Wii U: Tokyo Mirage Sessions Fire Emblem Special Edition UP!

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
For us Fire Emblem fans who will buy anything ...

UPDATE: BB seems to have more in stock. I just checked out. So give it a shot. Click link below. 

UPDATE: BB is now out of stock. =(

UPDATE: This is up on BB now! So much for GS Amazon exclusive. Thanks gftgrill! 

LINK:: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition-nintendo-wii-u/5280030.p?id=bb5280030&skuId=5280030&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-zVvZlBVnzfmAV6tIkagnMw

UpdateAmazon is OOS.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EO1WURQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_1wchxbSYKV0X4

You can still purchase this from Gamestop. 

Earlier –

The Collector edition will only be sold at Gamestop and Amazon. 

Link to Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition/130255

For those who want more information: http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/20/11466822/nintendo-tokyo-mirage-sessions-special-edition-wii-u

WiiU_TokyoMirageSessions_FE_bundle.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I lol'd at people who said this wouldn't sell out. It's a niche game, and resellers buy a shitload of copies as stock to profit. 

I lol'd at people who said this wouldn't sell out. It's a niche game, and resellers buy a shitload of copies as stock to profit.
The only realistic solution is to not buy them from resellers and wait till they return them to the store, simple.

Not sure how anyone could even buy from a reseller at this point.  Anyone who wanted the special edition has had plenty of time to pre order and it's still available at lamestop as we speak. Either way, I don't see these selling for as much as the fates edition did. Maybe in the long term, but not right away. 

Gamestop is still an option for people that missed out at BB/Amazon.  If you order in store you don't have to pay the stupid shipping and handling charge, and you will likely get an uncrushed box too.

Gamestop is a reseller. I'm surprised they are not sold out, only to have more in limited stock bundled with 10 Animal Crossing amiibos.

I wouldn't say they go that far. They just charge for MSRP + shipping, which is like $5 for this particular game. That's nowhere near the level of a reseller asking for $150 plus PayPal fees etc.
They also charge "handling" as well as other mysterious charges on items (2$ here, 2$ there to bump up prices). Whilst they may not be as bad as scalpers, they are definitely up there when it comes to shady reseller territory.

Ive had a 30$ order of items have 20$ in "fees" added to it.

They also charge "handling" as well as other mysterious charges on items (2$ here, 2$ there to bump up prices). Whilst they may not be as bad as scalpers, they are definitely up there when it comes to shady reseller territory.

Ive had a 30$ order of items have 20$ in "fees" added to it.
Like what fees?

I've seen shipping, handling and tax. I don't think I've ever seen anything other than that... definitely nothing that would tack on another $20 take $30 purchase. Then again, I don't shop there that much.

Like what fees?

I've seen shipping, handling and tax. I don't think I've ever seen anything other than that... definitely nothing that would tack on another $20 take $30 purchase. Then again, I don't shop there that much.
Whenever they have a "sale", they usually tack on 1-5$ "fees" on each item, without disclosing what the fee necessarily is. The last great t-shirt sale they had a month or so ago, most shirts were 5$ and less, but each had a hidden 2$ charge for "handling and other fees" tacked on PER item. In a lot of cases, the actual item was cheaper than the fee attached.

20 x 2-5$ items on "sale" = 40-100$.

2-5$ "fee" added to each item = 40-100$

Shipping

It catches up fast. They have been doing this online for a while now, especially when they have a "sale". Go look at the last sale thread they had with the shirts everyone went nuts over. See how many people complained/didnt understand why 30$ in shirts was costing them 60$ + shipping.

Gamestop charges an extra $1 per item that gets shipped from a store's inventory. Especially if you can use SAVER, I think that's more than reasonable. Has anyone actually shipped an item before? Then you'd know it's not free. Gamestop is charging you less than it actually costs to ship this stuff.

7RHiv7a.png

Gamestop charges an extra $1 per item that gets shipped from a store's inventory. Especially if you can use SAVER, I think that's more than reasonable. Has anyone actually shipped an item before? Then you'd know it's not free. Gamestop is charging you less than it actually costs to ship this stuff.

7RHiv7a.png
That is not true. Gamestop literally pay pennies to ship. I know, i was a manager there. The sheer amount of distros i used to do in a week (which is moving products from one location to the next). Gamestop stores do not ship to customers, and the cost to ship items back to the warehouse is pennies. Also, When a distro can contain over 100 items, all shipped to the same location, then they turn around and charge customers 2-5$ PER ITEM in that shipment, just to ship it back to the warehouse, they MORE than make up for the saver code.

That handling fee for one item pays for an entire shipment for them. Its how Gamestop make people believe their "free shipping" is a great deal. They are saving so much money by passing on their store distribution infrastructure onto customers, by charging multiple fees on the same items in a shipment. What tiny amount they might lose shipping to your house is made up multiple times over by you funding their restocking of their entire storefront.

But again, if i order 20 items, and they add 20 2$ fees onto it, how is that "charging you less than it actually costs to ship this stuff." I dont pay for amazon to move inventory, or best buy, and i still get free shipping from both. Its a scam, plain and simple.

That is not true. Gamestop literally pay pennies to ship. I know, i was a manager there. The sheer amount of distros i used to do in a week (which is moving products from one location to the next). Gamestop stores do not ship to customers, and the cost to ship items back to the warehouse is pennies. Also, When a distro can contain over 100 items, all shipped to the same location, then they turn around and charge customers 2-5$ PER ITEM in that shipment, just to ship it back to the warehouse, they MORE than make up for the saver code.

That handling fee for one item pays for an entire shipment for them. Its how Gamestop make people believe their "free shipping" is a great deal. They are saving so much money by passing on their store distribution infrastructure onto customers, by charging multiple fees on the same items in a shipment. What tiny amount they might lose shipping to your house is made up multiple times over by you funding their restocking of their entire storefront.

But again, if i order 20 items, and they add 20 2$ fees onto it, how is that "charging you less than it actually costs to ship this stuff." I dont pay for amazon to move inventory, or best buy, and i still get free shipping from both. Its a scam, plain and simple.
Well said.

Stores do ship to customers. They have been since last year.

Remember when SAVER was actual free shipping and handling?  Yes, stores are now sending out orders but this is something that can be easily incorporated into a Gamestop employees' current duties (especially considering how often I go into a store and see employees seemingly doing nothing or even worse just fucking around).  Not too mention their normal duties include finding and setting aside items for website orders that are to be picked up in store.  How much harder is it to take that item, place it in an envelope and send it out to be mailed?  Make no mistake about it, this "handling" fee is to defray the shipping cost as shipping individual packages per item can get mighty expensive.  Gamestop should stop lying to us and call it as such.

Not defending this but handling fee can include the time it takes for an employee to find, package and also the materials used to ship the package. That's why it's called a handling fee.

Not defending this but handling fee can include the time it takes for an employee to find, package and also the materials used to ship the package. That's why it's called a handling fee.
As I pointed out that's pretty much what they do when finding an order for in-store pick up and setting it aside (besides the packaging). Why don't they charge a handling fee on that? In reality it's a shipping fee since sending multiple packages from multiple stores can be expensive. They really should just stop with the "free shipping" bullshit. It's not free when you order from Gamestop.

There are plenty of things to be mad at Gamestop for. Charging a dollar to ship an item from a store to a customer is not one of them.

Meh - I can't do preorders.  As much as I'm curious about this game, none of the special stuff sounds all that great.

I'll wait and pick it up when it drops.  The Wii U is officially dead.  Can't imagine stores won't be looking to clear inventory as quickly as they can.

I have actually been checking Best Buy each day hoping for a restock and it happened yay! Kinda wish I put the Squid Sisters on that order but oh well.

Happy days :)

YES!!! Got an order in. I almost had a heart attack when i cancelled my amazon preorder to order at BB when it first went up, just to see it was OOS at BB!!!!

I tried to pre order and it was a no go. I printed up the kiosk receipt and they could not sell it. Why does Best Buy constantly do this?
From my experience, most collector editions are not meant to be rung up on their kiosks, but the game is still available online.

bread's done
Back