World of Warcraft: The Official CAG Thread - Guild is DEAD! STAY AWAY!

[quote name='Foladar']This is my second toon so I'm sorta familiar with some things (my first toon was 44, Firetree (PVP) and retired in Feb 07 tho) .. but I took up enchanting for starters, I'm actually up to around 700g on my enchanting toon whose level 20 and my main thats 26 has 188g. I'll shoot you a pm about a few things, but really Auctioneer is the biggest help IMO and make sure you sell +sta / +agi gear upto level 19 for crazy prices.[/quote]

Clearly not the typical experience for the normal player.

I usually have 250g when I hit 60 on my toons, and just about 80g when I hit 40 (enough for a mount).

Auctioneer is an amazing addon but it requires you to put some effort into the game. It really depends on what you're interested in. I for one enjoy blowing thorugh 1-70 and farming gold/honor, etc.. when I reach that.

Some people have crazy high /played for low levels because they like to dabble a bit in everything.

From my experience the average /played for level 70 is 15-20 days (360-480 hours). I hit 60 pre-2.3 in about 6 days, and 70 in 10/11 days.

If you decide to level crafting, runs lots of instances, PvP at x9... It's gonna take a much longer time.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Clearly not the typical experience for the normal player.

I usually have 250g when I hit 60 on my toons, and just about 80g when I hit 40 (enough for a mount).

Auctioneer is an amazing addon but it requires you to put some effort into the game. It really depends on what you're interested in. I for one enjoy blowing thorugh 1-70 and farming gold/honor, etc.. when I reach that.
[/QUOTE]
Auctioneer really doesn't take much effort, you just have to scan it when you log it which is generally what I do - log in, grab a drink, come back and its complete. Most normal/typical players also won't blow through 1-70 though, and gold is really easy to get IMO .. I also get the basics via BGs, such as a bow if I'm a hunter and sometimes other stuff, but mostly atleast the bow. Leveling is also pretty easy now with that recent patch, so you can probably get some quests done and hit a BG for bonus honor weekend, and buy whatever you needed which is what I usually do (WSG is coming up!)

Daily quests are killing the worth of gold. And the increase from 10 to 25 is no help. =/ Some 2 players in Asia hit the cap for gold allowed on a single character.

2 to the 32nd power.

Anybody here been wrongly banned from the game?

I pay for two seperate accounts, my brother's and mine. Out of the blue, I two seperate e-mails stating that his and my accounts are banned because of exploitation.

Wth? I've never used any sort of third party program, hack, gold or PL service. I have no idea what happened!

I e-mail a reply stating my side of the story but have yet to recieve a reply.

Anyone have the same problem?

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Anybody here been wrongly banned from the game?

I pay for two seperate accounts, my brother's and mine. Out of the blue, I two seperate e-mails stating that his and my accounts are banned because of exploitation.

Wth? I've never used any sort of third party program, hack, gold or PL service. I have no idea what happened!

Anyone have the same problem?[/quote]
you should call them.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Anybody here been wrongly banned from the game?

Anyone have the same problem?[/QUOTE]

Odd, never happened to me. I have and pay for two accounts as well. Maybe it's something your brother done that you don't know about?

[quote name='p00ndawg']you should call them.[/quote]
Did. Basically, they cannot help me. Only the admins have the information I need to know and they can only be reached by e-mail.

[quote name='Inferno-X']Odd, never happened to me. I have and pay for two accounts as well. Maybe it's something your brother done that you don't know about?[/quote]
No, he didn't do anything. I was with him the entire time.

For anyone interested in making gold in WoW via the AH I'd recomend you go to this guy's blog http://www.mmoauctioneer.com/ and download his podcast series. Basically he started a new character on a new server from 0 gold and finished at around 2k gold in a very short amount of time. Good tips and pretty interesting for anyone that is trying to get into that.

I did a similar experiment, gave a bank alt 25g and only using Auctioneer addon and buying and selling goods on the ah I've worked my way up to around 800g in a week or so. Pretty fun experiment and it was even easier then I thought it would be.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Did. Basically, they cannot help me. Only the admins have the information I need to know and they can only be reached by e-mail.

No, he didn't do anything. I was with him the entire time.[/quote]Did you ever buy gold, leveling service, etc.?? Have you ever run WoW via WINE on linux? Warden (the anti cheat tool used by Blizzard) acts like an anti-spyware app and could possibly have mistaken software on your computer as cheating software. If youhave you ever logged into your accounts from the same computer, this could easily explain why both accounts were closed.

[quote name='redgopher']I don't understand why people sell their accounts and get back into it a few months to a year later. Don't you miss your gear? Doesn't it suck having to go back through all the shitty zones you hated (Desolace, Un'goro)? When the expansions come out and you have new content, you have to wait an extremely long time while you grind up to 58 or 68 to get to the good stuff. It just seems really stupid to me. WoW isn't a used copy of Final Fantasy you can just pick up at GameStop for 5 bucks and use your old saved games.[/quote]

Two reasons:

First- Maybe they felt content with how much they accomplished with that toon, and didn't feel the need to commit to it so much afterwards. I had full Tier 2 and partial AQ gear, Grand Marshal's casting dagger and the epic offhand from one of the world dragons on my Warlock when I quit. In PVP, I had a premade that won 90% of the games we played. As far as "I" was concerned, I had beaten the game for my warlock.

I know people always say, "You can't beat the game", but you can. When you feel so done with everything you have that you feel no need to raid, PVP, grind or make money anymore, you won. All you have to do is allow yourself to let that character go and you've won.

I did that with my warlock, my paladin, my shaman and my priest. I did everything on those characters I wanted to do.

How long has it been since BC came out? I quit a week after BC came out, that's the last time I've played.

Now I'm playing a druid, and that's why I don't "miss" my gear, because obviously if I want to play a druid now, my gear as a warlock won't matter.

2nd reason) Some people have bitter angst toward the time consuming commitment WoW takes to accomplish anything, and when they quit, they really feel like they're letting it go.

That's the reason I quit as a priest. I had to raid 3 hours a night, 5 days a week. It was like a part time job I wasn't being paid for.

Now I'm playing my druid, 2 years later, because I don't give a crap about raiding and I'm only leveling to hit 70 and join my IRL friends' 5 on 5 team.

I'm going to roll soon and I just sold my account months ago. It was worth it for me because I'm done with my mage and I want to move on to a new class. Not to mention raiding all the time was a chore.

Hey, I'm going toio give Wow another try. I have a level 40ish rouge blood elfe, which was good to get into the game. But I burned out of the game because it got to be too much of a grind.

I'm thinking of starting back up and going to roll a horde warrior. Any suggections on race. I'm leaning towards either Orc or Undead.

More towards Orcc because they have good stats and some good racial bonuses plus stun resistance. Undead are nice because they have a WotForsaken, But their stats aren't as good starting, cannablize while cool and nice, it doesn't seem like healing will be a big deal with bandages and potions and the like. I'm not as familiar with warriors but I hear they have a lot of ways to break stuns and breaks and fears.

So which do you suggest? Orc or Undead?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']isn't Warrior like the most boring class to level?[/quote] You'll get into any instance ever.

[quote name='georox']Woot! Won The Fishing Tournament Today! Arcanite Pole Baby![/quote]

Nice, I won that once and got the trinket that turns you into a fish. It's kind of cool but I thought it was going to be better.

I went with the Orc Warrior Ackbarr on Oxyn-whatevre server. I leveled up to 12 in one day, which was nice. If I can average a level a day I'll be 70 in two to two-and-a-half months.

I rolled a new character last night on a trialaccount since selling my 70 in November. I want to play again but I don't know if I have it in me to do the grind.

I played briefly about a year ago and never really got into it because I've been an off again on again City of Heroes/Villains player since it launched. Plus I played Everquest for years and had gotten burnt out from the fantasy MMO genre. Then my g/f started hogging the 360 when GTA IV came out and I needed something to kill time with while she was playing that. I hadn't never take up the free trial for The Burning Crusade so I reactivated my account with that for the week or so it gave me. It only took me three days before I went out and bought the expansion and completely reactivated my account.

I restarted a bunch of new characters because I wasn't completely satisfied with the old character I had which was a level 25 undead warrior. Eventually I settled on a troll rogue and now he's up to level 22 after a couple of days. So far, it is one of the best MMO games I've ever played now that I've really gotten more into it. I started exploring the addons and that really hooked me into it because I didn't realize before just HOW much more you could get out the game with them. Hell, just Auctioneer alone adds a whole new aspect to the game because it really allows you to easily get deep into the economy of the world.

Here's my guy on the Armory: Zodraz (Zardoz spelled backwords because it rejected that name)

I'm thinking of coming back as well. I have a love/hate relationship with the game. It's really fun when you are first starting out or have just come back from a long break. Everything is new and exciting (or nostalgic if you are returning) and it is always fun to try out new classes, or a new faction and explore new things. Then inevitably at 70 (or 60 before the x-pac) I get caught up in the gear arms race. I try to get the very best gear for my character, that means countless hours mind numbingly farming gold, or grinding rep, or grinding honor. Then I start looking for a raiding guild and eventually the game turns into a job once I start raiding hardcore. I get burned out, wait a few months and then the cycle begins again with a new character on a new server.

So now I'm debating on how to come back. I have a character with a lot of resources Horde side on a PvE server, but I kind of want to go back to Alliance since it's been over a year since I've played as Alliance, however if I go Alliance I will be starting with nothing as I left my old alliance characters in poor shape. There is also the option of going back to a PvP server, might spice things up a bit, although when I used to play on PvP servers I always hated having to watch my back. I just hope that whatever I decide on going back to I can stay far far far away from Raiding. It always ends up feeling like a job and sucking the lifeforce out of me. I just wonder though if I can have fun in the game without worrying about gear.

[quote name='Gavin']Come back...you know you are just dying to!!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

lol yeah, just trying to decide how I want to do it. Kinda hard to give up all my gold/alts/contacts and go Alliance, but then again it could also be a breath of fresh air and I am fairly confident in my ability to play the AH to quickly build up a good amount of gold. If I do come back I've already decided it will be as a Druid. Never tanked before so that might keep things fresh. If I hate tanking, I know I like healing so I'd be able to do that. I'd also be able to mess around with a Moonkin, that's always been on my to do list.

Anyone play in either the Shadowburn, Retaliation, or Cyclone, or Emberstorm battlegroups?

I'm looking for a Battlegroup that the Alliance does well in and so far all my research has pointed to Shadowburn as being the best for Alliance. I'm also looking into the other Battlegroups listed as well.

Finally is anyone on either Moonrunner or Baelgun? Those are my top 2 choices at the moment. Looking for a PST PvE server with a good economy, good battlegroup for the Alliance, hopefully lacking tanks (going to roll a tank), decent progression, and easy to find groups for level 70 instances and heroics.

Other realms I'm considering are Dragonblight and Blade's Edge.

My human mage (Deandee) is on Baelgun but i haven't gotten him to 70 yet. He's at 67 and holding for the moment. I'll probably begin the final push to 70 after my trip to WI this weekend.
I also have a 70 orc shaman and 70 undead rogue on undermine.

[quote name='odintal']My human mage (Deandee) is on Baelgun but i haven't gotten him to 70 yet. He's at 67 and holding for the moment. I'll probably begin the final push to 70 after my trip to WI this weekend.
I also have a 70 orc shaman and 70 undead rogue on undermine.[/QUOTE]

How is Baelgun? I ended up choosing between it and Moonrunner and decided on Moonrunner.

[quote name='jimbodan']How is Baelgun? I ended up choosing between it and Moonrunner and decided on Moonrunner.[/quote]

it's actually pretty much a ghost town. it was a transfer server for a couple of the servers taht started at launch originally.

[quote name='odintal']it's actually pretty much a ghost town. it was a transfer server for a couple of the servers taht started at launch originally.[/QUOTE]

Glad I picked Moonrunner, lol.

Only real problem is the economy is inflated a bit compared to what I was used to on my old server, also the higher population makes it a lot harder for me to make money on the AH. On my other server it seemed every time I would check I could find at least a couple severely under priced weapons, armor, or recipes and flip them for big money. On Moonrunner there aren't nearly as many deals like that to be found and when there are they go extremely fast. I've had to resort to hitting the commodities market (not my area of expertise) and it's been a lot slower going then I had hoped, still I am making money.

bread's done
Back