World of Warcraft: The Official CAG Thread - Guild is DEAD! STAY AWAY!

Helpful Hints (Addons, etc)
==================================

Whether you're new to WOW of not, there is a plethora of resources out there that can really enhance your experience in the game. Sometimes figuring out where to go for some of the quests (who or what to kill, and where they are) can be daunting. I just wanted to share some of the resources I use to help me get through the large realm of Azeroth.

1. Cosmos UI for WOW - http://www.cosmosui.org/
this adds a ton of addons, most importantly a coordinate system where you can type in a coordinate and a way point appears on your map to help direct you as to where u are going. Also displays info such as DPS, XPS per hour, stuff to help with Auction pricing. This stuff is priceless!

2. Titan Panel - http://www.wowwiki.com/Titan_Panel
I believe this has addons similar to Cosmos. I've never used, maybe someone who does can elaborate.

3. Thottbot - http://www.thottbot.com/
Great website, search ANY quest here, and get valuable info, such as locations, coordinates. A GREAT RESOURCE!!

4. The Instance Podcast - http://myextralife.com/wow/
Always a great spot for tips and tricks, and not to mention funny.

Well thats all I can think of this early in the AM, anyone else have others, please feel free to add.

-For the Horde!

Had a lot of fun beating up on defias in westfall last night. Thanks again for summoning me off that Island! Now I can grab all the flight paths for the way back.

Hey, do you think it would be a good idea to update the OP with all the CAG names/character names. Just so we know who we're talking to in game :)

I use Titan Panel. It has a lot of similar features that Cosmos have. It was pretty good when I started using it during my first time playing, but after I came back with the updated features on the Titan Panel, my action bar (the one with the spells) actually blocks my first line of the chattbox. I don't know is it my resolution (I run 1440x900 for widescreen), but it's getting annoying not being able to read other people's messages. But otherwise, Titan Panel isn't too bad. I'm probably going to try Cosmos when later tonight.

Aside for online information about quests, mobs, etc, I use http://wow.allakhazam.com/. I sometimes use Thottbot too to double check information, but I like allakhazam better because it just looks nicer.

[quote name='jalu6']Had a lot of fun beating up on defias in westfall last night. Thanks again for summoning me off that Island! Now I can grab all the flight paths for the way back.

Hey, do you think it would be a good idea to update the OP with all the CAG names/character names. Just so we know who we're talking to in game :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah that was fun! It'd be nice if we got more people to group with and stuff.

As for helpful sites, I mainly use www.wowhead.com and for awesome loot tables for each class i use www.wow-loot.com !

i made a character, named Ramstoria, draenei hunter. im in the guild, ill see you guys around, but i dont know how much ill actually play.

hey anderson, you should update the OP with name/race/class. just a thought.

Yeah, I'll re-do the OP in a bit. Just haven't gotten around to updating it. :D

EDIT: Damn, didn't get a chance to update it tonight, but I swear I'll do it tommorow.

I'm going to fall behind in leveling since I got too much school stuff going on for the next week.

I'll probably going to log in and fiddle around with my auctioneer though.

Paulh, lvl 7 human warlock.

I just got this yesterday, I like it alot but am confused alot of the times, I'm just going solo right now and trying to do the quests and figure out all the basics.

Count me in for the guild please, so far I'm just hanging out in Northsire if anyones nearby.

[quote name='soliddragon']OK Ya'll, it's the weekend! Finally, what say we group up for some Deadmines action this weekend?[/quote]

I'm game, hopefully we can muster up a nice group.

Not really,we'll be running it again, either today or tomorrow, it was fun getting a taste of some sweet Deadmine action though. Here's a pic of CAG's in Azeroth!

526383990_16150b3c0e.jpg

[quote name='soliddragon']Not really,we'll be running it again, either today or tomorrow, it was fun getting a taste of some sweet Deadmine action though. Here's a pic of CAG's in Azeroth!

526383990_16150b3c0e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol: Good stuff. What time would be good for everyone for a Deadmines run?

OK I decided to start a human rogue since I have never really played a rogue (named Gdrx). I'll look for some of you guys later today.

[quote name='gdrx']OK I decided to start a human rogue since I have never really played a rogue (named Gdrx). I'll look for some of you guys later today.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Shockingly, we have no rogue. Frankly we could use a little extra DPS.

[quote name='gdrx']OK I decided to start a human rogue since I have never really played a rogue (named Gdrx). I'll look for some of you guys later today.[/QUOTE]

I tried to add you to my friends list, but it said player not found.

Hmmm..That's wierd. I started last night.

I actually bought a new computer yesterday (with Vista), and I am having trouble running WoW. There are all kinds of wierd graphical glitches.

Anyway, until I can figure it out, I'll be playing on my old computer. I'll look for some of you guys later this evening.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Whoa 14 people in a guild and no rogues????? I think that's some kind of record.[/QUOTE]

Warlocks and Hunters are the new Rogues. Most all the farmers switched from Rogues to Hunters and all the players who go for the flavor of the week switched to Warlocks.

[quote name='jimbodan']Warlocks and Hunters are the new Rogues. Most all the farmers switched from Rogues to Hunters and all the players who go for the flavor of the week switched to Warlocks.[/QUOTE]
Well its no wonder with warlocks they have some how been super powerful with minimum nerfing for a long time. Rogues my favorite class actually but alliance I would only play a NE rogue and I would rather not.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Well its no wonder with warlocks they have some how been super powerful with minimum nerfing for a long time. Rogues my favorite class actually but alliance I would only play a NE rogue and I would rather not.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it all depends. In raids yes Warlocks can spec affliction or destruction and in the right group (with a shadowpriest for example) can top the damage meters. I've also seen a lot of Rogues that can still out dps or at least come damn close to Warlocks dps. However in pvp you had better be destruction spec because dots are near useless now in pvp since just about every other class has way more burst damage can then dots can provide.

Kinda ruins the fun of playing a Warlock imo when you're basically forced to spec one way to be effective. I remember in the days before the Burning Crusade when I could absolutely own the BG's with my affliction Warlock, now that just doesn't happen. Healing classes can just heal through dots or remove them, Rogues can completely get rid of them, and Warriors have too much hp for them to really be effective before you are destroyed by their shiny new weapons.

Coming from a longtime Warlock player who has leveled multiple Warlocks and played Warlocks significantly in both end game raiding and pvp I have come to the conclusion that the class is simply no where near as overpowered as people seem to think it is. For me in fact the class is no longer fun to play, which is why I decided to start all over from scratch with an entirely different class despite almost 2 years of experience playing a Warlock. A lot of you people rolling Warlocks are going to be very disappointed.

Ok, I got a new computer about a week ago and my PC gaming itch now has to be scratched. I have a 50ish NE Hunter on Cenarius but I'm not opposed to rolling a new one with you guys.

Any specific wants? Anything other than NE and Hunter is cool with me, shadow priest looked fun, but I really don't have any concept of anything outside of the NE Hunter and a limited bit of Warlock action.

Thoughts?

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Ok, I got a new computer about a week ago and my PC gaming itch now has to be scratched. I have a 50ish NE Hunter on Cenarius but I'm not opposed to rolling a new one with you guys.

Any specific wants? Anything other than NE and Hunter is cool with me, shadow priest looked fun, but I really don't have any concept of anything outside of the NE Hunter and a limited bit of Warlock action.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
If you take a look at our stats, http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/guild-info.xml?r=Agamaggan&n=CAG&p=1

We have a severe need of Hunters, Druids, and Rogues.

Roll up a toon and give one of us a tell. Be glad to have ya!

This is me: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&n=Ixtab

I don't think I could handle another 50+ levels of hunter. Rogues never interested me as much and druids I guess I had always heard they were mostly outmatched. Is that the case?

I play as a druid lev 42 on another server (my first), and I've found it to be a great experience, as they (IMO) offer one of the most varied play experiences around. They offer a greater flexibility than any other class. Wanna heal, tank, or just add to DPS, they do it all! not to mention the different forms they get, water, bear, cat, travel, and now Flight!

I personally love Druids, but I guess it all comes down to what YOU find is fun. Besides, our clan is totally open, you choose what you want to play, and send one of us a tell. Don't feel you HAVE to choose a specific class, just do whats fun.

Hope to see you on soon!

[quote name='soliddragon']I play as a druid lev 42 on another server (my first), and I've found it to be a great experience, as they (IMO) offer one of the most varied play experiences around. They offer a greater flexibility than any other class. Wanna heal, tank, or just add to DPS, they do it all! not to mention the different forms they get, water, bear, cat, travel, and now Flight!

I personally love Druids, but I guess it all comes down to what YOU find is fun. Besides, our clan is totally open, you choose what you want to play, and send one of us a tell. Don't feel you HAVE to choose a specific class, just do whats fun.

Hope to see you on soon![/quote]

i would have been a druid, but i didnt want to be a night elf

I think I'm leaning rogue or priest. I'll log on tonight and see where inspiration takes me. The form shifting of the druid doesn't appeal to me too much, but hopefully I can help out regardless.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I think I'm leaning rogue or priest. I'll log on tonight and see where inspiration takes me. The form shifting of the druid doesn't appeal to me too much, but hopefully I can help out regardless.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, we're a pretty accepting bunch, just play whatever you like. Hey, if our next VC run ends up being 4 priests and my shammy, at least we know we won't have a problem getting a rez.

Ok, I rolled a priest. My handle is Baudelaire. I didn't know this was a PVP server, should be different. I was on a PvE before. Add me to the list, I'll be busy using my weak priest attacks.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']So how does a deadmines run tonight sound? Maybe 7-8ish?[/QUOTE]

Is that server time? I may join if you guys run one later than that (I am on the west coast after all).

[quote name='Over easy']Is that server time? I may join if you guys run one later than that (I am on the west coast after all).[/quote]

weird, a dozen people in the clan an 2 from davis

I don't think I can get to 15 or 17 or whatever it is in time, otherwise I'd be there.

(Also, I'm having second thoughts on priest, so I'll probably try out a rogue or druid or shaman or something just to see how I like it.)

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I don't think I can get to 15 or 17 or whatever it is in time, otherwise I'd be there.

(Also, I'm having second thoughts on priest, so I'll probably try out a rogue or druid or shaman or something just to see how I like it.)[/QUOTE]

LOL I know what u mean, my priesty = massive squishy! But, it's been kinda fun healing people at the brink of death's door.

Nothing really grabs me is the problem. Hunter was a no brainer but I burned out on that. 10 minutes ago I wanted to be a mage. 20 minutes ago I wanted to be a shaman. 30 minutes ago I wanted to be a paladin. I probably sound schizo at this point.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Nothing really grabs me is the problem. Hunter was a no brainer but I burned out on that. 10 minutes ago I wanted to be a mage. 20 minutes ago I wanted to be a shaman. 30 minutes ago I wanted to be a paladin. I probably sound schizo at this point.[/QUOTE]

Try a druid then. You have a few long range spells, you can DPS up close when you get cat form and you're a healer second only to a priest (which to some is debateable). Just know you don't get the good stuff until level 20 or so.

I should be around tonight, hopefully around 9. I just got my healing wave totem and frost shock. So we shall be unstoppable.

Alright, I'll give druid a shot. Just be prepared for a tell here or there if I need some guidance. That is, unless I talk myself into mage with the 3 remaining hours of work I have.

Anyone here ever worked a mage? Pros or cons?

Edit: Turns out you have to be night elf to be an alliance druid. Didn't know that and I've spent my entire WoW life as a night elf to this point, so that might be out too. This thread is becoming a "Dave can't pick a damn class" thread, so I'll quit whining about my indecisiveness. Thanks much for the help thus far though. I think I'm going to settle on Warlock because I've wanted to play it for a long time but didn't because it seemed the group was stocked. That's no way to choose though :) So, warlock it is. See you all out there.

well i got up to 11 and finally got my pet, i should be ready to start runnin in a day or two.

im not sure what everyone elses schedules like, but dungeon runs are better for me in the daytime, like before 6pm server time.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']well i got up to 11 and finally got my pet, i should be ready to start runnin in a day or two.

im not sure what everyone elses schedules like, but dungeon runs are better for me in the daytime, like before 6pm server time.[/QUOTE]

pretty much the exact opposite for me. I'm a night time gamer.

bread's done
Back