Wii U Pro Controller (White) $9.99 @ BBY YMMV

BlueLobstah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
It looks like BestBuy is clearing out the Wii U Pro Controller (White), and it looks like prices vary from $9.99 to $11.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat16010&type=page&dt=cr&skuId=5764068&lg=-86.75575256347656&ld=33.314842224121094&rd=248

The best way to find if it's available in your area is to Change Area, then set your price to Less than $25, then set your brand to Nintendo. From there you should be able to see if there are any stores that have it available for store pickup.

I was able to schedule a store pickup for one close to me for $10.99.

Other things (maybe) of interest:

Wii U Stand and Cradle - $2.99 and up

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat16010&type=page&skuId=6850926&ld=33.314842224121094&lg=-86.75575256347656&rd=248&dt=cr

Playstation 3 Move Controller - $11.99 and up

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat16010&type=page&dt=cr&skuId=1122178&lg=-86.75575256347656&ld=33.314842224121094&rd=248

Playstation 3 Move Navigon Controller - $4.99 and up

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat16010&type=page&skuId=1122187&ld=33.314842224121094&lg=-86.75575256347656&rd=248&dt=cr

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and got a second white one. Left the Afterglow. I will paint them or get skins or something since I'm getting a black WiiU. I saw all kinds of stuff. Went on a mini WiiU shopping spree! 

Now......to get a WiiU. :joystick:  :cool:

Thanks OP. Best Buy that I usually go to was selling this for $18.99. I have one ready for pickup at another nearby store for 10.99 though, so I'm set.

Wanted to share a fun story....

So I forgot to apply my reward zone cert to my purchase of one of these. I figured, hey, I'm a cheap ass, I'd like $5 off an already good deal. Called CS. I was transferred twice. Finally got someone helping. Then she puts me on hold. I'm on hold a total of 24 minutes. Then the automated voice gets on and says, "Thanks for calling Best Best, we're currently on hold due to inclement weather, goodbye".

WTF!

I can do nothing but laugh.

No controllers near me but I did find a 24 inch insignia (the Black Friday one from last year) for like 90. I've been looking for one for my son's birthday, so with a $50 reward cert, it was a great find. Thank you OP, I didn't realize I could look up local clearance on the bestbuy site.

I ordered online, but I also picked up an extra one off the shelf. It still had a tag of $24.99 but rang up as $10.99. If you can't find them in store, look in the clearance section. Mine wasn't with all the regular Wii/Wii U stuff but was tucked back in the corner of the store.

Went to pick up my Pro controller tonight that I ordered through bestbuy .com & I asked one of the employees if I could pick up another at the same price, and they said it was no problem. So, it seems walk ins are welcome, provided they have stock. Also I asked why only the white color was on clearance, and they said that they had absolutely no clue. Another interesting thing to note is that he asked me how much it was online (10.99 was the price) and he just took my answer with no questions asked... It was a little later at night, so maybe he just wanted to get going home. Anyways, I'm happy! Good luck everyone!

Just had one in my cart and was ready to check out for store pick up and when I clicked 'check out' it said sold out. Boo. May have to venture to the store to find one.

I ordered the white one and the cradle tonight. Ended up possibly not being able to afford a Wii U since I am putting all my money on ps4 so if anyone is interested in doing a trade I am mostly looking for Gamestop credit 

Sadly, none of the Best Buys in my area had any white controllers left. Thankfully enough, I was able to get just about every item other than that one that I had wanted. I cleaned out the nearest two Best Buys of PS3 Motion Controllers, and I was even able to get the Afterglow Wii U Pro controller. Now I have enough sets of the Move to share around with my family and friends.

damn, shows for pickup in my store, but when i go to add to cart and check out it's all like, "sorry we're sold out."  

I hardly play the damn thing anwyway, I guess.

$99 obviously for the Move + camera + game.
I know, I was just bein a smart ass :p

I bought the Move when it came out, but I already had the camera and I shopped around for some deals, but I don't regret buying it. I really enjoy using it when a game can, but everyone is different of course.

I considered buying the PS3 motion controllers, the essential kit with the eyetoy was $20 at my local store.

But then I realized, there aren't ANY good games that require the motion controls.  And the ones that support it, plus dualshock are better with dualshock.    Sad, I combed through the list of all the games too.   I'm a sucker for these kind of deals too.

But then I realized, there aren't ANY good games that require the motion controls. And the ones that support it, plus dualshock are better with dualshock.
Child of Eden, House of the Dead: Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, Dead Space: Extraction (on the Dead Space 2 disc), Little Big Planet 2.

There are an ample number of games if you are willing to look. Moreover, most of those titles can now be acquired for a lot less. I'd strongly suggest picking up at least one set of Move controllers. Especially since the current clearance provides everything you would need for less than $30. (Move, Navigation controller, PSEye, and clip for the TV can all be had for under $30 total)

I enjoy the 2 Sports Champions games, still pop them in once in awhile, and play The Fight Lights Out on the endurance sparring a few times a week. It's good exercise and a way to relieve stress. You're frustrated or pissed at something? BLAWW, in your mouth!

Just had one in my cart and was ready to check out for store pick up and when I clicked 'check out' it said sold out. Boo. May have to venture to the store to find one.
Do this as this happened to me at 3 stores that were showing it. I went to two of them. The first was a bust but the second had one left.

I grabbed the last one at my local store for 10.99 + local tax.  I also grabbed the last pair of PDP afterglow controllers, or as I call them, player 3 and player 4. 

My local BB has them marked at $34.99, but they ring up $16.xx.
You might take the time and have someone scan it for you if the display price is a little high.

Picked one up for $11.99 today! I was hoping to get 2 and take the one I got from walmart for $25 back but imnstill happy to get one!

My local BB showed limited quantities for $14.99, but there weren't any in the store.  They wound up giving me the black controller for the same price - not bad.

-Rob

I bought the only discounted white controller in the area a few weeks ago at $34.99. Brought in my receipt today and they did a return/rebuy for me at $10.99. Glad I asked!

Says Limited Quantities are available but won't let me check out online. Going to have to run in and see if they have any available. Was just thinking about picking one of these up too. Thanks!

picked up the last 4 at my location for $9.49 a piece after tax. They were on Clearance for $8.99. I wouldn't have bought so many but I had a lot of friends who couldn't get one at their local best buy so I decided I'd try to find one and help em out.

Not to steer off on a tangent, but As I said before, I also grabbed the last 2 PDP afterglows for 7 bones each.  After using them for a while, I can definitely say that 7 bucks is a total steal for them.  The only beef I have with them is the L and R triggers, they do suck, but other than that, the pads are solidly built, look nifty, and they're nice and responsive.   Great for players 3 and 4.  I'd never spend the retail price for them, but at 7 bucks, if anyone's on the fence, they're well worth it.

picked up the last 4 at my location for $9.49 a piece after tax. They were on Clearance for $8.99. I wouldn't have bought so many but I had a lot of friends who couldn't get one at their local best buy so I decided I'd try to find one and help em out.
Lucky you! I've been looking for just one but they're all sold out in a 50 mile radius.

My BB does have a couple of those afterglows though, I might pick one up and try it out.

Got 2 PDP's for $6.99 each minus the free $5.00 Rewards certificate they gave me this week. Less than $10 out the door.

Really want the official white pro controller for 10.99 ... but the nearest one is going for 16.99 -is that still worth the price?

Really want the official white pro controller for 10.99 ... but the nearest one is going for 16.99 -is that still worth the price?
Considering they retailed at $50, I'd say it's definitely worth snagging at that price. Though I'd recommend keeping the box and receipt incase the price is lowered you could try to return and rebuy for a price match.

If someone shows me how to post the pic I will-- but heads up Toys R Us just price matched 9.99 for me. I bought the three they had in stock in San Diego. :) Yeaaa!!

Didn't want to say this until I had confirmed it. In-store pickup is a pain and sometimes stuff... "disappears." I ordered three controllers. All of them were there today, as well as Dirt 3, ready to be picked up. I don't play with anybody else locally, so those other two controllers will only be necessary if the first breaks or becomes unusable. That happened once with my PS2. Anyway, I'm happy with my success.

OMG, these YMMV are always out in the sticks in weird places like Georgia and Mississippi. There's to many people out here in the real world to push the price down. Can someone flip one to me?

Thanks for this thread OP.  I didn't even realize you could search store clearance online.  I snagged the last Wii U Pro controller and also an Afterglow, though I should have grabbed another since $7 for a controller is stupid cheap.  I also was able to find some great clearance Xmas presents that are unrelated to gaming.  Thanks!

I got Fry's to price match one for $11.99. Walked in and brought up the Best Buy clearance page on my phone and the guy gave it to me since it showed it was in stock in a store. But the thing is that Best Buy site is not accurate and updates late because I called that store before and they didnt have it in stock. So you guys might wanna try your luck! Lol

I cleared out the closest stores near me and was able to get 4 of the afterglow controllers for less than 30 dollars total. 

Wireless, rumble, rechargeable battery..... so worth it. I have had multiple PDP items and they all still work perfectly. Super happy to have gotten a full playset of these versus 120 plus tax or 200 for the official Nintendo ones....

IMG_0129_zps65997284.jpg

I would like to personally thank the person that bought all 15 Wii U pro controllers in Charlotte, NC. I'm glad that you are able to play 10 player smash bros when it comes out. No really thank you cause I sure didn't want a controller.

I would like to personally thank the person that bought all 15 Wii U pro controllers in Charlotte, NC. I'm glad that you are able to play 10 player smash bros when it comes out. No really thank you cause I sure didn't want a controller.
Resellers tend not to care about other people.

bread's done
Back