Worst B&M Game Retailer 2009

Gamestop.

I very rarely buy from them (in-store, especially), primarily because of their "new" game practices, and learning that my own family members were ripped off by their prices because they didn't ask me for help makes me even more bitter about them.

GameStop, by far, for a multitude of reasons:

1. Their used games are nearly always in deplorable condition. Nearly every time that I've gone to buy a used game there, I've ended up having to pass on it because the disc has been beaten to hell. They have absolutely no quality control.

2. They continue to insist on putting stickers directly onto the artwork of games, which is a completely unacceptable practice.

3. Their employees are, for the most part, either rude, clueless, or both. For example: If I decide not to buy a game because it's not in a condition that I find acceptable, don't argue with me, don't be snide with me, and don't try to belittle me -- either apologize, just say "no problem" and move on, or don't say anything at all. And also, having an employee trick me into buying an Edge card by telling me that I'd get a discount which I didn't actually get (and then telling me that he couldn't give me a refund on the card afterward when we discovered he was wrong -- I still don't know whether he was really clueless enough to not know, or unscrupulous enough to lie to sell a membership) did not do anything to increase my willingness or desire to shop there.

4. Their online stock tracker is completely inaccurate. More than a few times now I've gone in to a store or called them because the website said that the store had an item that I was looking for, only to be told by the employee at the store that they hadn't actually had the item in stock for months.

5. If you're going to gut games (and while I don't agree with the practice in principle, I can understand the reason behind it) at least do so in such a way that the disc/manual/etc. remain in "new" condition. It's maddening to attempt to purchase a "new" game, only to find that the disc is scratched or the manual is torn because some lame employee couldn't be bothered to handle it with care. I shouldn't have to check the condition of a "new" game when I buy it, but in GameStop, I always do.

Well, when I buy games there, anyway -- which isn't often anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SuperTongue']GameStop. Never went in looking for a deal, and when I did go in (to pick up a game Amazon didn't get it on time), I was practically harassed to preorder it for the next day (as they didn't get it either).

[/QUOTE]

So you go to gamestop to buy games that do not arrive on time from amazon.com? Then return the amazon.com copy? Lame...:roll:

gamestop...for gutting games, never having deals on games that aren't used, and the stickers they put all over their inventory.

I've gotta say TRU on this one. Tried going in for some of their big sales this past year, just to find jack for selection, and when I asked a question regarding if a game was in the guy chucked and brushed me aside. Jackass...

Definitely Gamestop because of all the preorder bullshit every time you buy something from them.

"Hey got any upcoming games you want to preorder? No? What about Smackdown Vs. Raw? No? Come on man, it's Smackdown vs. Raw!?!? No? It's smackdown vs. Raw! No? OK man we'll be here if you change your mind"

--almost verbatim spiel by Gamestop employee

[quote name='Outinthedark']Gamestop...what a pathetic TiV for new releases.[/QUOTE]

This too. You break the shrinkwrap and instantly the value on the game drops 75%. F them.

[quote name='Raid3n']I've gotta say TRU on this one. Tried going in for some of their big sales this past year, just to find jack for selection, and when I asked a question regarding if a game was in the guy chucked and brushed me aside. Jackass...[/QUOTE]

Nothing there during a big sale..........................................He came and went.............El Hoardo!

Not all Gamestops. I love Gamestop, they have great deals if you know how to work the system. Just Gamestop in the Park Place Mall in Tucson, Arizona.

While I always love a good b2g1 on used games at Gamestop. I gotta vote for them as the worst.

I live literally across the street from Gamestop and a local used game store, Replays. I went to Gamestop on Black Friday and while they had a full crew working.

I felt like I was helping customers more than they were. They didn't know which guitars were compatible to what music game. I would answer customers' questions after the employee left stumped.

The store manager is such a smart ass, too. I see him standing on the other side of the counter playing NCAA 10 more than I do anything else. He isn't nice to the patrons, especially to ones that are obviously in there buying gifts for their son/grandson/etc.

So other than that, yeah Gamestop usually stinks. My second choice would be Sears. They have like zero video game inventory.

KMart

Aside from charging full price on everything (no deals), they put half their games lying down in the display case so you have to stand on your toes to see what half the games are!

Too hard.

FYE because right now the one by my house is going out of business. With the half-off everything, most new games are still higher than retail. Really.

Gamestop because it is a 'specialty' store that hires workers that appear to not know their product; moreover, I can't stand being asked to preorder crap all the time. If I really wanted to preorder, I would bring it up. I didn't so just let me swipe my card and get out of there.

Gamestop...

Your NEW game isnt new (unless preordered)...

127 10 year olds, 27 moms, 3 dads, and 1 employee already went thru your game case and jacked it for your 48 hour and Club Nintendo codes

[quote name='Killbomb']Gamestop. Mainly for selling opened games at new prices.[/QUOTE]

How about this: Don't buy these copies and the trend will stop.

bread's done
Back