WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - Gen. Discussion & Info - IGN Review is in - 8.5

[quote name='Sigma']The lag on the online play is still a massive issue. It really kills the gameplay with lag and it seems to happen more often then not. So as far as online play goes I am once again incredibly disappointed due to the lag issues, yet again.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tired this years online,but that is why I quit playing smackdown vs raw 2009 online. Seems like it really screwed up my timing, and besides that most people left during a match anyway.

I've run into a couple of snags with CAW. If I adjust the length of an armband, half of the armband disappears. Like say I move the value from 100 to 75. The armband will be three quarters of the original length, but it's only on one side of the arm. When I move it back to 100, the full armband reappears. Anyone else see this happen?

Also, I want to get a simple red, white, and blue wristband. In previous games I just used three layers of arm sleeves and adjusted the lengths, but I don't know if that's possible in this game. Wristband #14 looks like it would do the trick, but I can't really get any decent color out of it, just some shades of grey. Is there some obvious color adjustment I'm missing for that one? I mean I know I can tweak the shading of it, but it seems like the whole purpose of that clothing item was to be a multicolored striped wristband, so it's kinda odd that I can only get some really muddy color adjustments out of it.

I made a story with the story creator. Its a 3 month story, like the other Road to Wrestlemania stories. Its called "Cryme Tyme RTW".... you can search Cryme Tyme, Tag Team, or Eve. I dunno why i didnt put my username as a search item, oh well. Please download, play, and let me know how you like it. Its for xbox 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah 7th Number I'll be giving that a shot! I gotta say, the ability to download stories is an awesome feature that I hadn't even given much thought to before the game came out. I was all on board for writing my own, but I underestimated the fun and longevity that simply DL'ing stuff from others would add to the game. I'm in the middle of a fun one that I downloaded from a dude on the Something Awful forums.
12859_159583817809_503952809_276935.jpg

Meanwhile I found some workarounds, tedious but effective, for my CAW issues. Since changing the length of clothing on a single arm seems to be all glitched, I left the piece at 100 length and used the "Logo" tool to cover the upper portion with a couple of flesh-colored rectangles. For the striped wristband, I turned the French flag sideways and lined a bunch of them next to each other until it went all the way around my forearm.

Is there any way to copy a layer in 2010? Because I'm really dreading making a second wristband for my alternate attire!

I had the weirdest thing happen today. I was playing a friend online in a player match (Punk vs. Hardy HIAC if it matters) and, after we got to a certain point in the match, what we saw on our screens was like it was from 2 different matches. What he was doing was not showing up on my screen, and vice versa. After I "won" the match, getting the 3 count with Punk, it said on his screen that I had dropped and he was left to play against the CPU.

yeah online is horrible. Every game ive played has about a 2 second delay. It really is garbage, and im really dissapointed because i wanted to have some good times online with some friends.

I uploaded a new story called "Legacy - Episode 1", search Legacy, Santino, The 7th Number. For xbox 360.

Man the censors on story creator are really ridiculous. I have to fix the words Surprise, Cody, Watch me, Diabetes, Sexy, an end. Its really annoying since they dont point out which word is bad, and when you have a sentence that you would find in a 3rd graders color book, its hard to see where the bad words are. According to gamingring, the censors are from sony/MS and not THQ/Yukes. But still it makes submitting a story annoying. It wouldnt be so bad if you could fix the words offline, but you cant, and if you screw up its going up on the servers anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of the "classiness" filter when naming Rock Band characters. My "Gordon Ramsay" was deemed unclassy while "Chef Ramsay" went through. Never figured that one out!

To me, SvR10 is a step backwards from 09 gameplay-wise. There are many little things that are so annoying.

However, '10 has a lot of new gameplay modes and others.

I will be adding SvR10 stuff to my YouTube page (see sig). I'm working on several tutorial videos at the moment.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']To me, SvR10 is a step backwards from 09 gameplay-wise. There are many little things that are so annoying.

However, '10 has a lot of new gameplay modes and others.

I will be adding SvR10 stuff to my YouTube page (see sig). I'm working on several tutorial videos at the moment.[/QUOTE]

One of the biggest things i hate is the auto target system. I dont know what happened, because last years game had a really good auto target system. This years just seems broken sometimes. Like when you try to attack a manager outside the ring, or the non legal tag team partner on the apron. Usually my wrestler wont even look at them, even if the legal man is 20 feet away and i run and attack the non legal man. Ill end up turning and trying to hit the legal man. :bomb:

But otherwise i think its a fun game to play. I like the 1 reversal button over 2 buttons from last year. Rumble is a lot more awesome, but maybe too easy? I never tried it on legend or hard difficulty yet.

I missed the last couple of games so I never got a proper introduction to these "struggle submissions." When I'm in one, am I supposed to follow that prompt and slowly move the stick from left to right? Or is it like those ladder matches where I gotta move the stick until I find that rumble spot? When I'm the one doing the move is there any trick to it... I guess you're supposed to find a good time to release it so it doesn't get countered?

Oh and what about the ladder matches... are you still supposed to find the rumble zone to make the case drain faster, or is it a constant speed? As usual the manual leaves out a bunch of little details.

I spin the joystick around while in struggle submissions quickly, and I find that works for me.

Ladder matches you have to hold the joystick up. Depending on position it's either both, or just the left or right one.

ahaaa, great video PerfectEnding! I will try to apply those concepts next time I play. Is there some other equivalent to the Lock icon in '10?

[quote name='BustaUppa']ahaaa, great video PerfectEnding! I will try to apply those concepts next time I play. Is there some other equivalent to the Lock icon in '10?[/QUOTE]
LOL, is the lock icon gone in '10?

I've never noticed. I always kind of assumed it was there. I really don't need it though, after mastering the escape technique. You don't need it, really. You're totally fine if it's not there.

Here's my first tutorial video for SvR10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpcepPhYyww

It shows how to increase your stats quickly and easily, and more. Quite a huge time saver, actually. This video is pretty packed. I'm working on more tutorial videos at the moment.

Nice! Speaking of stats, what was that glitch that we should be looking out for? Editing a CAW's appearance will erase your stats or something like that? Or was it your moveset that would get reset? or am I just getting my info mixed up?

This may be common knowledge, but I finally realized that throwing people out of the Rumble does nothing for your momentum. If you want to gain a finisher you will have to do plenty of "normal" (i.e. not Rumble-specific, meaning quick grapples probably don't count either) moves.

Also, 7th Number, I was reading the censorship thread on GamingRing (don't have an account there yet) and I think I figured out your issue. In the phrase "put an end to your stable," the offending term is probably "puta."

[quote name='BustaUppa']Nice! Speaking of stats, what was that glitch that we should be looking out for? Editing a CAW's appearance will erase your stats or something like that? Or was it your moveset that would get reset? or am I just getting my info mixed up?[/QUOTE]

When you create a wrestler, create their alternate attires at the start before setting up rivalries, entrances, and leveling them up. If you come back and create a new alternate attire it deletes everything. You can always come back and edit the attire after the fact.

[quote name='wildcpac']When you create a wrestler, create their alternate attires at the start before setting up rivalries, entrances, and leveling them up. If you come back and create a new alternate attire it deletes everything. You can always come back and edit the attire after the fact.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the tip.

And hot DAMN... I'm loving the game as a whole, but I'm blown away by how utterly bullshit the CAW Road To Wrestlemania is. Wow. Guess I'm gonna just turn the difficulty way down and cheese my way through it. It's like they consciously TRIED to make it a pain in the ass.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How's the online for you guys? Laggy as hell?[/QUOTE]

Yes, i played a few days of it online, and never had one good connection. Every game was 1-2 second lag.

yea i got the stone cold dlc.. hoping more gets released soon.

and again.. wish they would let you edit the freaking entrance themes of downloaded CAWS. makes the feature useless for me

It's nice to actually see the FCW stars making it big now. Like Sheamus Eric Escobar, Tyson Kidd, Kofi and others. I'm still wanting a damn Joe Hennig in WWE. Then I might start watching it.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']It's nice to actually see the FCW stars making it big now. Like Sheamus Eric Escobar, Tyson Kidd, Kofi and others. I'm still wanting a damn Joe Hennig in WWE. Then I might start watching it.[/QUOTE]

Escobar got fired recently.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Escobar got fired recently.[/QUOTE]

Did he? I wasn't sure. All I know is from what I see on the local channel here. I watch FCW off and on when I remember to put it back on the DVR

Dumb question, but can the roster of WWE : Legends of Wrestlemania be imported to SVR 2010? I just picked up WWE:LOW and was looking to get SVR 2009, since the SVR2009 roster can be imported to Legends. If the price is right and the Legends roster can be imported, I'd rather get SVR2010. If not, then I'll settle for 2009 for now.

[quote name='Indyjones']Dumb question, but can the roster of WWE : Legends of Wrestlemania be imported to SVR 2010? I just picked up WWE:LOW and was looking to get SVR 2009, since the SVR2009 roster can be imported to Legends. If the price is right and the Legends roster can be imported, I'd rather get SVR2010. If not, then I'll settle for 2009 for now.[/QUOTE]

No.

I rented this when it first came out. I finally bought it. I've bought every other wrestling game within the week it was released. I didn't this one since I was broke... The online isn't that great. I would be down to play it though.

It's alive!

Picked this game up not long ago. I love the fact that you can download CAWs. There are some really talented people that can work some freaking magic. Got some sick variations of classic wrestlers along with a spot-on Hart Dynasty, Sheamus, Zack Ryder and mid-90s heel HBK.

I've heard the online is atrociously lagged, but I haven't given a shit about wrestling online since 2007-2008. 99 OVR CAWs ruled supreme and people glitched like a mofo whenever I played, so I just gave up on that years ago. At least we get something good out of it -- downloadable CAWs! haha

bread's done
Back