WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

At this point, I think the Spinner is their present banner for the WWE championship. :whistle2:(

It is, by far and away, the ugliest title belt WWE has ever created/used. It looks less significant than the European title.

[quote name='Chase']At this point, I think the Spinner is their present banner for the WWE championship. :whistle2:(

It is, by far and away, the ugliest title belt WWE has ever created/used. It looks less significant than the European title.[/quote]

It'd be like them keeping the smokin' skull championship during the attitude era. That's the only thing that doesn't make ANY sense to me, I remember hearing an interview with Orton saying that he hated the spinner belt.
Well I guess they think super-gluing the spinner in place will make people forget that it's Cena's belt :roll:.

[quote name='Chase']At this point, I think the Spinner is their present banner for the WWE championship. :whistle2:(

It is, by far and away, the ugliest title belt WWE has ever created/used. It looks less significant than the European title.[/quote]
I don't hate the spinner belt as long as Cena holds it. It's ugly, but it fits his character in the same way the smoking skull belt fit Austin.

Can't be any worse than the old white belt that HBK (Warrior?) had.

[quote name='JJSP']I don't hate the spinner belt as long as Cena holds it. It's ugly, but it fits his character in the same way the smoking skull belt fit Austin.

Can't be any worse than the old white belt that HBK (Warrior?) had.[/quote]

Well yes, it fits John Cena's character in the same fashion the Smoking Skull belt fit Mister Austin's, but at least they rotated out the Smoking Skull belt. I really do not see why they cannot do the same with John Cena.
29o1it4.gif

[quote name='GodlyOne']It'd be like them keeping the smokin' skull championship during the attitude era. That's the only thing that doesn't make ANY sense to me, I remember hearing an interview with Orton saying that he hated the spinner belt.
Well I guess they think super-gluing the spinner in place will make people forget that it's Cena's belt :roll:.[/quote]

I think everyone not named John Cena looks ridiculous with the Spinner belt.
egpope.gif

[quote name='Chase']Well yes, it fits John Cena's character in the same fashion the Smoking Skull belt fit Mister Austin's, but at least they rotated out the Smoking Skull belt. I really do not see why they cannot do the same with John Cena.
29o1it4.gif

[/quote]
Because, Mr. Murata, John Cena's time is now. Duhhhh.

I've just accepted the spinner... not because I like it, but because there's no hope. I guess it's selling beyond well, since we've gone past every conceivable reason or way we'd have dropped it.

Cena doesn't have it. It's on a show Cena isn't even on. It's gone through two different people since Cena. And, finally, Trips has held it for months.

If none of those things made it go away, it's not going anywhere. I was hoping and praying that HHH would be our savior with it, but I guess even he doesn't have *that* much power.

So, like I said... I still hate it, but I've just sat back and accepted the inevitability of it staying around for the forseeable future.

... that said, if they don't have the option to use the undisputed belt in 09, I see no choice but to just leave the damn belt on Cena. Won't let it go near anyone else.

More wonky Smackdown hair. I am a bit surprised Yuke's didn't inflate their stats.

But yes, there's something off with their models. Not that I care or will play as either, but still.

Kane should be grateful they modeled his character during his 'roid days. Speaking of which, I am not looking forward to JBL's art. Did JBL have titties six to eight months ago? :whistle2:k

I really wasn't expecting a high overall for Kane. I think 90's fair, though.

Bah. JBL's model, just like his action figure, will feature the six pack he's never had.

It won't look a bit like JBL, in other words. More Triple H than Dusty Rhodes.

Well, they're obviously reusing a lot of the art from 08, but not all of it. That strikes me as odd. Especially when both of the ones changed on this page (Umaga and JTG) had way better artwork in 08.

Bizarre.

[quote name='007']Well, they're obviously reusing a lot of the art from 08, but not all of it. That strikes me as odd. Especially when both of the ones changed on this page (Umaga and JTG) had way better artwork in 08.

Bizarre.[/quote]

Yeah i think some of the characters dont look as good as last year. But this is supposed to be the biggest roster ever.... 60+ wrestlers, no legends unless you count flair. So maybe they took less time making the character models great, and settled for good enough to get more wrestlers in the game.

Anyway, IGN is supposed to announce a new feature of the game this thursday. I dunno if anyone posted that. But rumor is that its a WWE highlight Reel where you can record and make your own highlight video. If its true, that would be sweet.

Pretty much a ton of confirmed wrestlers.... thanks to this roster page that wasnt supposed to be up yet.

EDIT. LOL THQ has just removed the link to the swf roster page.

SmackDown!
Big Show
Brian Kendrick
Carlito
Curt Hawkins
Edge
Festus
The Great Khali
Jeff Hardy
Jesse
Jimmy Wang Yang
Maria
Michelle McCool
Mr. Kennedy
MVP
Shelton Benjamin
Triple H
Umaga
Undertaker
Victoria
Zach Ryder

Raw
Batista
Beth Phoenix
Candice Michelle
Chris Jericho
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Hardcore Holly
JBL
Jillian Hall
John Cena
JTG
Kane
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Lance Cade
Layla
Melina
Mickie James
Mr. McMahon
Paul London
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Snitsky
William Regal

ECW
The Boogeyman
Chavo Guerrero
Elijah Burke
Finlay
John Morrison
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
The Miz
Tazz
Tommy Dreamer
Hornswoggle

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't care to really scour the list - anyone totally on the wrong show, or someone critical that's missing?[/quote]

I dont think so. The only one i wish was in the game is Ted Dibiase Jr. Though the roster page wasnt 100%. There were a few wrestlers not on it that we have seen on IGN wrestler countdown. But i dont think he will make it.

Ooh, yeah, DiBiase jr. I'll be mighty mighty let down if we get "GIANT PANTS!" Brian Kendrick and not THEE Brian Kendrick.

Also, I take it (haven't really followed this game all that much TBH) that there will be no "legends" in this game?

[quote name='mykevermin']Ooh, yeah, DiBiase jr. I'll be mighty mighty let down if we get "GIANT PANTS!" Brian Kendrick and not THEE Brian Kendrick.

Also, I take it (haven't really followed this game all that much TBH) that there will be no "legends" in this game?[/quote]

I dont think legends will be in this game. not with Legends of Wrestlemania coming out in march. The only legend that might be in the game is Ric Flair.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']They've already confirmed that Hornswoggle is not a playable character since that would cause major collision detection problems.[/quote]
GODDAMMIT! Why can't you let me dream of my Great Khali vs. Hornswaggle in a hell in a cell match or better yet inferno match?!

And plus why in the hell would Tazz be a playable character unless it's a legend? But then why would he be the only legend in the game?

And the Boogeyman has not been on TV in like, what? A year?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']And plus why in the hell would Tazz be a playable character unless it's a legend? But then why would he be the only legend in the game?

And the Boogeyman has not been on TV in like, what? A year?[/quote]

It would be neat if you could assault commentators for a bit and then watch them walk to the back in disgust and anger. Sort of like Royal Rumble and the referee. Plus, it would be a nice alternative to simply turning off commentary. ;):D

[quote name='bardockkun']GODDAMMIT! Why can't you let me dream of my Great Khali vs. Hornswaggle in a hell in a cell match or better yet inferno match?![/quote]

That would be hilarious. :lol: I wonder what the minimum height is for created wrestlers in '09?

[quote name='mykevermin']Ooh, yeah, DiBiase jr. I'll be mighty mighty let down if we get "GIANT PANTS!" Brian Kendrick and not THEE Brian Kendrick.

Also, I take it (haven't really followed this game all that much TBH) that there will be no "legends" in this game?[/quote]

Well, on Podcast Beyond one of the developers said the roster will be huge at around 60 wrestlers. I assume some of those will be legends, even though there's a legends game coming out. Maybe.

And we better get two-tone jacket wearing thee Brian Kendrick! :bomb:

[quote name='The 7th Number']Pretty much a ton of confirmed wrestlers.... thanks to this roster page that wasnt supposed to be up yet.

SmackDown!
Big Show
Brian Kendrick
Carlito
Curt Hawkins
Edge
Festus
The Great Khali
Jeff Hardy
Jesse
Jimmy Wang Yang
Maria
Michelle McCool
Mr. Kennedy
MVP
Shelton Benjamin
Triple H
Umaga
Undertaker
Victoria
Zach Ryder

Raw
Batista
Beth Phoenix
Candice Michelle
Chris Jericho
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Hardcore Holly
JBL
Jillian Hall
John Cena
JTG
Kane
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Lance Cade
Layla
Melina
Mickie James
Mr. McMahon
Paul London
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Snitsky
William Regal

ECW
The Boogeyman
Chavo Guerrero
Elijah Burke
Finlay
John Morrison
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
The Miz
Tazz
Tommy Dreamer
Hornswoggle
[/quote]

Thanks, 7th. I missed this earlier. No legends. Whoops. :whistle2:#

I am totally going to make Masahiro Chono and square him off against MVP. :drool:

If there are legends, I expect them to be the 'standard' ones, like Rock, Austin, and Hart (and possibly announcers, like King and Tazz). Anyone that's new or slightly more obscure will likely go to the LoW game.

At this point, I'd say we're getting old Brian Kendrick, simply based on the lack of Ezekiel. If he had made the cut-off, that means The Brian Kendrick would have, too. It seems this may be a Morrison/Nitro 08 situation, which is REALLY disappointing.

... now, I remember hearing a while back that (likely because TNA said they were doing it) there would be DLC wrestlers for this one. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm hoping not, since that'd be a great way to get past the cut-off thing and add in people like DiBiase Jr., or 'patch' in Jericho's new outfit or The Brian Kendrick. If anything, that's what I want the most out of this game... the availability of DLC or patches that update the game periodically, even if it's only to, say, change a guy's name. I'd use the shit out of Morrison in 08 if he wasn't permanently named Johnny Nitro.

[quote name='Chase']
Mickie has the Joker's mouth (watch her gameplay footage). :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Her hardcore rating is accurate but her softcore rating should be much higher.

I'm thinkin' Arby's.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Pretty much a ton of confirmed wrestlers.... thanks to this roster page that wasnt supposed to be up yet.

SmackDown!
Big Show
Brian Kendrick
Carlito
Curt Hawkins
Edge
Festus
The Great Khali
Jeff Hardy
Jesse
Jimmy Wang Yang
Maria
Michelle McCool
Mr. Kennedy
MVP
Shelton Benjamin
Triple H
Umaga
Undertaker
Victoria
Zach Ryder

Raw
Batista
Beth Phoenix
Candice Michelle
Chris Jericho
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Hardcore Holly
JBL
Jillian Hall
John Cena
JTG
Kane
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Lance Cade
Layla
Melina
Mickie James
Mr. McMahon
Paul London
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Snitsky
William Regal

ECW
The Boogeyman
Chavo Guerrero
Elijah Burke
Finlay
John Morrison
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
The Miz
Tazz
Tommy Dreamer
Hornswoggle
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

Im glad that Victoria is finally in the game, after being absent from the Smackdown series for so long. She's definitely one of the best female wrestlers in WWE.

Occasionally they manage to slip a last-minute gimmick change into a new game. They got Kane's mask off in HCTP, and I think his TV unmasking happened relatively close to the game's release IIRC. So it's feasible that Brian Kendrick could get the "The" treatment... I'm wouldn't bet on it, but at least there's a precedent for it.

Missing from the list posted by 7th number (Active roster):

RAW
Charlie Haas
D-Lo Brown
Jamie Noble
Mike Adamle :)()
Paul Burchill
Ted DiBiase Jr.

SmackDown! (Unsure if these guys are active or not, I don't watch SD or ECW that much)
DH Smith
Gregory Helms
Primo Colon (Too new)
R-Truth (Same)
Super Crazy
Vladimir Kozlov (Thank god)

ECW
Jack Swagger (Too new? Bad gimmick, too)
Mike Knox
Ricky Ortiz

All in all, a pretty solid roster, definitely happy about a lot of the names on there, the only few I'm bummed about not being in the game are Super Crazy, Primo Colon, DH Smith, Haas, DiBiase Jr. and Adamle.. though maybe Adamle will show up in some form or fashion.

[quote name='007']At this point, I'd say we're getting old Brian Kendrick, simply based on the lack of Ezekiel. If he had made the cut-off, that means The Brian Kendrick would have, too. It seems this may be a Morrison/Nitro 08 situation, which is REALLY disappointing.

... now, I remember hearing a while back that (likely because TNA said they were doing it) there would be DLC wrestlers for this one. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm hoping not, since that'd be a great way to get past the cut-off thing and add in people like DiBiase Jr., or 'patch' in Jericho's new outfit or The Brian Kendrick. If anything, that's what I want the most out of this game... the availability of DLC or patches that update the game periodically, even if it's only to, say, change a guy's name. I'd use the shit out of Morrison in 08 if he wasn't permanently named Johnny Nitro.[/quote]

I would buy points to download Bri Bri or Jericho's present, mega-heel self. Outside of those two, I'd get Ezekiel if he accompanied Kendrick to the ring. Probably Burchill, too.

Thanks for the list, Scorch.

[quote name='Halo05']Her hardcore rating is accurate but her softcore rating should be much higher.

I'm thinkin' Arby's.[/quote]

:rofl:

I laughed so loud I laughed so loud.

[quote name='Scorch']All in all, a pretty solid roster, definitely happy about a lot of the names on there, the only few I'm bummed about not being in the game are Super Crazy, Primo Colon, DH Smith, Haas, DiBiase Jr. and Adamle.. though maybe Adamle will show up in some form or fashion.[/quote]

It would be fun if we could unlock Mike Adamle as a commentator and hear him flub lines while Taz tries to correct him.

During last week's Podcast Beyond a Yuke's developer said there is a career mode available for created wrestlers. I'm waiting to see how that turns out.

To be fair, that roster that was leaked was missing some people IGN has shown. Its not a complete list, but those people are in. The total roster of the leak plus other wrestlers we know are in is 60. They said there would be 60+ wrestlers. So expect a few more wrestlers for sure that arent on that list, but i dunno how many exactly. Probably 2-5 more.

[quote name='The 7th Number']To be fair, that roster that was leaked was missing some people IGN has shown. Its not a complete list, but those people are in. The total roster of the leak plus other wrestlers we know are in is 60. They said there would be 60+ wrestlers. So expect a few more wrestlers for sure that arent on that list, but i dunno how many exactly. Probably 2-5 more.[/quote]

Hopefully, IGN debuts Kendrick and Ezekiel like they did with Cryme Tyme. Thee Brian Kendrick without Ezekiel wouldn't be right. Though, I would take Kendrick any way I could get him.

Has Ezekiel even wrestled? Or is he going to be like Hornswaggle and be a manager and randomly help out (and not crawl under the ring and frighten Diva's I mean), if he's in there I mean.

And I still want to choke slam Hornswaggle through hell in a cell or into an announce table. Seriously hate him so much...Or they can have the wrestlers do what Ric Flair did and knife edge chop the shit out of him instead.

[quote name='bardockkun']Has Ezekiel even wrestled? Or is he going to be like Hornswaggle and be a manager and randomly help out (and not crawl under the ring and frighten Diva's I mean), if he's in there I mean.

And I still want to choke slam Hornswaggle through hell in a cell or into an announce table. Seriously hate him so much...Or they can have the wrestlers do what Ric Flair did and knife edge chop the shit out of him instead.[/quote]

Not yet. He's still in his Diesel bodyguard phase. I expect noticeable things from Ezekiel. He may not have the charisma of Kevin Nash, but he has the look, which is important.

[quote name='Chase']Not yet. He's still in his Diesel bodyguard phase. I expect noticeable things from Ezekiel. He may not have the charisma of Kevin Nash, but he has the look, which is important.[/quote]

Also, according to Jim Cornette, out of all the OVW wrestlers, he wrote the best essay on the 50 most influential people in wrestling, beginning with the 1st generation of McMahon to be in wrestling (i cant remember his first name) and ending with Triple H and tying it all together, where most others just copied and pasted a lot of theirs. So, at least he has some knowledge, or at least was willing to put some work into it.

Also, freakin Ashley of all people is on the countdown today, but I'll let Chase post and rant, because I know of his massive love for her

[quote name='diddy310']Also, according to Jim Cornette, out of all the OVW wrestlers, he wrote the best essay on the 50 most influential people in wrestling, beginning with the 1st generation of McMahon to be in wrestling (i cant remember his first name) and ending with Triple H and tying it all together, where most others just copied and pasted a lot of theirs. So, at least he has some knowledge, or at least was willing to put some work into it.

Also, freakin Ashley of all people is on the countdown today, but I'll let Chase post and rant, because I know of his massive love for her[/quote]

That is an interesting factoid about Ezekiel, diddy. :whistle2:k I guess I look forward to seeing him achieve great things in WWE, then. Hopefully, he's given a chance. :D

Also:

TANKS FUR TEH HEDDS UP

[quote name='Chase']Not yet. He's still in his Diesel bodyguard phase. I expect noticeable things from Ezekiel. He may not have the charisma of Kevin Nash, but he has the look, which is important.[/quote]
Plus I doubt as easily injurable or as big an ego as Nash...

[quote name='Chase']Thee Brian Kendrick[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're spelling it right. I'm trying to create a movement where he's always refereed to that way in print, such that the WWE will change his name from "The Brian Kendrick" to "THEE Brian Kendrick."

Caps optional.

Also, Zeke has a good look, but it's clear from following their dev scene that they brought him up, saw a muscular bald black man with a beard, and sent Charles "The Hammer" Evans packing. They'd be afraid fans would confuse the two, unfortunately.

I'm sure of it.

EDIT: Shane/Steph are 4th generation promoters. Great-grandad was Jess McMahon, Vince Sr., Vince Jr., and Shane/Stephanie.

A shout of thanks to Yuke's for giving her shorts. I think no one wants eye AIDS, which is what would have been transmitted if they had left her wide open. Not unlike the crater a bomb creates on land. Ashley looks like they cut off Mr. Ed's tongue, cut it in half, and glued it to her mouth. I need to give Ashley credit, though. It must take a lot of effort to look so trashy. She makes the Pussycat Dolls look classy.

[/steam]

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm glad you're spelling it right. I'm trying to create a movement where he's always refereed to that way in print, such that the WWE will change his name from "The Brian Kendrick" to "THEE Brian Kendrick."

Caps optional.

Also, Zeke has a good look, but it's clear from following their dev scene that they brought him up, saw a muscular bald black man with a beard, and sent Charles "The Hammer" Evans packing. They'd be afraid fans would confuse the two, unfortunately.

I'm sure of it.

EDIT: Shane/Steph are 4th generation promoters. Great-grandad was Jess McMahon, Vince Sr., Vince Jr., and Shane/Stephanie.[/quote]

If WWE puts out a well-designed thee Brian Kendrick shirt that just says "THEE", I will buy it and put it on my pillow.
5pn0vo.gif

[quote name='bardockkun']Plus I doubt as easily injurable or as big an ego as Nash...[/quote]

Other than commenting on how he's built out of wafers, I can't say a negative thing about Kevin Nash, as his hair is the reason why angels cry.
xgdsah.png

[quote name='bardockkun']Ashley looks either Mexican or Asian hoochie or both crammed together to be the ultimate hoochie.[/quote]

Speaking of crammed, her Hardcore rating is 45 not as a representative of her hardcore wrestling ability, but of a specific world-record total.

[quote name='Chase']
Speaking of crammed, her Hardcore rating is 45 not as a representative of her hardcore wrestling ability, but of a specific world-record total.[/quote]
Is that why we don't see Paul London anymore? He was number 45 and swallowed whole and never seen since?

And Nash now I want to say looks like sexy "10 Commandments" Moses...Except holding those commandments means afterwards he'll be out of wrestling for 6 months.

[quote name='William Regal']Ashley. She's a scruffy mare. Dirty, filthy little thing, my goodness gracious. Take a bloody bath or something; She's just dirty looking. She's there with those bloody things in her lip and tattoos, like someone who works on the docks. She should be unloading fish off a ship somewhere.[/quote]heh.

[quote name='bardockkun']Is that why we don't see Paul London anymore? He was number 45 and swallowed whole and never seen since?

And Nash now I want to say looks like sexy "10 Commandments" Moses...Except holding those commandments means afterwards he'll be out of wrestling for 6 months.[/quote]

Yes indeed, bardockkun. I have a theory that he put on the wrong hat.

That reminds me, I need to warn JR...

"JR, wait! That's not your ten gallon hat!"

She's like a walking Bermuda triangle, I tell ya.
2h5i82u.png

And I would admit to laughing at what you said about Nash, but I want to remain a member of his Big Sexy Silverfox fan club. He sends some of his hair clippings each Christmas and on our birthdays. :oops:

[quote name='mykevermin']:rofl:

Was that from TV?[/QUOTE]I've seen it quoted around online; apparently it's from a WWE Magazine article in which Regal (Raw GM at the time) was asked which superstar he would wanna trade to a different show. So the quote was from a semi-kayfabe context, but still funny nonetheless.

bread's done
Back