Worst Online Game Retailer 2007

Toys R Us on-line... they failed hard a few times during the Christmas Holiday. Shorted me 2 items in 1 order and it was really hard getting the free shipping that was part of the promotion when they tried to fix the problem.

Amazon.com

No other retailer has screwed me around more in the last year when I've tried to order games.

I'll go to Wal Mart before I order from Amazon.com again.

DeepDiscount.com for me. These guys seem 2nd rate by being so hard to contact, slow to ship, and I got a "new" game that looked shrink-wrapped.

Toys R Us definitely.

I ordered 3 games inthe B2G1F deal online, they conveniently "cancelled" the free game, so I got to pay shipping for two full priced games, and then pay to have them shipped back to return them.

Thumbmonkey.com

- They "created" a special coupon for "discounted" shipping just for CAGgers, when they were freely advertising a better one (free shipping) on their lame livejournal.com page.
- They ridiculously charged like $8-10 per game and then $6-7 per additional game.
- They clearly admit they sold used stuff, but when they use the word "mint" and "new" in their titles, it means "may have some minor scratches on disc, that do not affect game play" in their descriptions
- They raised their prices by $1.99 exactly for every single item the day before Black Friday and over time, changed them back after the holidays.

circuit shitty (circuit city)
Worst Buys (Best Buy)
Gamesux (Gamestop/EB Games)

Man I miss those old school EB Games online preplayed and new game online deals dem were the days.

Haven't had too many bad experiences. My choices are based on the worst of my experiences, which compared to other CAGs really aren't that bad.

I'd say Family Video for the slow delivery and lack of communication between their call center and warehouse fullfillment. Circuit City and GS are bad for me also because they don't offer any shipping discounts to my area and are basically not a viable online alternative to their B&M for me.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']circuit shitty (circuit city)
Worst Buys (Best Buy)
Gamesux (Gamestop/EB Games)

Man I miss those old school EB Games online preplayed and new game online deals dem were the days.[/quote]

HA HA!!! It's funny because the real names of the stores are Best Buy and Gamestop but he changed them!

If you put a banner up that says 'Order by the 17th and your item will be delivered by Christmas'. You better be sure it is delivered by Christmas, even if you have to upgrade the shipping for free or something.

I ordered games on the 17th and they didnt arrive until Jan 5th. I guess they thought, well we're late anyway so forget about it.

The culprit? Amazon dot bomb.

2 way tie!
Circuit City- take way to long to restock mainstream game items, i.e. PSP.
Best Buy- horrible customer service.

Kohls.com

I only mention them because of the insane prices they used during their "big video game sale" before Christmas. $60 old Xbox games and $90 Xbox 360 and PS3 games!

This year I'll vote for buy.com for sending me the wrong shit & fighting me not to take it back.
Next year, I won't be forgetting Walmart for my SSBB!!

gametop/ebgames for adding extra money to ship anything that's not a standard dvd sized case (Rock Band, GH, special editions, etc)

GameStop.com / ebgames.com - Buying anything used online is a crap shoot. I've NEVER gotten anything but disc only games when I've ordered any used games from their website.

fu*k gamequestdirect.

I don't know why so many of you hate on ebgames/gamestop. Their instore tracker on htf titles are 100% accurate and I'm loving the AFF35 coupon code.

AHHHH!!! THis one is tough. After the SSB fiasco I would be inclined to say Walmart, HOWEVER....Chances are that I might possibly 0.01% shop there again. On the other hand, I will never, ever, shop at gamestop.com again.
My vote is for gamestop.com/ebgames.com

Gamestop. With deep discount your ordering from an up and coming questionable site from the start and atleast their deals are usually amazing. Gamestop on the other hand is an established company yet they still have the highest prices, treat people like crap, dont gurantee game condition or completeness and just in general have been asshats.

Best Buy, for not honoring coupons printed from their site.

One of the BB stores near me has their PS3 stuff literally locked in a cage. That doesn't help my opinion of them, either.

Overstock.com for sending me an email saying that my DS game shipped. I ended up using their live chat to find out what happened to my game. It took almost a month to receive my game.

Videogamecentral.com, to be sure. That was one hilarious fiasco, watching that douche try to defend himself against the CAG masses.

I nominate EAstore.com. Their customer service sucks. I sent an email asking where my game was since it still said in process even though it had been out for 2 weeks. Then I just got back a generic email with no information. They also charge for pre-orders even though in the FAQ it says that don't charge until it ships. They suck and I'll never order from them again.

Circuit City by far. It's nearly impossible to even navigate the site on top of the fact that they never have any deals and their games stay full price forever.

bread's done
Back