WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

I think $5 is a fair price for that amount of content, especially given how much we've had to pay for things in other games. It's too bad Haas doesn't have multiple attires, but the ability to team up Rhodes and DiBiase as well as being able to play as Evan Bourne are worth $5 to me.

[quote name='Matt Young']I think $5 is a fair price for that amount of content, especially given how much we've had to pay for things in other games. It's too bad Haas doesn't have multiple attires, but the ability to team up Rhodes and DiBiase as well as being able to play as Evan Bourne are worth $5 to me.[/QUOTE]

not to mention Y2J having the correct entrance attire

[quote name='Matt Young']I think $5 is a fair price for that amount of content, especially given how much we've had to pay for things in other games. It's too bad Haas doesn't have multiple attires, but the ability to team up Rhodes and DiBiase as well as being able to play as Evan Bourne are worth $5 to me.[/quote]

Sadly If each character cost 5 I would more than likely get them all anyway... This saves me some money, and I think its a good deal.

Hope it's a pack. They would be treading on the horse armor area. Of course, Namco released Vader on SCIV for 400 points and that was all you got. We shall see.

[quote name='D_Icon']Can't you just create the characters?[/QUOTE]I think the DLC characters have proper TitanTron videos and sound clips for the ring announcer and everything.

Anyone know if the DLC characters have moves that aren't in the main game?

$5 total for three new guys and an alternate costume? Hell yeah, I'm in. I'd pay $5 just for Bourne!

Too bad that they didn't throw in a mocking-entrance for Charlie depending on who he's fighting. That would've been golden.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I think the DLC characters have proper TitanTron videos and sound clips for the ring announcer and everything.

Anyone know if the DLC characters have moves that aren't in the main game?[/quote]

I dont think Bourne's SSP was in the main game.

I dont mind spending $5 on this, really excited to play as Dibiase and Bourne.

[quote name='TheRock88']I dont think Bourne's SSP was in the main game.

I dont mind spending $5 on this, really excited to play as Dibiase and Bourne.[/QUOTE]
I -think- I've seen a video with Bourne's flying knee press as well, but I'm not entirely sure.

I actually got my copy of SDvR back after selling it on Amazon. The receiver refused the shipment because there were fingerprints on the disc and filed a dispute with Amazon on account of the game being "materially different" than offered (I had listed it "free from scratches"). I was weary of refunding the cost until I received the game back, and Amazon refunded his payment completely. I expected to never see the game again and chalked it up as a loss (Amazon refunded it, and I expected that to come out of my balance). Lo and behold, the game came back to me yesterday and according to Amazon, I'm not liable for the refund - it's part of their "A-Z Guarantee". Win!

[quote name='JJSP']I -think- I've seen a video with Bourne's flying knee press as well, but I'm not entirely sure.

I actually got my copy of SDvR back after selling it on Amazon. The receiver refused the shipment because there were fingerprints on the disc and filed a dispute with Amazon on account of the game being "materially different" than offered (I had listed it "free from scratches"). I was weary of refunding the cost until I received the game back, and Amazon refunded his payment completely. I expected to never see the game again and chalked it up as a loss (Amazon refunded it, and I expected that to come out of my balance). Lo and behold, the game came back to me yesterday and according to Amazon, I'm not liable for the refund - it's part of their "A-Z Guarantee". Win![/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I think I should look at selling stuff on Amazon lol

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...ownloadable-content-coming-to-psn-in-january/

3127991347_8c31a2f4c5.jpg

PS3 is getting the same DLC pack as 360, but with the addition of:
* Kelly Kelly - holiday costume (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)
* Maria Santa - holiday costume (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)
* Masked Kane - alternate attire (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)
* MVP - alternate attire (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)
* Edge - alternate attire (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)

...guess they couldn't sell the Christmas outfits after Christmas. :lol: MVP's outfit is the purple/silver attire (from SVR08?), and Edge's is black/red "Rated R Superstar" tights. What's his SVR09 default attire?

eh, masked kane is about the only neat exclusive. And isn't there already a masked kane in SVR09 (the old-old-old masked kane, with the one-sleeve original outfit?

In that case, wait 6 months to buy your games this gen. Some, like Mirror's Edge and SvR09, have exclusive PS3 content. Others, like GTAIV and Oblivion, have exclusive 360 content. Some may have exclusive stuff on both.

Sucks, sure, but that's the way it is this gen. At least, for a change, I have the PS3 version.

If there's anything that 'sucks,' it's not that stuff is exclusive; it's that both DLC packs are the same price and have different amounts of content.

I finally caved in and bought it at Target for 39 plus tax. I'm going to use Masahiro Chono's Team 2000 Crash music. It is going to be, as the kids say, "epic." :oops:

Edit: Didn't see the post before mine.

I still think $40 is going to be too much for my taste from what I played of the demo. I'll probably wait until it clearances at Target for $20 or so late in 09.

Broke down and picked this up from Target for $39. I haven't played the SvR series since PS2. Anyone care to give me the bullet points on features? Pwease? ;)

Example:
>Custom soundtracks for intros? Gotta be locally saved on the unit?
>How much DLC? More coming?
>Anything else.

Thanks.

Actually the custom soundtrack for intro doesnt have to be local. I was able to use my "Playlist" that is network shared for my intro. The playlist is only 1 song long but it does work.

[quote name='Matt Young']Just Irish whip them into the table.[/quote]

I tried doing that but my opponent just kept bouncing off of the table. I have no problem doing it with the announce table that way. I'll try it again and see. Thanks.

I searched the forums with no luck, BUT. Do we have a Smackdown vs Raw 08 thread? I was wondering if anybody still played. And if anybody has a good RVD.

After going back and forth between SvR 2009 and TNA iMPACT!, the sound in 2009 isn't that great.

I'd wish the moves sounded like they had more impact when you hit the mat, that the crowd gets progressively louder throughout the match, and everyone who records dialogue should be almost shouting their lines since all the voices you hear lack the enthusiasm you get in live events.

I don't know why,but with 2008 I'm way better offline compared to playing it online. Usually when I played it online someone was extremely cheap or it lagged like crazy or they left before it was over. I haven't even tried to play 2009 online,but I want to after I saw this. I would be down for the tourney even If I get owned. ;)

I played the hell out of these games on PS2 and figured I'd get at least more of the same. But I'm actually a bit underwhelmed. The Road to Wrestlemania storylines are nice but short. The default difficulty is should be hard and the specials come up fast. Plus I cannot tell you how many times I've seen that stupid "playing possum" rollup when I go to pin someone after a finisher. It happens at least once per match. This game is definitely missing the "wow" factor. What are we missing here? Or is it just me?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So the PS3 got the update today which also included Super Crazy and Rey's alternate attire.[/quote]

yea just saw it on psn store.. still a no go for xbl :(

[quote name='jp0213']Probably wont see it until Tuesday.[/quote]

thats freakin horrible...

and yea wwe site says available now on psn and coming soon on xbl

WTF!!!!

I'm not sure why people are getting worked up over this. Honestly, we've waited this long as it is, a few more days won't kill you.

To me, it just means that's a few more days until I play SvR09 for the first time since the week after it came out. Yeah, exciting. Woo.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So the PS3 got the update today which also included Super Crazy and Rey's alternate attire.[/quote]

Is that a free update? Also, is this the update that allows unlimited attribute points for CAWS?

The Road to WrestleMania story mode is surprisingly enjoyable. :oops:

If I had a chance to speak to the developers, I would ask them why all moves are not made available in create-a-wrestler. However, I suppose that makes WWE wrestlers more 'special'/unique than created wrestlers. :whistle2:k

I haven't played a SmackDown game since, I think, the first SmackDown vs. Raw, so the automated target system is new to me. Surprisingly, it is competent.

And yeah, where's the 360 DLC?! :angryface:

For those who said they want to do a tournament or just some matches, what is the best day for you all? Thursday is Call of Duty night, Friday is NHL 09 night, and Saturdays aren't too good for me, personally. That leaves Sunday-Thursday. How about Monday before or after Raw? That or Sunday anytime (well, besides this Sunday and Super Bowl Sunday).

Still no DLC, I guess it'll be tomorrow.

I need the following themes, if someone can help me or point me in the right direction:

Vladamir Kozlov
Stone Cold (Disturbed version preferbly)
Real American
All the things she said (Victoria's old theme)
The Man with the Plan (THE Brian Kendrick)

... thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back