WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

[quote name='mykevermin']

Calm down, tex. I'm just asking you to cite your sources. If you want to make shit up, go hogwild. But you're the cat bringing most of the information into this thread from various and sundry other websites, so don't let your undies tighten up on ya if I ask for documentary evidence of something you've said about the game.[/quote]

But like I said I never said it was confirmed, I'm just using logic based on other kinds DLC. And the fact that I highly doubt THQ is going to charge between 100-200 MSP for brand new wrestlers. Hell just recently the Darth Vader character for Soul Calibur IV was 400 MSP, so it's not a hard prediction to make that these new wrestlers could cost us 300-400 MSP.

Tell me that isn't a realistic outlook on this...

That's one character on one game. What about the add-on characters for Pain and High Velocity Bowling on the PS3? They're $0.99 per character. Why wouldn't that be a legit comparison?

I would only buy really cool guys at $5 per, like Razor Ramon or (yeah, right) Macho Man Randy Savage. And they better have full entrances and their authentic entrance music. But $5 for Charlie Haas and Mike Knox? :rofl:

[quote name='mykevermin']That's one character on one game. What about the add-on characters for Pain and High Velocity Bowling on the PS3? They're $0.99 per character. Why wouldn't that be a legit comparison?
[/quote]

Aren't those games PSN games?

Pain is like what, a $5 game?

And I don't know about High Velocity Bowling, but I'm pretty sure that's not a $60 retail game.

If they were both $60 retail games, hell even $40 games, then you would have a logical point.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Id pay for Ted Dibiase and Bourne if this is real. I hope it doesnt cost a lot, like Vader DLC.[/QUOTE]This post confused me a great deal, because my first reaction was to think "Vader" as in "Big Van" and I was all like "when did THAT happen?"

[quote name='guyver2077']

and yea i would pretty much dl any pack of wrestlers..[/quote]

And this is why they will probably charge 300-400 MSP for each wrestler. And I'm not saying that in a bad way, but they know a lot of people will buy them no matter what assuming they don't go ridiculous and charge 500 MSP for each new wrestler.

They will probably go the Rock Band route and offer them as a pack or individually, but charge a premium for downloading separately to possibly entice you to just buy the whole pack.

Sure if you only wanted Bourne and DiBiase Jr. you might be better off just pay for them individually, but if you want 3 of the 4, you might just be better off buying the whole pack.

With the alternate attires it is basically just buying a new skin for the wrestler, they will have the same moveset, entrance, taunts, etc. so naturally they would cost considerablly less since less work was involved.

[quote name='mykevermin']
I would only buy really cool guys at $5 per, like Razor Ramon or (yeah, right) Macho Man Randy Savage. And they better have full entrances and their authentic entrance music. But $5 for Charlie Haas and Mike Knox? :rofl:[/quote]

For $5 Scott Hall will probably come round and play the game with you.

Joking apart though Myke, would you really be willing to pay $5 for something that would have been an unlockable extra on a last gen console ?

[quote name='BustaUppa']This post confused me a great deal, because my first reaction was to think "Vader" as in "Big Van" and I was all like "when did THAT happen?"[/quote]

I'd pay $20 for a Big Van Vader DLC.

[quote name='benjamouth']For $5 Scott Hall will probably come round and play the game with you.

Joking apart though Myke, would you really be willing to pay $5 for something that would have been an unlockable extra on a last gen console ?[/QUOTE]

That's the thing about this gen. I've always had that hangup on a philosophical level. Nothing to do with this game specifically. But there's something that is astonishingly arrogant about "wait until you see our DLC!!!" for a title that's not yet released.

SvR appears to have a robust roster, and hasn't had anything removed from previous iterations that's being sold to us. And, it appears it's not committing the dickbag-of-the-century move and selling key codes as DLC.

So while I'm generally not all that cool with DLC, who am I kidding? It's here to stay. Give me a roster like TNA Impact did for $60 and then try to sell me DLC I'll tell you to go fuck yourself sideways (this is irrespective of Impact being an abysmal title, mind). SvR? I don't have a problem with it; it's a game with a robust roster and lots of features. The actual content and the prices remain to be seen. If I'm floored and the price is right, I'll buy. But if they get generic entrances, no entrance videos or themes - then I'll keep my money, thankyouverymuch.

Give me a THEE Brian Kendrick alt costume with his theme and video (and newfound swagger)? I'll pay $1-3 for it.

But you couldn't make me pay a nickel for Mike fucking Knox. Evan Bourne and DiBiase are the only appealing names in that list, IMO. Might as well try to sell me a DLC Iron Mike Sharpe. Actually, that would be cooler.

[quote name='benjamouth']Joking apart though Myke, would you really be willing to pay $5 for something that would have been an unlockable extra on a last gen console ?[/QUOTE]I'll echo what Myke said. Also, unlike a lot of DLC, you can actually make a case that the SvR content couldn't have made it in the main game in time for release. Over the years, wrestling gamers have gotten a feel for the roster cutoff dates, and have learned when they can begrudgingly NOT expect a wrestler to make it into a game. So in the case of these reported SvR updates, we don't get the sense that they were just holding out us.

Like, if you were to just go by history, there's NO way Evan Bourne would have made the cut for a November release. So I honestly don't feel like Yukes withheld him from the game, just so they could charge us later. The alternate Kane attire is a little more eyebrow-raising, but forgivable. At least it looks like "zombie Finlay" is just a traditional unlockable.

Looking at Edge's video on IGN, it's pretty sad that Yukes hasn't gone back and recorded new dialogue for the commentators on the finishers & wrestlers bleeding. They've been saying the same thing ever since Smackdown vs. Raw 2006.

Okay so the guy ended up saying that all of the DLC wrestlers has their own music/entrance/etc. which includes the Priceless theme and tron, plus Bourne comes out doing the whole peace sign thing.

I'm so making Charlie Haas into CHL.

That same guy posted a new video showing Bourne vs. DiBiase, the video had the match joined in progress and I can firmly say that all of this is legit. However, the video got taken down shortly after I watched it.

They even had the announcers do soundbytes for the DLC wrestlers.

Bourne looks good. I wanted to see his diving knee press, but no big deal. Hopefully it makes it into the game.

Ooops IGN posted a surprise superstar for today.

ctbradenrj5.png

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ooops IGN posted a surprise superstar for today.

ctbradenrj5.png
[/quote]

:rofl: A bit low on strength, I believe. I think it takes at least a 100 to knock your brains out.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']

Evidently you can import wrestlers from Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 to the Legends of Wrestlemania game.[/QUOTE]
I really wanna see a roster for Legends Of Wrestlemania. I'm hoping we get a solid lineup of 80's stars.

[quote name='JJSP']I really wanna see a roster for Legends Of Wrestlemania. I'm hoping we get a solid lineup of 80's stars.[/quote]

Well it was already been confirmed that Savage wouldn't be in the game thanks to whatever grudge Vin-Man has against him.

I'm thinking something like this...

Andre
Hogan
Piper
Bret Hart
Jim Neidhart
Junkyard Dog
Sgt. Slaughter
Greg Valentine
Jake Roberts
Dusty Rhodes

Those are just off the top off my head based on they have all been in previous WWE THQ wrestling titles.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Well it was already been confirmed that Savage wouldn't be in the game thanks to whatever grudge Vin-Man has against him.

Andre
Hogan
Piper
Bret Hart
Jim Neidhart
Junkyard Dog
Sgt. Slaughter
Greg Valentine
Jake Roberts
Dusty Rhodes

Those are just off the top off my head based on they have all been in previous WWE THQ wrestling titles.[/QUOTE]
I want Bundy, Sheik, Warrior, Earthquake, and Demolition. Probably more, but those come to mind immediately.

Speedy's got some of the ads out for the week of release, and so far, so good.

Target - free WWE '09 Guide w/ purchase
Circuit City - free $10 giftcard & finishing moves artbook w/ purchase
Gamestop - free SDvR cooler w/ preorder
Best Buy - ?

wow i think im impressed w/ THQ this yr. the DLC is actually true & its not even like crappy B/S. ring annoucements, intros, videos. way to go. and to see you can import the characters into LOWM. interesting. i cant wait for SvR 09

Yeah, as much as I hate myself for it, I'm excited enough to actually pick this up on launch.

For a company that's been skating by for years, they've really seemed to have 'gotten' it this year. Shame they started trying just as they're about a year away from losing the licence anyway.

Anyway, had a question: I was just in GameStop and the pre-order sign indicated that you got two things with SvR09, a cooler (mentioned above) and an unlock code for Ric Flair. Anyone know anything about this? Actual cool unlockable, or just one of their things like GuitarHeroWorldTour, a code that just unlocks him early?

I think Flair's already in the game, he's just considered a "Legend" and is locked at the start of the game.

Ah, ok. I figured that's what it was, but I wanted to make sure. I noticed this morning that Wal-Mart also has a code for like 4-5 people.

Either way, thanks.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Well it was already been confirmed that Savage wouldn't be in the game thanks to whatever grudge Vin-Man has against him.

Andre
Hogan
Piper
Bret Hart
Jim Neidhart
Junkyard Dog
Sgt. Slaughter
Greg Valentine
Jake Roberts
Dusty Rhodes

Those are just off the top off my head based on they have all been in previous WWE THQ wrestling titles.[/QUOTE]

In the Legends of Wrestling thread, a few of us looked through all the pics and all the merchandise fans were wearing and we noticed items that indicated Bret Hart, Piper, Ric Flair and Legion of Doom were in it.

I'm getting SvR09 on launch day, but they still have not fixed the one thing that has bothered me for years: Lillian's announcing. When someone enters, she doesn't sound final in their name. By that, it means like she's about to announce someone else. It's like "Hailing from soandso, weighing soandso, The Undertaker....." instead of "The Undertaker!".

It's just annoying.

I'm guessing it'll have a good amount to do with guys who are signed to a Legends contract, which seemed to mostly be for the Jakks Classic Superstars figures, so there's a good amount to choose from

I'm guessing we'll see guys like
Haku
Bossman
Bam Bam Bigelow
Big John Studd
George Steele
Ricky Steamboat
Bret Hart
Warrior
Jake Roberts
Ted Dibiase
Mr. Perfect
British Bulldog
Rick Rude
Kamala
Yokozuna
Akeem/One Man Gang
Billy Graham
Jimmy Snuka
Jesse Ventura
Iron Shiek
Nikolai Volkoff

Tag Teams
Legion of Doom
Hart Foundation
Rockers

and one can only hope, managers...
Jimmy Hart
Fuji
Bobby Heenan (it wouldnt be right without him)

Hell, i'm sure they could get Diesel and Razor in, as Jakks is still making figures of them (there's a 3 3/4 scale Razor due out soon)

While I'd love Diesel and Razor, it's not going to happen due to the fact that Nash is in TNA. Hall, maybe... in fact, he'd be my number one want in the game.

If Vince ordered Foley removed because he went to TNA, there's no way Nash is making it into the game.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I know this is in the 360 area, but is anyone getting this for the PS3? I don't think there is much discussion on that board.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting until I find out about custom entrance themes and DLC. If they're limited to one system or another (like themes were only 360 last year, and DLC is only 360 on TNA Impact, for example), I'll go with that one. If they're on both, then PS3 for me.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm waiting until I find out about custom entrance themes and DLC. If they're limited to one system or another (like themes were only 360 last year, and DLC is only 360 on TNA Impact, for example), I'll go with that one. If they're on both, then PS3 for me.[/quote]

You can use custom themes on the PS3, but no custom soundtracks.

And DLC is the same for all of the three current gen. systems.

[quote name='007']While I'd love Diesel and Razor, it's not going to happen due to the fact that Nash is in TNA. Hall, maybe... in fact, he'd be my number one want in the game.

If Vince ordered Foley removed because he went to TNA, there's no way Nash is making it into the game.[/quote]

Yeah, but Jakks has been releasing action figures of Nash under both his real name and as Diesel while he's been in TNA. I think Nashes contract with TNA allows it (the delay on him re-signing was over merchandising, maybe this had something to do with it)

Foley is a different story, since he left on bad terms and is seemingly on that special shitlist Vince has now.

Some of the preset entrances that are in the game.

Superstars
Kurt Angle
Booker T
King Booker
Chris Masters
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Sandman
Kenny Dykstra
Bobby Lashley
Gregory Helms
Marcus Cor Von?

Divas
Lita heel
Trish
Ariel
Torrie???
Another one that seemed generic.

Legends
Slaughter
Eddie Guerrero
Hulk Hogan
Bret Hart
Mick Foley?
Piper
Rick Rude
Jim Neidhart
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Dusty Rhodes
The Rock

I'll be picking this up at launch, though it may be a few days later (maybe waiting for Gamestop to get a used copy so I can Cellfire it).

bread's done
Back