X-Men Legends 2 (PSP) - some amazing exclusives

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
This is actually making me hold off on buying the game now for the consoles... I had heard a little bit about this, and sure enough it's confirmed on the official site.

The PSP version will have FOUR exclusive characters (one of which is Cable), as well as 9 all new classic comic book missions designed espically for the PSP.

With all the buzz going around on how great X-Men Legends 2 is, it sounds like we're going to get a great game on top of some awesome exclusives.

normally, i see cross platform release, I say fuck it. but now, with what OP said, it moves into buy.

this is what publishers/studios should do for cross platform titles. Take note of this *cough EA cough*, though they aren't the only one, only the largest offender. I don't want no madden 200x, or need for shit--er--speed 123456 with the same crap translated to PSP. I want some little exclusive things like this.

and hell yes, Cable is such a badass.

[quote name='sononkyo']normally, i see cross platform release, I say fuck it. but now, with what OP said, it moves into buy.

this is what publishers/studios should do for cross platform titles. Take note of this *cough EA cough*, though they aren't the only one, only the largest offender. I don't want no madden 200x, or need for shit--er--speed 123456 with the same crap translated to PSP. I want some little exclusive things like this.

and hell yes, Cable is such a badass.[/QUOTE]
Also one of the best albeit cheapest characters in MvC2

[quote name='sononkyo']normally, i see cross platform release, I say fuck it. but now, with what OP said, it moves into buy.

and hell yes, Cable is such a badass.[/QUOTE]

Well, EA actually put exclusive characters into Marvel Nemesis for PSP as well... PSP gets Dr Doom and Captain America in addition to everyone else.

Glad I waited to pick up X-Men Legends 2 on console, if they can nail the gameplay (and I have no doubt they can) then this is a day one buy.

These exclusive characters on the psp is annoying though for us console players... they should have a way to unlock these characters through gameplay on the console versions...

[quote name='brainstorm']These exclusive characters on the psp is annoying though for us console players... they should have a way to unlock these characters through gameplay on the console versions...[/QUOTE]
I thought that was one of PSP's selling points. Communication between the two for unlocking extras in both versions. I think Socom 3 and Fireteam Bravo utilize the same thing.

[quote name='brainstorm']These exclusive characters on the psp is annoying though for us console players... they should have a way to unlock these characters through gameplay on the console versions...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the PSP version won't go online... it's an even tradeoff, imo.

Plus, without any sort of extras to intice anyone, no one would really be interested. Hell, I didn't care (and almost bought the console version) until I read the information about the extras.

[quote name='Roufuss']http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/746/746601/vids_1.html

Three new videos of three out of four exclusive characters.

So far we have Cable, X-Man, and Cannonball... last one isn't revealed yet, but apparently it will be someone who hasn't been in the series yet.

Game comes out next week, I am pretty hyped, I hope the 9 comic book missions are as awesome as the ones in the first game.[/QUOTE]

Haven't been in the series or haven't been playable in the series. For X-men that haven't been in the series at all, the list is getting to be pretty small considering there were a lot that were there but weren't playable.

Looking at the video, wow, the graphics look amazing on the PSP. I'm officially going to be broke in two weeks, two amazing PSP games on the same day, X-Men Legends 2 and GTA:LCS! That sucks but at the same time is really great.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I have it on pre-order....we'll see how it is. Hopefully I can put it with the 2-3 other GOOD games PSP has[/QUOTE]

This and GTA are the last two reasons I'm keeping a PSP around... I am hopeful both games will be nothing short of awesome, but even then it's hard throwing down $50 bucks for a portable game.

Let's hope someone has this on sale.

[quote name='Roufuss']This and GTA are the last two reasons I'm keeping a PSP around... I am hopeful both games will be nothing short of awesome, but even then it's hard throwing down $50 bucks for a portable game.

Let's hope someone has this on sale.[/QUOTE]

Those are the two games I have on pre-order at GAmeRush. I barely play my PSP anymore....it's sad. However, I keep it for long trips or going to the cottage w/my wife. Something to kill time when I'm not at home.

Hopefully these games deliver.

[quote name='swetooth9']i dont get why they would keep some characters console-exclusive[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding me. Ok, lets say you own all three consoles. And guess what, X-men Legends II has naked Rogue has a secret character ONLY on Xbox. Which console would you get the game for?

So, this comes out this week it appears? I thought it was next week, but all signs point to tomorrow. That's good....I'll pick this up along w/The Warriors (XBOX) at GAmeRush. I love my pre-orders.

No reviews yet, but according to Gamespy, this game is infrastructure ready, meaning it supports online play.

And some breaking news on the extra comic book missions:

In addition to exclusive characters, the PSP version will boast exclusive missions based on the "Age of Apocalypse" storyline. One such level, based on the "X-Cutioner's Song" climax, found a group of Cable, Bishop, Wolverine, and Iceman trying to rescue Jean Grey and Cyclops.

[quote name='Roufuss']No reviews yet, but according to Gamespy, this game is infrastructure ready, meaning it supports online play.

And some breaking news on the extra comic book missions:[/QUOTE]

HUZZAH!!! This is sounding like the superior version with every new bit of information. I will definetly be picking this up ASAP.

Also, I noticed that Bestbuy.com has it listed as coming out on the 20th, Gamestop.com lists the 18th, and EBGames is also listing the 18th. It definetly looks like the release got bumped up a week!

[quote name='Follandboy']Cable was always my favorite charecter besides Gambit[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Cable was damn cool. Here's hoping he makes a console appearance in the future.

More news - the game requires the 2.0 update to play.

Load times are also, apparently, around 20 seconds, but if this is a load per level, I am fine with that, since the ratio of loading to playing balances out.

Finally got it... got sick of waiting for Gamerush to get it, so I got it elsewhere.

The game is basacially X-Men Legends 2 in portable form... with all the action, voices, and cutscenes from the consoles. The graphics are a bit worse, but that is understandable. No slowdown that I can see, and the load times are about 20 - 30 seconds MAX... after awhile you don't really notice them.

Only downside is the short loading it takes to get to your item / status screen, but after awhile you really don't notice it, espically with the 20 second loads.

Haven't unlocked any of the exclusives yet, but so far I am REALLY loving this game. I never thought I'd see the day when I could play the same exact game on a handheld that I can on the ps2.

[quote name='Roufuss']Finally got it... got sick of waiting for Gamerush to get it, so I got it elsewhere.

The game is basacially X-Men Legends 2 in portable form... with all the action, voices, and cutscenes from the consoles. The graphics are a bit worse, but that is understandable. No slowdown that I can see, and the load times are about 20 - 30 seconds MAX... after awhile you don't really notice them.

Only downside is the short loading it takes to get to your item / status screen, but after awhile you really don't notice it, espically with the 20 second loads.

Haven't unlocked any of the exclusives yet, but so far I am REALLY loving this game. I never thought I'd see the day when I could play the same exact game on a handheld that I can on the ps2.[/QUOTE]

You automatically get X-Man as soon as you beat Act 1. He's VERY powerful.

This game is badass, it is too amazing playing the same game as on the consoles but on a handheld.

I used to rag on the PSP a shit ton (had one about a month after launch), but between this, Burnout: Legends, and hopefully GTA (if it as good as they say) the PSP is really starting to pick up steam with it's second wave of games.

[quote name='Roufuss']This game is badass, it is too amazing playing the same game as on the consoles but on a handheld.

I used to rag on the PSP a shit ton (had one about a month after launch), but between this, Burnout: Legends, and hopefully GTA (if it as good as they say) the PSP is really starting to pick up steam with it's second wave of games.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it is.

I'm really enjoying this game. I suppose there isn't much that distinguishes this from the consoles on which it's ported, but still nice to have such a deep and involved game on a handheld. I've gone with auto leveling up (at least for now) since to get into the menu to manually distribute points will take over a minute of loading time -- is that a mistake to do? Am I missing out on anything by letting the game level up my characters?

Also I'd love to play online, but I never find any games going on. Is that the case for everyone else as well?

[quote name='Decker']I'm really enjoying this game. I suppose there isn't much that distinguishes this from the consoles on which it's ported, but still nice to have such a deep and involved game on a handheld. I've gone with auto leveling up (at least for now) since to get into the menu to manually distribute points will take over a minute of loading time -- is that a mistake to do? Am I missing out on anything by letting the game level up my characters?

Also I'd love to play online, but I never find any games going on. Is that the case for everyone else as well?[/QUOTE]

1. Yeah, I autolevel/equip all my chars, don't wanna waste time menuing and loading.
2. I can NEVER find online games..we've gotta start setting up some CAG groups.

[quote name='Decker'] I've gone with auto leveling up (at least for now) since to get into the menu to manually distribute points will take over a minute of loading time --[/QUOTE]

Over a minute? Takes me about 20 seconds, tops, good to give my fingers a rest.

[quote name='Roufuss']Over a minute? Takes me about 20 seconds, tops, good to give my fingers a rest.[/QUOTE]
In and out loading screen, I figured a minute but it might have been an over-estimate. Still, I like not having to futz with it. And since I'm still getting my bearings on all the available characters, this suits me just fine. Besides, so far nothing has been even remotely hard (just basic hack & slash stuff) so I don't have to be too strategic.

And as hard as it is to schedule a get-together for me with my family and all, I'd still be interested in an online CAG-fest.

[quote name='cleaver']Does the WAB changer work OK for this?[/QUOTE]does anyone have this answer??

it require 2.0 right?

gotta keep my 1.5,

chrono trigger and kid chameleon!

bread's done
Back