Worst B&M Game Retailer 2011

[quote name='io']I know Gamestop will win as always, but I put in my annual vote for Walmart. I just can't stand going there in general and it is even worse for video games. Not having consistent clearance pricing drives me nuts.

I've gotten some good deals at GS, and I can use my trade-in credit to make them even cheaper. Anyone who knows how to be a good CAG would not vote GS ;). Plus, just recently I was able to call Gamestop and have them hold Skylanders figures my kids were looking for until I could get up there later in the evening - no other retailer would do that.[/QUOTE]

This.
I vote Walmart.

Gamestop is the easy choice here. The poor customer service, the whoring of their preorder program, the whole Deus Ex fiasco, the bad trade-in prices, the gutted games at full price, ect. I could go on forever.

Gamestop here hands down, got a few decent deals there but for the most part deals there are a joke and the fact that they open all new copies of every game they get in and reseal them makes me avoid them at all costs unless a deal is way too good to pass up. Walmart has basically no deals at all and finding someone to grab a game from is a pain but at least you don't have new games opened and resealed then sold as new.

Definitely GameStop this year. Remember the issue where they pulled the free codes from Portal 2 I think it was and sold them without telling people? Yeah.

Wal-mart, mainly because every time I went there, the people were not helpful in the least, and nobody was staffed in the electronics department of the store.

Best Buy is a NIGHTMARE. Worst customer service, no help, wrong game editions, attitudes, and THE ABSOLUTE TRAGEDY THAT IS THE CUSTOMER PICK-UP LINE.

gamestop... they have notoriously bad sales practices, treat their employees like crap, and their stores are super tiny and always packed with the biggest weirdos.

bread's done
Back