WrestleMania 21 Thread

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I can't believe I played Career mode for 4 hours today. Insane.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you played it more than 30 minutes without locking up..

//Scorch is still bitter that the patch fixed everyone else's game but made his break

BTW, don't get the patch if you haven't already, because the patch deletes your CAW and all progress and.. pretty much everything

Sorry to hear that. It's certainly odd. Game plays absolutely fine for me. I made sure to get the patch before I started my Ultimate Warrior CAW.

[quote name='Scorch']I can't believe you played it more than 30 minutes without locking up..

//Scorch is still bitter that the patch fixed everyone else's game but made his break

BTW, don't get the patch if you haven't already, because the patch deletes your CAW and all progress and.. pretty much everything[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, Scorch. I've had problems with career mode after the patch. It fixed the replays and shortened the load times a wee bit, but it caused a few problems. I have to be signed out of Xbox Live before I play or else it will often freeze during the loading screens in career mode. Also, it randomly freezes during entrances, so I often skip them in career mode.

Otherwise, everything's great. Except for the bastards with the turbo-button controllers on Xbox Live! :(

Scorch finally beat me, after 5 draws... congratulations man.

Steve, Scorch and I tried to invite you to a triple threat but you never came. Then you started a match with someone else, so we just did singles.

[quote name='Matt Young']Scorch finally beat me, after 5 draws... congratulations man.

Steve, Scorch and I tried to invite you to a triple threat but you never came. Then you started a match with someone else, so we just did singles.[/QUOTE]
No prob...the Xbox Live messaging is a bit wonky in this game. I saw the invite went to check and all I could do when I brought up either of your names were "Remove Friend".

Ended up in a triple threat with these two random guys that ended up being pretty darn fun.

Was gonna stay on, but I just started sneezing like crazy so I called it a night after that. I'll catch you two some other time. I'm gonna get my first win somehow. Current record stands at 0-1-1.

This game really is quite a bit of fun.

Do you find that it is really easy to dominate someone in this game? Once you get that first grapple in, you can pretty much own the match.

[quote name='ZForce915']Do you find that it is really easy to dominate someone in this game? Once you get that first grapple in, you can pretty much own the match.[/QUOTE]
Not from my (limited) experience. I played my first match with Matt yesterday and he started kicking my ass all over the place (he was Bret Hart, I was Kurt Angle).

I got a few counters here and there and with around 3 minutes left I'd realized our health bars were both at the same level. Really, I'm surprised at how this game plays. It's not been laggy as I thought it would be online and it's really, really fun. Our match played out really well with swings in the match back and forth.

Now just fix the 10 minute match limit!!!!

Oh, and for the regulars on it, is there an easier way to get right back into the lobby with someone you just had a match against? The messaging system isn't so good in this game and the only option I can select after a match is Quit even though Rematch shows up.

Oh, and for the regulars on it, is there an easier way to get right back into the lobby with someone you just had a match against? The messaging system isn't so good in this game and the only option I can select after a match is Quit even though Rematch shows up.

Nope.

Do you find that it is really easy to dominate someone in this game? Once you get that first grapple in, you can pretty much own the match.

Depends on who you're playing with. I agree that it's basically whoever makes the first move dominates, but if you've got a quick enough hand, you can reverse the tide of the match. My whole right hand was numb after playing against Matt.. I hit the hell out of the controller to get out of the sharpshooter. It's little mistakes that can turn the tide of the match, though.. for instance, he dominated as Hart, made a mistake, I took advantage, beat him up, did the FU, went for a taunt and I accidentally did a second one, he gets up, match goes back in his favor.. sharpshooter, I barely get out, run and clip his leg, work on the leg a bit, get desperate and pin after a clothesline..

I would imagine a triple threat would be more fun because the momentum can be broken up by a third party.

[quote name='JimmieMac']So when does the "patch version" hit shelves?[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow or Wednesday, who knows. I'm not sending my version in just yet.. going to wait and see what other people say about the "new, fixed" version.

So, does this mean that I should pick this game up afterall? (I haven't been online for about two weeks now and have no idea what has happened...)

People are saying that, once again, in order to play the "fixed" version, you must delete all gamesaves and whatnot.

That said, this game is the most broken piece of shit ever. I've spent the past ten minutes on the WMXX stage having Shawn Michaels do a submission, me break it within 3 or 4 seconds, he gets up, taunts, I roll once or twice, and he does a submission again. Rinse and repeat, over and over for the past 10 minutes.

It's a blast online, and it was fine before the patch.. but geez.

That is badass! I couldn't get your link to work, but here are some pics.

brienvsgoldberg6md.jpg

goldberg7gz.jpg

goldberg26ch.jpg

Omg Look At That Goldberg@@@!!!!!!!

MAKES MINE LOOK LIKE SHIT....

WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO DO TO HAVE THAT

AND ON A SIDE NOTE THIS GAME IS SO GAY ON LEGEND MODE

Guyver. What did you do? Goldberg as an avatar, I can understand. But Viscera?!?!? Oh boy...

And gpz, have you ever played WM2000 or No Mercy? Those were the glory days of videogame wrestling (along with Pro Wrestling for the NES :D ).

[quote name='guyver2077']must have a video of that goldberg's entrance with his song!!![/QUOTE]

Just watch a video of him on T.V. silly. It'll look even more like the real thing.;)

[quote name='guyver2077']Omg Look At That Goldberg@@@!!!!!!!

MAKES MINE LOOK LIKE SHIT....

WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO DO TO HAVE THAT

AND ON A SIDE NOTE THIS GAME IS SO GAY ON LEGEND MODE[/QUOTE]

That's not a CAW. Goldberg was originally in the game or something and some guy hacked into the game and found the model and pulled it out.

[quote name='Scorch']That's not a CAW. Goldberg was originally in the game or something and some guy hacked into the game and found the model and pulled it out.[/QUOTE]

considdering he was gone a year ago, I wonder how many other people are in the game

[quote name='CaseyRyback']considdering he was gone a year ago, I wonder how many other people are in the game[/QUOTE]

No one. Goldberg is the green guy in CAW.. it's just at one point in time, Studio Gigante fully decked him out and used him for testing or something, I guess.

Someone said that they found Hardcore Holly and Victoria files in there, but they were just tron videos or something.

Interesting. Who is Brian Johnson, the guy in the other picture? How did he get his pic in the game (is that even possible)?

myke.
...anyone who answers "the guy from AC/DC" will die.

It's not uncommon for people to rip games and stick their own stuff in. My friend did that with Smackdown vs. Raw, he used custom themes.. i'm guessing he just converted it to whatever the game uses.. or maybe it's a photoshop job. Who knows.

The new disc being sent out doesn't even boot.

If you delete your old profile, you lose everything, but the disc runs.. and no problems are fixed.

Clear a spot next to E.T., this one's gonna get buried.

[quote name='Scorch']The new disc being sent out doesn't even boot.

If you delete your old profile, you lose everything, but the disc runs.. and no problems are fixed.

Clear a spot next to E.T., this one's gonna get buried.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

myke.
...I was naive enough to think the revision would remedy most of this. Stupid, stupid myke.

[quote name='gameprozero']All wresteling games suck except for here comes the pain.[/QUOTE]

I have been thinking about Mania, and will probably rent this, but I really took offense to this comment. I'll go as far to say that ALL current gen wrestling games are not very good. If you want a good wrestling game, break out your N64 and pop in WCW vs nWo, WCW/NWO World Tour, Wrestlemania, or No Mercy. Best American wrestling games ever.

Wanted to look at this at EB's website today. A search turned up no results. So I clicked over to the Xbox section and saw a sidebar ad for WM21. But when you click it, it takes you to the out of stock page.

Yessir, I believe this has gone the way of the dodo.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Wanted to look at this at EB's website today. A search turned up no results. So I clicked over to the Xbox section and saw a sidebar ad for WM21. But when you click it, it takes you to the out of stock page.

Yessir, I believe this has gone the way of the dodo.[/QUOTE]

What's up with the replacement disc? Some people have mentioned that it is worse than the first, but Live works.

myke.

[quote name='mykevermin']What's up with the replacement disc? Some people have mentioned that it is worse than the first, but Live works.[/QUOTE]

I've seen people ask for the first version back, so it can't be good.

BTW out of stock at GameStop as well.

They're getting new copies in. My bro's store finally got the new ones in yesterday. Apparently, it says "Be A Legend" under Wrestlemania on the disc.. that's the only cosmetic change.. but there's a sticker on the outside of the case indicating it's the new version.

AFAIK, the people wanting the first disc back screwed up. You see, the new version won't work with old game saves on the system.. when you try to boot it up, it freezes. When you delete the profile on the HD, the game works, but shoddily. People trying it for the first time have had no complaints so far..

I kept my old copy.

after playing for a good while, why does every WWE game aside from the Smackdown games have really crappy blocking? It drives me nuts, because I end up blocking so much that my friend gets extremely pissed off.

DoR and Wrestlemania both need to fix this

bread's done
Back