Worst B&M Game Retailer 2010

Someone would have to work pretty hard to top Gamestop in this category. No one is up to the challenge this year...

KMart, anyone that says otherwise simply never stepped foot inside a KMart. Half the games in the display cabinets are lying down facing upwards on shelves that are higher than your head making it impossible to see what they are.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Gamestop

end of discussion......[/QUOTE]

Indeed! Two Worlds 2 preorder never showed up on time. Called them a week later, still no game. Said they'd call me. Never did. Canceled preorder. Never again.

Gamestop. Their minions' tireless exaltation of their deals has kept me out of their stores all year, with ONE exception.

I'm shocked the replies aren't Wal-Mart by a landslide. Every time I walk into the electronics department in one, it's depressing.

All have their faults (obviously), but Walmart has the highest failure % across the board.

The place is a clusterfuck with nearly 0 incentive. The few half-decent promos they tried were failures.

GameStop (and others) may have given you more things to bitch about, but that's because they gave you a reason to step foot into their stores in the first place.

Walmart - the Site to Store program takes about 45 minutes to get someone to help get your package from the back and couple times my stuff was still in the truck and asked to comeback another day.

Walmart easily.

GS gets a lot of hate but there were some good sales there this year and plenty of times where great trade in deals meant the TIV were simply better than Amazon.

Walmart never has anything on sale, its impossible to find anybody who knows anything about games, lack of any kind of loyalty program.

Pretty obvious Gamestop is going to "win" this but Walmart is clearly the worst. GS is worth walking into for finding old gems and occasionally good deals and trade ins. Wal-Mart is never worth walking into.

K-Mart by default they actually have deals even though their knowledge of said deals at the store is a dice roll.

[quote name='slidecage']Best buy..... i did the buy 2 games for 20 and get a 20 buck gift card free first week of dec

Got cooking mama 2 and garding mama ...... got charged 40 bucks .... the second game went to backorder and never shipped and then got hit with another 20 buck charge for the gift card cause i only ordered 1 game ..... they still have not fixxed the billing problem[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me (different titles obviously)

So Best Buy for me.

As much hate as Gamestop is getting in this thread, I'm going with Walmart. They never have a good selection where I live. Plus, they still have original Xbox games (PSO Ep 1 and 2) at full retail $45!

going with Gamestop, I'll never forgive them for when i preordered Mirrors Edge and showed up on release day to pick it up, the worker said they weren't unpacked yet and come back tomorrow, i was in a hurry so i did, guy greets me and says he has my game, i ask him where my preorder bonus is, he ran out of them yesterday. haven't bought anything from them since

I strongly dislike GameStop. They are really good at screwing up pre-orders.

They are not the same company that they used to be when it was EB.

Walmart

They don't put out their own deals and when you bring in an ad they treat you like a criminal for asking for a price match, even though there are signs everywhere advertising the policy. Plus, their selection sucks. One of the stores here still has the Collector's Edition of Halo Wars for $80 and they refuse to drop the price. I asked.

Best Buy. Did they have a single offer this year that wasn't bested somewhere else? That, and taking away the online coupons in favor of hawking their shit assed magazine gets my vote. fuck Best Buy.

GS. Every time I go there I feel disappointing, and disgusted. I find a rare game, and find the manual got chewed up by a dog, and the disc looks like someone wiped their ass with it.

Walmart really sucked this past year, Black friday ad stated over 40-60 titles at 9.99-14.99 - they had maybe 12 and nothing good, no real good deals. I still have an e-gift card.

Glad to see some other people voting for my perrenial favorite in this category: Walmart. It is so easy to pick on Gamestop. I, for one, appreciate their trade-in deals and occasional low prices on some games. Walmart, on the other hand, never seems to have anything more than a few cents less than MSRP. That and highly YMMV clearances make them pretty worthless for game shopping.

Gamestop for harassing me with 25 different preorder requests every single time i walk in there. At this point, i tell them all I own is a Gamecast.

bread's done
Back