Worst B&M Game Retailer 2009

Anyone that doesn't vote KMart has clearly not been in a KMart for a very long time. They are just abysmal. Terrible selection, terrible prices, and they put games lying flat down in a display case so you have to stand on your toes to see what they are. Gamestop is awesome, great selection of used games, and they haven't been harassing me at all for preorders the last year or so.

I do not know what would shock me more. Gamestop not "winning" this or the cubs winning the world series this year.

FYE, mainly because thy overcharge for everything (video games and DVDs).

GameStop isn't bad, except for the fact that used games now almost always come in those crappy handmade cases (one of which was broken, but I didn't realize the case was broken until I got home).

[quote name='pjarvi']Anyone that doesn't vote KMart has clearly not been in a KMart for a very long time. They are just abysmal. Terrible selection, terrible prices, and they put games lying flat down in a display case so you have to stand on your toes to see what they are. Gamestop is awesome, great selection of used games, and they haven't been harassing me at all for preorders the last year or so.[/QUOTE]

The negatives that you list for Kmart are frequently positives. If I wanted to, I could roll down to my local Kmart right now and grab a new, sealed copy of Zelda - Twilight Princess for Gamecube. I can do that simply because the copies that they have now spent the last three years buried under various crappy games and not getting purchased.

Every Kmart is a potential gold mine if you're willing to harass the employees and do a little digging. With Gamestop, you generally know what you're getting and it is frequently missing an instruction book.

I voted FYE, but in retrospect I should have voted Walmart if I could. At least FYE doesn't pretend to have good deals on games, they're just ridiculously overpriced.

Walmart on the other hand will have sales that none of the employees even know about, they have horrible communication between stores and website, don't always price match even though they promise to always have the lowest price, and lets face it, their stores are getto.

gamestop

only reason to go there is for b2g1 free. if they had some crazy sales on xbox or ps2 games to get rid of backstock, (i didnt find any at least) they could have been better.

I've been to Kmart a LOT, and I don't know if they've ever really had a good deal for games and electronics. So it gets my vote for worse BM retailer.

Ha. BM.

I would have voted for Shopko if they were an option, I have never seen a single good game deal there and they always have older games that are way overpriced.

I think this award should be shared by everyone not named Toys R Us (which busted out TONS of gaming deals in 2009 in CC's absence)... voted for Gamestop.

Can I vote for Gamestop AND FYE? Gamestop for being everything we all know and hate, FYE for marking games and systems above MSRP and then putting them "on sale" for MSRP?

FYE,

Did you know some of their stores gut all games and have the empty cases on the shelf? I was at the one in Bayside, Queens last night for an exchange for Mass Effect 2. All seven of them gutted, along with all other games. WTF!!!!

bread's done
Back