Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm personally not a fan of this one, but it is videogame related so some of you might like it:

1283382567_bottom-katamarirockandroll.jpg

Teefury.com

Got one of those preview emails from TeeFury. That Boba Fett/Mario Bros. looks pretty sweet!

98.jpg

Should be up any time within the next 4 days.

[quote name='DaNaD']In for 1 Super Fettio Bros.
Anyone know how the shirt quality is?[/QUOTE]

It's really good. Heavier than woot's shitty ones

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
1280876798_bottom-superfettiobros.jpg

[/QUOTE]

*after defeating Han Solo*
"Bobio, this is not the planet you're looking for!"
"Mama mia!"

[quote name='thea1ia5']got it on shirtwoot, wore it twice then it shrunk super hard. was really pissed.[/QUOTE]

Probably one of those stupid American Apparel shirts, or an AA knock-off. I hate those shirts, and I wish they would hurry up and go bankrupt so we can all go back to Gildan and Hanes shirts that don't shrink so much I have to give my size Large shirts to my little kids.

[quote name='moop2001']It's really good. Heavier than woot's shitty ones[/QUOTE]

Oh you did NOT just diss spun cotton...

Shit, I had the tee in my cart since 10:30pm (central) and it always had waiting for connection on tee fury so it never went through.

[quote name='aznkids2005']So does that mean the shirt of the day included S&H also?[/QUOTE]
On Teefury it's $9 for the shirt and $2 for shipping (up to qty of 3 I believe)

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Shirt Woot uses American Apparel. Teefury's shirt are heavier closer to a Hanes starchy cotton.[/QUOTE]

american apparel? explain please? :)

I got my mystery tshirts from teefury (3 of them)

but sadly none of them are videogame related, but I did get a Mister T.-Rex shirt that is kinda funny !
mrtrex.jpg

[quote name='david12795']american apparel? explain please? :)[/QUOTE]

Scroll up higher in the thread on this page. All that you desire will become apparent to you young one.

The american apparel shirts that woot uses usually do a little shrinking, whereas the teefury ones are a little more like your standard cotton graphic tshirt (kindof like the ones on Noisebot) that doesn't do much shrinking. I've only owned a teefury shirt long enough to wash it twice and it seems to hold up pretty well, feels good to me. That's just my opinion of course. The shirts I tend to avoid are the ones from 6 dollar shirts.com or whatever...but you can probably guess why they cost 6 bucks one you wear them once. Ha.

[quote name='aDoseofJAR']The american apparel shirts that woot uses usually do a little shrinking, whereas the teefury ones are a little more like your standard cotton graphic tshirt (kindof like the ones on Noisebot) that doesn't do much shrinking. I've only owned a teefury shirt long enough to wash it twice and it seems to hold up pretty well, feels good to me. That's just my opinion of course. The shirts I tend to avoid are the ones from 6 dollar shirts.com or whatever...but you can probably guess why they cost 6 bucks one you wear them once. Ha.[/QUOTE]

ah thanks for the explanation. ill make sure when i buy from woot, ill get large instead of medium.

i bought a medium size tee from tee fury to see how it will fit me. so from there on, i can see what size preference i know when i buy from them.

As much as I love that teefury shirt, I'm going to pass. Watterson never licensed Calvin and Hobbes for anything, and I respect his work too much to enable spinoff merchandise, even if it is really great.

[quote name='FeathersMcGraw']As much as I love that teefury shirt, I'm going to pass. Watterson never licensed Calvin and Hobbes for anything, and I respect his work too much to enable spinoff merchandise, even if it is really great.[/QUOTE]

Really? I must be going straight to hell because even though I'm a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan AND I know Watterson doesn't like licensing I still didn't hesitate for a millisecond.

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']All I have to say is...www.6dollarshirts.com

Where else can you get a Power Glove shirt for $6? They also have some great shirts that reference Arrested Development.[/QUOTE]

I might do that if I were to get the 10 shirts for 50 bucks deal, which would prob not be hard since I liked most of what I saw.

[quote name='javeryh']Really? I must be going straight to hell because even though I'm a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan AND I know Watterson doesn't like licensing I still didn't hesitate for a millisecond.[/QUOTE]

I respect Watterson's stance on licensing, but this shirt is parody / respectful homage. I'll let it slide.

bread's done
Back