Would this be considered a major game score?

OiBoy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
A friend of mine is moving to Japan in the next couple of weeks, and so he's trying to sell off all of his stuff. I agreed to buy his PS2 (mine's been DRE for quite some time) and the games (all mint) that he had for $140. A bit high for what was included, but I was trying to help a friend out. I already have a few of them for other systems, but I figured I could take the repeats and either trade them in or sell them.

Now the kicker was that when he showed up, he offered to sell me his PC collection for an additional $60. In the same mentality of trying to help him out and get yet more games I've not the time play, I agreed. At which point he hauled out two full milkcrates full of cases, most complete with maps and manuals. I'd forgotten how much this bro had, 120+ pc games to be closer to the mark. A lot are newish (GTA: Vice, Jedi Academy, Max Payne 2, etc.) but quite a few are old classics (X-Com collectors, Fade to Black, Pandora Directive, the Neverhood).

So, what do you guys(& gals) think? Pretty decent score of games? I've been considering giving my bro more for the lot, considering the stack and not wanting to short him (he's a friend after all).

Six-Month old PS2 with Network Adapter
EyeToy Play w/camera
Eyetoy Groove
Beyond Good & Evil
Dead to Rights
007: Everything or Nothing
Virtua Fighter Evolution
Wipeout Fusion
Simpsons Road Rage
Tekken Tag Tourn.
Final Fantasy X-2
Manhunt
Kya: Dark Lineage
Ico
Metal Gear Solid 2
Prince of Persia
Kingdom Hearts
ATV Offroad Fury 2
Devil May Cry

Full list of 122 PC games to be linked later.

I think thats a great deal, personally. I would very easily fork over 140 for that (and the 60 for the PC games).

Don't be an idiot. I hate these topics that say stuff along the lines of "I just bought 5 pounds of gold for $10 did I get a good deal!?!?!?"

imo, yeah, that's a pretty nice haul :) its even better b/c you know the guy and he's your friend...so its a win-win situation :D

if you have the cash, go for it! :)

[quote name='ex0']Don't be an idiot. I hate these topics that say stuff along the lines of "I just bought 5 pounds of gold for $10 did I get a good deal!?!?!?"[/quote]
You win (see sig).

As for this being a good or bad deal... well, it depends. The PS2 games were fairly good, but it depends on how much you value PC games.

All of those PS2 games are for the most part bargain bin games that have been in a major sale in the past couple months for the most part. That said, the Eye Toy + Groove and PS2 are worth 140 by themselves, and figure each other game as 5-10 dollars. So yes, you got a good deal. PC Games on the other hand, don't age quite as well. Most of the games you probably got were worth no more than 1-2 dollars each.

Yeah, that is a major score. It's cool that you are thinking about giving him more for it too. That's a good gesture IMO even though you don't have to.

[quote name='OiBoy']I've been considering giving my bro more for the lot, considering the stack and not wanting to short him (he's a friend after all).[/quote]

Assuming that you're sincere about it, you're probably a much better person than most of the Internet's population.

In any case...this was definitely a good deal, especially if the PC games are as good as you say they are. Hell, $60 for the few that you listed in your first post was a steal.

If you have no problem with it, offer your friend a bit more for his collection. I'm sure he wouldn't turn down the money, and it'd be a nice guesture...

If you were really trying to help him out you would have paid him more. You know you were getting a good ass deal and you just want to show off.

Good god, OP. Don't be stupid, this is a great deal, especially the 60 for like those hundreds of PC games!

[quote name='ex0']Don't be an idiot. I hate these topics that say stuff along the lines of "I just bought 5 pounds of gold for $10 did I get a good deal!?!?!?"[/quote]

w0rd.

bread's done
Back