World of Warcraft CAG Guild?

Greetings Everyone- been awhile. I think the consensus was that talks of a CAG Guild might re-emerge after Cata. Now that Cata is out, what do you guys say? I am hoping for Cata as a Holiday gift and if I do get it, will roll a Horde Shammy (Goblin, most likely). Probably on Gurubashi (PVP, West-Coast Realm). Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll throw my hat in for a CAG guild. Played in the CAG guild back in the days, but that didn't turn out so well.

No preference for side, but I understand now that you can now have a Horde and an Alliance character on the same server. As for type of server, I prefer regular over PVP. It's not a big deal if we play PVP though.

I just got some... "re-training" from an experienced friend of mine, and I would like to join a CAG guild if anyone here is still interested. I had taken about a 2 month break, so I just want to warn everyone, I'm about as NOOB as they come in this game.

I am willing to learn, tho, and if any of you want to help and/or learn with me, let me know. Thanks.

I need to learn the new system as well: they completely overhauled how talents work and I hear from my brother-in-law (who was in the beta) that dungeons and raids require a lot more cooperation, class-awareness, and effective teamwork to succeed.

With that said, I am willing to start up a guild on Gurubashi (PVP) if I receive Cata as a gift, or at least help someone get it started when I do log back in.

Im on deathwing, just recently got back into wow last week. After a 2 and a half year leave, i came back and am blown away by all the changes. I currently have a 44 undead warlock and his name is.... itsamemario

add me on blizzard.net [email protected]

Always down to do something on WoW

I'm willing to join a cag guild ... I'll play anything on any server because it's all pretty much new at this point. We need a more organized thread about this though

The Guild perk and progression system make it impossible to not join a guild these days. Faster XP, mounts, profession leveling can all be gained as passive bonuses depending on the guild. I think the best guild achievement - kill 60,000 critters.

That might take awhile. =X

i'll join! would like to roll a new character. Someone throw out a server and then someone else throw out horde/alliance. then we start! easy as that. if you have a preference for anything get it out soon so we can find a way around it.

Loaded up the Battlechest and now its downloading the patches...8.58 GB worth of patches? Is that right? I've not loaded WotLK or Cataclysm yet.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Loaded up the Battlechest and now its downloading the patches...8.58 GB worth of patches? Is that right? I've not loaded WotLK or Cataclysm yet.[/QUOTE] That sounds about right, 4 or so gbs for each expansion. At a certain point you can actually start playing while is streams the rest of the download and installs it in the background.

[quote name='Snuckles']Dunno. How many is needed for a guild signing? 20?[/QUOTE]

It was 10 the last time that I did it.

Lets start a new thread ... call it CAG WoW guild Horde Gurubashi server ... just better lol. Get peoples attention and all.

Start like a list of people in it and such with their characters name to start

I'd be willing to take care of the thread unless someone else can keep up with updating it as well :D

For you guys going on Gurubashi - I'm cool with it, would like to finally try a horde toon - but PvP? Am I gonna get griefed constantly?

I guess it wouldn't be much different from getting PWNed in Call of Duty, but it doesn't sound like much fun.

Just wondering.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I'm loading the games now. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm looking forward to playing.[/QUOTE]

Dude we seriously need to hook up - I am in a similar boat and it'd be great to have someone to learn alongside me. PM me or reply here and we can chat or meet in game.

Good luck.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Loaded up the Battlechest and now its downloading the patches...8.58 GB worth of patches? Is that right? I've not loaded WotLK or Cataclysm yet.[/QUOTE]

I agree, that's effin' insane - I went thru the same crap. FYI, once all that shit loads, you won't need the discs, just your CD keys. I made the mistake of trying to install Burning Crusade after DLing the patch pre CAT, and it failed - twice. Then I said fuck it and just entered my keys on Blizzard.net, and I was able to play. I still had to DL another 3+ GB, which puts my patch download size right in line with what you're going thru - at least 8 Gig.

Hope you have a decent connection... lol.

See ya round hopefully.

Oh, and my email on WoW: [email protected]

Feel free to say hello, guys. I have characters on Kargath and I guess I'll roll one on Gurubashi.

Whoa I missed a ton of posts.

So we're going with Gurubashi? Why? Just wondering.

I'm fine with any of the servers, really, but I do have a preference for PvE. I did the whole PvP server thing back in the day, and it got old pretty fast.

Anyway, whatever's decided, I'm looking forward to playing with you guys! I hope it's gonna be casual, cause I really suck. :D

Hey everyone, I suggested Gurubashi because it creates the flexibility for both PvP and PvE. At points in my WoW career I have focused on both back and forth. For example, sometimes PvE gets boring, and PvP is great, then I flip-flop etc. It's more of an all encompassing server because of its flexibility. Now that dual talent specs only cost 10g, I plan on making whatever my second talent tree is PvP just for fun.

It's also a pacific time zone server, and there seemed to be a call for that to keep times balanced for folks living all over the place.

I think it would be pretty neat to start as a leveling guild. This would definitely keep things casual. I have never actually raided before. The most I have ever done was run Heroics on a regular basis. Raids were just too much for me. I never did Arena either, just battlegrounds at the most. I would say I am a casual alt leveler, PvE heroics runner, and occasional PvP battleground player.

I would be happy to get things started and keep it organized. I have never been in a guild before (despite playing since 2007) so I would really like to be involved in the experience. My only drawback is that I won't be able to sign in for another week or so. But I could get things started with a new thread, or defer if someone wants to get things going right now.

Quick follow up to my post - I think it would be great for us to starting thinking about what character you are interested in and what professions you will be taking. I, for example, am interested in rolling either a Shammy or a Mage. If I rolled Shammy, I would take leather working and skinning as my talents. If I roll Mage, I would take tailoring and maybe a gathering profession like herbalism.

Of course, everyone should roll whatever class they want- but I think it would be helpful in determining the guild's diversity as we start building.

I've always wanted to be in a guild called Humanoids Carry Linen. (they do ya know)

I think this all sounds great! I kinda wanna be a hunter or a druid. Don't really care what my professions are, though I typically do some kind of gathering stuff at the beginning just to make money (herbs and ore maybe--tho if I find something people will buy on the server, I exploit that to hell... for instance, on one server, for some reason people would pay like 1g or more for fishing recipes that could be bought right beside the undercity auction house).

Oh, by the way, why is Gurubashi flexible? Is it a different kind of server? Or did you just mean that PvP servers are more flexible? I'm okay with whatever, but it sure gets annoying trying to quest and getting hammered on PvP. :)

I was thinking of some kind of variation of C.A.G. I guess "CAG" itself is kind of boring.

I just meant that on a PvP server there is always the option to world PvP. These days though, it seems like world PvP is mostly dead, especially with the queue for battlegrounds now. Sure, there is always the possibility of getting griefed.

But nothing compared to camping gnomes in South Shore. Oh wait...South Shore is gone now...the Horde won. lol. Pwnd.

[quote name='Ernest_360']But nothing compared to camping gnomes in South Shore. Oh wait...South Shore is gone now...the Horde won. lol. Pwnd.[/QUOTE]

Camping All Gnomes?

I haaaaate world PvP. Maybe it's more tolerable in Cataclysm. I guess we'll always have each other to say "haaalp!" to. :) And if one zone is a grief-zone, we can always go quest elsewhere. Such as the game is set up now, it's not necessary to complete even a fraction of all the quests, or any of them for that matter.

This is kind of exciting.

Camping Annoying Girls

Yeah, I was going pve since the idea of pvp camping and getting ganked all the time doesnt sound like a fun time for a newb. How can you play on 2 servers? Maybe I can start on a pve server and have a toon for the CAG guild since you guys want pvp. My son is also going to start playing on a seperate pc so we'd count for 2 guild members.

[quote name='Ernest_360']Quick follow up to my post - I think it would be great for us to starting thinking about what character you are interested in and what professions you will be taking. I, for example, am interested in rolling either a Shammy or a Mage. If I rolled Shammy, I would take leather working and skinning as my talents. If I roll Mage, I would take tailoring and maybe a gathering profession like herbalism.

Of course, everyone should roll whatever class they want- but I think it would be helpful in determining the guild's diversity as we start building.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and started tonight - I have never done a horde character, so I picked a Tauren Shaman - I made it to level 5, almost 6. I was kinda tired from playing with a friend earlier.

I'm willing to roll something else if the guild has holes.

Oh and "Calling all Gnomes" might be funny. :whistle2:k

Casters and Grinders?
Crashers and Gnashers?

heh.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Yeah, I was going pve since the idea of pvp camping and getting ganked all the time doesnt sound like a fun time for a newb. How can you play on 2 servers? Maybe I can start on a pve server and have a toon for the CAG guild since you guys want pvp. My son is also going to start playing on a seperate pc so we'd count for 2 guild members.[/QUOTE]

On the login screen, if I recall correctly, once you're signed in, you can choose a server. I guess you can have characters on as many servers as you want.

FWIW, I played on the suggested server (Gurubashi), and nobody hassled me. I suppose that may change. *shrug*

Oh, and this may be helpful, if you want low ping times:

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

[quote name='teknikalei']On the login screen, if I recall correctly, once you're signed in, you can choose a server. I guess you can have characters on as many servers as you want.

FWIW, I played on the suggested server (Gurubashi), and nobody hassled me. I suppose that may change. *shrug*

Oh, and this may be helpful, if you want low ping times:

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter[/QUOTE]

10 characters a realm, 50 characters total last time I checked.

And you won't run into world PvP until level 25, the way the zones are set up post Cataclysm.

And since it seems we're going horde, "Calling All Gnomes", or anything else that could be considered pro-Gnome, probably isn't a good idea.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']10 characters a realm, 50 characters total last time I checked.

And you won't run into world PvP until level 25, the way the zones are set up post Cataclysm.

And since it seems we're going horde, "Calling All Gnomes", or anything else that could be considered pro-Gnome, probably isn't a good idea.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info...

As to Calling all Gnomes - oops. Just trying to stick with the CAG lettering. I hate when my noobness shows too much. *sigh*

Oh, and since you seem knowledgeable - when/if I hit 25, can I expect to be griefed like non-stop, or are there zones where I can play in peace? Just wondering.

*READ all updated posts*

Well I think it needs to be a majority vote and we have to realize with a group of people their will be some who don't want this and others that so lets each put in a vote for what we want. And not just a i'll take anything make sure its a vote for either a PVP server (Grubashi) or a PVE Server Or even RP.

As for the name yeah I've been trying to think of something Cag Related or C.A.G. in it.

So I can create toons for a PvE east coast server, since I'm in NC, and also create a toon on the server us CAG's pick??? I read something about it costing $25 to move toons to different servers but I guess thats already leveled toons.

On the Gurubashi server the WoWWikki says, "Gurubashi as well as Warsong is over run with Bazilian's where Portuguese is spoken and often unwanted in public channels. Mass arguments and frequent out bursts over how Bazilian's should be on a Latin American server occur often."

I'd rather play on a server where English is spoken.

Oh and the Battlechest patches finished for me , so I went to load up WotLK and it says it wont load???

My vote: PvE

PvP servers are not that bad guys :D I have always played PvP servers and never had to much trouble. Yea you have the occasional get ganked or get killed in the world ... but it adds different dynamics ... not only that but if an ally is killing or taking something you want you get to take it for yourself :D

If you're rolling on Gurubashi, be aware that Horde outnumber Alliance 2:1 so world PvP will be exceptionally boring. If you want a challenge, you might sack up and go Alliance. I'd love to see you all roll on Laughing Skull as Horde so I can kill you guys. :twisted:

How about Black Dragonflight or Thunderlord servers? They are both PvP and sound cool. Looks like both have medium populations.

[quote name='Snuckles']Theirs no way to get an estimated amount of people per server per horde/alliance is their?[/QUOTE]

Officially, no. Most websites that are able to provide ratios usually require users on that server to run a census addon and then transmit the data to them. Given a large enough sample size it can be accurate enough, but I they really aren't to be taken as the gospel truth.

Typically though, on a PVP server, I usually find populations to favor the Horde. Having a high population makes questing a tad easier (primarily in high level, active content), but also makes it harder to queue up for the world battleground thing (Wintergrasp in WotLK, Tol Barad in Catalcysm). Queuing for dungeons is mostly unaffected.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']10 characters a realm, 50 characters total last time I checked.

And since it seems we're going horde, "Calling All Gnomes", or anything else that could be considered pro-Gnome, probably isn't a good idea.[/QUOTE]
Culling All Gnomes. :joystick:

I don't particularly want to play on a server where we outnumber the other side. That's not much fun. Would be more fun if we were the outnumbered side. :)

I still vote PvE, but I'll play regardless. Even if people are speaking Brazilian. :)

[quote name='Wanderlai']So I can create toons for a PvE east coast server, since I'm in NC, and also create a toon on the server us CAG's pick??? I read something about it costing $25 to move toons to different servers but I guess thats already leveled toons.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's correct. Like I said, I just rolled a toon on Gurubashi last night, and I have characters on another server with the friends that roped me into the game. The transfer charge is for pre-existing, higher level toons.

[quote name='Wanderlai']On the Gurubashi server the WoWWikki says, "Gurubashi as well as Warsong is over run with Bazilian's where Portuguese is spoken and often unwanted in public channels. Mass arguments and frequent out bursts over how Bazilian's should be on a Latin American server occur often."

I'd rather play on a server where English is spoken.

Oh and the Battlechest patches finished for me , so I went to load up WotLK and it says it wont load???

My vote: PvE[/QUOTE]

I didn't run into anybody speaking any language on that server, but I assume that if we all roll toons there, WE will all speak english, at least. lol.

BTW, I had the same issue trying to load Burning Crusade after updating. With those FREAKING GIGANTIC patches, it seems the game discs, esp. the expansions, are now kind of redundant. If you enter your WotLK CD key, and have DL'd the latest patch, you should be good to go.

Oh, and my vote, because I'm willing to try something new: PvP *gulp*

Just wondering, but why do people call their characters "toons"? At first I thought it was cute, but now it kind of makes me want to throw up. :) Reminds me of Roger Rabbit or something.

Go ahead and keep doing it; I'm just saying/asking. :)

bread's done
Back