Wii's in Best Buy Sunday ad for 12/02/07

[quote name='Bune']thanks for the laugh. did you really think that just because your store doesn't have 90 Wii's that his doesn't either?[/QUOTE]

Hey dumbass, My system can check how many wii's each store has and noone gets past over 50 EVER ,and the ad clearly says 18 per store.

my store has currently 32 but do you honestly think we'll offer them all in one day? buisness doesn't work like that jackass.

wow. is it that time of the month? nowhere in your post did you mention that you were omniscient so bite me.

plus, my business/marketing degree says that business does work that way.

[quote name='Bune']wow. is it that time of the month? nowhere in your post did you mention that you were omniscient so bite me.

plus, my business/marketing degree says that business does work that way.[/quote]

I would tend to agree with this...It's not like it hasn't happened before, with, you know, every retailer out there, including Best Buy. Just because the dude works at a store doesn't make him an authority...hell, most BB employees I've ever encountered are troubled to spell the word "League"...

[quote name='redline']I don't get that either. Nintendo basically repackages the Gamecube and adds a gimmicky controller, and people go nuts over it. Go figure. Good for them though, I was worried they would pull a Sega and exit the console market after the poor support for the Cube.[/QUOTE]

Trying to get people to bite on this or are you really that uninformed? If you knew anything about the video game industry you would have known they weren't "pulling a sega" so to say.

damnit I bit...

[quote name='Zhanmadao']Hey dumbass, My system can check how many wii's each store has and noone gets past over 50 EVER ,and the ad clearly says 18 per store.

my store has currently 32 but do you honestly think we'll offer them all in one day? buisness doesn't work like that jackass.[/QUOTE]

I don't even work at BB and I know that more popular locations have stocked more than 50. On top of that, the ads always say a "minimum" number. i.e. the minimum a store will get is 18.

wtf. :lol:

[quote name='Zhanmadao']Hey dumbass, My system can check how many wii's each store has and noone gets past over 50 EVER ,and the ad clearly says 18 per store.

my store has currently 32 but do you honestly think we'll offer them all in one day? buisness doesn't work like that jackass.[/QUOTE]

Hey dumbass, I'm Jesus Christ your lord and savior and I can tell you you're wrong.

On that note if I don't get a Wii this weekend I'm sending the ten plagues of Egypt down on your city.

Ok, my cousin is thinking of lining up tomorrow morning at either Best Buy or TRU here in Atlanta to get a Wii. What time should she probably get into line in order to get one? Would getting in line at 7 am be good enough, or should she line up earlier?

[quote name='RBH']Ok, my cousin is thinking of lining up tomorrow morning at either Best Buy or TRU here in Atlanta to get a Wii. What time should she probably get into line in order to get one? Would getting in line at 7 am be good enough, or should she line up earlier?[/quote]

Yeah 7 or 8 should be fine. depends what time they open.

can't believe everything is so hard to find. Even the stupid Wii Zappers are sold out and going for double the price on ebay. Gotta love capitalism, until you are looking for one and can't find one. Then they can all burn in hell....

[quote name='VipFREAK']Stupid question... does Wii Sports come with the Wii or do you have to buy it separate? I can't find any info on this.[/QUOTE]

Wii Sports come with the Wii.

[quote name='Demontooth']I'm in a tent in front of Best Buy right now.[/QUOTE]

wii_line-788217.jpg

wiidiculous!

You guys have to remember, Circuit City is also getting Wiis, according to our ads that are posted...so there will be people lining up at Circuit City as well as Best Buy, depending on how many each store gets and the location, obviously.

[quote name='wbc1228']Wii Sports come with the Wii.[/quote]

Oh ok.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']What sucks is 3/4 of the people buying wii's are just gonna put them on freaking ebay..[/quote]

lol, yeah...

[quote name='Chitown021']Is that a current picture of people already lining up for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

no, from an old line up

but it might as well be from the future

haha

It'll be hell frozen over if that pic was taken in a LA location (it doesn't snow in California), lol :whistle2:D

Anyway, it will be cold @ 5am...otherwise if I see people camping tonight, gonna pick up a blanket on the way.

[quote name='RBH']Ok, my cousin is thinking of lining up tomorrow morning at either Best Buy or TRU here in Atlanta to get a Wii. What time should she probably get into line in order to get one? Would getting in line at 7 am be good enough, or should she line up earlier?[/quote]be sure to let us know how it goes and where you're at some of us may join you.

[quote name='Fatal Snipe']Is there a limit? B/C I need 2[/quote]

Most stores are very strict and only allow one per customer. In fact some check ID's and make it one per family.

if worse comes to worse, you can always reserve one at your local EB/GS, put $50 down and then when it comes into stock they call you and you have 48 hours to pick it up before they sell it.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I might stroll on by about 9:30 and see if I can get one.[/quote]
same
with the sleety weather to come, theres no way im standing outside for too long just to get a couple of wiis

esp. when i just want to put them on ebay

[quote name='omgu8myrice']same
with the sleety weather to come, theres no way im standing outside for too long just to get a couple of wiis

esp. when i just want to put them on ebay[/quote]

Ah, can you feel the holiday CAG spirit?

[quote name='Plinko']Ah, can you feel the holiday CAG spirit?[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of profit. That would pay for my kids' entire Christmas, the profit to be made off of one Wii.

My plan was to find some. The first two would pay for Christmas, then if I found anymore I'd be selling here for cost +$5.

You could do a BIN for $500, make a huge profit, and still come in a lot less than Amazon or the regular auctions. I told myself two months ago I should have been on the lookout, but I never got around to it.

I can't say I'm the model of morality, but there are worse things than paying for Christmas.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's a lot of profit. That would pay for my kids' entire Christmas, the profit to be made off of one Wii.

My plan was to find some. The first two would pay for Christmas, then if I found anymore I'd be selling here for cost +$5.

You could do a BIN for $500, make a huge profit, and still come in a lot less than Amazon or the regular auctions. I told myself two months ago I should have been on the lookout, but I never got around to it.

I can't say I'm the model of morality, but there are worse things than paying for Christmas.[/quote]

Don't feel like you have to justify for wanting to sell to other people, the Wii was on most Craigslist thruout most of the US for a good part of the year for under $300 many times during the year, Nintendo also told people months ago that if they wanted one, and saw it in the store, that they should buy it, not to expect it to be there later, they were on the shelves at 4 pm on a Sunday at Target (in So. CA !) just about a month or so ago, so these people don't have anyone to blame but themselves

i cant scalp wiis , my local craigslist only lists for $300 thats only a $20 profit, not worth my time.

but i bought my own 2 weeks ago, and i love it.

good luck to those who actually want it for gaming.

We have an snow storm here in Detroit but the roads should be clear enough for me to show up out there around 9:30 tomorrow morning. The insurance company was supposed to replace it like they are doing my 360 but they said they could not replace it until after january due to limited avaliability. The funny part is they just gave me the money to replace it my self but they had it valued at $348 due to the scarcity.

Just got back from my local Target and the guy I know in video games says he can't tell me they have Wii systems for tomorrow, and showed me a location check on his gun showing none, but then said, but I know where they are here.
OK, enough with the guessing.
Another source, friend from TRU said they'll have them 12/2.
So, I'm thinking the standard 4 (Best Buy, C.City, TRU, and Target) will have them tomorrow.

If anyone has online links to these store's advertisements now, that come out in tomorrow's papers, we can probably verify.

[quote name='GCrusher']Just got back from my local Target and the guy I know in video games says he can't tell me they have Wii systems for tomorrow, and showed me a location check on his gun showing none, but then said, but I know where they are here.
OK, enough with the guessing.
Another source, friend from TRU said they'll have them 12/2.
So, I'm thinking the standard 4 (Best Buy, C.City, TRU, and Target) will have them tomorrow.

If anyone has online links to these store's advertisements now, that come out in tomorrow's papers, we can probably verify.[/quote]

The ad doesnt show em at target, so I he is probably right. Might get some midweek maybe

I'm always in Target buying my games because their so close to my work; the Electronics manager said not this weekend but they're expecting a shipment week that'll go on ad-hold for the following weekend (12/9). However, speedy said they're not in the ad next week, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

So can someone please explain to me why people still want this, and why it is always sold out?

Is it

A) For your kids
B) For eBay resale

?

[quote name='Brymo']So can someone please explain to me why people still want this, and why it is always sold out?

Is it

A) For your kids
B) For eBay resale

?[/QUOTE]

mine is for my nephew, and to keep my Mom from going insane trying to find one in her area (VA)

So can someone please explain to me why people still want this, and why it is always sold out?
The answer is profit or for someone else (friend or family). I imagine any CAG'er that wanted one for themselves at this point probably already has one.

As for why it's sold-out...umm....they ran out of supply? :D

But seriously...they ran out of supply.

I struck out today. I got in line today at 7:45am and my store had 45 in stock. My wife and I were #46. We need to get one for the nephews so hopefully I will get the opportunity to wait again next Sunday however I am going much earlier next week if they have them in thier ad.

I refuse to buy one off ebay. Even though I promised them one I will not perpertuate the very reason why I cannot purchase one at a brick and mortar store. Out of the 45 my BB had I will bet more than 50% will be ebayed.

I was disgusted as we were walking back to my car a couple piled into their car with two vouchers in hand that they had handed out. Weak. I only need one.

I hate people that flip them. I especially hate people that already own a wii and buy another one to flip. just one of the many problems besides emo music in today's society

yea same problem i had today i woke up at 630 got up to best buy at 645 waited in the rain til 845 and they only had 35 and i was number 41, just my luck. so if they should have more i'll be there at 4am cause i'm trying to also get one for my nephews i got all the wii motes and nunchuks games and all just nothing for them to play it on.

Got to the store at 7:45, found a friend of mine at the end of the line.. our store had 89 Wiis and I was #45

Got the Wii, Wii Play, an extra nunchuck and Super Mario Galaxy

I went to BB to get CoD4 adjusted to match CC, and man, the Wii-Rage was in full effect. There was a woman who was just unreasonable, that had to be restrained from going after the GM, screaming about 'illegal business tactics' and 'false advertising' (you'd have thought she was at CC), and how she would report him to the "better business bureau' who will 'take away' their 'license' (whatever that means...ha!). She yelled at every BB employee (the first time I've ever felt bad for a BB employee) she could find about how they, personally, will ruin christmas for her kids. You gotta love unreasonable, irresponsible parenting.

The store handed out tickets to people in line after midnight...and told them to go home and come back between 10-11am. There was a line outside the store in the cold and rain waiting, and none of those people had tickets - so the one thing I will say is that they should have made an announcement so people didn't have to stand in that crap...other than that, I'm sure that GM at BB is not getting paid enough to listen to 40 people scream about their kids and ruined dreams and blah blah blah because they aren't the early bird. The guy stood up on a chair and yelled "If you don't have a ticket, do not get in line for a Wii, do not get in line to complain, and do not disrupt the other customers. Call 1-888-BestBuy if you want to complain." Which just set them off further :applause:

bread's done
Back