Worst Online Game Retailer 2007

Gamestop.com for sure for sending any crap they have in their warehouse to your door! For sending pirated copies of GBA games to some buyers especially for certain games like Ninja 5 O and Tactics Ogre. Basically in general for sending the worst of what they stock to your door.

Familyvideo.com

They allow too many people to order the same game, then make you wait months to get it. And by the way, canceling from them is a pain in the ass.

Best Buy screwed up my Black Friday order after charging my card. I never got all of my items and after a backorder, they cancelled the rest of my order.

I vote Best Buy.

Everyone except for Amazon.com.

But these few stand out:
DeepDiscount - they had, what, 3 'glicthes'? Great way to build up traffic I bet.:roll:
shop.mtv.com - they list a coupon on their site for $10 off any $10+ if you pay with PayPal and then they decide not to honor it. WTF?!
Gamequestdirect - "Oh we're sorry CAG, we wanna get back into bed with you again." I can't believe all of you bought that shit.:bomb: Oh, and their site's impossible to navigate and they have ass for CS.
CircuitCity - a pain to shop online, they'd always show something as being availble until you try to add it to your cart, then they tell you it's not available anymore.
Videogamecentral.com - that guy trying to justify himself as being a modern day Robin Hood by selling $100 bootleg cart (which you can probably get for $10 easily) was funny as hell. CAG raped him left and right and diagonally.

[quote name='RandyTsai']fu*k gamequestdirect.

I don't know why so many of you hate on ebgames/gamestop. Their instore tracker on htf titles are 100% accurate and I'm loving the AFF35 coupon code.[/quote]

The reason we hate Gamestop is they bought out EBGames, who had superior online service and quality, and promptly did away with manuals and good deals for used games. They essentially took a Bowser sized crap all over the EBGames name.

Family Video...I just yesterday got my order that I made 3 weeks before Christmas. Good prices are just not enough to compensate for bad order tracking and a horrible website to navigate.

Gamestop... The high shipping, bad used quality and the oversized/handling charges on anything bigger than a game make me hate them even more.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What was the one website Cheapy accepted an affiliation offer with, but went horribly awry as the guy running the site insulted CAGs as they pointed out poor/shady deals and he even went so far as to make a coupon on mocking Roufuss?

I vote for that site.

Edit: It was VideoGameCentral.com. If you want to read the thread, it's right here.[/quote]
I read the VGC thread for the first time just now and WOW is all I can say. It's too bad they didn't make it to the final nominees. Nothing says douchebag like insulting CAG members personally.

Roufuss's "coupon" avatar now makes a whole lot more sense!

On another note, my vote has to go to everyone's love-to-hate retailer, Gamestop. Pretty much EVERY single used game you buy from them online is marked as Resurfaced and disc only. Which means at one point the game was so fucked up as to be deemed unsellable. Great! I love paying full price for refurbs!

Every night when I say my prayers, I ask God to give Gamestop some retail competition.

BestBuy - always out of stock on anything worthwhile, and an extremely limited selection compared to what is available in-store.

If it was on the voting block, I would go with Newegg.com just because of that Halo 3 BS they pulled. They put the game "in stock" like 6 days before release and once they sold out they updated the site to say the games were not shipping until release day. They also changed the status to "backordered". It took 3 weeks to get my money back to my check card and it was a fight because they wanted to charge shipping when everyone was told that shipping would be refunded.

I'd say DeepDiscount. They had 3 huge price glitches... seems like a few too many for one store. Great way to drive up traffic though, I bet.:roll:

I voted of CC though since DD wasn't an option. I hated how they always showed something on their website and gave you the option to add it to your cart... and then tell you "oh, it's not is stock". Oh well, they hardly had any deals I guess.

I'm going with Best Buy again. Thy are just the all around worst retailer. Ever. If they sold ice cream they'd probably throw it in your face and tell you it was your fault. Of course, you would have to wait in line 45 minutes for them to do it.

bread's done
Back