Worst B&M Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBGames/Gamestop.

Never any good deals, staff is always disinterested, deceiving or uninformed, and never having any copies of games except for pre-orders is annoying.

Plus, their used games are almost always of poor quality. I still don't understand the practice of taking trade-ins without the original case or manual.

Gamestop aka the Evil Empire. I also nominated Gamestop for CAG villian of the year for killing the Morning Update (and discounts) and Rhino.

EB Games Gamestop it is hard to find good deals there I have found new games at Sears, FYE, TRU, Target for less than their used games.

GameStop.

I was looking for Outrun Coast2Coast for Xbox when it came out, and the guy said it's only for PS2 and PSP. After trying to enlighten him for a few minutes, he eventually said "if it's not in the computer, it doesn't exist."

My vote is for GameCrazy. Today probably wasn't a good day to see this thread. Anyways found huge sheiteload of new clearance game guides that rang up $.01 each. I would say someone in the ballpark of 20+ $.01 guides. I get to the counter with the guides and the guy already knows what's up. Then he says, "You can proabably have these for free, BUTT, let me call my manager to make sure I can do this.." What the hell. Grow some balls at your $5.75/hr job, damn. I hear his side of the conversation, "...No he isn't anyone I know..." WTF kinda of response is that, sorry but how should that matter. Of course you know how this story ends! No guides and one employee is going home happy for all my hard work searching for these guides. I'm sure these guides are destroyed and thrown away.

Just in case this guy reads this and thinks this is about him. Yes this was about you and I don't give a sheite what you think if you read this. I may actually look into some local laws to see if this is legal to refuse a sale for something that's on the floor to be sold. Sorry but if I take the time to search for a product that I believe may be on sale (crazy for that matter) then I believe I should be able to leave that store with said merchandise.

Oh by the way. I am doing everything possible to avoid that place like the plague in hope that Hollywood video decides to get out of the video game business. I almost hope that Gamestop/Blockbuster or someone just buys this company out. They just seem to make up policies whenever a customer seems to be getting too good of deal. The DVD and game rental area of Hollywood video is got to be one of the worst video stores I've ever been to. 5 day game rentals, come on 5 days for like $7 or something. If it wasn't for Ebay and the Hollywood video coupons I would never rent a game from that place. Oh well. Life goes on, and hopefully Best Buy will have some more $.01 guide drops. Have never been refused a $.01 guide at BB.

Sorry for the rant...

Gamestop/EB Games. Everywhere else at least has one redeeming feature, e.g. GGCs (Best Buy) or nice first-week sale prices (Circuit City), but really, more important than anything is just that at least other places don't run a $5 premium on portable games and don't sell used games while pretending they're new.

Wal-Mart. For the biggest retailer in the nation, they should offer way more deals and values than they do. Selling your GH games for $19 or $18 instead of $20 is not 'everyday low prices'

Every other GameStop in Hawaii (except for my local Software Etc.) for having horrible selection, stupid employees, being too expensive, disorganized, and for building the smallest stores possible (and for not displaying Nintendo products as prominantly as other platforms).

Damn tiny stores...

Would have to go with Gamestop/EBGAMES.

They still the "Here's your NEW copy!" and It ends up being a display/gutted copy that is used, and they charge you for a NEW copy. Get tired of that shit and only go there when theres really good deals or I can't find the game anywhere else (new wise). Used wise they are still cool in my book, but they really have to stop with that practice of gutting games.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Ugh, I'm disgusted with TRU.

Ugly staff, rude staff, horrid staff, no organization in the game section, mismarked games. Overall, ass.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've had nothing but the worst customer service from them in the last year.

I'm going to have to vote for my local Best Buy. The staff never seems to be around when you need to ask a question or even at the register when you want to buy something. I tried to buy an optical cable and waited at the head of the ever growing line for a good 8 minutes watching as the staff wandered around the registers but never actually got on any of them except once when one of them wanted to buy some candy for themselves. It seems like I leave Best Buy after giving up on trying to actually buy something more and more often these days. But the one in Tenley Town might just have an extremely bad case of piss poor employees.

GameStop/ebgames - After all these years they still can't make display cases instead of gutting their games? The gutted GBA games are even worse. The used game prices there skyrocketed after the merger too. Also the employees constantly shoving preorders down your throat or trying to push the newest game they ordered 500 copies of gets seriously annoying. Do any employees there actually think Jaws or Driver: Parallel Lines was a must-buy game?

EB games.

There is an EB and a GS in my local mall, and the GS customer service is so much better than the EB's. The people who work in EB are awfully smug/stuck up for nerds working in a game store. -just saying...

I overheard something funny for the wrong reasons while at GameStop yesterday. Some mom wanted to buy the American Idol Karaoke Revolution Bundle and asked the employee if he could open it up so she could see what was inside. His response was, "I can't open it because then it wouldn't be new anymore and I can't sell it as new."

This coming from the store that always tries selling me their last gutted copy with, "It's still new, we just opened it."

Yea...Wal-Mart for sure. The people at my GameStops/EBGames are nice and at least care about games. I sometimes have little conversations with them about whatever I'm buying or whatever. Wal-Mart has a usually unattended game section, and everything's locked up so it's a pain in the ass to browse (read: impossible). Plus, it's Wal-Mart.

GameStop, although I've had very good experiences there. I also love their B2G1 sales, but in this case, the bad severely outweighs the good.

Gotta go with gamestop. I could walk in there naked with a nickel taped to my chest and they would still ask me if I had any trade-ins or if I wanted to preorder madden 2010 for $5. Plus, the staffs at the local stores seems to be getting worse by the day.

Hands down, Walmart. Unless you are lucky enough to live near one of these few Wally Worlds that actually have extraordinary video game clearances, you're stuck with a store with an above average inventory of games for shitty prices...games which never go on sale and sit in the case for literally years with no price reduction.

[quote name='Garfield']GameStop.

I was looking for Outrun Coast2Coast for Xbox when it came out, and the guy said it's only for PS2 and PSP. After trying to enlighten him for a few minutes, he eventually said "if it's not in the computer, it doesn't exist."[/quote]

Coincidentally, that same fault helped me score a copy of it. Rhino had a used one and when they converted over to Gamestop, it was filed away under the Outrun 2 sku. It was complete and only 4.99. Score!

Gamestop and Ebgames this year. Since the merger, there are no longer any good rebate deals at Ebgames any more. I miss getting games for free after a $20 rebate.

Gamestop/eb games definately the worst stores i've ever been to and i hate when they try and sell you one of their "new" games that have been opened already

It really is a two horse race between Wal-Mart (terrible prices) and Gamestop (for gutting every single new DS, GBA, and PSP game they have in stock. 6 gutted copies of Magnetica? WTF?).

Every other store at least has coupons (Best Buy) or clearances every so often.

EBgames. I made it a point to go there every week or so before GS bought them. Now that the transition is in full effect, I only go if they have a special deal or something. Otherwise, it's simply not worth the hastle.

Gamestop. Why? Because I want to buy a game without being yelled at for never preordering anything and for not buying insurance on my 360 games in the event that my 360 decides to scratch rings into the disc (which has never, ever happened to me).

Half the titles at my local Target are Out of Stock. I like shopping at Target but I have to pick them. Plus they don't price match.

But if I am limited to what cheapy has down, I'll say Wal-Mart. Hardly any discounts on old titles at all. 49.99 games at Wally are 29.99 or less elsewhere. They don't always pricedrop when MSRP goes down. Most games are locked up. Limited selection, but at least they have more in stock than Target and price match.

I still have to side with GameStop. There are some Wal-Marts that have great YMMV deals, but every GameStop is pretty much guaranteed to suck.

Another new sucky implementation that many GameStops now do is they put the used stickers on the cover art itself under the plastic and on the book itself. Before you could just peel off the stickers from the case or put the game in a new case, but now you'll always have a permanent reminder that your game is used from GameStop.

Gamestop I know they are one company (signs still different though) but doesn't it seem like the Sstores are run worse than than the EB ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back