Wipeout HD - Fury DLC Incoming

Ouch. That used to happen to me when my User Profile was corrupted.

If you read the comments on the PS Blog it sounds like they are coming out with a whole new game. They kept saying "Look for more info on Wipeout franchise soon" or something to that extent

Well, it seems like A LOT, and I mean A LOT of people are having this problem. I got around it, though and have no problem now. They still need to fix it, though.

Log out of PSN then fire it up. Click on online at the menu to sign into PSN then, and then click through the 1.30 notes and you should be fine from then.

So...I am going to host a CAG Tournament for WipeOut HD soon. Mainly for the purpose of Trophy getting (12-race Tournament and Bling Brigade specifically), but I guess it could be fun.

So, I'm opening up suggestions for the following:
- Day of the Week/Time (Eastern)
- Your Preferred Options Setup

Tracks available:
- Vineta K
- Anulpha Pass
- Moa Therma
- Cenghou Project
- Metropia
- Sebenco Climb
- Ubermall
- Sol 2

Options available:
- Speed Class: Venom, Flash*
- Weapons On/Off
- Barrel Roll On/Off
- Laps 3/4/5^

* - I refuse to hold a Tournament faster than Flash to be fair to new players
^ - If Flash is chosen, it is a minimum of 4 laps per race

Notes:
- The Tournament will be Friends Only
- HUD Weapon Hints will be on
- Pilot Assist will also be allowed but not preferred
- The Top 6 tracks will be chosen, and will be raced twice (one forward and one reverse)

Awesome!

Weekdays anytime between 9-11pm EST. Could go on until midnight if necessary.
Weekends are hit and miss. You could post a time and it'd be 50/50.

As for options :whistle2:

Flash
Weapons On
Barrel Roll On
Laps 5

I'd also say that as far as tracks go I have no preference other than no backwards.

Other than that I hope some more people reply to this!

New Wipeout HD DLC coming! Sounds cool.
Taken from Joystiq:
PS3's downloadable antigrav racer, WipEout HD, is getting its first bit of DLC. Attendees at E3 will be able to try out "Fury," the first expansion pack for the game. Included in the upcoming pack are 8 new tracks, 13 new ships and 3 new game modes. A patch will also add new trophies, a "re-styled front-end" and improved multiplayer functionality.

One of the new modes being reintroduced to WipEout HD is the "Eliminator" mode, last seen in PSP's Pulse. This combat-centric mode gives favor to killing instead of racing. It's one of our favorite modes from WipEout Pulse, so we're glad to see it make a comeback.

In addition, the upcoming Fury DLC will also add "Zone Battle," a multiplayer twist on the classic "Zone" concept. In this new mode, players will be able to acquire zone pads and choose between a speed or health boost. Opponents will be able to drop zone barriers, a deadlier WipEout interpretation of Mario Kart's banana peel. Finally, the "Detonator" mode has players shooting at mines while trying to try through 14 different stages. We'll be giving you a full hands-on report on "Fury" later this week.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/01/fu...to-wipeout-hd/

I am already excited for WipEout HD expansion. Now the real question is do we have to pay a small fee or is it free?

[quote name='FroMann']I am already excited for WipEout HD expansion. Now the real question is do we have to pay a small fee or is it free?[/QUOTE]

It won't be free. I'd be utterly shocked. $5 at the least. $10 more than likely.

I'm all over it though!

Jack-Hunter needs help getting his first platinum w/ Bling-Brigade

From his Blog...

Come on guys. Just fire up ONE race with me, using your platinum skins. I just need bling brigade, and i'll have my first platinum trophy ever. It took a lot of effort to get this far in WipEout HD. Just need some people to race with me real quick. Do a guy a favor :/

Hello Guys. I need your help with Bling Brigade. If I get this trophy, I'll have the WipEout HD platinum trophy. My first platinum trophy ever

I've already got some people. I'd say how many, but it all depends whether they will be online or not. I need as many people as possible to help me get this trophy today. If you can't do it today, then don't waste your time. I finally Beat Zico yesterday, and I don't want to wait until tomorrow to get this. I'm busy tomorrow anyway.

I just need you to race with me using the campaign (silver) skin. That's it. If you join the race doing that, you've done your part.

I have about 3 people (including myself) who will be there for sure. I need volunteers. Please.

My PSN is Lionhart617.

I'll be ready as soon as I get all 8 people. If you have friends who have the silver skin and who have WipEout, please invite them. It'll be an invite only match, in which all of you will have to be on my friend's list to be invited. Thanks.

EDIT: It seems some people have already posted here for me. Thanks guys. I should have included my PSN ID in the blog though.

Release date is next Thursday. Price $9.99

For more details visit the blog.

The pack will provide three new race types – Eliminator, Zone Battle and Detonator, 12 new tracks, 13 new ships, 6 new music tracks, a redesigned menu system, a new campaign to complete as well a host of new trophies to win. Oh and let’s not forget the additional ranks for you to achieve online. We are really excited about the content and hope you enjoy all the new features.

Picked up WipEout yesterday on sale. Last time I played was on the PSP and thought it was fair, but not great. HD is much better and addicting IMHO. Will probably end up getting the expansion pack too when it is released.

Fury-inducing, indeed.

How separated is this from the original Wipeout HD? Will ads only show up if I get the expansion, or does the patch add them in no matter what?

Also, what a game to be advertising in. I don't ever see people playing this anymore, expansion or otherwise. They should have gone after BF1943.

I'm at a loss here. I can't find the ads anywhere. Maybe they are that subtle because I never look at the load screen anyway, but in my many game fury and regular hd I have yet to see one. :whistle2:s

i dunno, i dunno...only what i read, but this pisses me off. i am afraid of what might be to come in other games. if they patch this into HD and i start seeing ads...i will be very upset. put this crap in home, keep it out of my games that i pay for, and if you do add ads, don't make it make the load times longer...wtf, sony, wtf...

[quote name='Pratt75']I haven't purchased the fury add on yet and the ads were in my game today when I played it.[/QUOTE]

What did you play? Campaign?

I've tried both campaigns, racebox and online and I've still yet to see an ad!?!? It's meant to be on the load screen before a race right?

EDIT: I must have done 20 races and still nothing. Must have defective copy. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't read the entire thread, is there an address where we can complain? This is a great game but I'm not going to update it or buy any further packs if it's infected with ads. I simply will not accept them, advertisers can go straight to hell as I avoid most advertised products out of spite.

Same thing happened to me when people where writing about how bad the ads were in fight night round 4 and I never saw one through my 20 hours of playing it

fuck I am already tired of these State Farm ADs. It comes out of nowhere and it is annoying. I love WipEout and this new add-on to death but cmon! State Farm?! Are they insuring my ships in WipEout HD in-case they get eliminated? What are they doing in my WipEout?!?!?

[quote name='FroMann']fuck I am already tired of these State Farm ADs. It comes out of nowhere and it is annoying. I love WipEout and this new add-on to death but cmon! State Farm?! Are they insuring my ships in WipEout HD in-case they get eliminated? What are they doing in my WipEout?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are. How do you think you keep getting new ships without any out of pocket cost?

The Day a game I paid $60 has a 10 second Ad before It lets me play is the day I stop playing that game, Oh wait that Day is here Watch the Video, its a 10 second commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LLTkF1IFuo

with Sony's root kit rep, who knows what they will do?

Maybe a DLC add on which will Stop the Ads?

Or they will justify it saying there was a 10 sec load anyways, so why not look at an Ad, instead of a Blank screen.

I will take Blank screen that way it does not jar me out of the Fantasy fun world entertainment, and remind me I owe All State or State Farm and extra $70 this month.

From Now On ANY game with these Double Fusion Ads...I think it will say Double Fusion on the outside Box is hereby BOYCOTT

bread's done
Back