World of Warcraft: The Official CAG Thread - Guild is DEAD! STAY AWAY!

Can anybody help me out with something? I got this sweet new widescreen montior, but I can't WoW to run in a 1440 x 900 resolution. The option just isn't there. Windows is set to 1440 x 900, so I don't see what the problem is.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Can anybody help me out with something? I got this sweet new widescreen montior, but I can't WoW to run in a 1440 x 900 resolution. The option just isn't there. Windows is set to 1440 x 900, so I don't see what the problem is.[/QUOTE]

From the WoW Forums

f you have more than one monitor installed and your Widescreen Monitor isn't labeled as "Monitor 1", World of Warcraft won't run in widescreen. Try unplugging your other display devices and reboot the system.

Also, make sure you are running the latest ATI/Nvidia drivers and so on.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Can anybody help me out with something? I got this sweet new widescreen montior, but I can't WoW to run in a 1440 x 900 resolution. The option just isn't there. Windows is set to 1440 x 900, so I don't see what the problem is.[/QUOTE]

I'm using the same size monitor and I have no problems.

[quote name='jalu6']From the WoW Forums

f you have more than one monitor installed and your Widescreen Monitor isn't labeled as "Monitor 1", World of Warcraft won't run in widescreen. Try unplugging your other display devices and reboot the system.

Also, make sure you are running the latest ATI/Nvidia drivers and so on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I just disabled the other display devices and it worked like a charm. :D

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Have any dungeon runs materialized? I'm not quite there yet, but I'll be itching for some Deadmines shortly.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so. I was on all by my lonesome for a few hours last night leveling my behind off. I'm 1/2 way to level 23 and I'm starting to blur the line between Deadmines and Stockades territory...

I'll be on as well...if I'm not I'll probably be playing Forza so some one just message me on Xbox.com and I'll hop on.

Almost up to 10 slot bags too :)

Or maybe some Wailing Caverns, theres some hawt loot

we should do a horde guild too, i say on dethecus, because my main is on there. also, we should get this stickied.

oh i just thought of something else, we should have a bake sale or something, so then everyone can do a paid character move and we could have a huge guild. ill make cookies.

How much are those paid character transfers? I have a 50ish hunter languishing on a server I don't use much anymore and is now super crowded (Cenarius).

Also, I'm half a level away from 15, so I'm down for Deadmines soonish.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']How much are those paid character transfers? I have a 50ish hunter languishing on a server I don't use much anymore and is now super crowded (Cenarius).

Also, I'm half a level away from 15, so I'm down for Deadmines soonish.[/QUOTE]

It's $25 to transfer a character. So how did everything go last night? Did anybody show up? :lol: I get off of work tonight at about 10:30, so I should be on by 11 central time. Anybody else wanna make a VC run?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']It's $25 to transfer a character. So how did everything go last night? Did anybody show up? :lol: I get off of work tonight at about 10:30, so I should be on by 11 central time. Anybody else wanna make a VC run?[/QUOTE]

We only had 4 people so it didn't go down. We DID try to message you during your Guitar Hero playing, but it looks like you kept on rockin' and missed out on the tankin'.

I'll try to get on tonight for a bit, but no promises.

[quote name='jalu6']We only had 4 people so it didn't go down. We DID try to message you during your Guitar Hero playing, but it looks like you kept on rockin' and missed out on the tankin'.

I'll try to get on tonight for a bit, but no promises.[/QUOTE]

Aw man, sorry about that. I didn't realize I had gotten a message until much later. I came home at like 1:30 in the morning, turned on my 360, and slaped myself on the forehead.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I suppose I'd get ripped up as a 15 in there? I'll ding at 15 with about 50ish minutes of grinding tonight.[/QUOTE]

You'd be more of an aggro magnet than anything else, but if you stay back I'm sure we'd be OK. A few of us are at or over the suggested level, so I think we'll survive.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I suppose I'd get ripped up as a 15 in there? I'll ding at 15 with about 50ish minutes of grinding tonight.[/quote]

Nah, you'd probably be fine as a hunter. Just keep back to avoid aggro

Man, no one was really on this weekend huh? What's everyones standard play schedule like? Im usually on for 1 or 2 hours M, Tue, Thur, and Fri.
Wed, I can play anytime during the day, as well as Sat. and Sun.

ace25one is outpacing us all! But we should at least be doing some groupings and what not.

Yeah, I have pulled a bit ahead haven't I? I guess I'm kinda addicted!!! LOL

If anyone need's help with something and I'm on, I'm always willing to help. Always willing to do a deadmines run too.

My play schedule is any time Thur, Fri or Sat.

I'm going to be working all this week, but if you guys want to set a date and time for a deadmines run, feel free. I'll be avaliable after 11 PM tonight, wednesday, and thursday.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'll be on probably every night this week. I was out of town this weekend, so didn't get to level anything and am still at 15.[/QUOTE]

didn't we help each other before, in the elwyn forest? If so I am over towards lakeshire now and it is pretty tough. I'll prolly be on later today and most of tonight.

[quote name='nadsofed']I'd be willing to join.[/QUOTE]
Post your character name, and if you see one of us on, whilst you are on give us a tell.

I'm posted up in Redridge as well, so if im on, hit me up! Im all about bashing on some Orcs!

I kinda thought that the first time I got griefed would be the last time I played on that PvP server. Well, that happened last night and then was camped, and if it's going to happen at level 16, ugh, lots of levels yet to go.

So, it was fun to try out a new character for a bit, but I don't know that I want to deal with all of that PvP stuff.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I kinda thought that the first time I got griefed would be the last time I played on that PvP server. Well, that happened last night and then was camped, and if it's going to happen at level 16, ugh, lots of levels yet to go.

So, it was fun to try out a new character for a bit, but I don't know that I want to deal with all of that PvP stuff.[/QUOTE]

What were you doing in a PVP zone at level 16? Westfall is where its at.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I might be 17 now, regardless, that's where all of my quests have pushed me.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you are looking to buff up a little before going back to Redridge, you can try out Loch Modan. Its like the Dwarf/Gnome Westfall, and you should get to 20 easily over there. From stormwind, take the train to Ironforge and run East through the tunnels. It's still alliance so any Horde coming through there can't bother you.

Yeah theres a bunch of 18+ elite ogres up in the North Eastern part of Loch Modan that are great for leveling. Plus there is a few quests to go with them.

I'm level 20 and I'm in Ashenvale (I'm a human priest too), but I haven't gotten any troubles with Horde yet. Then again, I play late at night and I'm on the west coast.

I'll be on tonight for a bit. I've been playing a lot of LOTRO though, so if I'm not on and you guys need one more, look for me on Xfire.

Mr. Anderson, where are you?

I was thinking about a stockades run. It's in Stormwind, most the quests are shareable. Levs, need to be 24-32. I know we have a couple people near to that 25 mark. Can we actually get a group instance?

Sorry I haven't been on much, it's just hard to play WoW on this monitor. It really hurts my eyes. :lol: I'm gonna hook my old one back up until I get a new video card, so I should be on more often.

I got the trial today.. It really is like crack ahaha I love playing.

Im gonna see how these 10 days fair before I make the decision of whether to subscribe or not!

bread's done
Back