Wii U: Tokyo Mirage Sessions Fire Emblem Special Edition UP!

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
For us Fire Emblem fans who will buy anything ...

UPDATE: BB seems to have more in stock. I just checked out. So give it a shot. Click link below. 

UPDATE: BB is now out of stock. =(

UPDATE: This is up on BB now! So much for GS Amazon exclusive. Thanks gftgrill! 

LINK:: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition-nintendo-wii-u/5280030.p?id=bb5280030&skuId=5280030&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-zVvZlBVnzfmAV6tIkagnMw

UpdateAmazon is OOS.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EO1WURQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_1wchxbSYKV0X4

You can still purchase this from Gamestop. 

Earlier –

The Collector edition will only be sold at Gamestop and Amazon. 

Link to Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition/130255

For those who want more information: http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/20/11466822/nintendo-tokyo-mirage-sessions-special-edition-wii-u

WiiU_TokyoMirageSessions_FE_bundle.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the sell out was a Mirage.
It will probably come back. I've seen dozens of times where something sold out quick but ends up coming back.

I don't know if somethings get allotments in waves, or if they limit them initially till they get a solid number from distributer or what.

Game has such a weird name. Not as bad as Square Enix with their names though.

Here is hoping it comes back on Amazon. If not, I'll just get the regular edition from best buy and then buy the dlc. Don't care about the other stuff

I should be upset for missing this, especially with how fast it sold out, but I can't. Plus, seeing as I don't have prime, and will never pay $100 a year for it, it was never going to happen anyway. Now, do I keep my in-store pre-order at GameStop for the Special Edition and pay an extra $22.xx (including tax) since there's no discount whatsoever, wait for the regular edition to drop significantly, or skip the game all together?

I should be upset for missing this, especially with how fast it sold out, but I can't. Plus, seeing as I don't have prime, and will never pay $100 a year for it, it was never going to happen anyway. Now, do I keep my in-store pre-order at GameStop for the Special Edition and pay an extra $22.xx (including tax) since there's no discount whatsoever, wait for the regular edition to drop significantly, or skip the game all together?

You do realize you would at least break even on the cost of prime after all your preorders throughout the year, with the added benefit of release date shipping and one click preordering that doesn't charge until it ships right? Not to mention if you preorder more than 9 standard $60 games a year then you'll be saving additional money. Even less with CEs.

You do realize you would at least break even on the cost of prime after all your preorders throughout the year, with the added benefit of release date shipping and one click preordering that doesn't charge until it ships right? Not to mention if you preorder more than 9 standard $60 games a year then you'll be saving additional money. Even less with CEs.
I already have GCU, though. Set through November 2019. If prime was $50, I'd consider it. The benefits are nice, but in my opinion, not $100 nice.

I already have GCU, though. Set through November 2019. If prime was $50, I'd consider it. The benefits are nice, but in my opinion, not $100 nice.
I had a student prime account and though I didn't buy much from Amazon, for $50 it felt worth it. But that just expired, literally a day before this pre-order dropped :(. Now at $100 and already having GCU, it isn't worth it. There appears to be a month to month prime. I wonder if you could pay the $11 for that, get the 20%, get the 2-day shipping and then cancel before the month is up?

I managed to trade up to an amazon prime membership. Bought games from best buy, traded them into amazon. Trade games to gamestop and buy amazon gift cards. I know it ended up costing me less than $100 in the end

Add to that the movie/shows streaming which while not as good as Netflix, adds more value to the prime membership that GCU doesn't have. I have both memberships as I buy a lot and both pay for themselves with all the orders I do.

I had a student prime account and though I didn't buy much from Amazon, for $50 it felt worth it. But that just expired, literally a day before this pre-order dropped :(. Now at $100 and already having GCU, it isn't worth it. There appears to be a month to month prime. I wonder if you could pay the $11 for that, get the 20%, get the 2-day shipping and then cancel before the month is up?
You mean cancel and get the $11 back? Don't think that works. You can get a refund on Prime membership if you want to cancel right away, but only if you haven't used it yet. I had to do that last time my membership renewed. I didn't want to go for another year at $99 but it must have switched my settings to automatically renew (I know they do this, and it pisses me off). Fortunately they have a policy where it's pretty easy to get the $99 refunded back if you hadn't actually used your prime benefits yet. Didn't even have to talk to customer service, I was able to just get the refund with a few clicks. But like I said, that only works if you haven't used prime benefits yet.

Now if you just mean can we sign up for 1 month for $11, and then cancel going forward... I would certainly hope they let us do that. When they announced the monthly thing, my first thought was to just sign up in November... as that was about 90% of my activity on Amazon anyway (during black friday deals week). But many people might have the same thought, signing up just for that 1 or 2 month period. If it gets abused Amazon might have to adjust. I guess we'll see this year how that plays out.

Add to that the movie/shows streaming which while not as good as Netflix, adds more value to the prime membership that GCU doesn't have. I have both memberships as I buy a lot and both pay for themselves with all the orders I do.
I do think Amazon is about 80% as good as Netflix. Unfortunately I share Netflix with someone, who is absolutely not willing to drop it for Amazon just because of some of the exclusive shows and the overall better selection. I also have Hulu, which I actually find much better than either Netflix or Amazon for me personally - because it has some different TV shows, plus newer TV shows, and also has the Criterion channel which is really good for movies. This basically makes Amazon third wheel for me in streaming, and by 3rd wheel I mean I pretty much never used it at all.

Got a pre-order in for special edition at amazon but now that i look at it's contents  im not sure it's really worth the extra $20 for me.

You mean cancel and get the $11 back? Don't think that works. You can get a refund on Prime membership if you want to cancel right away, but only if you haven't used it yet. I had to do that last time my membership renewed. I didn't want to go for another year at $99 but it must have switched my settings to automatically renew (I know they do this, and it pisses me off). Fortunately they have a policy where it's pretty easy to get the $99 refunded back if you hadn't actually used your prime benefits yet. Didn't even have to talk to customer service, I was able to just get the refund with a few clicks. But like I said, that only works if you haven't used prime benefits yet.

Now if you just mean can we sign up for 1 month for $11, and then cancel going forward... I would certainly hope they let us do that. When they announced the monthly thing, my first thought was to just sign up in November... as that was about 90% of my activity on Amazon anyway (during black friday deals week). But many people might have the same thought, signing up just for that 1 or 2 month period. If it gets abused Amazon might have to adjust. I guess we'll see this year how that plays out.
Just to be clear, I meant the second one. Yeah, like you, most of the stuff I ordered was around black friday. I don't really need prime all the time, especially for $100 a year and the fact that you can price match thier stuff at like walmart, target and BBY.

More on topic I'm curious if this will be like Xenoblades chronicles X special edition. Didn't that sell out initially, but now you can still buy it from amazon?

More on topic I'm curious if this will be like Xenoblades chronicles X special edition. Didn't that sell out initially, but now you can still buy it from amazon?
Holy crap, didn't realize that's still in stock and still priced too high. One of my bigger CE regrets. I wanted it b/c I thought the game was gonna be badass but after playing for a few hours, I just stopped and went back to Fallout 4. It simply didn't draw me in like the original did.

Yes and at Best Buy too but they are most likely all the rejected beat up ones. The packaging was too fragile, just like this one will be. If you want one of these in good condition at MSRP, your best bet is at launch.

Game has such a weird name. Not as bad as Square Enix with their names though.

Here is hoping it comes back on Amazon. If not, I'll just get the regular edition from best buy and then buy the dlc. Don't care about the other stuff
It doesnt top, htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary

Prime is $11 a month. If you bought prime for a month with #FE CE then you just made all of your month back. =D

Yes and at Best Buy too but they are most likely all the rejected beat up ones. The packaging was too fragile, just like this one will be. If you want one of these in good condition at MSRP, you're best bet is at launch.
I can confirm this from 3 bestbuys and a few gamestops my friend and i went to find a good condition copy. They were all damaged in some way.

its one per person this time as well. Cannot do more than 1 order either. (no I didn't want 2 I just wanted to check if it was limited quantities)

I got one and then cancelled it. Think I'm just going to the regular edition + DLC. Xenoblade X special edition was terrible and I regret getting it.

Let's say I pre order this right now with prime, but when the game comes out, I don't have Prime anymore. Will I still get it at the discounted price?

Let's say I pre order this right now with prime, but when the game comes out, I don't have Prime anymore. Will I still get it at the discounted price?
Yes. As long as you had prime when you preordered, you will get the same price and shipping speed.

bread's done
Back