World of Warcraft: The Official CAG Thread - Guild is DEAD! STAY AWAY!

everytime I play I'm the only person in the guild on, I know I play late in the night but are you guys giving up already?

[quote name='Francis']everytime I play I'm the only person in the guild on, I know I play late in the night but are you guys giving up already?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I've been out so much, I've just been busy with rl and my 360. I plan on getting back into WoW VERY soon and I hope we can get folks interested again. :D

[quote name='jimbodan']A lot of you people rolling Warlocks are going to be very disappointed.[/quote]

Damn is that true? Warlock is my favorite class, and I loved them because of their affliction spells. Infact, I always won in PvP (Non Arena) against the alliance (I was a horde player) because I would just fear kite them and afflict the shit out of them.

And as for the CAG guild. I am pretty interested in joining the guild. But I don't even have the burning crusade. I quit last summer because I could never get a good group for anything past level 48 (where I stopped). I would literally sit outsite of Zul Farak for like 2 hours LFG and would always be short of 1 tank or healer. So I ended up getting so frustrated with the damn game that I just quit.

But anyway, how many active players are there in the CAG guild right now? You all seem to be pretty into the game and whatnot so thats definately promising. I dont have Burning Crusade and really am not thrilled to pay $40 for a damn expansion. Would I need the Burning Crusade to play with you guys?

So I don't know, if you could all give me some insight on whats going on I will consider joining and whatnot. Thanks!

Oh and one other thing. ALLIANCE?! Why did you guys choose alliance?? Its ALL ABOUT the HORDE! lol

[quote name='Domikaze']Damn is that true? Warlock is my favorite class, and I loved them because of their affliction spells. Infact, I always won in PvP (Non Arena) against the alliance (I was a horde player) because I would just fear kite them and afflict the shit out of them.

[/QUOTE]

It's ESPECIALLY true if you want to PVP as an affliction lock. Goodluck with that in TBC.

Alot of people still play WoW. We sell 20-30 copies of WoW a week and at least 10 copies of Burning Crusade. We do sell them for in game gold as well as paypal so alot of people that buy them already are playing... good game though!

Anyone still play? I'm about to run out and pick this up right now, and I wouldn't mind joining up with some CAGs later on.

Well, I made my guy, but I have to wait until I get my new video card in the mail before I can really play. IGN is RenegadeZero and im a rogue night elf.

Scratch that, rerolled and currently have a Night Elf Hunter. New name is, Leguadel.

whats up guys. i just started playing WoW and im enjoying it so far

lvl 13 human rouge

my friend got me playing it. im still learning so i have alot of questions, not sure if i can ask here or elsewhere.

I currently play on server Dragonmaw as tenzor a 54 night elf hunter. Anyone who is on that server feel free to msg me so we can quest or play etc.

Thats it, twas the end of the line for ole Ixtab. I /gquit last night, and now I'm a free agent! Thanks for the times boyos!

Now I shall seek revenge on all of you for abandoning me!!!

/mourn

Wow, haven't checked this thread in a while. I think my character is still in the guild, but I cancelled my WoW sub to concentrate on my console backlog. I'm sure I'll be back eventually though.

lvl 25 human rogue

server: mug'thol

character name: Spiderpigg

not in any guild

feel free to add me, i could always use some help.

[quote name='Mattte']Yeah but it still costs $20[/quote]

i'd rather pay than level my toons all over again :wall:

I have a 67 mage on smolderthron ready to hit 70 and ready to start Kara attunement soon. Icyserenade is my name if you ever stop by.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Noob question...Can you play this game offline, like a campaign mode or something like that?[/QUOTE]
Nope, you can't even log in at all if the servers are down.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Nope, you can't even log in at all if the servers are down.[/quote]

Bummer...sounds like a fun game but I just can't get myself to pay a monthly fee.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Bummer...sounds like a fun game but I just can't get myself to pay a monthly fee.[/quote]

They have a 10 day trial that lets you play the game for free. I believe there is a level restriction that goes along with the 10 day restriction but you could generate new trial keys as many times as you want.

I played horde on Kil'Jaeden for about 2 years on 3 different characters, just curious if any other CAGs played there as horde or alliance.

[quote name='Justden']They have a 10 day trial that lets you play the game for free. I believe there is a level restriction that goes along with the 10 day restriction but you could generate new trial keys as many times as you want.[/quote]I'm actually enjoying that trial myself. I haven't experienced a level cap yet, but I'm also only at 16. :/

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'm actually enjoying that trial myself. I haven't experienced a level cap yet, but I'm also only at 16. :/[/QUOTE]

IIRC the level cap for the trial is level 20, so perhaps you've hit it by now :)

I just re-subscribed after a 6-month absence; the game seems to do that to me (previously I played from ~late 2005 to mid 2006, and again from early 2007 to mid 2007). Fun game, even for a casual, sucks-at-PVP, slow-leveling, non-raiding lorefiend like myself.

Loving the new Azeroth XP gain changes they apparently made in patch 2.3, it's really, really noticeable how much faster you level.

Ugh. I've given the game a shot again too. Yep, the trial cap is level 20.
I'm not sure how old the program is, but theres also now a 10-day trial for previous customers that apparently can be done once per account, works just like the Recruit-A-Friend but you had to have been away from WoW for 90+ days. So if you know someone who use to play, you can toss them a 10-day trial, apparently. Its the "Scroll of Resurrection" and is on the main page of their site.

From my trial, which might be bugged, I can also use the broker and such too, so it isn't like the original trial.

Well, I sold my account recently. I made it to 70 but I figured it was time to stop, I started getting into raiding but I found it just took way too much time. Despite the painful grinding I did have some good times with it.

I'm thinking about picking this game up this week but I don't have a clue what to do. How do you guys recommend I start out? Anybody wanna take me under their wing? lol Also how much does it cost monthly? I see the "battle chest" only comes with a frickin 10 day trial.

Amazon & Best Buy both have 60-day cards @ 26.99 right now, fyi.
I still have three trial/resurrections left if anyone is either looking to try it, or want to give WoW another 10 days of fun if they had downtime though you have to been away from WoW for 90 days for the resurrection.

What server are those still playing the game on?

I'm looking to get back to playing WoW again after selling my old account w/ T4 + S2 gear and crap.

I really want some other people to play with, since most of my guild from before are no longer playing.

I used to play on Tichondrius, probably THE hands-down best PvP server in the US. It's pretty highly populated, but I'm prolly gonna start playing there again.

Amazon had the Battlechest for 29.99 Prinny, but its sold out atm. Unless you already have the retail box, of course, then thats moot .. lol

My gf convienced me to do the ten day trial and now I have ordered WoW and BC for pick up this weekend. Anywho, if anyone happens to play on PVP Dethecus I play as Theoderic, a Human Paladin for the Alliance. Also of note, today is the 1st anniversary of BC and Blizzard is giving away a free 10 day trial for those who do not have BC.

I think they've been doing that 10-day trial for BC for a few months Ernest, I know thats how I got back into Wow about three weeks ago. I'm still on Ysera, with another newb (highest being 23) but this time on Horde side. Already got 400g on my level 20 though. Yes, I enjoy BGs and making gold.

I don't understand why people sell their accounts and get back into it a few months to a year later. Don't you miss your gear? Doesn't it suck having to go back through all the shitty zones you hated (Desolace, Un'goro)? When the expansions come out and you have new content, you have to wait an extremely long time while you grind up to 58 or 68 to get to the good stuff. It just seems really stupid to me. WoW isn't a used copy of Final Fantasy you can just pick up at GameStop for 5 bucks and use your old saved games.

[quote name='Foladar']I think they've been doing that 10-day trial for BC for a few months Ernest, I know thats how I got back into Wow about three weeks ago. I'm still on Ysera, with another newb (highest being 23) but this time on Horde side. Already got 400g on my level 20 though. Yes, I enjoy BGs and making gold.[/quote] Upgraded to a full account, and I bought BC. Foladar- how in the heck did you get 400g so quickly! My Paladin is level 14 and I am happy with 42 silver. I know that I am a noob, but did I miss something? Hahaha. Quick story to relate- I was in Westfall completing a quest where I had to kill 20 Harvest Watchers. I was getting my ass kicked when a whole brigade of folks came in, killed all the monsters for me, thus saving my ass from having to walk all the way back from a graveyard. Then one of the guys stops and tells me to open up my trade menu. He gives me a shield with 300+ armor, says to enjoy it and not get killed, and then runs off before I can thank him. This is my first MMORPG, but wow. Didn't think anyone cared. Guy didnt even ask for anything in return.

[quote name='Ernest_360']Upgraded to a full account, and I bought BC. Foladar- how in the heck did you get 400g so quickly! My Paladin is level 14 and I am happy with 42 silver. I know that I am a noob, but did I miss something? Hahaha. Quick story to relate- I was in Westfall completing a quest where I had to kill 20 Harvest Watchers. I was getting my ass kicked when a whole brigade of folks came in, killed all the monsters for me, thus saving my ass from having to walk all the way back from a graveyard. Then one of the guys stops and tells me to open up my trade menu. He gives me a shield with 300+ armor, says to enjoy it and not get killed, and then runs off before I can thank him. This is my first MMORPG, but wow. Didn't think anyone cared. Guy didnt even ask for anything in return.[/quote]

You'll find many people who are willing to help for no reason, or if they're bored. Then there are those others... >.>

[quote name='Ernest_360']Upgraded to a full account, and I bought BC. Foladar- how in the heck did you get 400g so quickly! My Paladin is level 14 and I am happy with 42 silver. I know that I am a noob, but did I miss something? Hahaha. Quick story to relate- I was in Westfall completing a quest where I had to kill 20 Harvest Watchers. I was getting my ass kicked when a whole brigade of folks came in, killed all the monsters for me, thus saving my ass from having to walk all the way back from a graveyard. Then one of the guys stops and tells me to open up my trade menu. He gives me a shield with 300+ armor, says to enjoy it and not get killed, and then runs off before I can thank him. This is my first MMORPG, but wow. Didn't think anyone cared. Guy didnt even ask for anything in return.[/quote]
Its a hacked shield, your identity has been stolen and all you money has been withdrawn from all your accounts.

[quote name='p00ndawg']Its a hacked shield, your identity has been stolen and all you money has been withdrawn from all your accounts.[/QUOTE]
sorry, haven't played WoW in a while, but is this a joke or not?

[quote name='Ernest_360']Upgraded to a full account, and I bought BC. Foladar- how in the heck did you get 400g so quickly! My Paladin is level 14 and I am happy with 42 silver. I know that I am a noob, but did I miss something? Hahaha. Quick story to relate- I was in Westfall completing a quest where I had to kill 20 Harvest Watchers. I was getting my ass kicked when a whole brigade of folks came in, killed all the monsters for me, thus saving my ass from having to walk all the way back from a graveyard. Then one of the guys stops and tells me to open up my trade menu. He gives me a shield with 300+ armor, says to enjoy it and not get killed, and then runs off before I can thank him. This is my first MMORPG, but wow. Didn't think anyone cared. Guy didnt even ask for anything in return.[/QUOTE]
This is my second toon so I'm sorta familiar with some things (my first toon was 44, Firetree (PVP) and retired in Feb 07 tho) .. but I took up enchanting for starters, I'm actually up to around 700g on my enchanting toon whose level 20 and my main thats 26 has 188g. I'll shoot you a pm about a few things, but really Auctioneer is the biggest help IMO and make sure you sell +sta / +agi gear upto level 19 for crazy prices.

bread's done
Back