WrestleMania 21 Thread

[quote name='RawisJericho']Here's a nice quote from gamefaqs...

:applause:[/QUOTE]

jim4vy.jpg

Yes, I know this edit sucks but I was trying to be fast with it....:lol:

Great, here come the recall rumors..

...there's a really bad joke somewhere about a "WrestleMania Recall," is there not?

Yes. It was made a few hours after this game was released.

He meant Vince.

From: Cloud1092 | Posted: 4/26/2005 8:43:23 PM | Message Detail
Oops, I meant Vince!

See? :rofl:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Jim McMahon is the better McMahon though. :D

Do you think WWE will try to get out of their contract with THQ now?[/QUOTE]

Well, they've been in the middle of a lawsuit...

myke.

So can anyone shed any more light on this without me having to go to GameFAQs? What's the timeline on the new batch coming in? Too bad, since the deal at Best Buy with the Starter Kit ends Saturday.

I was at a local video store today (Vintage Games) and spoke with the owner of the place. I was asking him about Wrestlemania 21 and he told me that he is not taking trade ins for that game, and that THQ recalled the game so he sent his shipment back.

I asked him how long before the "fixed" version would be out. He really didn't know, but said he would guess a month or two.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So can anyone shed any more light on this without me having to go to GameFAQs? What's the timeline on the new batch coming in? Too bad, since the deal at Best Buy with the Starter Kit ends Saturday.[/QUOTE]
Just buy it and dont open any of it. Then exchange the game when the new batch comes out. If it takes a long time for the new ones to come out just return the stuff.

Someone wrote an email and got this back:

WM 21 Replacement Disc

Consumer Notification

Dear Valued Customers,

Due to a manufacturing error at the disc replication facility, gamers may experience problems with certain aspects of WrestleMania 21 during replay mode. This problem was not created by Microsoft, THQ or the game developer Studio Gigante. We have taken steps to correct this problem and are making the correct game code available in several ways.

Xbox Live Subscribers:

Xbox Live subscribers can automatically update their games directly via Xbox Live.

Auto-update download instructions:

1. Place the WrestleMania 21 disc into the Xbox drive, start the game, proceed to the main menu and select Xbox Live.

2. Press the A button to begin the sign-in process.

3. Press the A button to accept the Auto-update.

4. The Xbox console will reset to the dashboard and start the Auto-update.

5. After the Auto-update finishes, the game will restart and your game will have been updated.

Please note that one unfortunate outcome of this manufacturing error will be that following the Auto-update process, you will not be able to access previously created Superstars. All saved data, including created Superstars, will need to be recreated.

Users that Don’t Subscribe to Xbox Live:

For users who don’t have an Xbox Live subscription and access to the online Auto-update, THQ has developed a voluntary disc-replacement plan with the disc manufacturer, effective April 29, 2005.

Disc replacement instructions are as follows:

1. Call the replicator at (866) 635-2345 to notify one of its representatives that you purchased a problematic WrestleMania 21 disc.

2. Verify disc code (you will be prompted for this).

3. The representative will walk you through the appropriate steps to receive a replacement disc at no cost.

Future WrestleMania 21 Customers:

For future WrestleMania 21 customers, the correct game disc will begin to ship to retail May 3.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience while we address the issue.

Sincerely,

THQ Customer Service

I would imagine by 'the correct game disc', they mean the same game, just with online supported and not having to DL a patch.

Just got the same thing!

WM 21 Replacement Disc

Consumer Notification

Dear Valued Customers,

Due to a manufacturing error at the disc replication facility, gamers may experience problems with certain aspects of WrestleMania 21 during replay mode. This problem was not created by Microsoft, THQ or the game developer Studio Gigante. We have taken steps to correct this problem and are making the correct game code available in several ways.

Xbox Live Subscribers:

Xbox Live subscribers can automatically update their games directly via Xbox Live.

Auto-update download instructions:

1. Place the WrestleMania 21 disc into the Xbox drive, start the game, proceed to the main menu and select Xbox Live.

2. Press the A button to begin the sign-in process.

3. Press the A button to accept the Auto-update.

4. The Xbox console will reset to the dashboard and start the Auto-update.

5. After the Auto-update finishes, the game will restart and your game will have been updated.

Please note that one unfortunate outcome of this manufacturing error will be that following the Auto-update process, you will not be able to access previously created Superstars. All saved data, including created Superstars, will need to be recreated.

Users that Don’t Subscribe to Xbox Live:

For users who don’t have an Xbox Live subscription and access to the online Auto-update, THQ has developed a voluntary disc-replacement plan with the disc manufacturer, effective April 29, 2005.

Disc replacement instructions are as follows:

1. Call the replicator at (866) 635-2345 to notify one of its representatives that you purchased a problematic WrestleMania 21 disc.

2. Verify disc code (you will be prompted for this).

3. The representative will walk you through the appropriate steps to receive a replacement disc at no cost.

Future WrestleMania 21 Customers:

For future WrestleMania 21 customers, the correct game disc will begin to ship to retail May 3.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience while we address the issue.

Sincerely,

THQ Customer Service

I'm inches away from biting on WrestleMania 21 and the Starter Kit deal at Best Buy. The promise of a new game disc coming out May 3rd may just get me to do it. I'll ask the folks at Best Buy if they know of such a thing shipping out. I just want to try this game out and see if it's any fun.

Read every post in this thread, but can the regular players (MattYoung, guyver) give me more thoughts of it thus far?

Keep in mind, I'm not a huge wrestling fan. I don't watch RAW or SVD regularly and I've never bought a PPV event. I just want something fun to play in single player. And any news if the match lengths online have been extended? 10 minutes seems far too short.

Thanks.

just called ordered my replacement, well sorta

they'll ship overnight mail tomorrow me a prepaid mailer 2 put my disk in and overnight back to them. When they get the disk they'll overnight it back to me.

i assume this fixes all the lag down and other glitches i'm still getting in offline even after the downloaded patch?.........

one of my friends has it and says other than the useless XBL, the game is very fun. It has lots of modes and the graphics are good. But where the downfall is, is that its a wrestling game, and i wont pay 50$ for one............shit, i wouldnt pay 20$ for one..............

Well Im keeping my collectors Item. Still going to get the new one when it comes out. This is a piece of history people.

So who are the usual CAGs playing this? MattYoung and guyver...anyone else? Scorch have you decided if you're keeping it? Deciding whether or not to pick this up depending on how big the CAG community is in this game.

I have Wrestlemania 21 also, haven't tried online yet, might try to sometime soon. Mostly been working on the profile tasks/challenges.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So who are the usual CAGs playing this? MattYoung and guyver...anyone else? Scorch have you decided if you're keeping it? Deciding whether or not to pick this up depending on how big the CAG community is in this game.[/QUOTE]

I was only going to trade it if I didn't have enough money for the GameCrazy sale, but I had enough, so yeah, I've still got it.

They are going out of their way to get a fixed disc to offline players... I guess that implies that they have fixed some of the offline glitches, right?

I wonder if there will be any differences that let you know you bought a 'new' disc? Otherwise, your crappy copies might not sell for much (due to buyer skepticism of its legitimacy).

myke.

Well, I'm confused as to what's going on with the game. It seems they're only re-releasing the discs with the patch that's available online on it already, only fixing the replay glitches (as Scorch said).

Some people though (on other boards--hopefuls perhaps) that the new press is the "complete" build not this "beta" that's out now fixing not just the replay glitches but the other glitches that have been reported.

I'm tempted to just go to BB, pick up the game and keep it sealed until the 3rd to hear what the exact deal is, but I don't think I can keep a game sealed that long.

Why not just buy it on the 3rd, then? Most BB's have pulled it from the shelf.. I think a lot of people are hoping it'll be the REAL copy.. I know I am.. but i'm not holding my breath

The BB deal with the free Starter Kit ends Saturday. I might drive down to BB and just buy it tonight. Just wanted to see if the CAG community would be active enough to warrant a purchase.

The 10 minute time limit bothers me though. I hope they fix that at least.

[quote name='Scorch']They won't. Good luck getting it, I've heard most BB's have pulled it off the shelves.[/QUOTE]

Well not in my area they still have lots in stock. :)

[quote name='Sojeph']Well not in my area they still have lots in stock. :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Picked it up tonight with a 3 month Starter Kit.

It's not as horrendous as I thought. The game's playable and I didn't notice all sorts of glitches. Only one that stood out was the announcer saying the finisher before the animation even starts.

I just don't like having to mess with the CAW since I'm not much of a customizer anyway, but I guess that's the only way to open up everything through career.

I can't figure out which camera to use though. I keep switching and forgetting which I've set it to. What do you guys recommend? Hit me up for a match as well. Might be a good tutorial for me since there isn't one in the game (that I know of).

And could the wrestling regulars point me to a place where I can get some good CAWs? I want to play with a decent character. Maybe an Ultimate Warrior CAW since I wanna open up Bret Hart (he's in the game right?) and play some matches with him.

I don't think anyone's made decent CAW's yet. I'm sure Warrior's facepaint is unlockable.

What's your LIVE Gamertag?

Lucky for you. After I downloaded the patch, for some reason, my single player went to shit. Pre-patch, I had no problems. Now I get horseshit things like hitting someone with the chair, and it takes damage off, but they don't react. They just keep coming towards me. It's weird.

[quote name='help1']IF they release a new version that isnt the beta, will reviews review it again?[/QUOTE]

I've never known a review to review a game..

If you mean game sites and magazines, I doubt it. The one released to the public was not a beta.

jesus some things just dont make sense in this game...

why cant i pick a superstars themesong for my caw ? i unlocked music mogel and video whatever in the shopzone but i dont know what it suppsoedly unlocked???

raw 2 was more customizable..why cant i change the default superstars entrance songs dammit???

why arent the unlockable trons full screen?

I see guyver's on right now.

GT: MSBphilin

Got a lot of work to do to open everything up. I'll probably jump on in an hour. I saw a Warrior CAW on IGN, I might try that. Still looking for a complete CAW though with entrance moves, move list and everything so I'd appreciate it from the wrestling know-it-alls.

I haven't played the game online for a few days, but I'll be looking for you on there, Steve.

Is anyone looking to wrestle for a CAG Title yet? Most people quit on the league I joined at GameFAQs once the Halo 2 maps were released.

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't played the game online for a few days, but I'll be looking for you on there, Steve.

Is anyone looking to wrestle for a CAG Title yet? Most people quit on the league I joined at GameFAQs once the Halo 2 maps were released.[/QUOTE]

Lies! I saw you playing it yesterday, it popped up on my MSN messenger. And the day before! I thought about joining you, but you weren't available.

Halo 2.. pfft. I wish that game had never existed. That's all people play anymore. Where's the love for the other great live games? Midtown Madness 3, Jedi Academy.. *sigh*

Haha...busted by technology. I saw you on yesterday as well. That'd be cool if I can get on with a couple of you guys. Give me a few pointers perhaps. BTW, what camera do you use? Broadcast or game?

I'm probably gonna hop on and create Warrior and go through the Career in a few.

Haha, well I was signed on to Live, but I wasn't playing online. I was playing some exhibition matches and career mode, but the game is Live aware, as you know. That's why I wasn't available.

If I had known you guys were on, I would've tried to get a triple threat going.

[quote name='Scorch']Lies! I saw you playing it yesterday, it popped up on my MSN messenger. And the day before! I thought about joining you, but you weren't available.

Halo 2.. pfft. I wish that game had never existed. That's all people play anymore. Where's the love for the other great live games? Midtown Madness 3, Jedi Academy.. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

wheres your love for XBox Live crack? although i do agree with you on other great games out there that get over looked all too often. and halo 2 will get another boost when the other 5 maps come out.

i need to try this game on live, but just haven't put too much time in it offline to get the basics down. should be sometime in the near future, since nothing i am interested in playing comes out for another few weeks.

wheres your live for XBox Live crack?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean 'love'? Halo 2 is HARDLY XBox Live "crack". I refuse to play online with it, mainly because every time I do, I get some incoherent teenage kid who can't even use curses properly and slings racial terms more than a food fight in elementary school..

I wish more people played Whacked!.. actually, I wish ANYONE would play Whacked! :sad:

[quote name='Scorch']I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean 'love'? Halo 2 is HARDLY XBox Live "crack". I refuse to play online with it, mainly because every time I do, I get some incoherent teenage kid who can't even use curses properly and slings racial terms more than a food fight in elementary school..

I wish more people played Whacked!.. actually, I wish ANYONE would play Whacked! :sad:[/QUOTE]

yeah, atleast i have sort of a good excuse for my mistake, seeing as the buttons are right by each other, but i did mean love.

thats why you play with people on your friends list or your clan(if you have/had one)(i know your story with the CAG clan). and there is this great invention called mute, it works wonders in games with said incoherent 10 year old bastards. and as a rule,atleast lately, i never play a skirmish/slayer/btb without a full team. so its custom games until the team is filled. but thats just my opinion. on a side note, i don't own whacked and have never tried it, or i'd give it a try on live.

thats why you play with people on your friends list or your clan(if you have/had one)(i know your story with the CAG clan).

There's really no story.. when I was in, they wanted serious, I wanted fun. I joined the match one time and was immediately greeted with "God, Scorch! You took forever! What the hell's your problem!?".. Not sure who said it, but I left immediately afterwards.

I know what a mute button is, thanks :p The problem is that the incoherent babblers also play like crap, exploit and/or cheat...

[quote name='Scorch']There's really no story.. when I was in, they wanted serious, I wanted fun. I joined the match one time and was immediately greeted with "God, Scorch! You took forever! What the hell's your problem!?".. Not sure who said it, but I left immediately afterwards.

I know what a mute button is, thanks :p The problem is that the incoherent babblers also play like crap, exploit and/or cheat...[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats what i mean. the clan is a little less serious now, since i took over. people are expected to play with us regularly, but nothing like before. and have you played since the update? a lot less cheating going on, thus far atleast. and i figured you knew what mute was, its a great asset when things go nuts with the many douches that play the game. but like everything in life, you're always going to run into a few douches bags every once in a while.

Played WrestleMania 21 online twice within the last day or two. It was OK. A bit of a lag, but you get used to it. Both matches went to a time limit draw. That, and I wrestled two cheating bastards who both used turbo controllers. That really killed it for me.

Hopefully, I'll get to play against one of my fellow CAGs.

As for the recall, do you have to send your copy back? Or do you just give them your copy number or whatever and they send you another one?

bread's done
Back