Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrazyGunner']not sure how many of you guys are fans of this stuff but here's some that I've been hoping to eventually snag:

http://www.giftsforageek.com/marketplace/365206899/mad_world_long_sleeve_dark_t_shirt

http://www.zazzle.com/crashstar1_2_tshirt-235455641737985401

http://blahblahtshirts.com/product_info.php?products_id=299

the sites have other game related shirts too[/QUOTE]

I clicked the first one... I was pleasantly surprised. I clicked the second one... I was very surprised. I clicked the third one... You are my twin.

Don't forget the Bioware store for Mass Effect and Dragon Age gear, along with Valve/Steam for Portal, Half-Life, Team Fortress and more.

[quote name='anathema728']Woot shirts tend to shrink a lot. There's a whole size difference between a new shirt and a shrunken shirt.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad I bought a large, then, even though I'm a medium. Thanks for the heads-up.

Woot shirts are American apperal, although I think they changed the style since the new shirts I've gotten are diff from the old ones

looked through to see if anyone posted this shirt.
The_Sleep_of_Reason_Produces_Flying_Turtles.png

got it on shirtwoot, wore it twice then it shrunk super hard. was really pissed.
12f4abba-4ae1-4098-88ce-8b363fad7c6a.jpg

[quote name='thea1ia5']looked through to see if anyone posted this shirt.[/QUOTE]
I remember that shirt. It's a cool design but wasn't posted here because it is no longer available for purchase.

It's a good idea to get woot shirts one size larger than the shirts you normally buy (like I usually wear mediums, but get woot large) since they do shrink a bit... unless you like the tight muscle shirt look. I should add this note to the op.

A store over in the UK has been turned into a real life Airport 51 for one week only and is dedicated to nothing but No More Heroes related appeal. I'm so jealous, I want some of that! I'd kill for one of those jackets.

Add to that "Haunted Hedge Maze" by Aled Lewis, which is a new tee for this week. It's selling pretty quickly, though, so you should jump soon if you're interested.

I just wish "Alien Autopsy" would be in stock when I'm ready to buy it...

I ordered two shirts from Teefury on their last grab bag event. I got the Awesome He-Man Bouncehouse black shirt as well as a tan smores boy scout shirt or something. Both are pretty cool.

[quote name='GhostShark']I ordered two shirts from Teefury on their last grab bag event. I got the Awesome He-Man Bouncehouse black shirt as well as a tan smores boy scout shirt or something. Both are pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I missed out on that shirt.

Grabbed the Bob-omb shirt and now contemplating the Kool-Aid Hulk one...any coupons or anything for TeeFury? $11 is reasonable but still hurts a little bit to pay 2 dollars for 7-20 day shipping o.0

[quote name='kataztrophik']Grabbed the Bob-omb shirt and now contemplating the Kool-Aid Hulk one...any coupons or anything for TeeFury? $11 is reasonable but still hurts a little bit to pay 2 dollars for 7-20 day shipping o.0[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure a lot of that is because they don't make the shirts until the day is over.

[quote name='kataztrophik']OMG I want this shirt so much...too bad I discovered TeeFury like 5 months too late LOL
[/QUOTE]
That shirt is amazing, too bad I didn't know about teefury either :p

I purchased two shirts from Red Bubble a while back and the quality is not as good as Tee Fury, in my opinion.

The Kool-Aid Hulk shirt is awesome, but I got the Jawa Blend Coffee shirt a few weeks back =/. Need moar money

Awesome thread! I never heard of $6shirts but some of their stuff is pretty enticing (especially @ $6/shirt).

I generally don't like the stuff @ threadless on the shirts. To me they seem way more appropriate to be on a poster than a T-shirt.

[quote name='def PD']Awesome thread! I never heard of $6shirts but some of their stuff is pretty enticing (especially @ $6/shirt).

I generally don't like the stuff @ threadless on the shirts. To me they seem way more appropriate to be on a poster than a T-shirt.[/QUOTE]

I stumbled upon $6shirts through an ad on shirt.woot.com and it turns out it is one of my college buddies company run out of Gainesville, FL. Can't really speak to the quality of the shirts but it's run by cool people for what it's worth.

Loving the Kool-Aid shirt, ended up picking that up. Loving this thread too, wish I knew about it sooner. SHIRTS!

I actually liked that Mario print so much, I made it into a wallpaper.... Next best thing if I can't have the shirt!

bread's done
Back