Worst B&M Game Retailer 2011

I know Gamestop will win as always, but I put in my annual vote for Walmart. I just can't stand going there in general and it is even worse for video games. Not having consistent clearance pricing drives me nuts.

I've gotten some good deals at GS, and I can use my trade-in credit to make them even cheaper. Anyone who knows how to be a good CAG would not vote GS ;). Plus, just recently I was able to call Gamestop and have them hold Skylanders figures my kids were looking for until I could get up there later in the evening - no other retailer would do that.

Just to be contrary, Wal-Mart is laughable near where I live. The have few new titles (unless you like shooters or sports) and charge MSRP (I honestly cannot remember last discount I saw there...) and if you do want to buy a game always a chore to hunt down an employee (who are never knowledgable or helpful).

While my Gamestop purchases have vastly gone down over course of past 10 years I occasionally stop by, if only because girl at local one knows games and is helpful (she even directed me to other places for deals...I think she hates it there at GS)

Best Buy, they sell my pre-orders, have terrible customer service. I like GameStop, the guys that work at the one by me are cool.

[quote name='Vegan']Wal-mart is an awful place and all, but the people who buy games at Gamestop does more harm to video games than anything.[/QUOTE]

fixed

i am judging off of my personal experience with GS, which at the 3 stores in my area, has always been solid. the employees are first name, always friendly and helpful, and most have an actual passion for gaming... unlike Walmart. I do not consider them a video game retialer but just a retialer that happens to carry games, right next to the shotguns and beer.

Gamestop. That thing with the onlive coupons in Deus Ex was shady, and very against my love of free stuff.

Everybody likes to hate on Gamestop. I do myself from time to time. But I've never bought a game at Target. They have almost nothing to offer CAGs unless you luck up on a clearance item. They get my vote.

Although I bought my Sonic Generations from them I still have to say Game Stop. The total dick head qualities that their employee's proudly display make me utterly not want to shop their ever. On more than one occasion, during black friday sales, and onward they constantly gave me a hard time about prices like I didn't know what the fuck I was talking about until I have to show them on my phone, and the dick heads still want to hold on to their stance just to be right. So fuck Game Stop

Walmart... The stores are scary, the parking lots are even scarier, their game prices never go down and they have really old games at full price!

The only game I purchased at a B&M this year was Skyward Sword at Gamestop.

Pre-ordered the remote bundle and was told they would be opening an hour early for the release. Call weeks later on the day before release to confirm them opening early. Get there in the morning and though there are staff inside, they tell us they're not opening until their regular time.

So after chilling in the parking lot with a bunch of fuming customers for an hour I get in and the cashier tries to convince me I pre-ordered a wrestling game as well. >>

[quote name='KillerRamen']Walmart... The stores are scary, the parking lots are even scarier, their game prices never go down and they have really old games at full price![/QUOTE]

I agree with this, there are good GameStops (I'm lucky that there are several in my area) but I've never had a good experience with trying to buy a game at Wal-Mart

[quote name='usickenme']gamestop, specifically for stealing the free Onlive version of Deus Ex from the versions it sold[/QUOTE]
yup

I can't believe anyone would pick gamestop over walmart. At least I was able to get some good deals at gamestop this year. Isn't CAG for cheap ass gamers? By the sounds of it people just like to hate a company more than actually have a reason for it.

[quote name='Kristopher']I can't believe anyone would pick gamestop over walmart. At least I was able to get some good deals at gamestop this year. Isn't CAG for cheap ass gamers? By the sounds of it people just like to hate a company more than actually have a reason for it.[/QUOTE]

Looks up. The poll is for WORST, not least cheapest.

bread's done
Back