Worst B&M Game Retailer 2011

[quote name='xcoax']As an employee of the store, I'm going to go with Gamestop. I don't even want to shop in my place of business.[/QUOTE]

Haha.

Gamestop gets my vote.

gamestop i mean really stealing deus ex free copies!!! i only go here if i'm looking for ps2 games but i'd rather go to play in trade cause 9 out of 10 times play in trade has the case and manual

Always gamestop for trying to sell unsealed games as NEW.

I don't know how anyone can even consider bestbuy in this category for 2011. Were you in a coma for the last few months?!?!?!?

I was torn between Best Buy and K-Mart, but I had to go with Best Buy because - for some odd reason - they usually do not match the US prices over here, nor do they ship to Puerto Rico (which is pretty stupid if you ask me). At least K-mart started price matching the US sales last year.

I voted GameStop on pure instinct...but I know I didn't buy a game from WalMart all year. Though that $49.99 "deal" on robo cop for the original xBox was tempting.

I know we are talking about 2011 and I'm not a big fan of Gamestop, but I have bought a new game there in the last few years. I can't remember the last game I bought at Walmart. I think it may have been something for the original Xbox.

GameStop...mostly because of the whole "we gut new copies of the new games and still sell them as "new"" (reserved the only 360 copy of 5th Anniversary Edition of Oblivion at my local GS store. Went into the store to pick up, they couldn't find. Found it on the new game shelf, already opened, and the game disks were in sleeves, behind the counter. Asked them "Why the f@#& is my reserve game opened and on the shelf?" They told me "This was the only copy we got in so we opened it and placed it on the shelf so other customers would see it and consider buying a copy. Just standard procedure with new games.")

WTF?! Maybe if you had more copies but that was the only copy the store got and I had reserved and already paid for it. It was mine and mine alone. They had to right to gut it and shelf it!

That's why GameStop sucks this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol didn't even hesitate or read the comments below. Gamestop. Though they were the first to offer all the Move peripherals for half off which I took advantage of.

Tempted to vote Gamestop, but if you have ever bought a game from Kmart, you know it can be a huge hassle. A shame, since that guy put a lot of effort into putting together deals for CAGs, but if you can get to a KMart (and good luck, they are usually in bad neighborhoods unless you live in NYC), the game-buying experience sucks. No one knows what they are doing, it is hard to find an employee, and the electronics section is unmanned and disorganized.

Gamestop has a lock on this category from their ridiculous policy of opening new games, subjecting all the contents (disc, case, instructions, vouchers, etc.) to abuse, and then selling it to you at full MSRP.

The fact that employees sometimes use Gamestop as their own free Gamefly service irks me.

I feel sorry for all you people having to deal with poor service from Gamestop. My local store is awesome.

Now, if my local PlayN'Trade was on this list, that's what I would be voting for.

I know people are going to pick GameStop, but I had some pretty terrible experiences buying games at Target this year. Plus they never keep much of anything in stock. Maybe it'd just my Target, but I'm going with my personal experience on this one.

I had 2 poor transactions at Gamestop, 1 at Best Buy so I guess for me Gamestop takes the crown.

I know GS is going to take the crown but I haven't had any negative transactions with them in quite a long time. My vote went to Wal-Mart for the way they handle their Black Friday video game deals... which is to incite riots.

Best Buy. I bought the $60 Tiger Woods Move Bundle, they backordered soon after, but sent the free promotional Nav controller, they cancelled and charged me for the Nav.

bread's done
Back