Woman in Arkansas expecting 18th kid

[quote name='HotShotX']In the end, anyone think there might be a birthing limit in our future? Maybe 2 per family or 2 per family whose parents have a college degree?[/quote]

Oh! Oh! I vote for 2 per family with a college degree!! >.<

I remember seeing the documentary when they were having that huge home built. I don't think they dwelled too far into it but I'm dead sure there is goverment funding and donations coming to them. I think the dad is the only one working because the mom stays home and cares for the kids and home schools them herself.

You know, I would seriously hope the few kids they have that are old enough to work part time jobs actually are doing so. Put some smarts into them at least a little.

I mean... one of them is friggun 20! I'm damn near praying to a god that I don't even believe in that he is at least getting a college education, working and attempting to get out of his parent's house.

Here's all of the kids Cletus (from 'The Simpsons') has had:

Brittany
Cassidy
Chloe
Cody
Dermott
Dylan
Heather
Hunter
Cubs.jpg
Ian
Jordan
Katlin
Kendall
Kira
Lauren
Max
Morgan
Noah
Phil
Q-Bert
Rumer
Sash
Scout
Taylor
Tiffany
Wesley
Zoe

Cletus.gif

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Why? Unless they live in your house what difference does it make?[/quote]well I don't like it because it gives religion a bad name. You go around saying your Catholic and people will point to articles like this. Like every one who claims religion believes in having an inordinately large family.

[quote name='coolsteel']Never even crossed my mind before but how are they transporting these kids anywhere? School Bus? Clown car?[/quote]Where do they need to transport them? They're home schooled. A few kids go out to do groceries and the rest have chores (who cares if they call them jurisdictions, they could call it poopy time for all i care)

[quote name='cochesecochese']Wait...what? The fatty chef has seventeen kids? Can they cook too?[/QUOTE]

No. I said the woman was getting breakfast from Chef Mario. She has 17 kids.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well I don't like it because it gives religion a bad name. You go around saying your Catholic and people will point to articles like this. Like every one who claims religion believes in having an inordinately large family.
[/quote]

Trust me, Catholics have been using birth control for a couple thousand years.

It's called pulling out.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Trust me, Catholics have been using birth control for a couple thousand years.

It's called pulling out.[/quote]
Ah, the universal method used by all... Too bad it can at times completely fail. *points at herself as an example* Product of failure... and I laugh my arse off every time I think of that.

It almost makes me want to pull a Dane Cook, go back in time and laugh at my parents like a mad woman... "Bwahahahaha! There's nothing you can do to stop my birth! Ahhhhhhahahahaha!"

I'll laugh with you but that's the sort of stuff I mean.

oh well I'm pretty sure I was an accident. I've never asked because I don't care enough. It always bothered me when kids on TV got all offended if they found out they weren't 'planned and lovingly expected'. One of the 3 episodes of Gilmore Girls that I watched entirely the daughter asked the mother something like that. I forget if it was "was I expected" or "Was i a mistake" or "would you not have me if you could do it again" it was something stupid. The show is about a chick who got pregnant at 16 and had the kid and named the kid after herself because she was too high to understand the nurse. Now excepting this bit of stupidity on the part of the nurse, who wants a kid at 16. No you weren't wanted deal with it. She kept you, she loves you now be happy with that.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']She's insane. fuckING INSANE! I hate being pregnant. HATE IT![/quote]

I am sure having one too many children can drive anyone nuts. It probably happens long before you become pregnant for the 18th time.

[quote name='dopa345']As long as you don't need public assistance, have as many kids as you want.[/QUOTE]

This. I remember this family from a while back, wasn't he a state rep. or something? I mean, truthfully, they don't look like they're struggling or anything, so as long as he can pay for it, I can't really say it's that big of a deal to me.

This at a minimum. I think anyone that has a violent/sexual felony conviction should also be sterilized. Anyone given life in jail should just be executed. Anyone convicted on rape/molestation once should be castrated. If they try it again they should be killed.

Having children should be a privilege, not a right. Parents should pass background tests, have good jobs and common sense.

It's fairly obvious the current system isn't working.

[quote name='HotShotX']

In the end, anyone think there might be a birthing limit in our future? Maybe 2 per family or 2 per family whose parents have a college degree?

~HotShotX[/quote]

I'd be all for that if you could ensure accuracy. The reason I'm not for capital punishment isn't because I have a problem with killing a dude who rapes and slices up a 12 year old kid. It's because they've been wrong before again and again.

ugh.. i'm outta here before I cause this thread to stray too much.

[quote name='Kayden']This at a minimum. I think anyone that has a violent/sexual felony conviction should also be sterilized. Anyone given life in jail should just be executed. Anyone convicted on rape/molestation once should be castrated. If they try it again they should be killed.

Having children should be a privilege, not a right. Parents should pass background tests, have good jobs and common sense.

It's fairly obvious the current system isn't working.[/quote]

Our system is failing due to a lack of leadership more then anything else. From what I see, on an individual basis really smart people often screw up the world more then really stupid people.

"She and her husband, Jim Bob Duggar, said they'll keep having children as long as God wills it."

This single sentence explains so much. It's great that they seem to actually teach their kids values and morals, but I have a hard time imagining that God wants us to over-populate the planet, leaving it devoid of all natural resources.

[quote name='reiji']"She and her husband, Jim Bob Duggar, said they'll keep having children as long as God wills it."

This single sentence explains so much. It's great that they seem to actually teach their kids values and morals, but I have a hard time imagining that God wants us to over-populate the planet, leaving it devoid of all natural resources.[/quote]

You forgot that the Christian God rules the world, so it's all his will (he could sterilize her if he willed it). Plus the Christian God is going to destroy the world in the Apocalypse anyway, so it's much more important to do things like force the lord's prayer into public schools, insert the Christian God into govt whereever possible, and discriminate against homosexuals (you don't want to go to hell, do you?)

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'll laugh with you but that's the sort of stuff I mean.

oh well I'm pretty sure I was an accident. I've never asked because I don't care enough. It always bothered me when kids on TV got all offended if they found out they weren't 'planned and lovingly expected'. One of the 3 episodes of Gilmore Girls that I watched entirely the daughter asked the mother something like that. I forget if it was "was I expected" or "Was i a mistake" or "would you not have me if you could do it again" it was something stupid. The show is about a chick who got pregnant at 16 and had the kid and named the kid after herself because she was too high to understand the nurse. Now excepting this bit of stupidity on the part of the nurse, who wants a kid at 16. No you weren't wanted deal with it. She kept you, she loves you now be happy with that.[/quote]

I never really like the Roseanne show, but she had one episode that dealt with this in a great way and I will always remember it. Forgive me for not remembering names (I never watched the show much), but their little boy (DJ?) asked mom (Roseanne) if he was an accident because that's what his older sister said. Roseanne said he wasn't an "accident" but a "surprise." He asked what's the difference, and she said a "surprise" is something you would do all over again if you could. Nice way to handle a difficult subject, and I thought it was quite unexpected with some of the ways other topics were handled when I watched the show (which is why I never watched it much).

You should have to take an IQ test before you can have kids. While we're at it, you should have to prove that you can support the kid(s) without any government assistance too.

Poor dad. must be like throwing a crayon down the grand canyon at this point.

[quote name='Apossum']Poor dad. must be like throwing a crayon down the grand canyon at this point.[/quote]

Ha ha...

[quote name='Apossum']Poor dad. must be like throwing a crayon down the grand canyon at this point.[/QUOTE]

He Duggar grand canyon into the gaping void it is today.

[quote name='camoor']You forgot that the Christian God rules the world, so it's all his will (he could sterilize her if he willed it). Plus the Christian God is going to destroy the world in the Apocalypse anyway, so it's much more important to do things like force the lord's prayer into public schools, insert the Christian God into govt whereever possible, and discriminate against homosexuals (you don't want to go to hell, do you?)[/quote]

Not exactly.... After all, He does literally say world without end. The evil in this world on the other hand will most definitely be destroyed, and what's so wrong with that?

Please, not only can we beat that in Alabama... but our women spawn that prolifically with multiple sperm donors.

On a side note, it further adds legitimacy on my Alabama Hobby Theory... it should be a state responsibility to put video games at no cost into the living room of every manufactured home possible. Unprotected sex is the favored hobby of trailer parks.. it's free, it gives you a high, and there's little else to do besides domestic violence or other various dangerous redneck activities. Am I the only one who has seen the soothing magic that a Deer Hunter videogame can have over a group of southern illiterates?

Amazingly, they get no public aid and are DEBT FREE and have been for years. They have both had their real estate licenses, been insurance agents, and he started as a mechanic, then drove a tow truck, owned a trucking company, a convenience store, essentially worked his way up. I also know he's been in local government.

The kids all seem normal, but she home schools all of them, allowing no tv or internet.

Can you tell I follow this family like some gape at accidents? I'm mesmerized at how they all seem to have drunk the kool aid and are thrilled by it.

Oh, yeah, and the religious group the belong to is the Full Quiver movement. Google it sometime. Eeek. My only real issue with them is they say they don't want their children exposed to tv and the internet, because they are unwholesome. Yet they have both a website and have been the subject of numerous specials on Discovery Channel hoping to spread their word, message, philosophy, whatever. So apparently what is evil is ok, as long as they use it to their purposes.

You forgot, IIRC, they own the land their house is built on, and their built their house themselves.

They had 18 children, but damn, they are doing a hell of a lot better for themselves then families with one or two children. And browneyedgal is right, they don't get public aid, my memory on this is fuzzy since I saw the show a looooooooong time ago, but they want to teach their children hard work is what brings rewards, not hand outs.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Not exactly.... After all, He does literally say world without end. The evil in this world on the other hand will most definitely be destroyed, and what's so wrong with that?[/quote]

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
- Spaceballs

;)

I'd rather one or two families have 20+ children that raise hard-working, moral citizens, as opposed to one or two million families raising 2+ children that don't contribute to society and are selfish d-bags.

It's hilarious that his name is Jim-Bob, though. And I don't think anyone should be allowed to have more than 2 children, anywhere in the world, but I know that'll never happen (especially not in America).

It reminds me of Idiocracy.

EDIT: Record kids: "Between 1725 and 1765 Mrs. Feodor Vassilyev had 69 children from 27 pregnancies which included 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets."

These people always have some strange little quark that makes me think they're completely crazy. Hard working, built themselves up from meager means, fully support themselves and everything, thats great. Then they hit on the TV and internet thing and it just goes downhill.

Seems to me that they don't want their kids to know the world outside of their family, those kids are going to be so sheltered.

Yeah, I just have a hard time seeing the average or any person being able to support 18 kids appropriately.

6 seems like a good limit to me.

bread's done
Back