WWE All Stars Brawl Stick (360/PS3) $29.99/$29.94(FSSS/Prime eligible) @ Amazon

Thanks. I'm a huge WWE fan and have been wanting one of these for a long time. WWE All-Stars is one of the best arcade wrestling games ever made. Thanks for posting, I actually just ordered one before seeing this thread but I would have ordered based on this thread anyway. I bought the pad recently at a local GS for 12.99. I got the Hulk/Cena one and this has Triple H/Rock on it so that's cool.

I got one of these at GS for $50. It's a steal at $30. If you're on the fence, pull the trigger. It's a great stick.

[quote name='BowserG']I got one of these at GS for $50. It's a steal at $30. If you're on the fence, pull the trigger. It's a great stick.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding great stick? if ppl say that then they don't know about fight sticks... This is the worst fight stick ever made from matcatz... It's a great stick if you swap out the buttons and joystick if not then worst stick EVER!

[quote name='oldschool990']Are you kidding great stick? if ppl say that then they don't know about fight sticks... This is the worst fight stick ever made from matcatz... It's a great stick if you swap out the buttons and joystick if not then worst stick EVER![/QUOTE]

Better than the Tekken 6 wireless HORI.

This is the best stick you can get without paying $100+ for a "pro" stick.

Plus it's easily moddable.

Good deal on a good stick.

[quote name='oldschool990']Are you kidding great stick? if ppl say that then they don't know about fight sticks... This is the worst fight stick ever made from matcatz... It's a great stick if you swap out the buttons and joystick if not then worst stick EVER![/QUOTE]

"Worst stick ever made by MadCatz?" I don't think so. I admit, maybe the artwork is embarrassing, but MadCatz SE parts are Sanwa clones, and they don't suck at all. Sure, they're nowhere near Sanwa quality, but they work.

This IS a great deal, $30 is a great price for what could be the beginning of an amazing modded stick.

[quote name='Roll']"Worst stick ever made by MadCatz?" I don't think so. I admit, maybe the artwork is embarrassing, but MadCatz SE parts are Sanwa clones, and they don't suck at all. Sure, they're nowhere near Sanwa quality, but they work.

This IS a great deal, $30 is a great price for what could be the beginning of an amazing modded stick.[/QUOTE]

The buttons do suck, cause I have two of these sticks and tested it all out... I would know cause I have alot of fight sticks... I agree $30 for this stick is great but if you using this for fighting games alot then you might wanna replace the button and stick... If you using it for shooting or use it once in awhile then no need to replace anything then...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='koruwa']lol that's what i'm replacing with this one :)[/QUOTE]

I think they the same, I have that stick is the worst for a hori stick but if you have to put that tekken 6 stick and this brawl this they both suck... Only thing I like about the tekken 6 stick cause it was wireless and I didn't have any lag or anything with it being wireless and all...

[quote name='illmatic21']These can be used on a PC too, right?[/QUOTE]

The 360 one should be plug and play on PC, the PS3 one I'm not sure about.

Wow, so wrong!
This stick has the same quality build as the TvC stick for the Wii; which means it is the best Non-Pro MadCatz stick out there.
Seems you are the one that doesn't know about sticks.

[quote name='oldschool990']The buttons do suck, cause I have two of these sticks and tested it all out... I would know cause I have alot of fight sticks... I agree $30 for this stick is great but if you using this for fighting games alot then you might wanna replace the button and stick... If you using it for shooting or use it once in awhile then no need to replace anything then...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Carlanga']Wow, so wrong!
This stick has the same quality build as the TvC stick for the Wii; which means it is the best Non-Pro MadCatz stick out there.
Seems you are the one that doesn't know about sticks.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the fact that you should be switching the parts out for Sanwas out if you're serious about fighting games, but if you're low on money or aren't sure you're ready to make the investment for a more quality stick like the TEs, it definitely will suffice. I own a TE, this stick, and a TvC stick. While I can definitely notice some difference between the TE's feel and the SEs' feel, it's still gets the job done. And I don't know what you were thinking when you said "worst MadCatz stick," but as Carlanga just said, the parts for the TvC stick and the Brawlstick are exactly the same, except just a different color palette and artwork. At launch, people were paying about $70 for these sticks, and even then, they were still satisfied.

[quote name='Psybuster']The 360 one should be plug and play on PC, the PS3 one I'm not sure about.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version should work with PC, but I've heard that it depends on your graphic's card or something like that. I own a PS3 MadCatz stick and it works fine on my PC.

[quote name='aerozero']How hard is it to replace the artwork on this stick? That's pretty much the only thing holding me back from purchasing it.[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be easy (there are templates you can use to make your own artwork), but I'm pretty sure it will void your warranty since you'll have to open up the arcade stick.

[quote name='Carlanga']Wow, so wrong!
Seems you are the one that doesn't know about sticks.[/QUOTE]

lol non pro stick and the fact that the tvc sticks are bad as the brawl stick, I had that stick and sold it to a friend cause it wasn't a good stick... I don't know about fight sticks? I mod stick for friends and family lmao it seems like you don't know about fight sticks sticking up for not a good fight stick... It's the same as the SF4 CE fight stick as well, so plz save it... Why you think these sticks drop so low? cause these isn't good sticks that's why and I'm talking about brawl,tvc... Plus they made so many of these mostly brawl stick that's why it's so low... I do agree with you roll these are ok sticks for the price that ppl just want a fight stick and don't care about upgrading or anything then these are the sticks for you! Of course if the stick is $20-$30 you would say it's a good stick but what if it's $50-75 would you still say it's a good stick still?

[quote name='oldschool990']lol non pro stick and the fact that the tvc sticks are bad as the brawl stick, I had that stick and sold it to a friend cause it wasn't a good stick... I don't know about fight sticks? I build fight sticks lmao it seems like you don't know about fight sticks sticking up for not a good fight stick... It's the same as the SF4 CE fight stick as well, so plz save it... The buttons and joystick do hold up for months depending how much you use it, something not gonna work correctly anymore and it's gonna be the buttons first...Like I said it's a good price for the stick but not a good stick is you are hardcore fighting fan, or planning on using it on other games... If you don't care about upgrade etc then this is a good stick...[/QUOTE]

fine, you wanted me to say "TE stick" :applause: ; I don't know what stick has a category of CE like you said 'SF4 CE', but I do know what a SF4 SE stick is 'lol'

These are much better sticks than the SF4 SE sticks and if you failed to realize that then you just don't know what you are talking about.

TE sticks are what 'hardcore fighting fans' buy not SEs' so your point is moot. This WWE stick is a very good stick for the average gamer; even good for more experience player you can buy it and make it last a couple of hard long sessions and then change the buttons and stick fairly easy and have a TE quality stick w/out breaking the bank w/ real original parts. If you actually make your own sticks you would realize a deal like this. 'lmao'

For the person asking about changing the cover: it's easy you can print a laminated sticky one at kinko's for cheap and remove the old sticker and stick it on. There is a psd of the SE stick template on shoryuken.com that you can use to make your own cover.

[quote name='Carlanga']fine, you wanted me to say "TE stick" :applause: ; I don't know what stick has a category of CE like you said 'SF4 CE', but I do know what a SF4 SE stick is 'lol'

These are much better sticks than the SF4 SE sticks and if you failed to realize that then you just don't know what you are talking about.

TE sticks are what 'hardcore fighting fans' buy not SEs' so your point is moot. This WWE stick is a very good stick for the average gamer; even good for more experience player you can buy it and make it last a couple of hard long sessions and then change the buttons and stick fairly easy and have a TE quality stick w/out breaking the bank w/ real original parts. If you actually make your own sticks you would realize a deal like this. 'lmao'

For the person asking about changing the cover: it's easy you can print a laminated sticky one at kinko's for cheap and remove the old sticker and stick it on. There is a psd of the SE stick template on shoryuken.com that you can use to make your own cover.[/QUOTE]

cause I didn't say SE you should know what I mean but every forum have these type of ppl lol You say brawl stick and tvc are better then sf4? LMAO Nope now you don't know what your talking about lmao... I only build two sticks for friends and for you to say brawl stick is better then sf4 sticks when they are the same parts made me lmao... I even have ppl told me the sff4 stick is better then the brawl stick cause some ppl joystick don't even work right on the brawl stick... I have heard more issue with the brawl stick then sff4 stick from ppl I played fighting games with online... I ain't going to get into your battle cause I'm wasting my time with someone that don't know anything and your post just made me laugh for the day... Have a nice day lol

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...read-the-guide-on-pg-1-before-posting.137321/

Street Fighter IV SE. $59.99
A basic 8 button arcade stick controller.

Quality: Not bad overall, the stick body is nice and sturdy. The Joystick and buttons are clones of Sanwa Parts so actual Sanwa parts are perfect drop in replacements. Earlier releases of the SFIV SE stick have reported issues with the PCB or Printed Circuit board.

Reliability: Except for the above mentioned PCB this stick is not bad. Perfect for a low cost beginner stick.
WWE Brawl SE. $79.99
Similar to the above two. Same Body design and clone Sanwa parts, the Brawl stick as higher quality Stick and buttons that the other two.

Quality: Better than the SFIV SE and on par if not better to the TvC

Reliability: Mad Catz have improved with their PCB design so there no reported PCB failure.

Before I start, I'll mention I'm an avid arcade joystick collector (yes, I can build them too unless it's a crazy triple Wii/PS3/360 mod, LOL)...

The SF4 SE PCB (non-reliable), buttons & joysticks were crap for the most part. The TvC & Brawlsticks have the same buttons & joysticks. Only differences are the PCB, artwork, button colors & balltop. It's a hit or miss for the buttons & joysticks in these 2 latter sticks (some I've purchased were very loose yet others were very tight). Do I think these 2 sticks are worth the original MSRP of $70 - $80?!? No, I'd be willing to pay $40 - $50 at most but for $20 - $30 it's a very good deal. I think it's an excellent beginners stick due to the decent-to-good internal parts & weight (for its size). If you must have Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons & joystick then add another $60 to make it a very good arcade stick. I prefer an arcade stick to be heavier & with a much bigger surface area but that's just me since I'm more of a table top player (instead of a lap player). I have these for the button mashers & my little cousins (although I do have a much smaller arcade stick for smaller hands).

As another member has already stated, the artwork's easy to replace although tedious since you gotta peel & scrape off the original artwork then go to Kinko's to make a new artwork. I'm not big into replacing artwork but to each their own.

[quote name='Lemstar']http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...read-the-guide-on-pg-1-before-posting.137321/[/QUOTE]
yeap, thanks for the backup, maybe he doesn't know what shoryuken.com is though... (More official than Shoryuken there isn't!)

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']B...The SF4 SE PCB (non-reliable), buttons & joysticks were crap for the most part. The TvC & Brawlsticks have the same buttons & joysticks. Only differences are the PCB, artwork, button colors & ball top...[/QUOTE]
The buttons and joystick are actually better (not incredible better though) than SFIV SE, obviously not TE quality but better than SFIV SE. The joystick is smoother and more responsive while the buttons are less stiff than the SE. In the end like you said when the time comes to replace w/ real parts it will cost you $60-70, but you will have a one of a kind stick. I find the size of this modded to be more comfortable than a TE for me. Also to modded it to work w/ other consoles would be a bitch w/ the TE Kitty mod or ChImp and there are extra pins in the PCB board when compared to the SFIV SE.

[quote name='Carlanga']yeap, thanks for the backup, maybe he doesn't know what shoryuken.com is though... (More official than Shoryuken there isn't!)

The buttons and joystick are actually better (not incredible better though) than SFIV SE, obviously not TE quality but better than SFIV SE. The joystick is smoother and more responsive while the buttons are less stiff than the SE...[/QUOTE]

My bad, I meant the buttons & joystick lever in both the TvC & Brawlstick are the same but better than in an SF4 SE stick (hence the comment about the parts in an SE being crap).

[quote name='Roll']"Worst stick ever made by MadCatz?" I don't think so. I admit, maybe the artwork is embarrassing...[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the artwork on it though. The Rock's glare towards the joystick makes him look like he's questioning his sexuality. Always makes me laugh, which is great for fighting games.

Shame the deal is dead already.

Are these sticks reliable? which one would I want if I want to use this on my PC?

Edit: seems like only X360 is in stock and i guess X360 version works on PC judging from posts above. has anyone personally tried playing it on PC?

[quote name='Wario64']Are these sticks reliable? which one would I want if I want to use this on my PC?

Edit: seems like only X360 is in stock and i guess X360 version works on PC judging from posts above. has anyone personally tried playing it on PC?[/QUOTE]
I can't vouch for this FS. But I know that at least the TE 360 counterparts work on PC just fine. I'm sure it's the same case with this one since I've never had any sort of 360 controller not work on my PC, and whatever doesn't work Xpadder makes it work without a hitch :)

[quote name='Wario64']Are these sticks reliable? which one would I want if I want to use this on my PC?

Edit: seems like only X360 is in stock and i guess X360 version works on PC judging from posts above. has anyone personally tried playing it on PC?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have the 360 version and it works great on PC. Xp and Windows 7 recognize it immediately as an Xbox 360 controller.

c'mon guys, other than the artwork 29.99 for this stick is not a bad deal... thanks op jumped on one (looks like in stock) - will probably use for a month then turn around and mod or sell it.

Picked one up as well.

Plan to mod it once I'm on summer break. First order of business though will be changing that hideous artwork >_>

am I allowed to post pictures? here's mine after i swapped the artwork. (ps3 version)

i really like the stick. my new buttons came in a few weeks ago but i probably won't swap them in until persona comes out

178025_10150938599791309_1944978231_o.jpg

Not sure what's up with the stock on this item. For a moment, I saw that the PS3 version was backordered to be instock Aug 1 so I updated the first post. I refresh the page and it's now gone. Guess both versions are going to go in and out of backorder.

Was waiting for a good deal since Gamestop lowered the price several months ago, but no local stores had them in stock.

Thanks OP.

For those looking forward to replacing the buttons and joystick, you might want to buy the parts from Videogamesnewyork.com, they have free shipping for Sanwas and Seimitsu which tends to make it cheaper than any other website. If you plan on dual modding it and buying parts, Focusattack.com would be a better option as they are all around cheaper.

This is a fantastic deal.

I'd probably jump on this if I didn't already have two modded brawl sticks already (360, PS3) from Gamestop.

Modding the stick with the best parts would probably be another $30-$40 which is still cheaper than buying a TE and you get the same kind of quality. Plus you can choose the colors of the buttons and stick and the artwork.

Here's a snip of a tutorial that some might find helpful for modding their sticks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHvfdraPVjg&feature=channel&list=UL

They go into the artwork process in other vids.

Aw man - so I tested out my Brawl Stick this weekend. There are some problems recognizing diagonals. It's not immediately apparent, but if you do something like holding 4 and moving down to the 1 position, the stick will continue to register as 4.

Not sure if I should buy a Sanwa joystick part to place it, or just save up for a TE. Seems like it's not worth the time and money to get a replacement directly from Amazon or Mad Catz.

bread's done
Back