Windows Phone & Windows 8 Deal Thread

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Windows Phone and Windows 8 Deal Thread

One Xbox game for Windows Phone and a different one for Windows 8 goes on sale every seven days as part of the weekly Red Stripe Deals. The Red Stripe Deals change every Thursday. Red Stripe Deals are open to all Windows Phone and Windows 8 owners.

Xbox Windows Phone Red Stripe Deal of the Week
January 23

• Collapse - $2.99 $.99

Windows Phone Price Drops - Updated 04/02/13

WP7 Xbox Live Release Schedule - Titles listed from oldest to newest
2011 release dates
  • March 02, 2011 - I Love Katamari - $6.99
  • March 09 - Burn it All - $2.99
  • March 16 - Full House Poker - $2.99
  • March 23 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - $2.99
  • March 30 - Fable Coin Golf - $4.99
  • April 6 - Super Monkey Ball - $4.99
  • April 13 - Centipede - $2.99, Harbor Master - $2.99
  • April 20 - Asteroids Deluxe - $2.99
  • April 27 - Pitfall! - $2.99
  • May 4 - Enigmo - $2.99
  • May 11 - Lunar Lander - $2.99
  • May 18 - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $6.99
  • May 25 - Hydro Thunder Go - $4.99
  • June 1 - Doodle Jump - $2.99
  • June 8 - geoDefense - $2.99
  • June 15 - Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - $6.99
  • June 22 - Plants vs Zombies - $4.99
  • June 29 - Angry Birds - $2.99
  • July 6 - Twin Blades - $2.99
  • July 13 - Beards and Beaks - $2.99, Nokia exclusive: Mirror's Edge - $2.99
  • July 20 - Tentacles - $4.99
  • July 27 - Sally's Salon Luxury Edition - $4.99
  • August 3 - Cro-Mag Rally - $2.99
  • August 10 - Minesweeper and Sudoku - Free!
  • August 17 - IonBallEX - $2.99
  • August 24 - No US release
  • August 31 - Fight Game Rivals - $2.99
  • September 7 - Gravity Guy - $2.99
  • September 14 - Collapse! - $2.99
  • September 21 - Implode! - $2.99
  • September 28 - Burn the Rope! - $2.99
  • October 19 - Jet Car Stunts - $2.99
  • October 25 - Orbital - $2.99
  • November 2 - Kinectimals - $2.99
  • November 9 - Fusion: Sentient - $2.99.
  • November 16 - Let's Golf 2 - $4.99
  • November 21 - Farm Frenzy 2 - $2.99
  • November 28 - Ghostscape - $2.99, Shuffle Party - Free
  • December 7 - Hasta la Muerte - $2.99
  • December 14 - Battlewagon - $2.99, Doodle God - $2.99, Breeze - Free
  • December 21 - MiniSquadron - $2.99
  • December 28 - Spider Jack - $2.99

2012 release dates

• January 4, 2012 - Zombies on teh Phone - $2.99
  • January 11 - Bug Village - Free
  • January 18 - TextTwist 2 - $2.99
  • January 26 - Fragger - $2.99
  • February 1 - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $4.99
  • February 8 - Bullet Asylum - $2.99
  • February 15 - Chickens Can't Fly - $2.99
  • February 22 - Splinter Cell: Conviction - $4.99
  • February 29 - Toy Soldiers Boot Camp - $2.99
  • March 7 - Dodonpachi Maximum - $4.99
  • March 14 - Gerbil Physics - $2.99
  • March 21 - PES 2012 - $4.99
  • March 28 - iStunt 2 - $2.99
  • April 4 - Civilization Revolution - $2.99
  • April 11 - Pirates! - $2.99
  • April 18 - Monster Island - $2.99 (pulled)
  • April 25 - Wordament - Free!
  • May 2 - Pac-Man Kart Rally $2.99
  • May 9 - Feed Me Oil - $.99
  • May 16 - geoDefense Swarm - $2.99
  • May 23 - Droplitz Delight - $.99
  • May 30 - MonstaFish - $.99
  • June 6 Battleship - $2.99
  • June 13 Final Fantasy - $6.99
  • June 20 Fling - $.99
  • June 27 Super Monkey Ball 2 - $2.99
  • July 4 - Mush - $2.99
  • July 11 - Gun Bros - Free
  • July 18 - Contract Killer - Free, Lode Runner Classic - $2.99
  • July 25 - Asphalt 5 - $2.99
  • August 1 - Pool Pro Online 3 - $2.99
  • August 8 - Sally's Spa - $2.99
  • August 15 - Little Acorns - $2.99
  • August 22 - Shoot1UP - $2.99
  • August 29 - Roll in the Hole - $.99
  • September 5 - Galaga Legions DX - $6.99
  • September 12 - Crimson Dragon Side Story - $.99
  • September 19 - Contre Jour - $2.99
  • September 26 - Real Soccer - $2.99
  • October 3 - Extraction - $.99
  • October 10 - Babel Rising 3D $2.99
  • October 17 - Cracking Sands - $2.99
  • October 24 - Carcassonne - $2.99
  • October 31 - Big Buck Hunter Pro - $2.99
  • November 7 - Cut the Rope - $.99
  • November 9 - Nokia Exclusives: Game of Life, Jet Set Go, Parking Mania (all $2.99)
  • November 14 - Sonic CD - $4.99
  • November 20 - Nokia Exclusives: Spy Mouse, Trivial Pursuit (all $2.99)
  • November 21 - Turn N Run - $.99
  • December 4 - AlphaJax - Free
  • December 19 - KenKen - $4.99
  • December 21 - Nokia Exclusive: iBomber Defense - $2.99

Check out post # 2 for more info about Windows Phone games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nCogNeato']Great read, Paul.

Now it looks like I'm going to have to hold onto my WP7 even longer to complete the games I've bought that won't be compatible with WP8. With the little time I have to actually play, looks like I won't be moving to WP8 as soon as I hoped. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Thanks man!

Getting a WP8 phone while keeping your old one is also an option. That's what I've done, as I have several games left to beat and WP7-specific games keep coming along.

I have a whopping 26 wp7 games, lol. I've kind of gotten away from my WP as of late though. Now that I'm back on the night shift it's easier for me to play my vita. For the next month though, I'll be back on the day shift and the WP.

sucks they're killing off dotw yet again. Even if it is only for a few weeks. How much time does it really take to get a deal together? Tbh, I'm not even sure I'm that impressed enough with what WP has to offer. With the lack of a lot of apps that ios and android have, and my gaming on the go interests, I might not even move up to wp8. They still have til Sept to change my mind though. Hopefully they get some developer support rolling in for games and apps.

I'm kind of glad the DOTW is taking a break, I'll be in the UK for 3 weeks in December and can't buy games there, at least I won't miss anything now.

[quote name='eastx']Cool Benjamouth! What's the occasion for the trip?[/QUOTE]

I always go back to the UK for the holidays so I can visit the family.

Looks like only some of the games from the Black Friday deal are still on sale... Cracking Sands, Carcassonne and Mush seem to be on sale still.

[quote name='eastx']Thanks man!

Getting a WP8 phone while keeping your old one is also an option. That's what I've done, as I have several games left to beat and WP7-specific games keep coming along.[/QUOTE]

Paul, is it possible to link two phones to your GT to unlock achievements?

You are able to pick up your WP8 play a game, get achievement, and immediatly pick up and play your wp7 phone and get an achievement?
Curious because I was going to do the same thing.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Paul, is it possible to link two phones to your GT to unlock achievements?

You are able to pick up your WP8 play a game, get achievement, and immediatly pick up and play your wp7 phone and get an achievement?
Curious because I was going to do the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's correct. You need to set your old device to airplane mode and then enable Wi-Fi and it will work fine. You could have 10 handsets with your Gamertag and there'd be no problem.

Benjamouth, do you actually come from the UK? I might have to start imagining your comments with a British accent! I don't see why you couldn't buy games over Wi-Fi using your credit card though, unless you just prefer not to do that.

[quote name='eastx']Yes, that's correct. You need to set your old device to airplane mode and then enable Wi-Fi and it will work fine. You could have 10 handsets with your Gamertag and there'd be no problem.

Benjamouth, do you actually come from the UK? I might have to start imagining your comments with a British accent! I don't see why you couldn't buy games over Wi-Fi using your credit card though, unless you just prefer not to do that.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. THank you good sir. :)

[quote name='eastx']
Benjamouth, do you actually come from the UK? I might have to start imagining your comments with a British accent! I don't see why you couldn't buy games over Wi-Fi using your credit card though, unless you just prefer not to do that.[/QUOTE]

I do indeed (been in the states about 7 years now), and I do sport a British accent:)

Yeah I could do that, but I'm nervous about associating my credit card with my phone because I don't want to end up with a credit card associated with my Live account, especially after that FIFA 12 debacle.

Probably sounds a bit paranoid but there it is.

[quote name='benjamouth']I do indeed (been in the states about 7 years now), and I do sport a British accent:)

Yeah I could do that, but I'm nervous about associating my credit card with my phone because I don't want to end up with a credit card associated with my Live account, especially after that FIFA 12 debacle.

Probably sounds a bit paranoid but there it is.[/QUOTE]

As someone who's had their Live account broken into twice due to the FIFA debacle, I can assure you that you're not being paranoid. Twice I had a sum of 4000+ MS points sucked away and spent on FIFA Ultimate Teams. And despite me never even playing the game, MS refused to refund me back and denied that there was any suspicious activity. They're lucky they make the only phone OS I actually like, or I'd cut ties with them altogether.

I can't get over hoe awesome the Lumia 920 is. Coming from the POS LG Quantum, this thing is amazing. Highly recommended for anyone in the market for a new Windows Phone.

[quote name='seanr1221']Any word why we never got Alphajax?

They better not just make that the game for next Wednesday and then give us nothing else.[/QUOTE]

I asked the devs to email me but they never did. :(

[quote name='captaintek3304']As someone who's had their Live account broken into twice due to the FIFA debacle, I can assure you that you're not being paranoid. Twice I had a sum of 4000+ MS points sucked away and spent on FIFA Ultimate Teams. And despite me never even playing the game, MS refused to refund me back and denied that there was any suspicious activity. They're lucky they make the only phone OS I actually like, or I'd cut ties with them altogether.[/QUOTE]

MS refunded my money?

Most people I know who have had their accounts cracked were met with success when dealing with Microsoft, but it doesn't always work out for everyone.

[quote name='eastx']I asked the devs to email me but they never did. :([/QUOTE]

Dang :(

If you have time, you should reach out to Halfbrick. I'm curious when Jetpack Joyride is coming, especially since its already on Windows 8.

Also ask them what ever happened to Age of Zombies. :bouncy:

[quote name='seanr1221']Dang :(

If you have time, you should reach out to Halfbrick. I'm curious when Jetpack Joyride is coming, especially since its already on Windows 8.

Also ask them what ever happened to Age of Zombies. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Jetpack Joyride is one of my favorite all time mobile games. Shame it's never made it to WP, and kind of weird since Halfbrick seems to have a pretty good relationship with MS.

AlphaJax is out, 6 days late/1 day early

Have 2 games going at the moment, neither of the other guys have actually played a word yet. Looks like a lot of the achievements can be earned locally in the "Pass & Play" mode so that is good.

Also, as far as I can tell, the game doesn't penalize for bad words, it just lets you play another word. Just like Wordfeud, I won't be playing too much of this because of that. All my friends I played Wordfeud with seem to think it's okay to spam words until something works, instead of, ya know, playing words they actually know.

At WPCentral we're starting a push to make article headlines more interesting in order to catch more readers... They even want this to extend to reviews. So instead of "Wordament Review" or "Wordament: Xbox Windows Phone Review", I'd have to use headlines like "Wordament will put your word finding skills to the test."

Do you guys think this is a good idea? If not, could you give me some good reasons why? I'd like to make a case that it's bad and will make reviews harder to discern from other content, but I'm having trouble putting it into words.

Also, send me AlphaJax invites!

My wife and I are having a lot of fun with AlphaJax so far. I didn't realize that it's a "by post" kind of game, which I really like. It's just nice not having to worry about time constraints and focusing all of my attention on a word game when I'm trying to do other things. I'm playing, like, five different games at once completely at my leisure. Good stuff.

[quote name='eastx']At WPCentral we're starting a push to make article headlines more interesting in order to catch more readers... They even want this to extend to reviews. So instead of "Wordament Review" or "Wordament: Xbox Windows Phone Review", I'd have to use headlines like "Wordament will put your word finding skills to the test."

Do you guys think this is a good idea? If not, could you give me some good reasons why? I'd like to make a case that it's bad and will make reviews harder to discern from other content, but I'm having trouble putting it into words.

Also, send me AlphaJax invites![/QUOTE]
I can't really say I necessarily have any good reasons, but I don't like "catchy" titles simply because I think they sound dumb. A lot of Nintendolife readers praise their reviews for the pun-filled taglines they use, but it makes me groan. It feels so forced and uninspired. And do that with actual titles is even worse, especially for reviews. I totally agree that it keeps the titles from sounding out. In your example, it sounds like you're merely showcasing Wordament to bring it to people's attention; it doesn't imply a review at all.

I'm sure some kind of compromise can be made. Maybe label the article as a review, but include a subtitle. You know, something like "Wordament Review: Put your word finding skills to the test." I dunno, I guess I'm not much help, but at least you can say you have one vote for simple, to-the-point titles.

Does anyone know if AlphaJax uses cloud saving like Wordament?

While were at it, does anyone have a complete list of Xbox LIVE WP games that use cloud saving? I know there can't be many. I'm just trying to prioritize my backlog before upgrading to WP8.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I'm sure some kind of compromise can be made. Maybe label the article as a review, but include a subtitle. You know, something like "Wordament Review: Put your word finding skills to the test."[/QUOTE]

ZombieToast took the words right out of my mouth. Subtitles are the way to go. Basically every video game review website I read uses subtitles, either in the actual title or in the subheader.

I definitely think the word "review" needs to be in the title. For example, I like Gamespot's reviews but I hate pretty much everything else that site does, with their constant streams and videos and lack of actual "news" coverage. So I just look for the articles with the words "review" in them. Not saying I do that at WP Central, but there definitely could be readers that do.

Thanks guys! Looks like the subtitle think worked out. Today's review:

Jet Set Go Review: Leaving on a jet plane...

Tyler, the people you're complaining about use solver websites, which is a form of cheating. Guessing isn't bad in and of itself IMO because you can only guess short words that have relatively low impact on the game. But using a solver, you can build crazy long words that nobody could ever think of on their own. I've had 2 'friends' do this to me already since the game went live, and I want to strike them.

[quote name='tylerh1701']AlphaJax is out, 6 days late/1 day early

Have 2 games going at the moment, neither of the other guys have actually played a word yet. Looks like a lot of the achievements can be earned locally in the "Pass & Play" mode so that is good.

Also, as far as I can tell, the game doesn't penalize for bad words, it just lets you play another word. Just like Wordfeud, I won't be playing too much of this because of that. All my friends I played Wordfeud with seem to think it's okay to spam words until something works, instead of, ya know, playing words they actually know.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I play and utilize words I know with wordfeud. I love wordfeud personally. Play that game with my family. My wife loss all her enthusiasm playing with me because I win every time. I should have probably allowed her to chalk up a few wins....

I have to admit I cheated once playing wordament in spanish in my attempt towards an achievement, but decided against doing it again. I did not like cheating others and my attempt failed anyway.

I have yet to play alpha Jax. Reading comments about the game made me lose all my enthusiasm to play. Plus my phone is starting to behave like a teenager and won't do what I want it to do. It would have been perfect if I could transfer my game data so I can try a hard reset.

[quote name='eastx']Thanks guys! Looks like the subtitle think worked out. Today's review:

Jet Set Go Review: Leaving on a jet plane...

Tyler, the people you're complaining about use solver websites, which is a form of cheating. Guessing isn't bad in and of itself IMO because you can only guess short words that have relatively low impact on the game. But using a solver, you can build crazy long words that nobody could ever think of on their own. I've had 2 'friends' do this to me already since the game went live, and I want to strike them.[/QUOTE]

I hate people who cheat too. But I'm talking something like the word LOOK, where the K is two spaces away from a triple word score. Some people I've played with will play things like ZAK, ZEK, ZIK, ZOK, ZUK, JAK, JEK, JIK, JOK, JUK until the game accepts one of those stupid ass words and gives the person like 60 points. That's what frustrates me.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Hey now, I play and utilize words I know with wordfeud.
I have to admit I cheated once playing wordament while playing spanish in my attempt towards an achievement.

I have yet to play alpha Jax. Reading comments about the game made me lose all my enthusiasm to play. Plus my phone is starting to behave like a teenager and won't do what I want it to do. It would have been perfect if I could transfer my game data so I can try a hard reset.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, I don't recall having any problems playing against you. Except that I lost a lot, that sucked. ;)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I hate people who cheat too. But I'm talking something like the word LOOK, where the K is two spaces away from a triple word score. Some people I've played with will play things like ZAK, ZEK, ZIK, ZOK, ZUK, JAK, JEK, JIK, JOK, JUK until the game accepts one of those stupid ass words and gives the person like 60 points. That's what frustrates me.

Haha yeah, I don't recall having any problems playing against you. Except that I lost a lot, that sucked. ;)[/QUOTE]

I was always getting slaughtered until I began to always look for the TW, TL, DL, etc. What sucks is the ability to get stuck with all vowels or consonants. The other thing I do not like is there are several words wordfeud does not recognize that it should, imo.

i just started playing let's Golf 2 and so far I have enjoyed it. I love hot shots golf and that title is the reason I take out the psp sporadicaly. I just wish it was possible to 100% the achievements.

I already played with 2 different players that used a solver because there is no way that in every turn are you gonna get 50+ points on random words that most people have no clue what they mean.Its a shame that people can't play the game for fun.

I haven't run into any cheaters yet...at least I don't think so. So far, nobody has gone over four letters, which is almost worse than cheating because I can't put my freakin' tiles anywhere. And I'm really starting to wish that we could opt out of random matchmaking. I'm being bombarded with push notifications now, but I don't want to turn them off 'cause then I won't know when my opponents move. Also, maybe it's stupid, but I kinda feel like a jerk when I reject people's game requests...and I woke up with 16 new requests this morning...

Also, has anyone seen Nokia's stock today? I'm so tempted to sell, but I have a feeling it will go up even more. But we need money and I'm not sure if we can wait until the quarterly report.

Le gasp, Tyler gave me my first rejection! That cuts deep, man. Seriously, though, I kinda wish a few other people would've rejected me. I was going for the Invite achievement and now I have too many games going, but I don't want to back out of any of them. It is nice to see how active Windows Phone actually is, though.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Le gasp, Tyler gave me my first rejection! That cuts deep, man. Seriously, though, I kinda wish a few other people would've rejected me. I was going for the Invite achievement and now I have too many games going, but I don't want to back out of any of them. It is nice to see how active Windows Phone actually is, though.[/QUOTE]

Haha sorry about that man. Just like you said in your previous post, it feels bad to reject people, but I've had close to 20 invites in the last 24 hours. I decided to limit my active games to 5 at a time, so I've just been rejecting all other invites.

No worries; like I said, it was mainly just for the achievement anyway. I've had about 30 invitations since downloading this last night, so I'm doing the same thing (mass rejecting). Heck, I really only intended on playing with my wife, but it's kinda fun to play with a few people throughout the day.

AlphaJax may be the best free game on WP. I love Scrabble. Just wish didn't have to wait so long between turns when playing some people. But pass n play is a plus.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Does anyone know if AlphaJax uses cloud saving like Wordament?

While were at it, does anyone have a complete list of Xbox LIVE WP games that use cloud saving? I know there can't be many.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

Ok, AlphaJax got way too annoying. People play too infrequently, yet I get tons of new game invites (in the middle of the night). I had to turn my Xbox notifications off. :(

They shouldn't have allowed people to just "start new games" with anyone. It should've been something like this:
1) User requests random opponent
2) If any open games (i.e. a game where opponent has made his first move), join that
3) If not, create new game and make your first move (therefore, next person who requests a random opponent will join your game)

It seems like when you request a random opponent, it's just grabbing any random gamertag and starting a new game :\

[quote name='zohar']Ok, AlphaJax got way too annoying. People play too infrequently, yet I get tons of new game invites (in the middle of the night). I had to turn my Xbox notifications off. :([/QUOTE]
You know, you can turn off push notifications within the game. That way, it only notifies you while you have the game running (or not at all). Just take a look at the settings. It kinda defeats the purpose, but the option is there.

[quote name='zohar']2) If any open games (i.e. a game where opponent has made his first move), join that
3) If not, create new game and make your first move (therefore, next person who requests a random opponent will join your game)[/QUOTE]
I would like this as an added option. In a way, I like the random game requests. It almost makes me feel popular. Ha ha. But I do agree that they can get annoying and it would be nice if you could opt out of the automated matchmaking.

Also, I think there should be a time limit if there isn't one already. It's great that everyone can play at their own pace, but if someone decides to never finish a game, your stuck with it in My Games. If you want to get rid of the clutter, you have to resign and take a negative mark on your stats. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice if games are ended after a couple of weeks (or a month) of inactivity. Maybe you could set an agreed-upon limit within each individual game. Or they could set up a reminder system so that if you've been waiting long enough (a minimum of 48 hours perhaps), you can send a reminder to your opponent and if they don't make a move within a week, the game automatically ends. It would be allowed no more than once per turn, of course, to minimize potential harassment. Just a thought.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Also, I think there should be a time limit if there isn't one already. It's great that everyone can play at their own pace, but if someone decides to never finish a game, your stuck with it in My Games. If you want to get rid of the clutter, you have to resign and take a negative mark on your stats. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice if games are ended after a couple of weeks (or a month) of inactivity. Maybe you could set an agreed-upon limit within each individual game. Or they could set up a reminder system so that if you've been waiting long enough (a minimum of 48 hours perhaps), you can send a reminder to your opponent and if they don't make a move within a week, the game automatically ends. It would be allowed no more than once per turn, of course, to minimize potential harassment. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

You don't automatically win the game after 72 hours of inactivity? That's how Wordament is, it's real nice. I assumed this was the same, I have 2 games with 48 hours of inactivity, so I assumed I'd automatically "win" those games sometime tomorrow.

Also, I'd love to see other modes in this game. Like a 5 minute time limit mode that you can enter with someone, if you want to actually sit down and play the game for a while.

Well looks like no Deal of the Week again so can anyone recommend me some 99Cent games was thinking like SpiderJack or Connect 4 but i don't know got about 5Dollars to throw away so shoot me some games i should try..

[quote name='MiXmAsTaRoB']Well looks like no Deal of the Week again so can anyone recommend me some 99Cent games was thinking like SpiderJack or Connect 4 but i don't know got about 5Dollars to throw away so shoot me some games i should try..[/QUOTE]

There won't be any DotW's til after the new year.

I recommend any of the non-Nokia exclusive $0.99 games. I've played almost all of them and enjoyed them all enough to recommend them.

My favorite 99 centers:
Cut the Rope
Crimson Dragon
Little Acorns
Feed Me Oil
Chickens Can't Fly
Spider Jack
Battlewagon (most people hated it but I really enjoyed it)
Ionball EX
Deer Hunter 3D
Fruit Ninja
Max & the Magic Marker

Nice may try battlewagon demo and looks like spiderjack for sure since I enjoyed cut the rope... And the rest of the list I almost have except ionball ex thanks for the suggestion and the tip why no deal of the week

[quote name='tylerh1701']You don't automatically win the game after 72 hours of inactivity? That's how Wordament is, it's real nice. I assumed this was the same, I have 2 games with 48 hours of inactivity, so I assumed I'd automatically "win" those games sometime tomorrow.

Also, I'd love to see other modes in this game. Like a 5 minute time limit mode that you can enter with someone, if you want to actually sit down and play the game for a while.[/QUOTE]
Well, I don't know, there might be an auto-win. I actually haven't had a game stay inactive long enough to find out; I just assumed it had been neglected. Which reminds me...it would also be nice if I didn't have to exit the game and then start it again for My Turns to refresh. Not sure if this is a problem with the servers or the game itself, but it's annoying. I also have problems with push notifications not going off at times. Today, they wouldn't come up when my phone was "sleeping" and then they would all come flooding in when I woke it up.

If someone doesn't make a move after a certain length of time, that person resigns the game. I forget what the time limit is though.

[quote name='MiXmAsTaRoB']Nice may try battlewagon demo and looks like spiderjack for sure since I enjoyed cut the rope... And the rest of the list I almost have except ionball ex thanks for the suggestion and the tip why no deal of the week[/QUOTE]

Because the guys at MS are cheap and lazy.

Honestly, I don't know. EastX speculates that the big Black Friday sale that we got (6 games) was actually the next 6 DotWs all lumped together. This seems possible, but still isn't a good excuse. It's not like DotW takes a break on Xbox after a big sale.

[quote name='eastx']If someone doesn't make a move after a certain length of time, that person resigns the game. I forget what the time limit is though.[/QUOTE]

It's longer than 3 days. I'll keep an eye on my 2 games that are currently at the length, and let you guys know if/when they're forced to resign.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Angry Birds Star Wars is awesome. I'm seriously bummed there's no Live support/achievements though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's beyond fucking lame for a lot of us who use WP to supplement our gamerscore. However I can understand that Rovio wants to get these out on WP7 ASAP, since WP7 is almost out the door and if these games had to spend 2 months in Xbox certification hell, it could cost them a significant amount of sales.

That being said, I just don't find Angry Birds fun enough to justify spending a dollar on without achievements. Even the Star Wars license is enough to pick it up. I'm probably in the minority here.

EDIT: In reading some of the comments on Paul's post on WPCentral, I guess there are several of us who are going to skip this.

bread's done
Back