourselves. The shopping season hasn't even started. Global launch equals shortages. They can't get enough 14 year old Chinese to make these quick enough. Let's fast forward a couple of weeks then we'll decide if there is profit to be had.[/QUOTE]

"14 year old Chinese" Hilarious....

[quote name='Sammie2980']Honestly until after the weekend of black friday it is hard to say what the situation will look like. That is when the holiday shopping season starts so. So if they are still in stock a week/2 weeks after that then yeah supply is fine or demand isnt there. Too early to tell now[/QUOTE]

Let's put it this way, none of the console launches in recent memory had left overs of the launch day units. I'm not sure why people are arguing this. The only way they will run out is if Nintendo diverts supply elsewhere.

Edit: I'm talking about the white ones and not the black obviously.

[quote name='Sammie2980']Honestly until after the weekend of black friday it is hard to say what the situation will look like. That is when the holiday shopping season starts so. So if they are still in stock a week/2 weeks after that then yeah supply is fine or demand isnt there. Too early to tell now[/QUOTE]

I disagree, AT LAUNCH PS3's and Wii's were selling for far far FAR over MSRP and after BF the prices dropped dramatically. They rose a little again as Christmas drew near and people panicked, but never back up where they were initially.

What we won't be able to tell for a while is how well the launch area really did. Maybe these are selling like crazy but there's just a much better supply...

And yes I was around for the N64 launch but was too little to get the SNES and NES at launch, but I got them fairly soon after. In fact I found an N64 three days early at Service Merchandise so picked it up and canceled my TRU preorder.

[quote name='defpally']Haha, yeah. At least one was Mario 64 though. I remember when Wave Race 64 came out a couple weeks later everyone grabbed it up like crazy. Pretty much any game that came out prior to Christmas for the 64 that year sold like crazy. Killer Instinct Gold, Shadows of the Empire, Cruisn' USA - all pretty much meh games, but they flew off the shelves.

Mario U and NintendoLand will be great for my sons, but other than games I already have on another system the launch is pretty tame for things I like. Lots of great stuff early next year though! Rayman & Pikmen especially! Also given we are Nintendo game fanatics, I know the system will get lots of use in the future.

I just hope they choose to go another direction with Zelda this time, Skyward Sword was just so bleh. Last two times they tried to mix up the formula (Wind Waker and Zelda 2) the fanboys revolted. I still consider Wind Waker to be the best one yet, sunken treasure hunt and all. It definitely has the best music of the series.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember some of these crazy prices on these games when it first came out, wasn't killer instinct like $70?

[quote name='skiizim']Do you remember some of these crazy prices on these games when it first came out, wasn't killer instinct like $70?[/QUOTE]

I remember final fantasy "3" (6) on the snes being 80 or 90.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']I think NES came out with Mario and Duck Hunt only. Ah, those were the good old days.[/QUOTE]

Actually,

THAT particular bundle wasn't out for like 2-3 years after the NES launch. Just like the year after that they added the powerpad and that track game. (anyone remember the silly heel thing to beat cheetah? LOL)

The ORIGINAL NES launch only game with Super Mario Bros. or console only.

I think there was another set with Rob the robot and that stupid gyro game too but I don't remember if that was at launch or not (too far back for me to remember for sure)

[quote name='bykfiend42']Sorry. I've been posting on comment pages about the Wii U. So how 'bout that Walmart though? Selling that Wii U I hear.[/QUOTE]
i heard you can get zombiu with it. I dont know about you, but that sounds dandy to me.

Was really hoping Nintendo would get away from the motion controls with this, at least make them optional and not mandatory in most of its titles. As it is, pass. Maybe next generation, if they can last that long and I live that long, I will check back and see if they can come up with something that isnt built around gimmicks. Right now, I see them becoming another Sega, no more console development after this, just games and maybe handhelds.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Actually,

THAT particular bundle wasn't out for like 2-3 years after the NES launch. Just like the year after that they added the powerpad and that track game. (anyone remember the silly heel thing to beat cheetah? LOL)

The ORIGINAL NES launch only game with Super Mario Bros. or console only.

I think there was another set with Rob the robot and that stupid gyro game too but I don't remember if that was at launch or not (too far back for me to remember for sure)[/QUOTE]

My bad. It's hard keeping track of lineups at ages where I was too young to read. lol

it keeps failing during checkout process. i put all my info in and have no clue if it was accepted. Their website sucks

[quote name='DigitalFirefly']I have yet to even see the deluxe option in the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Was available this morning when I was checking Wii U Stock around my area. Ordered the Deluxe then cancelled it few hours later.

[quote name='Marauder7']Was available this morning when I was checking Wii U Stock around my area. Ordered the Deluxe then cancelled it few hours later.[/QUOTE]

I've been refreshing the page all day and haven't seen it yet. The deluxe is showing on the bundle page or is it somewhere else?

[quote name='DigitalFirefly']I've been refreshing the page all day and haven't seen it yet. The deluxe is showing on the bundle page or is it somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

sold out again.

Too bad there's no in store pickup option. It's showing the Deluxe model in stock at a wal-mart 20 minutes from me.

[quote name='DigitalFirefly']I've been refreshing the page all day and haven't seen it yet. The deluxe is showing on the bundle page or is it somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

I placed my order about 8AM EST and think an hour later it was no longer available. My order is still in processing so not sure if it'll get cancelled.

[quote name='dyne']Too bad there's no in store pickup option. It's showing the Deluxe model in stock at a wal-mart 20 minutes from me.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, if I really wanted a WiiU, I could brave the local Walmart and get one. Fortunately for my patience, I'm not sold on the system yet.

[quote name='bjstucker']Thanks OP just called because it was in stock (deluxe) but it is out of stock. I do not forsee getting it before the Holidays :([/QUOTE]

Might be best to get it after holidays. Wait for a gift card or something note worthy to pick it up at an easier state of availability. Plus there are reports of the Flash Light,which causes the wii U to be unplayable but not sure what the odds of getting a broken one are.

I might skip out on nintendos console for a while this generation. Owned every nintendo console till now...

I only play nintendo consoles for their first party games.... Its honestly a dissapointing piece of hardware and I know nintendo wont get their act together with third parties...With nextbox/ps4 coming out... its going to be the wii situation all over again.

I'm convinced the WiiU will shine next holiday season, even with the possibility of new systems coming out. When the Vita came out, Nintendo released Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D Land. I'll wait for something like that or Zelda. Plus, if no games come out in the next 5 months, they may do a price drop.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']Ditto, if I really wanted a WiiU, I could brave the local Walmart and get one. Fortunately for my patience, I'm not sold on the system yet.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the way I feel. I satisfied my need to impulse buy by getting Fringe season 4 on Blu for $16 at Amazon instead.

[quote name='Plinko']Has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Take it to the other forums.[/QUOTE]
Wii U being in stock is also not a deal. Cry more.

Was really considering one soon, but after ZombiU getting a 6.5 from Greg, there aren't really any games I really want that I don't already own

[quote name='UnrealZero']Might be best to get it after holidays. Wait for a gift card or something note worthy to pick it up at an easier state of availability. Plus there are reports of the Flash Light,which causes the wii U to be unplayable but not sure what the odds of getting a broken one are.[/QUOTE]

Thanks sir I have heard some pretty ehh stuff about it but the same thing was said about the other consoles when first released. I honestly do not see another console not coming out with inital problems out the door seeing as Dev's have the ability to just patch the shit out of any and everything they make these days. My son is in love with Rayman animation and since that game is only going to be on this it is a must buy :)

Sorry to get off topic.

Not getting a Wii U until they're dirt cheap unless some kind of killer app comes out. I just can't stand the fact that if the console breaks you lose your Nintendo ID and all your purchases. Buy a new console? You can't get your ID back or purchases.

They need to get with the times.

[quote name='Komentra']Not getting a Wii U until they're dirt cheap unless some kind of killer app comes out. I just can't stand the fact that if the console breaks you lose your Nintendo ID and all your purchases. Buy a new console? You can't get your ID back or purchases.

They need to get with the times.[/QUOTE]

Besides the console breaking and the customer losing all their purchased content (which is beyond ridiculous, in this day), what happens if the Wii U gamepad breaks? You can't even buy another one in the stores, and if you could it would probably cost around $150 (it costs $170 in Japan). That isn't like buying a relatively cheap $40-$50 controller for one of the other big consoles.

The resources that Nintendo put into the tablet/gamepad were far too much; obviously they had to take resources out of the console itself, to keep the whole bundle affordable. Its a huge mistake IMO, and will affect the system for its entire life cycle.

[quote name='JKSonic'] "it's just capitalism" no, no it's not.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes it is. Supply and demand is the cornerstone of capitalism.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Besides the console breaking and the customer losing all their purchased content (which is beyond ridiculous, in this day), what happens if the Wii U gamepad breaks? You can't even buy another one in the stores, and if you could it would probably cost around $150 (it costs $170 in Japan). That isn't like buying a relatively cheap $40-$50 controller for one of the other big consoles.

The resources that Nintendo put into the tablet/gamepad were far too much; obviously they had to take resources out of the console itself, to keep the whole bundle affordable. Its a huge mistake IMO, and will affect the system for its entire life cycle.[/QUOTE]

If the system can't really support two gamepads, I doubt them putting them for sale in stores, just to avoid an uninformed crowd buying extra. I'm guessing, if one breaks or malfunctions, you'll have to send it in via XBox RROD and wait a few weeks, which stinks.

Just bought the Deluxe. Had to get AC3 with it. Mario and ZombiU are gone. Suppose to arrive on Wed. 28th.

[quote name='jalu6']Just tried, showing out of stock even though you can add to cart. It won't actually let you check out.[/QUOTE]

The bundle or the console separately?

[quote name='ChuckInKC']The bundle or the console separately?[/QUOTE]

The bundle. I select the Deluxe, select AC3, add to cart and it shows me that one item is out of stock, save for later or remove.

Yeah, the deluxe just vanished. This is weird. I don't even want one, but it's playing hard to get...which makes me want it. I'm so torn.

I some how got one. They sent me my order number. I'm a little bummed that Mario wasn't an option for the game but now it is for the basic model. I'll probably just switch AC3 out for it at the store.

Walmart is definitely playing some games online with it.

bread's done
Back