WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

All signs point to no.

Pretty sure they neglected GM mode altogether this year :[ I hope they at least bring it back and / or PPV mode.

Still not sure if I'm getting this year's version. 08 was really the one & only SD! game to leave a bad taste in my mouth, but 09 looks to be a major improvement in nearly every category (that I care about).

Unfortunately, I doubt it, lilboo. I too would rather enjoy using people like Victoria and Beth Phoenix against male wrestlers in specialty matches. I wonder why they haven't allowed it. :whistle2:k

35lg8dy.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/909/909409p1.html

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14242649/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009/videos/svr_undertaker_091208.html

Undertaker's face looks eerily realistic. Sure, they softened his wrinkles and other age blemishes, but it still looks spot on. Probably the best of SVR09, thus far. However, his tights are very outdated, and look like a onesie.

As for his stats, he's the Undertaker. If anyone should be rated the highest in the game, it's him. Plus, his stats are pretty spot-on. It's interesting how the stats have been pretty fair and accurate. I guess they're actually giving effort to their final hurrah.

[quote name='DJSteel']his Charisma should be a -69[/quote]

"69" and "Mark Henry" should not be in the same sentence. Unless he's 69-ing a subway sandwich. :fridge:

[quote name='chasemurata']Unfortunately, I doubt it, lilboo. I too would rather enjoy using people like Victoria and Beth Phoenix against male wrestlers in specialty matches. I wonder why they haven't allowed it. :whistle2:k
[/quote]

Well in the latest Q&A with Ledesma, he said that WWE does not want them to put Divas in those kind of specialty matches because "that's not what the fans expect from the Divas."

[quote name='-Never4ever-']All signs point to no.

Pretty sure they neglected GM mode altogether this year :[ I hope they at least bring it back and / or PPV mode.

Still not sure if I'm getting this year's version. 08 was really the one & only SD! game to leave a bad taste in my mouth, but 09 looks to be a major improvement in nearly every category (that I care about).[/quote]

Yeah it's been confirmed that there is NO GM Mode this year, HOWEVER Ledesma stated that another mode will feature some of the stuff you could do in GM Mode.

I'm thinking a hybrid of GM Mode and a Regular Season where you can use anyone.

Also there will be alternate attires for the 8 individuals in the Road To Wrestlemania story mode.

And Jimmy Wang Yang, Festus, Chuck Palumbo, Cody Rhodes, Mickie James, and Candice have been confirmed.

festusxs7.png

You know i havent bought the last two smackdown vs raw games, just because i thought they failed to deliver. But this game is making me excited, and if the roster is as big as they brag about, it should be a good game.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yeah it's been confirmed that there is NO GM Mode this year, HOWEVER Ledesma stated that another mode will feature some of the stuff you could do in GM Mode.

Also there will be alternate attires for the 8 individuals in the Road To Wrestlemania story mode.

And Jimmy Wang Yang, Festus, Chuck Palumbo, Cody Rhodes, Mickie James, and Candice have been confirmed.

festusxs7.png
[/quote]

Chuck Palumbo? Considering how some attires are very outdated, I assume they created him during his mild push, and are just keeping him in the game(?).

Festus' stats interest me. Particularly his number for submission, technique, and charisma. :whistle2:k

I'm expecting Mickie to be in her Native American costume garb. :whistle2:#

94 charisma for The Undertaker? Mark Henry cuts better promos than him. Take away his entrance, and you're left with nothing.

[quote name='lmz00']94 charisma for The Undertaker? Mark Henry cuts better promos than him. Take away his entrance, and you're left with nothing.[/quote]

I guess 'presence' is included in 'charisma.' ;)

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yeah it's been confirmed that there is NO GM Mode this year, HOWEVER Ledesma stated that another mode will feature some of the stuff you could do in GM Mode.

festusxs7.png
[/QUOTE]

Very, very lame. I hope they at least give us PPV mode again.

And if Festus & Jimmy Wang Yang are in the game, they damn well better give us Kendrick & London.

London's still around? I thought it's all about THE Brian Kendrick! In which case he better have MANY different jackets.

I was going to head to bed, but had to post this before Tuesday's release.

Sweet baby Buddha, what is that atrocious music set for his entrance music?! That remix is horrible. Also, judging by the video and in-game pictures, his neck looks way too long. What the heck, THQ/Yukes! And, of course, his attire is outdated, but I suppose I should not blame them for "not being able" to adjust things so soon.

His stats are fair, I guess. If his stats were set around his idle, non-mega-heel push period, then they are certainly fair. Today's mega-heel push Jericho would definitely see at least a 75 for Hardcore, 75 for Durability, a digit or so less Strength, 85 for Stamina, and possibly higher numbers for Technique and Speed. His overall would probably at least be 90. One digit may not seem a lot, but it does affect perception. What would you rather score in school, an 89 or a 90? Sure, both may be an "A-" but the 90 would possibly impress more people.

Now I'm just rambling because I'm bothered by Jericho's long neck and shitty entrance music. :bomb:

*scurries off into the night*

I actually like how the music itself sounds, just not the vocals, especially the extended "break the walls down" x10 that starts it, throws the timing off, and the alternating vocals. But the slower and heavier sound works for me

[quote name='lilboo']Chase - Murata = Chase? :whistle2:s[/quote]

Hehehe... yes, I had my username changed. I had some students Google search my full name and find out I visit CAG. I changed it to prevent that in the future. :robot:

[quote name='diddy310']I actually like how the music itself sounds, just not the vocals, especially the extended "break the walls down" x10 that starts it, throws the timing off, and the alternating vocals. But the slower and heavier sound works for me[/quote]

When you get SOCOM Confrontation, I'm going to shoot you for that opinion. :nottalking:

[quote name='Chase']I am indeed, and at work right now. :whistle2:# i r slackin :oops:[/quote]
For some reason you've become alot more bad ass in my eyes now...

[quote name='bardockkun']For some reason you've become alot more bad ass in my eyes now...[/quote]

Why thank you! :bouncy: Would you like to braid my hair?

8-[

[quote name='Chase']Why thank you! :bouncy: Would you like to braid my hair?

8-[[/quote]
Can't I just give you cornrows instead?

Bah to lack of GM mode. It was nearly broken in most aspects, but I've put more time into that mode (in both 08 and 06) than anything else.

Hope these 'elements' will mean it's there, just by a different name.

[quote name='007']Bah to lack of GM mode. It was nearly broken in most aspects, but I've put more time into that mode (in both 08 and 06) than anything else.

Hope these 'elements' will mean it's there, just by a different name.[/quote]

I found out about the lack of GM mode only last week. It's a bummer. One day, I hope they're able to combine EWR/TEW with No Mercy's engine. That would be incredible.

[quote name='Chase']I have never tried it. But, I'm always up for new experiences. ;)[/quote]
Then prepare to look like Mark Henry....

I suppose I better get ready to split wigs. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Halo05']Ambigously gay wrestling conversation is ambigously gay. ;)[/quote]

Sir, I know not what you mean. :whistle2:\";)

Well, I havn't been caught up on this. But I watched the Road To Wrestlemania video. I will admit that i Like how the Jericho match ends, and how it cuts out with the WWE logo like the real Raw does. But there is not going to be any Single player CAW mode? Like Season? Just Season Co-op?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Well, I havn't been caught up on this. But I watched the Road To Wrestlemania video. I will admit that i Like how the Jericho match ends, and how it cuts out with the WWE logo like the real Raw does. But there is not going to be any Single player CAW mode? Like Season? Just Season Co-op?[/quote]

Only several wrestlers will be available for single-player career mode, which is a bummer. So, no CAWs in career/season mode. There---is---terrible voice-acting from Finlay, though. :cold:

They gave CM Punk a huge jaw (see: gameplay video). I just thought I'd point that out. That, and his beard is too thick. Otherwise, he's not too terrible. I can't tell if they edited out his Pepsi tattoo.

I found interesting his abilities. "Object", "Ladder Match", and "Springboard" are new to me. It seems like there are lots of abilities. That RPG element is pretty neat.

As for his stats, I suppose it's spot-on. I think his Charisma is too high. But yep, it's pretty spot-on. No complaints here.

from wat ive seen so far, i think the stats are pretty well done. i was expecting the typical exagerated, make everyone seem strong stats that have been in past wwe games

Speaking of stats, i wish they would allow us to create a wrestler and set their stats to whatever we want like any other sports game today. I dont have time to make 20 caws and then play 20 times in season mode to gain their stats up, just to make them more realistic. Making the caw and setting up moves takes a ton of time as it is.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Speaking of stats, i wish they would allow us to create a wrestler and set their stats to whatever we want like any other sports game today. I dont have time to make 20 caws and then play 20 times in season mode to gain their stats up, just to make them more realistic. Making the caw and setting up moves takes a ton of time as it is.[/quote]

I haven't played a Smackdown game in a couple years. How exactly are they going to handle created wrestler stats if the season mode can only be accessed by few, select WWE wrestlers? :whistle2:k

I thought there was a season mode to go along with the short Road to Wrestlemania story. Hmmmm. That would be a huge step back if they dont have a regular season mode. I for one, dont really care for any of the few wrestlers in Road to Wrestlemania.

I just had to comment: Candice Michelle does her opening-robe taunt without her robe. I found that a bit hilarious. :whistle2:#

I think it's good that Yuke's appears to want the female wrestlers to stand a chance against their male counterparts. But it's a bit for naught considering how Yuke's has chosen to use women in the game.

Wonky Smackdown hair returns! He also moves very stiffly. However, everything else seems to be accurate. So, that's a plus.

His stats seem reasonable, but I think his Charisma is too high.

Something about that pic of Umaga reminds of the early N64 wrestling titles. He looks like the front of his face is one single flat side of a polygon, and a photo of his face just slapped on there.

Totally, totally two-dimensional.

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: Umaga[/quote]

That is exactly what I did when he first debuted/returned and I saw how they asked him to behave.

He is quite the caricature/character.

[quote name='mykevermin']Something about that pic of Umaga reminds of the early N64 wrestling titles. He looks like the front of his face is one single flat side of a polygon, and a photo of his face just slapped on there.

Totally, totally two-dimensional.[/quote]

Check out the video. He animation looks wonky. It's like he's wearing an invisible coat hanger that impedes his movement. I guess it's a theme, as Candice wears an invisible coat when she does her entrance taunt.

[quote name='GodlyOne']It looks like all the mass from Umaga's legs transferred to his shoulders, like some weird CAW.

Also wtf at restrictions against Triple H looking "weak" in screenshots.
http://rajah.com/base/node/13593[/quote]

I wonder if Vince/Stephanie/WWE corporate handles/handled others the same way as they do Nosey? If John Cena, who is as big a name if not bigger than Triple H, doesn't receive similar treatment, I think we can draw accurate conclusions.

[quote name='mykevermin']Totally, totally two-dimensional.[/quote]
Hey, that's easily one more dimension than he's got in real life.

Well hopefully we'll be able to choose to switch to the undisputed style WWE championship as opposed to the John Cena WWE championship that they insist on keeping even though Cena's no longer the champ. :lol:

bread's done
Back