XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard v8 arcade is pretty terrible. 2.50 is nothing at all, but i just want to ask is the game worth the time of day? do people play it online, is there some fun in it, or is just so bad it's not worth bothering with. the couple reviews i checked out didn't say many good things.
I bought V8 arcade the day it got released on XBLA years ago. I was bored 5 minutes in even the nostalgia factor couldn't save the game. Even at $2.50 I wouldn't suggest it.

I'm crossing my fingers for Deadpool to go on sale. Please Xbox gods...please.
Don't expect anything past $30. They consider X-Men Origins Wolverine for $15 a "sale".

BTW, Might and Magic is available to download, but it's 1.44 GB. WTF! Now I remember why I never bought it when it was on sale.

Don't expect anything past $30. They consider X-Men Origins Wolverine for $15 a "sale".

BTW, Might and Magic is available to download, but it's 1.44 GB. WTF! Now I remember why I never bought it when it was on sale.
Just wait till next gen. Apparently Killzone Shadow Fall is going to be ~50GB to download digitally. I expect games to get bigger in file size for both consoles next gen. Maybe not 50GB but I could see 20GB being slightly common. Hopefully I am wrong though.

doesn't microsoftstore.com sell family guy disc version for $13? I bought it and i thought I paid $10 too much for it. it's got all the voices from the show (well they got seth mcfarlane) but seriously in terms of gameplay that game is no Simpsons the Game.

Well, I definitely grabbed it for 99 cents. There's a lot of paranoia going around right now because of the bans, but we're not "circumventing regional pricing" here by any means.

I want to pull the trigger on Zeno but I only have $10.01 and rather save that for a $9.99 or less game I wanted, than just getting it because it's cheap.

zeno clash...not even for a dollar. p sure that game's worth about 10 cents on pc anyway.

gin rummy??? are you serious bro??

how are these golf games, crap i presume?  better than GTA's golf? i guess those are the only games i'm lightly curious on

To be honest. This isn't manipulating what "country" I'm in and it is not a "free" game. I think people who buy this are fine.

Well, I definitely grabbed it for 99 cents. There's a lot of paranoia going around right now because of the bans, but we're not "circumventing regional pricing" here by any means.
gonna pick this up to play on the big screen, thanks guys.

edit

won't let me purchase it, gonna buy an hdmi cable instead and just play Steam games on my big screen.

There's some never before discounted stuff on this sale like the Wolverine Origins DLC, Gin Rummy and Terraria. I'll be grabbing those last 2 along with Zeno Clash 1 and possibly Prototype. All those super cheap XBLA games are tempting, but I'll pass on that garbage. That money can go towards games I'll actually play and it adds up quickly.

Just a repost and will be my only post on this thread about recent events:

I posted this info to sites like xbox360achievements and trueachievements forums but seems like my post wasn't posted for some reason. I just posted my guess on how it might be easier for MS to find culprits of downloading the free games especially when users of those sites including this site have their gamer tags as their signatures. It's so easy for us to search online and find info on free content and it leads to these sites, MS can do the same thing and also find users that uses the same gaming profiles, as user names and sigs or what not. I'm just giving a heads up, people should be careful before they admit to downloading something especially if your gamer profiles are right there for everyone to see.

I haven't got bit by the ban bug yet. I'm pretty surprised especially when I made like 5+ different accounts from different regions to get all the free games except Sherlock. I did take extra precautions when I made the dummy emails and dummy accounts. I made sure the locations I entered really exist and the names I used were as real as it can get, no names like Bart Simpson or what not. I'm not sure what I did but I was able to share Angry Birds, but that might not be the culprit game. Looks like it were the Oman games huh. Speaking about Oman, I guarantee the free games were available on other regions like Andorra.

Anyway, I'm read that people found out they got banned is when they signed on their dummy accounts? I'm guessing when you signed on to those accounts that's like calling the MS moderators. Once I downloaded the free games, I deleted the profile only and never planned on signing back on. Actually I did sign back on a couple times to download more games I missed out, but quickly deleted the profile right after. And I don't know if this helped me dodge the ban bullet, but I have my main account saved on a USB flash not on my console.

If I get banned I'll make sure to ask on the official Xbox forum why, just for the hell of it. I will also ask if this ban will affect my profiles on the Xbox One. When they say yes, I'll tell them I'm going to cancel my Xbox One order because of it. I advise others to post the same, that if their ban affects their experience for the Xbox One, they will cancel their order. I know it might not do crap, but don't ever doubt the user base especially the Xbox user base especially when MS have been doing a 180. This should be a console ban not a profile ban in my opinion, fcuk that, I think it should have been just a suspension. Anyway, I hope they will continue to reverse the bans. Good luck to everyone. I know this gaming community just wanted to share deals and free stuff. Don't let this stop that, just take caution when posting. Thanks to the users who lists all the deals and freebies.

Just a repost and will be my only post on this thread about recent events:

I posted this info to sites like xbox360achievements and trueachievements forums but seems like my post wasn't posted for some reason. I just posted my guess on how it might be easier for MS to find culprits of downloading the free games especially when users of those sites including this site have their gamer tags as their signatures. It's so easy for us to search online and find info on free content and it leads to these sites, MS can do the same thing and also find users that uses the same gaming profiles, as user names and sigs or what not. I'm just giving a heads up, people should be careful before they admit to downloading something especially if your gamer profiles are right there for everyone to see.

I haven't got bit by the ban bug yet. I'm pretty surprised especially when I made like 5+ different accounts from different regions to get all the free games except Sherlock. I did take extra precautions when I made the dummy emails and dummy accounts. I made sure the locations I entered really exist and the names I used were as real as it can get, no names like Bart Simpson or what not. I'm not sure what I did but I was able to share Angry Birds, but that might not be the culprit game. Looks like it were the Oman games huh. Speaking about Oman, I guarantee the free games were available on other regions like Andorra.
I never post my gamertrag on my forums profiles. Not saying that MS definitely doing this, but it's highly possible. Not having ban so far (knocking on wood) and i have all these freebies.

Sorry for the off topic. I'll check out Vigilante 8 trial later (i know it's really cheap, but have enough average XBLA's on my backlog already, so should make sure if is worth playing).

Thinking about Terraria, but with GTA Online release today i can't see myself playing anything other than that in next month or so. I still have yet to finish 100% the campaign.

I'm considering Transformers WFC and Spiderman Web Of Shadows. Is WFC worth it?

Yes. WFC is an awesome game. Every transformers fan should play it and it's sequel.

I never post my gamertrag on my forums profiles. Not saying that MS definitely doing this, but it's highly possible. Not having ban so far (knocking on wood) and i have all these freebies.
I really don't think there's any need for Microsoft to troll forums for this info. Each console has a unique ID. Everytime something gets downloaded from XBLM, they know what gamertag is downloading it and what console it's being downloaded to. They also know which gamertags have been logged into each console. All they need to do is mine that data to find out which consoles a game has been downloaded to, and then which gamertags are associated with that console ID.

On-topic, what is the deal with Deus Ex. It's been $15 like a dozen times. I would pick it up for $10 but it just can't seem to get there.

Downloaded Zeno Clash. Hope everyone saying they won't download it because it might be a price mistake is joking....

It shouldn't be hard to figure out what is/isn't wrong and or a banning offense. If your "taking advantage" of something that could have been a legitimate mistake, they obviously aren't going to ban you. Because there are people out there who don't know what the prices are supposed to be and will just download it not thinking they are doing something wrong (they aren't). If your going out of your way to circumvent Microsoft's systems, then you take that risk. No normal user is going to accidentally run into a game outside of their country, so it is quite obvious.

Anyway, HIGHLY doubt Microsoft is trolling forums They probably have their own more effective way of figuring this stuff out through their system.

Also, when you are a company you want to be cautious and only ban people who are deserving of it. You run a lot of risk trusting what people say on a forum even if its against themselves. What if I put my buddies gamertag in my signature and say I downloaded the game to get him banned? They aren't going to take that risk. They have some type of system monitoring the activity on their store and who knows exactly how it works but that is whats in play.

I really don't think there's any need for Microsoft to troll forums for this info. Each console has a unique ID. Everytime something gets downloaded from XBLM, they know what gamertag is downloading it and what console it's being downloaded to. They also know which gamertags have been logged into each console. All they need to do is mine that data to find out which consoles a game has been downloaded to, and then which gamertags are associated with that console ID.

On-topic, what is the deal with Deus Ex. It's been $15 like a dozen times. I would pick it up for $10 but it just can't seem to get there.
Deus Ex is a part of the 2 for $9.99 at Gamestop. I even got a converted to used new copy that wasn't even opened when I went yesterday.

On your first point, while technically true and possible, I don't know that they're doing that because then a whole ton more people would've been banned.

Deus Ex is a great game. I'm guessing there is still enough demand that they don't need to lower it further (maybe Black Friday?). Even the price on Amazon has never hit $10.

Man, XBL really dropped the ball with this new promotion. If this is their response to PS plus, then just LOL. The one free game is a game that is so old and popular that anyone who hasn't played it by now obviously doesn't care - exceptions noted - and the XBLA games that go on sale are undesirable. Really Hydrophobia? They're STILL trying hard to sell it? For anyone who knows the development history of that game, you know how ridiculous this is getting. There are tons of newer xbla games that need discounting. Kudos to terreria, but let's see more.

As apparently one of the very few that hadn't played Might & Magic yet, I'm stoked to get it for free.  Almost bit on it last time it was on sale.

Prolly going to grab Terraria as well.  Is the DLC for it worthwhile / needed?

As apparently one of the very few that hadn't played Might & Magic yet, I'm stoked to get it for free. Almost bit on it last time it was on sale.

Prolly going to grab Terraria as well. Is the DLC for it worthwhile / needed?
Pretty sure Terraria doesn't have DLC. The only things that the 360 version is missing are the PC updates since release, and the "bunny" pet (exclusive to PC CEs).

I appreciate that there's a little more variety to the Activision sale this time (including Deadpool & Wolverine: Origins DLC? I thought I'd never see the day!), but I wish the prices on the GoDs weren't the same shit prices as the last time (they were put on sale only 2 months or so ago). And I of course feel dumb for buying the Deadpool map pack the day it came out on Xbox Live, thinking it'd never go on sale.

After finishing Shattered Dimensions a second time recently, I still say it's a better game than WoS. The replayability relies mostly on the multiple difficulties/in-level challenges/getting better rankings/re-experiencing the script though. The vastly different settings also help keep it exciting (if you don't like certain Spider-Men's styles, replay as the other ones, plenty of levels to choose from). It looked great, was written well, and had a lot of personality and inclusion of various people from different Spider-man comic lines (at least 12 different foes). Not to mention all the different costumes/concept art/figurines/character bios the game includes, it just oozes fanservice. It was a risky change from the norm of Spider-Man games. All it needed was an open world hub or something.

All WoS had was Luke Cage & Wolverine, and standard Amazing Spider-man villains. The plot/writing was so-so, and it's an older game so of course the graphics suffered. The game's still pretty good for the open-world aspect (and being able to thwart crimes/beat up symbiotes) but half the buildings are the same, the crime events operate pretty similarly, and it gets stale fast after beating the main story. Where it shines is definitely the ability to upgrade both the regular/symbiote suit, and to switch between them on the fly (although the Ultimate levels in Shattered Dimension also provide a chance to play as Symbiote-Spider-man, I'd say it he doesn't play as well). But even with the multiple endings, it got tedious after a while (don't even talk to me about hunting all 2000 spider-emblems again! Worst collectibles idea ever.). Still remains my second favourite this gen.

Both are absolutely worth the current prices of admission though, too bad it wasn't lower this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back